Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,633)

Showing posts 92,641 - 92,660 of122,715
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree. He was created. By God.
So where's the evidence that your particular god is real?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
BUT u do NOT SEE THE WIND!
Hello?? Do YOU TALK to imaginary people? Lol
No, you're the one with an imaginary friend you call god.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did that book have the opposite effect on so many of us atheists. I say great, teach the bible, it will show them that you are following a book of smut. Read the bible, we can always use more atheists.
Book of smut? Is that why so many baptist rape children?
Yes, reading the bible is the best cure for the delusion of the christian cult.
I learned that it is bull by reading it

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Book of smut? Is that why so many baptist rape children?
Yes, reading the bible is the best cure for the delusion of the christian cult.
I learned that it is bull by reading it
It's interesting how most of the atheists in the US are deconverts for the exact same reason.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So where's the evidence that your particular god is real?
Well it's pretty obvious. You don't have to look far. You are a beautiful creation.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>*"Where does the Bible forbid "another Gospel of Jesus"?
Galations
1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ, to another gospel: 1:7 Which is not another; but there are some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 1:9 As we said before, so I say now again, If any [man] preacheth any other gospel to you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians
11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].

*"What laws and dates?"
I cannot remember the exact quote, and my Libronix Digital Library System
tends to return either too many verses, or not enough... LOL
Read the Catholic version of the 10 Commandments
http://atheism.about.com/od/tencommandments/a...
Notice the Catholics removed #2, and split #10...
plus they changed the Sabbath from Sat, to Sun.
Ask yourself this...
Did Jesus not do it all on the Cross?
What more do you need than what was written (John 3:16-19)?
Rejoyce IN Jesus Christ... Not Joseph Smith (a crooked man)!

My Dad (a mormon) seen the Light, repented, and was saved,
and born again!
He's in Heaven now... Amen!
May God Bless you with eyes to see!
The BOM is another testament that Jesus is the Christ. Not another "gospel" of Jesus.
We believe the warnings in the scriptures you quoted to be the fulfillment of Christ's prophesy that the church would fall away. And that there would be a restitution of all things. We believe our Church to be a restoration of the Gospel that Jesus taught and the structure therein.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it's pretty obvious. You don't have to look far. You are a beautiful creation.
So you have no evidence for any of your assertions. You just answered a request for evidence with just another assertion.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>I'm looking to get the Geneva Bible...
Pre KJV, and came over with our founding fathers!
I can read it online, but nothing like holding a
GOOD Book!
When you do, you will be interested to see some of the pictographs inside. Amazing how they did it. The picture of the baptismal font from Solomon's temple was cool. On the backs of 12 oxen to represent the tribes of Israel.
I got to hold one before and look through it. Some scriptures read different from the KJV

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"they knew the actual church of Christ was no longer existent"
Really???
What were Christ's words on this subject?
Do you think He lied?
NO!
In the verses I quoted you earlier...
It's the simplicity of the Gospel...
So even "They" could receive it... IF they wanted!
No extra books, magic plates, or whatever... Just Christ!
Amen!
As I've said, Christ said that there would be a falling away from His church before His return. An apostasy. He also said He had other sheep not of their fold to tend to. Could those other people not write what they witnessed when He visited?
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well goofy went off when you put a S on Revelation so I fugured he'd have a field day if the whole word was wrong.
I think once on the GB always on. Kind of like a Pope but there's more of them. I think brother Franz was kicked off because he didn't agree with a few things and the JWs had caused a lot of their members to be killed over telling them they couldn't take a Politic Card somewhere in Africa I think. I can look it up if you're interested in the story. He wrote a book called Crisis of Conscience I think. Sorry but I'm in a hurry or I'd throw some links in.
As far as them being flashy with their money, it's nothing like it use to be. Here's a funny story the JWs hate to talk about and many do not even know. Back in the day when Rutherford was crazy, he thought Abraham, David, Moses and a few others were all getting resurrected while he was alive. He taught that they were going to rule the world so he built them a huge house and called it Beth Sarim.
Of course he lived there and they never showed up and they had to sell it. There's something weird about it, like they tried to bury him there and it took them like 3 months to get him put in the ground. I thought it was a funny story anyway.
I found the links, thanks for the info.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

TheFinisher wrote:
Absolutely nothing academic about the Bible. I'm not saying it is completely without value, but teaching it in school? Well, not if it's a public school. Sorry.
I for one believe the Bible is indeed the inspired word of God, but I agree with you the public school system is not the place to teach the Bible. Nor is it a place to teach Religion including the THEORY of evolution. I think evolution should be stricken from the public school system and school books.
The Bible and Religion should be taught at home! Or at the religious gathering.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Proverbs 22:6
King James Version (KJV)

6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Bible In Schools and Homes.

Deuteronomy 6:7
King James Version (KJV)

7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I for one believe the Bible is indeed the inspired word of God, but I agree with you the public school system is not the place to teach the Bible. Nor is it a place to teach Religion including the THEORY of evolution. I think evolution should be stricken from the public school system and school books.
The Bible and Religion should be taught at home! Or at the religious gathering.
So you disagree with teaching children facts and science. Look, I know you think that being an idiot is good, but why do you want to force children to be idiots like you?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So where's the evidence that your particular god is real?
Why ask for something that does not exist.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Leaving the Light On wrote:
Proverbs 22:6
King James Version (KJV)
6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Bible In Schools and Homes.
Deuteronomy 6:7
King James Version (KJV)
7 And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children, and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Ahhhh, indoctrinate, iran does that to children also.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Why ask for something that does not exist.
Because I wish some evidence of some after life did exist.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
So you disagree with teaching children facts and science. Look, I know you think that being an idiot is good, but why do you want to force children to be idiots like you?
Grreeeaaat post.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Because I wish some evidence of some after life did exist.
Good luck, none exists.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've said, Christ said that there would be a falling away from His church before His return. An apostasy. He also said He had other sheep not of their fold to tend to. Could those other people not write what they witnessed when He visited?
You have a destorted view of the other sheep. WHO REALLY ARE THE OTHER SHEEP? Actually there are two groups of righteous people!
When I went to school it was told to me that you can get to the bottom of any subject (Police use it all of the time) if you can answer the who,what,when, where,how and why, about any matter you can solve it. So why dont we do that with the two groups of righteous people. There are two groups as indicated by Jesus at Matthew 5:3 says the kingdom of heaven belongs to them." That is one group. and 5:5 refers to the other group when it says, "Blessed are the meek for thay shall inherit the earth". The first group are referred to again at Luke 12:32 “Have no fear, little flock, because YOUR Father has approved of giving YOU the kingdom.
The other group is referred to at John 10:16 “And I have other sheep, which are not of this fold; those also I must bring, and they will listen to my voice, and they will become one flock, one shepherd.(This second group could not possible be the American Indians.)
Both groups have the one shepherd (Jesus) and are one flock. The major difference is one group goes to heaven to rule with Jesus Rev.5:10 and the orher group will inherit the earth. Pslam 37:29
The major difference is they have two different inheritances, one is Heavenly rulership, and the other is earthly inheritance.
Now if we can use the above system to help us to identify each group. It's late and I'm tired I'll have to pick this up at another time.
Have a goodnight,
"Known Fact"
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two different ideas of what makes an idot! One is not the belief in scientific fact which is entirely different from the idiotic idea of some evolution THEORY WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT IT! Now who is the idiot?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 92,641 - 92,660 of122,715
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

77 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min freelancehobo 138,651
somepplarebitchs 10 min three trucks 15
does anyone know rex gray? (Jun '08) 23 min concerned 53
b ville grill is a awesome place to eat! 28 min jerry 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 29 min Wish 919
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr Funny 81,199
Brian Hamilton In Jail again 2 hr Reject 2
Corey vs. Collins 12 hr Student 50
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters