Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

happy

Lexington, KY

#97140 Mar 25, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>What scriptures say that Jesus visited other people?
You never commented on the supposed missing book of Moses. I wonder why? I noticed you say the Bible says this or that but you never post scriptures to back your statement. I wonder why?
I intended to post the WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE,HOW and WHY concerning the two groups of righteous people but I have concluded in your case it would be a waste of time.
Jehovah's Witnesses offer free Bible studies without obligation, if you want to know "What Does the Bible REALLY Teach" contact them in your area or go on line to www.jw.org
Truly people don't need "OTHER" religions or "another version" of the "HOLY BIBLE". Another great way satan CONFUSES people.
Keep it as close as you can to the KJV...I understand use of. NKJV, NIV, Amplified, The Message, American Standard, Common English, etc.. To help some better understand, but NOT the Book of Mormon or the "Watchtower"....free yourself first then u can "HELP" others thru the Holy Spirit.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97141 Mar 25, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
"ALL" that call upon Him... A FREE GIFT to all that ask! That EASY!
YAA, you are using your phone to post under another name.
Why do you post under so many names? Does it help you to feel like you are not alone?

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#97142 Mar 25, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
"ALL" that call upon Him... A FREE GIFT to all that ask! That EASY!
Yet it's always a different god, and a different story.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97143 Mar 25, 2013
Theology wrote:
any religion that man created is flawed to the point of not believing in it. Instead of teaching your kids they are gonna burn in hell. support them and be there for them and show them how to be proactive and help others without having to have to worry if its enough or if they look at the opposite sex that they were in the wrong for feeling sexual. Organized religion is politics and nothing more. I do not dog spirituality. Each person should find their happy place.
I hope you do not have children it's not the "fear" lol that anyone should be trying to use for the case of Jesus. It's NOT ABOUT RULES.(they are guidelines)..it's accepting the truth that there is a creator. Once your heart is healed you choose to follow the guidelines if you are not already. Its not like they are difficult lol.. It may take some time, it may happen right away. He created us to have COMMUNITY with us, because He loves us. Only "fire" is for those who "choose" THEIR OWN way

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#97144 Mar 25, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you do not have children it's not the "fear" lol that anyone should be trying to use for the case of Jesus. It's NOT ABOUT RULES.(they are guidelines)..it's accepting the truth that there is a creator. Once your heart is healed you choose to follow the guidelines if you are not already. Its not like they are difficult lol.. It may take some time, it may happen right away. He created us to have COMMUNITY with us, because He loves us. Only "fire" is for those who "choose" THEIR OWN way
So then why do you believe?
happy

Lexington, KY

#97145 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>Yet it's always a different god, and a different story.
I'm so SORRY YOU have been HURT. RAPE is never acceptable. Never pretty. i have been raped also..But GOD did not cause that or allow it to happen. That's where the "EVIL" guy comes in. WHY do you not BLAME him for the "bad" instead of the ONE who laid His LIFE down for YOU?..Jesus loves you, he hurts for you. He wants to help and heal you. He is healing me..

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#97146 Mar 25, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm so SORRY YOU have been HURT. RAPE is never acceptable. Never pretty. i have been raped also..But GOD did not cause that or allow it to happen. That's where the "EVIL" guy comes in. WHY do you not BLAME him for the "bad" instead of the ONE who laid His LIFE down for YOU?..Jesus loves you, he hurts for you. He wants to help and heal you. He is healing me..
You really assume everything, and make up a lot of stories.

Tell you what, why don't you try actually asking questions instead of continuing your failed method of making it all up as you go? But then, if you asked actual questions, you may learn something.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97147 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So then why do you believe?
May be hard to explain here but I will attempt. Since I was young (before we tend to complicate life) I knew God (Jesus) was real. I could feel His presence..His calling (if you will) on my life. I knew He had purpose for me..I wasn't aware of my sins until I ask Him to save me..(was blind but now I see)...after reaching my teen years I rebelled ... I was typical teen BUT God even then was PROTECTING me..I could give you situations, examples of how He has helped me, protected me, I don't call anything a coincidence or luck. I know when MY God has intervened. God will SHOW you He is real if you want to know, ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Be open to what He shows you tho...don't be in denial mode..I guarantee it would be the BEST choice you could ever make ... Investigate with an open heart and cry out to YOUR maker. He is ALIVE.. He WILL hear you and He will ANSWER. He is crazy in LOVE with YOU kitty. Crazy in love...His ARMS are open. IF PEOPLE could see WHO JESUS REALLY IS....EVERYONE would b RUNNING to Him. Literally RUNNING!
God bless you
happy

Lexington, KY

#97148 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You really assume everything, and make up a lot of stories.

