Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
92,681 - 92,700 of 130,418 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
John 3:18. "He who believes In Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed In the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Oh I believe. Thank you for opening my eyes.
I lift this forum up to You Jesus..these lost sheep. I know Your heart hurts over them..may Your will be done.
AMEN!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Invisible? Really? I would be trembling denying God. No way I would ever say that. So sad to because He loves and cares about you. I wouldn't trade God for all the Gold and toys.. Big boy/girl toys ;-) EVER... He is better than any material possession (just saying) and people Christians have FUN.. We are not PERFECT.. We are FORGIVEN
AMEN!
Nothing I have is worth Him!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
he could have just forgive us instead of having to murder something....just goes to show his true nature....evil.
NO!
No He could NOT!
(1) God is Just, God could not go back on what He said... that would make Him a Liar
(2) Payment for sin MUST be paid in Blood (For all sins... His perfect Blood!)
(3) IF it was just given to you... you wouldn't respect it, AND
the Afterlife would be just another crap hole like this world is!
(4) His plan for Salvation is Perfect! You have to want it, and a gift refused... NOT GOOD!
Take the Gift, and Thank God for it!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't answered my question. How could a god who is supposedly loving be more cruel than man?
God is JUST!
Have you seen what man can do???
You seen the guy that poured flamibles on that gal in the elevator?
cutting peoples heads off? raping, n killing without remorse?
Do you think they should go free?
No!
Neither should anyone that denies Chist's Salvation!
It's a Gift... Take it!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yer right about the "Golden Rule," YaA - except you know full well that Christians pick and choose when to use the Exodus "eye for an eye" or the Matthew "eye for an eye" - it all boils down to who and what the offender is.
Have you even read PAST those Books?
Try it... You might just UNDERSTAND!
Hope you do!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Our new Pope chose the namesake of his order, "Saint Francis of Assisi, the 13th century Catholic friar and preacher who founded the beggar-monk movement through his Franciscan order. He emphasized a life of asceticism and humility, and created a powerful voice for the poor the church couldn't ignore."
http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist...
Same sex marriage is the opposite of the Franciscan ideal; hedonism over asceticism and lust for political power redefining marriage for everyone over humility.
Same sex marriage is wrong because its too much to ask and a violation of taboo.
Man, I hate it when people violate taboo. We have taboos for a reason, people! Stop violating them!

Brian, where can good people go to help support taboos? Long ago I saw the first film in that series but I didn't follow the franchise into the 80s. If possible I want to get back into it, as a moral imperative, and help the cause of taboo!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus never wrote anything - or if he did, "God" saw fit to destroy every trace of reference or evidence.
Simplicity.
No... He did not write a thing...
He was too busy doing the Fathers work!
He let eye witnesses do it!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Some versions read Hell, as the Grave, and some verses read it as outer darkness!
Either way... I know there is a place of punishment!
Weeping, and gnashing of teeth, lake of fire don't sound good
at all, but for us that know of God's grace, to be away from that... Pure Hell!
Amen!
I've read the Holy Bible several times... do I know all?
Not by a looooong shot!
But I do know the message God's Grace + Faith in Christ = Salvation!
AMEN!
God Bless :-)
I think that the Devils who run the Nine Hells probably are more sinister than the Demons who run the 666 Layers of the Abyss. I mean, being Lawful Evil, they have a method of evil. And that seems scarier to me than random acts of senseless evil, as in the Chaotic Evil Demons.

I do remember thinking that Baalzebul (Arch-Devil, Lord of the Seventh, Lord of Flies) was cooler than Mephistopheles (Arch-Devil, Lord of the Eigth), though Mephistopheles has a better AC and has a magic fork weapon.

I don't know though. Demogorgon (Demon Lord, Prince of Demons) is kick ass.

Hard to pick which one is more awesome. All of 'em are hard to kill in straight combat. You need a Paladin or something that's probably Level 15 or better. Definitely need a Holy Avenger or something like that.

Wait...we're talking dumb Bible stuff again aren't we? Dangit.
Wrong again Sparky

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The rest of it? God smote kingdoms and gave the lands to the Jews, then the Jews got "smote" and it was all the children of Edom's fault? Yer double standards are showing.
You are just like FOX news - defending your right to cherry pick AND LIE by virtue of the first amendment.
Yer double standards are showing - AGAIN.
That was NOT what that verse was saying! He knows that!
Did I say anything about God NOT being God?
No!
He owns EVERYTHING... If He wanted to toss the whole mess in the
trash can... so be it!
The Fact that does not... proves He cares about His Creation, AND
Wants NOT to destroy it without getting the Repentant out of it first!
Yes God Killed! You remember what the Egyptians did to the Hebrew boys? Then you cry at Him killing the Egyptians first born???
Or cry at Him telling Joshua to wipe out a country?
A country where the set their own children on fir for a made up god???
Abraham had those lands first, God is the Land lord...
He'll place who he wants there!
BIG renovation comming... All the Rot will be removed, and the good made better!
Hope to see you there!
PS I thank Athiests for pointing me towards fox news!
Wrong again Sparky

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus supported owning slaves and beating them, YOU would be one of the jews slaves if they had any power
You cannot help but to lie can ya?
Thanks again!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
There's plenty of evidence, you just don't bother to look it up.
Lmfao.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
If you use the Bible as a moral authority how do you decide which stories are teaching good morals and which are not? Obviously this is one of reasons we have so many different churches. Nobody can agree.

