Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 135,068

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Read more

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#97118 Mar 24, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Then where are the records from the Gentiles of His visit?
With all due respect, you adhere to the Book of Mormon and you ask a question that sounds to me like a call for evidence? I would suggest asking about your own evidence first.

Not that I agree with the other poster either. It's like arguing over which house Santa Clause visited and which he did not.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#97119 Mar 24, 2013
Here is proof that America's christians do not view the bible as the word of god
Our culture is different than the culture of biblical times so christians (claim they) no longer sell their daughters even though god said they should
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT
ALSO the christian cult now claims to be against slavery because we live in modern times ignoring the words of their christ
The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)
IF MODERN TIMES OR DIFFERENT CULTURE ALLOW MEN TO DECIDE WHAT IS RIGHT EVEN IF IT IS DIFFERENT THAN GODS WORD THAN THEY KNOW GODS WORD WAS WRITTEN BY MAN
Pat

Mount Vernon, KY

#97120 Mar 24, 2013
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97121 Mar 24, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Here is proof that America's christians do not view the bible as the word of god
Our culture is different than the culture of biblical times so christians (claim they) no longer sell their daughters even though god said they should
When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.(Exodus 21:7-11 NLT
ALSO the christian cult now claims to be against slavery because we live in modern times ignoring the words of their christ
The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)
IF MODERN TIMES OR DIFFERENT CULTURE ALLOW MEN TO DECIDE WHAT IS RIGHT EVEN IF IT IS DIFFERENT THAN GODS WORD THAN THEY KNOW GODS WORD WAS WRITTEN BY MAN
This what CPAC, FOX NEWS AND GOP religious extreme right wingers would like to see.

A general outline of what the reconstructed 'Kingdom,' or confederation of Biblical theocracies, would look like emerges from the large body of Reconstructionist literature.

This society would feature a minimal national government, whose main function would be defense by the armed forces. No social services would be provided outside the church, which would be responsible for 'health, education, and welfare.'

A radically unfettered capitalism (except in so far as it clashed with Biblical Law) would prevail. Society would return to the gold or silver standard or abolish paper money altogether. The public schools would be abolished. Government functions, including taxes, would be primarily at the county level.

Women would be relegated primarily to the home and home schools, and would be banned from government. Those qualified to vote or hold office would be limited to males from Biblically correct churches.

http://www.theocracywatch.org/dominionism.htm

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97122 Mar 24, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider again, the AA and 12-step program are constantly telling the people who are addicts that they are helpless, that they can't do anything. But the only proven method for cessation is the desire to stop. The program in question is a total scam, they make money from tax dollars and try to push them to go to a meeting every single day, which the repetition is exactly what indoctrination is. It's designed just like a religion, to scam money off people.
Thankfully the government is actually allowing some alternative groups, empowering ones that don't actually cost as much either. As I have started saying, the government is starting to use it's head instead of it's mythology to address the few problems left in the modern world.
I don't know much about AA, but I know a little. I think you might be doin' a little ax grinding for some reason?
By their own rules, they can't make money from tax dollars - they refuse any money from outside of the membership.
I have a slightly different take on the repetition. Habits by definition are repetitive. Repetition is a requirement to interrupt those behaviors, and support systems are encouraged in many, many other kinds of therapies. I'm going to guess that you're toting some kind of baggage over these 12 step things...

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97123 Mar 24, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
This what CPAC, FOX NEWS AND GOP religious extreme right wingers would like to see.
A general outline of what the reconstructed 'Kingdom,' or confederation of Biblical theocracies, would look like emerges from the large body of Reconstructionist literature.
This society would feature a minimal national government, whose main function would be defense by the armed forces. No social services would be provided outside the church, which would be responsible for 'health, education, and welfare.'
A radically unfettered capitalism (except in so far as it clashed with Biblical Law) would prevail. Society would return to the gold or silver standard or abolish paper money altogether. The public schools would be abolished. Government functions, including taxes, would be primarily at the county level.
Women would be relegated primarily to the home and home schools, and would be banned from government. Those qualified to vote or hold office would be limited to males from Biblically correct churches.
http://www.theocracywatch.org/dominionism.htm
The republicans, and their masters, want to turn 98% of the people in to peasants with no rights and desperate enough to slave 12 hours a day for a piece of bread. They would be the nobility and the only people with rights.
When this is how it was they raped women and if the husband said anything they killed him.(that is what christians want)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97124 Mar 24, 2013

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97125 Mar 24, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I used to consume alcohol and use drugs. I stopped because Satan does not approve of destroying the mind. I did not pray because prayer has never done anything (except keep some one from taking action that would do something)
I have just proved you wrong again!
If you believe in your god why do you ignore his words to you?
I thought you said Satan wasn't real

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#97126 Mar 24, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>With all due respect, you adhere to the Book of Mormon and you ask a question that sounds to me like a call for evidence? I would suggest asking about your own evidence first.

Not that I agree with the other poster either. It's like arguing over which house Santa Clause visited and which he did not.
No, I'm trying to cause him to think. If Jesus visited other people as the scriptures say. Why couldn't the Book of Mormon be a record from one of those groups of people?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97127 Mar 24, 2013
They do not have Blue Bell ice cream in Heaven. They only have good stuff in Hell.
So while you lay prone praisng your god like a slave I will enjoy great things with Satan

“There is no god”

War, WV

#97128 Mar 24, 2013
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97129 Mar 24, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
http://www.forwardprogressives .com/debunking-almost-every-re publican-lie-against-president -obama/
Great Link. I'm sure YAA will say "that's a crock".
GWB

Roseville, CA

#97130 Mar 24, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I'm trying to cause him to think. If Jesus visited other people as the scriptures say. Why couldn't the Book of Mormon be a record from one of those groups of people?
If the apostles are commission to make disciples of all nations using gifts of healing and of tongues, why would it be necessary for Jesus to tend to other sheep at that time? You would think that Jesus would have appeared during this time since it did absolutely no good because he had foretold an apostasy anyway.

The verse below does not distinguish who the sheep are, only that we are all the same.

Romans 10:12
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#97132 Mar 24, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
What scriptures say that Jesus visited other people?
You never commented on the supposed missing book of Moses. I wonder why? I noticed you say the Bible says this or that but you never post scriptures to back your statement. I wonder why?
I intended to post the WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE,HOW and WHY concerning the two groups of righteous people but I have concluded in your case it would be a waste of time.
Jehovah's Witnesses offer free Bible studies without obligation, if you want to know "What Does the Bible REALLY Teach" contact them in your area or go on line to www.jw.org
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#97133 Mar 24, 2013
Dear "do whut",

Memorial of Jesus’ Death

You are warmly invited to meet with us to observe the anniversary of Jesus’ death. Find a meeting location near you.

Find a Location Near You

“One Man Died for All”

Who is this man?

How does his death help us?

Why is it important that we remember him?

You are invited to consider answers from the Bible on Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Jesus Christ is widely recognized as the greatest man who ever lived. Yet, he surrendered his life for us 1,980 years ago. Concerning his death, the apostle Paul wrote:“One man died for all.” The apostle John observed:“The blood of Jesus ... cleanses us from all sin.”(2 Corinthians 5:14; 1 John 1:7) Exactly what do those statements mean? Why do we need cleansing? How can the death of one man so long ago be of any benefit to us today?

The anniversary of Jesus’ death falls on Tuesday, March 26, 2013, after sundown. Jehovah’s Witnesses invite you to meet with them on that date to examine what makes Jesus—and his sacrifice—so vitally important.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#97134 Mar 24, 2013
Jeremiah 25:32-38

Dead bodies from one end of the earth to the other end

“This is what Jehovah of armies has said,‘Look! A calamity is going forth from nation to nation, and a great tempest itself will be roused up from the remotest parts of the earth. 33 And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.’
34 “Howl, YOU shepherds (you false religious leaders), and cry out! And wallow about, YOU majestic ones of the flock, because YOUR days for slaughtering and for YOUR scatterings have been fulfilled, and YOU must fall like a desirable vessel! 35 And a place to flee to has perished from the shepherds, and a means of escape from the majestic ones of the flock. 36 Listen! The outcry of the shepherds, and the howling of the majestic ones of the flock, for Jehovah is despoiling their pasturage. 37 And the peaceful abiding places have been rendered lifeless because of the burning anger of Jehovah. 38 He has left his covert just like a maned young lion, for their land has become an object of astonishment because of the maltreating sword and because of his burning anger.”
Theology

Greenup, KY

#97135 Mar 24, 2013
any religion that man created is flawed to the point of not believing in it. Instead of teaching your kids they are gonna burn in hell. support them and be there for them and show them how to be proactive and help others without having to have to worry if its enough or if they look at the opposite sex that they were in the wrong for feeling sexual. Organized religion is politics and nothing more. I do not dog spirituality. Each person should find their happy place.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#97136 Mar 24, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know much about AA, but I know a little. I think you might be doin' a little ax grinding for some reason?
By their own rules, they can't make money from tax dollars - they refuse any money from outside of the membership.
I have a slightly different take on the repetition. Habits by definition are repetitive. Repetition is a requirement to interrupt those behaviors, and support systems are encouraged in many, many other kinds of therapies. I'm going to guess that you're toting some kind of baggage over these 12 step things...
No ax grinding, I want to see our species improve and that's not what AA is about. Read the 12 steps instead of just jumping to the defense of something that "sound good." Lots of things "sound good" until you actually look at them a bit closer.

Also, no they don't, they get paid by medical insurance and state taxes, always.
happy

Lexington, KY

#97137 Mar 25, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
They do not have Blue Bell ice cream in Heaven. They only have good stuff in Hell.
So while you lay prone praisng your god like a slave I will enjoy great things with Satan
ENJOY THEM WHILE you can because you won't in eternity. Satan is the father of "lies". He has you DECEIVED!
happy

Lexington, KY

#97138 Mar 25, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>If the apostles are commission to make disciples of all nations using gifts of healing and of tongues, why would it be necessary for Jesus to tend to other sheep at that time? You would think that Jesus would have appeared during this time since it did absolutely no good because he had foretold an apostasy anyway.

The verse below does not distinguish who the sheep are, only that we are all the same.

Romans 10:12
For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
"ALL" that call upon Him... A FREE GIFT to all that ask! That EASY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sabrina kagin spicer warrenn baker corey 11 min sad 44
Knox central high school BULLY Exposed !!! 21 min wow 16
Michael Trent/// 41 min DaBoss2 9
reward offered!!!! 1 hr Wondering 5
questions and concerns 1 hr steve 14
want to open small music venue in Barbourville 1 hr Bill Graham Jr 14
gangbang 2 hr How fun 2
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web