Tell you what, why don't you try actually asking questions instead of continuing your failed method of making it all up as you go? But then, if you asked actual questions, you may learn something.
True. It was an assumption. Sorry if I was wrong. So why don't you tell me then what happened? I NEVER make up a story. EVER... Just to get that CLEAR. I'm an open book. Tell it like it is. Never sugar coated. So..you like truth..I tell it. Made up CRAP... No, not me. The truth is to interesting to have to make up stories lol..blessings

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#97149 Mar 25, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
May be hard to explain here but I will attempt. Since I was young (before we tend to complicate life) I knew God (Jesus) was real. I could feel His presence..His calling (if you will) on my life. I knew He had purpose for me..I wasn't aware of my sins until I ask Him to save me..(was blind but now I see)...after reaching my teen years I rebelled ... I was typical teen BUT God even then was PROTECTING me..I could give you situations, examples of how He has helped me, protected me, I don't call anything a coincidence or luck. I know when MY God has intervened. God will SHOW you He is real if you want to know, ask Him to reveal Himself to you. Be open to what He shows you tho...don't be in denial mode..I guarantee it would be the BEST choice you could ever make ... Investigate with an open heart and cry out to YOUR maker. He is ALIVE.. He WILL hear you and He will ANSWER. He is crazy in LOVE with YOU kitty. Crazy in love...His ARMS are open. IF PEOPLE could see WHO JESUS REALLY IS....EVERYONE would b RUNNING to Him. Literally RUNNING!
God bless you
So you want it to be real, and thus buy into it simply because you cannot face your fear.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#97150 Mar 25, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
True. It was an assumption. Sorry if I was wrong. So why don't you tell me then what happened? I NEVER make up a story. EVER... Just to get that CLEAR. I'm an open book. Tell it like it is. Never sugar coated. So..you like truth..I tell it. Made up CRAP... No, not me. The truth is to interesting to have to make up stories lol..blessings
You say you never make up a story, yet you just did. You don't admit it, that's telling of how your delusion will make you reject being corrected. Then you make another assumption, that "something happened." What do you mean? When? There are a lot of events in a person's life, especially one as long as mine.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97151 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>You say you never make up a story, yet you just did. You don't admit it, that's telling of how your delusion will make you reject being corrected. Then you make another assumption, that "something happened." What do you mean? When? There are a lot of events in a person's life, especially one as long as mine.
U r right. Lol. Wow. My heart hurts for yours. I've had a lot in my life as well child. But I'm not staying STUCK in that mess I'm picking back up and moving on! PRAISE GOD .. Thank You Jesus for my life. Thank you for another day to breathe and PRAISE YOUR name. Thank you I woke up to another day! Thank you for the SOULS that ran to You yesterday for those who are searching for truth I raise them up to You that Your will b done. In Jesus name, Amen.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97152 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So you want it to be real, and thus buy into it simply because you cannot face your fear.
BAHAHA! You c I have NO FEAR! Lol lol. No fears.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#97153 Mar 25, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
BAHAHA! You c I have NO FEAR! Lol lol. No fears.
If you have no fears, and believe that you have some second life after this, then why do you live?
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#97154 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You just buy any story. The only religious killings in the USA have been christians and Muslims killing ... well, everyone. Not one murder was ever done for some satanic ritual, not one. Funny you missed that fact.
What are those two teenage boys that just shot a baby in the face in Georgia??

Answer: Freakin evile animals.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#97155 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If you have no fears, and believe that you have some second life after this, then why do you live?
SOME people live in this world with REGARD and RESPECT for others, while other low life POS do not.

There, all the gray shades made realllllllllllll simple, for the ignorant amongst us.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#97156 Mar 25, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Repeating the same debunked allegations over and over do not make them validated truths. The reason the ToE hasn't been dropped is because there are warehouses full of evidence in support of it.
On the other hand? Lets start on something that should be child's play for you. What is the physical evidence that a Global Flood occurred 4500 years ago? Put up or shut up.
"Literally" derived of ignorance, or based on more rational reasoning that the corners of the earth could've just included maybe 100 square miles?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#97157 Mar 25, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
What are those two teenage boys that just shot a baby in the face in Georgia??
Answer: Freakin evile animals.
Yes, and chances are, based on statistical data, they were christians, still not satanic killings.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#97158 Mar 25, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I used to consume alcohol and use drugs. I stopped because Satan does not approve of destroying the mind. I did not pray because prayer has never done anything (except keep some one from taking action that would do something)
I have just proved you wrong again!
If you believe in your god why do you ignore his words to you?
That's nice. But if prayer DOES help some people to better their lives, why would anyone want to speak with such ugly venom against it, especially if it does help some people?

Why? Why would anyone want to condemn in hatred, that which might help others (even though it might not be your thing)?
Why would any decent person want to behave so vilely?
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#97159 Mar 25, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
But when the person is told that the mud hut they built is not because of their hard work, it's no longer their mud hut, and they no longer care if it stands long.
That's one reason why Obama and his bullchit socilaist propogand of "spread others hard work and efforts reward to the undeserving" is viewed with such disdain by many.

And who the hell is he to tell anyone "they didn't build it".

(a reallly LOSERtic thing to say).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder (May '14) 4 hr fedup 438
Does anybody remember a man nicknamed 8 Ball? 4 hr Knox co 4
Brooke Mason 7 hr Branson 1
knox county detention center 7 hr on welfare 45
state police 8 hr Dear Knox 10
lets go to florida 9 hr Hatti_Hollerand 146
Hello Gray, Kentucky 10 hr Maybe 16
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE