Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,073

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96964 Mar 23, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I don't remember Jesus saying to do these things!
Jesus told a parable of two sons...
One stayed home, and begrugingly did what he was told, the other
went and squandered his life... you know the story!
It's a heart thing!
Since you have made a new god from the old jewish god you are creating a god to reflect what you can sell to others with more ease.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96965 Mar 23, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Who gets to choose what is "moral" and "immoral"?
Our society teaches that it is wrong to harm others. My religion states that it is wrong to violate another person, that is good morals.
A bible that tells men to sell their daughters as sex slaves and to own slaves is not moral
Quit lapping up the stupid, it'll just warp your brain further.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96966 Mar 23, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Who gets to choose what is "moral" and "immoral"?
Our society teaches that it is wrong to harm others. My religion states that it is wrong to violate another person, that is good morals.
A bible that tells men to sell their daughters as sex slaves and to own slaves is not moral
and gleaning common sense, decency, ethics and morality from those kinds of good life lessons, tell some of the rest of us, some stuff in life, just isn't, nor ever was, for "sale".

(Muh padre "let" moi get a legal work permit at an early-so's I could ALWAYS earn my wages honestly, ethically and decently-the moral way! He were a Master of Science, but he not so good at religion lol)
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96967 Mar 23, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
u tell us your thoughts and we tell u our thoughts...the only difference is your thoughts have no proof other than personal faith but ours on the other hand has plenty of real solid tangible proof. we cant help that u ignore it and wont take the time to really look for truth.
I am an electronics tech, auto
mechanic, carpenter, welder, painter, appliance reapairman...
list goes on...
I Love science, and have read many things, watched even more!
When I was sitting in my shed, depressed with a
40lb propane tank, a bic lighter...about to open the valve,
and spark the lighter, a voice came from everywhere!
The voice said "Don't do it...!"..
The depression left immediately!
That, and MANY other things Trump your version of any proof
to the non-existance of God!
See... I KNOW I'm right... you can only hope you are!
Hope that changes for ya... I really do!
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96968 Mar 23, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Since you have made a new god from the old jewish god you are creating a god to reflect what you can sell to others with more ease.
is doing a scientific study on this stupid stuff, and in true stupid form, the truly stupid, just keep making it stupider !

:-)

It's a BOOK, that should NOT be used a some sort of lethal weapon, by ANYONE, no matter the race, creed or color!!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96969 Mar 23, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree. He was created. By God.
Satan wasn't created by God.
How can somebody profess to being a Christian when they do't even know what's in the Bible?
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT u do NOT SEE THE WIND!
Hello?? Do YOU TALK to imaginary people? Lol
You see the wind when it carries dust, fog and smoke.
Tornadoes are not invisible, and because people DARED defy the church to learn, we also know they are not the fingers of God.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96970 Mar 23, 2013
what wrote:
and i challenge any single christian here to tell me the scripture that says u will go to heaven. im not sayin a scripture that says u will be saved becuz saved does not mean heaven no matter how hard u try to make it be. not one single verse in the bible says we can go to heaven but on the flip side there are many that says no man shall ever enter the gates of heaven. so when u find the scripture that says we are gonna go to heaven let me know which one it is cuz id like to read it myself.
Do you think a rebuilt earth, all fresh, and clean...
Without people like Bill Maher, and Dawkins...
wouldn't be Heaven, or the next best thing?
AMEN!
Although...
I hear Bill's been finding some of his brains lately...
LOL... we'll hope he does!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96971 Mar 23, 2013
what wrote:
i get a laugh out of john 3:13 myself. jesus himself said no one has ever ascended in to heaven except he that came from heaven. but i do have a good question about it...i wonder why jesus never knew of enoch or elijah. the OT states that god took them both up to heaven. kinda funny your prophet and the son of god didnt even know what the old testament had already claimed of those 2 guys. honestly, how can u all really believe such stupidity that is written all through the bible? the divine inspiration cant even match its own stories up from one testament to the other. do any of u know what the bible says of false prophets? and dont any of u all see just how false jesus' prophecies have came to be? u all really should ask yourselves some real questions about your beliefs instead of just believing blindly. if u are gullible about one thing u are gullible about any is what ive always heard so u might wanna watch out about what ppl u allow in to your lives b4 u get taken for everything u got.
And... You "know" Enoch, and Elijah DID NOT come from Heaven in the first place???
Jesus said about John the Baptist, that the people were waiting for Elijah to return... He did IN John!
So... What we don't know... we don't know!
What I DO KNOW... God is real, and He made a simple way
to be redeemed! Faith in Christ!
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96972 Mar 23, 2013
what wrote:
there are alot more than 10 laws god gives u in the old testament....go open your bible sometime and u might see them. if u wanna act like they arent in there cuz u wanna live a life of sin u just do that. u are gonna regret it in the end when u see i am right and u are wrong. a little of the same tactics u all use here, if u dont u will go to hell...lol and since u mention exodus 20, just scan on over to verse 13 and then tell me what it says u are to do in it...in fact just read all the way thru chapter 20-23 and take note of how many times god himself tells us to put someone to death (kill). its bad that u quote your book and chapter and the very verse that says to kill is in the same chapter as the verse that says that shall not kill....cant u see the stupidity of it all yet?
He... gave them to the Jews, and reiteraded the Ten in the NT... along with
one man, one woman marriage!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96973 Mar 23, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one believe the Bible is indeed the inspired word of God, but I agree with you the public school system is not the place to teach the Bible. Nor is it a place to teach Religion including the THEORY of evolution. I think evolution should be stricken from the public school system and school books.
The Bible and Religion should be taught at home! Or at the religious gathering.
You can believe that it rained for 40 days and nights and the waters rose to a depth of four and a half miles to cover the tops of the highest mountains just a few centuries ago, but you can't wrap your mind around genetic drift over millions of years? Ignorance and faith does not make anything real or true.
There was a time that lightening rods were heresy. There was a time that it was punishable by death to claim that the Earth revolved around the Sun. There was a time when the study of anatomy was branded necromancy and when herbalists were suspected of being witches. Science is not a religion, but it has always been a threat to it. If you first object to evolution being taught in school, what is the next target? Physics? Astronomy? Medicine?
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96974 Mar 23, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
Has ANYONE read the full story of this discussion & not just the TITLE? Well I hadn't! Just did! I'm ashamed of myself for joining a discussion I didn't know the FULL extent of! This Topic has become a trash slinging, rude, disrespectful, name calling discussion! The full story behind this discussion is offering an Elective Course of Bible Study to High School students in KY Public Schools! The State is not trying to ENFORCE Christianity or the Bible on ANY child! The Topic IS NOT who is Right or Wrong, just giving the STUDENTS the right to CHOOSE for themselves. I personally, see nothing wrong with giving the students the RIGHT to make their OWN CHOICE! That's why it is called an Elective Course, not FORCED. I see only one good thing with my participation in this discussion, I got to SHARE MY GODLY Morals & Values with you. So, I respectfully thank you for listening & responding to my comments & I now bow out graciously. And for those who may doubt my CHRISTIANITY, yes, I strive daily to be more Christ like!, and IF I DO FALL, I do repent & ask forgiveness & MY GOD is Just to FORGIVE! May God Bless ALL & Shine His Face Upon You!!!
God Bless you, and yours!
Amen!
Blablahblah

London, KY

#96975 Mar 23, 2013
needs a new brick, the handy dandy, super duper, sparkul, sparkul, gwitter-gwitter one kept in pocket currently used for head banging, needs replenished to due fractured fault lines of over usage lol.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96976 Mar 23, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. What? Oh my my.
God I know you RESCUED me and I know You are real. Remembering how you have kept me safe and the miracles you have provided. I KNOW You are real. I can't see how ppl deny You or why. Such peace and joy...amazing LOVE ...Lord may Your will be done.
Amen!
happy

Lexington, KY

#96977 Mar 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Our new Pope chose the namesake of his order, "Saint Francis of Assisi, the 13th century Catholic friar and preacher who founded the beggar-monk movement through his Franciscan order. He emphasized a life of asceticism and humility, and created a powerful voice for the poor the church couldn't ignore."
http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist...

Same sex marriage is the opposite of the Franciscan ideal; hedonism over asceticism and lust for political power redefining marriage for everyone over humility.

Same sex marriage is wrong because its too much to ask and a violation of taboo.
Well HALLELUIJAH
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96978 Mar 23, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it that "you" interpret scripture the way you do? I sure do t interpret that way and I'm empathetic and sympathetic. If you READ the bible you will have the answers ... People were not killed for no reason. Take your blinders off
Some versions read Hell, as the Grave, and some verses read it as outer darkness!
Either way... I know there is a place of punishment!
Weeping, and gnashing of teeth, lake of fire don't sound good
at all, but for us that know of God's grace, to be away from that... Pure Hell!
Amen!
I've read the Holy Bible several times... do I know all?
Not by a looooong shot!
But I do know the message God's Grace + Faith in Christ = Salvation!
AMEN!
God Bless :-)
Wrong again Sparky

Winchester, KY

#96979 Mar 23, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Please explain how anything I have posted explains the bible.
Otherwise what you said makes as much sense as saying that the sun shining proves there is no god
Hahahaha!
I thought you said you've read, and understand the Bible
better than Christians???
Seems that was just another satanic lie!
Read it again...
Maybe something will rub off on ya!

BTW The sun shinning proves there is a God...
Well Everything does... Go figure!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96980 Mar 23, 2013
happy wrote:
John 3:18. "He who believes In Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed In the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Oh I believe. Thank you for opening my eyes.
I lift this forum up to You Jesus..these lost sheep. I know Your heart hurts over them..may Your will be done.
AMEN!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96981 Mar 23, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Invisible? Really? I would be trembling denying God. No way I would ever say that. So sad to because He loves and cares about you. I wouldn't trade God for all the Gold and toys.. Big boy/girl toys ;-) EVER... He is better than any material possession (just saying) and people Christians have FUN.. We are not PERFECT.. We are FORGIVEN
AMEN!
Nothing I have is worth Him!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96982 Mar 23, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
he could have just forgive us instead of having to murder something....just goes to show his true nature....evil.
NO!
No He could NOT!
(1) God is Just, God could not go back on what He said... that would make Him a Liar
(2) Payment for sin MUST be paid in Blood (For all sins... His perfect Blood!)
(3) IF it was just given to you... you wouldn't respect it, AND
the Afterlife would be just another crap hole like this world is!
(4) His plan for Salvation is Perfect! You have to want it, and a gift refused... NOT GOOD!
Take the Gift, and Thank God for it!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96983 Mar 23, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't answered my question. How could a god who is supposedly loving be more cruel than man?
God is JUST!
Have you seen what man can do???
You seen the guy that poured flamibles on that gal in the elevator?
cutting peoples heads off? raping, n killing without remorse?
Do you think they should go free?
No!
Neither should anyone that denies Chist's Salvation!
It's a Gift... Take it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 28 min yeah man 5,520
Cody Abner (Jun '11) 1 hr jo jo 7
bad renters HELP 1 hr Johnnie 7
What happened at Stinking Creek? 2 hr stupidisasstupiddoes 93
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 2 hr record 7
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 2 hr record 10
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 2 hr record 19
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Cornelius Scudmister 154,006
kC principal injured 7 hr Sarah J 7
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info