If the Bible was a clearly written, unified source of moral authority then we could easily figure out how to behave using the book and we wouldn't argue about it.

Yet what you really find are stories in which God tells his people to kill babies, stories about obeying your masters to the death, lessons on how to treat your slaves, condemnations of homosexuals, witches, and a general disdain for women.

Hidden in all that garbage are a few decent lines about being a good person. Even the beloved sermon on the mount includes language that is not morally sound, as well as a ton of contradictions.

(Iron Chariots Wiki has an excellent smackdown of the sermon on the mount: http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php... )

When you have a huge book full of varying ideas and you give them book moral authority you have created a way in which people can be subjugated. Then a charismatic leader will come along and dumb people will flock to him and you end up with with Jonestown, Westboro, or the Berean Baptist Church in Fayetteville, NC:

http://boingboing.net/2012/05/04/pastor-sean-...

Yeah. Its a great idea to give a**holes that that guy a book and call it divine moral authority.
Wow... Lol.. Ok... ALL People think DIFFERENTLY! Hello?!
If I were to ask people to paint the same picture I showed to all of them or color their hair.. they would not get the same results...
WITHOUT God, the Holy Spirit guiding you, the scriptures will not be clear to you. Says exactly that in the Holy Bible. Christians are not perfect. Parking in a garage would not make me a car. Going to church doesn't make people Christian's. if they do not forgive and love and show mercy and grace.. They are still growing themselves or they are wolves in the church. WE WILL NEVER B PERFECT lol but we are forgiven. So there are baby Christian's and mature ones. There is growth in all things. Maturity. Ephesians 4:13 till we all come to the UNITY of the FAITH and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the TRUTH in LOVE, may GROW UP in ALL things into Him who is the Head -Christ

Eccl 12:11p the words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails-given by one shepherd. 12 Be warned, my son, of ANYTHING in ADDITION to them.
Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.
13 now all has been heard; here is the CONCLUSION of the matter: fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. 14 For God will bring EVERY deed into judgement, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.
But you may not get this either since you don't know Jesus. But it's pretty plain and simple.
Praise God. I love you Jesus. GOD BLESS YOU ALL I hope your day is AMAZING and filled with HOPE and PEACE!
Pat

Mount Vernon, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

...hey, who made god?
...and don't try that, "god just was!" nonsense!....if that's the case, then the universe was, "just was"
...you religious types have got to realize that your basing your life on fairy tales, and your fools are wasting your life praying to "god" that has a predetermined plan anyhow...LOLOLOLOLOL...your born into dept....LOLOLOL.....what suckers!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that we are not under the law but under grace. The old testament laws do not apply, or is it a sin to eat pork and shellfish? HMMM? Picking and choosing from the bible and making things up as you go along just proves that your god is not real and you do not believe that the bible is the word of god.
Leviticus 11
King James Version (KJV)

7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot help but to lie can ya?
Thanks again!
He's pretty funny. Maybe he's having as much fun as we are. Keep it light and with love, don't show hatred ... To these that hate. They are the ones who NEED LOVE the MOST
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>That was NOT what that verse was saying! He knows that!
Did I say anything about God NOT being God?
No!
He owns EVERYTHING... If He wanted to toss the whole mess in the
trash can... so be it!
The Fact that does not... proves He cares about His Creation, AND
Wants NOT to destroy it without getting the Repentant out of it first!
Yes God Killed! You remember what the Egyptians did to the Hebrew boys? Then you cry at Him killing the Egyptians first born???
Or cry at Him telling Joshua to wipe out a country?
A country where the set their own children on fir for a made up god???
Abraham had those lands first, God is the Land lord...
He'll place who he wants there!
BIG renovation comming... All the Rot will be removed, and the good made better!
Hope to see you there!
PS I thank Athiests for pointing me towards fox news!
I think chrom your knowledge or unknowl.. Lol of the bible shows... You do get the stories quite messed up ...
Read it some more, it never gets old
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No... He did not write a thing...
He was too busy doing the Fathers work!
He let eye witnesses do it!
BAHAHA u guys are soooo funny! Lol
Lol lol
All of the HOLY BIBLE is the INSPIRED word of GOD... Hello hello hello
GOD USES PEOPLE! Wow. Imagine it... God uses his people. We are His hands and feet. Really really cool. I can do Gods work if He equips me... Which He will if He has asked me to do something. Notice I said ASKED!? Lol
If I won't do it, He will find a willing soul..He certainly isn't twiddling His thumbs lol... FREE WILL. FREE CHOICE thank you Jesus that I did CHOOSE YOU! Thank you for CALLING on me. Glad my heart answered. GOD BLESS YOU ALL
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>God is JUST!
Have you seen what man can do???
You seen the guy that poured flamibles on that gal in the elevator?
cutting peoples heads off? raping, n killing without remorse?
Do you think they should go free?
No!
Neither should anyone that denies Chist's Salvation!
It's a Gift... Take it!
BEST GIFT EVER! Best decision a person can make
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN!
You are soooo funny! BAHAHAHA one day if your mind is not changed you will be sorry you spoke those words.. I pray it's changed. GOD BLESS YOU HONEY
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN!
And u r right... Nothing you have is worth Him :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info