Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,115

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#96944 Mar 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Romans 1:20-22 20 For his (God's) invisible [qualities] are clearly seen from the world’s creation onward, because they are perceived by the things made, even his eternal power and Godship, so that they are inexcusable;
I have come to the same conclusion as the Apostle Paul.
Common sense will tell you anything left to it's own will deterioate instead of evolve.
Jehovah's Witnesses published a book "LIFE - How Did It Get Here? By Evolution Or By Creation?" You would do well to obtain a copy of that book (it is free) because it has been thoroughly researched on both sides of the issue. If after examining that book if you are not convienced that we were created then there is nothing I can say that will change your mind.
As you said to each his own.
This is why it is impossible to take you seriously. I'm aware of the book you mentioned. I don't know if you realize it or not, but that book is an absolute joke outside the Watchtower circles. By "thoroughly researched" you can only mean it was ripped to shreds a million times by scientists and skeptics and people who still have enough brain cells to rub together to recognize garbage when they see it.

I don't understand how you could possibly think that book is respected outside your church. I'm not even a scientist and I can tell you it is complete nonsense.

You would do better to simply have your faith and stop trying to paint it as rational. It is not rational, nor is it supported by evidence. But the last time I checked evidence was not an element of faith to begin with.

Location hidden

#96945 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Intersection of Science and Faith
Dr. Craig Hazen
The Case for a Creator
Dr. Lee Strobel
Darwin or Design
Paul A Nelson
How the Universe Points Toward a Creator
Dr. John Bloom
Why Historians Take the Gospel Serious
Dr. John Dickson
Top ten reasons we know the New Testament is true
Dr. Frank Turek
The Reliability of the New Testament
Sean McDowell
A who's who of crazy. I love how the Creationist Clowns love to put "Dr" in front of their names. Lee Strobel is a journalist. He got an honorary doctorate from a Christian school. So when he is presented as "Dr" Lee Strobel it sounds like he has real academic credentials. But nobody - and I mean NOBODY - takes this guy seriously outside the nuttiest of nutterburg.
aReader

London, KY

#96946 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Craig Hazen
The Case for a Creator
Dr. Lee Strobel
Darwin or Design
Paul A Nelson
Dr. John Bloom
Dr. John Dickson
Dr. Frank Turek
Sean McDowell
"Books,not Bombs"

Listen to the Wind: The Story of Dr. Greg & Three Cups of Tea

Age Range: 6 - 8 years
Hardcover: 32 pages
Publisher: Dial; First edition (January 22, 2009)
Language: English

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#96947 Mar 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
There are two different ideas of what makes an idot! One is not the belief in scientific fact which is entirely different from the idiotic idea of some evolution THEORY WITH ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE TO SUPPORT IT! Now who is the idiot?
Well, us "idiots" who understand how science works make it possible for you idiots to even live now.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#96948 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Dr. Craig Hazen
The Case for a Creator
Dr. Lee Strobel
Darwin or Design
Paul A Nelson
Dr. John Bloom
Dr. John Dickson
Dr. Frank Turek
Sean McDowell
I asked for evidence, not more assertions. You have provided no evidence to your first assertion yet.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#96949 Mar 22, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck, none exists.
There's plenty of evidence, you just don't bother to look it up.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#96950 Mar 22, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
There's plenty of evidence, you just don't bother to look it up.
Where is this evidence?

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#96951 Mar 23, 2013
Bible study rules because children need to learn morality as well as they need to learn the facts of life.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#96952 Mar 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Bible study rules because children need to learn morality as well as they need to learn the facts of life.
Yep, the bible is a great example of how not to act.

Location hidden

#96953 Mar 23, 2013
If you use the Bible as a moral authority how do you decide which stories are teaching good morals and which are not? Obviously this is one of reasons we have so many different churches. Nobody can agree.

If the Bible was a clearly written, unified source of moral authority then we could easily figure out how to behave using the book and we wouldn't argue about it.

Yet what you really find are stories in which God tells his people to kill babies, stories about obeying your masters to the death, lessons on how to treat your slaves, condemnations of homosexuals, witches, and a general disdain for women.

Hidden in all that garbage are a few decent lines about being a good person. Even the beloved sermon on the mount includes language that is not morally sound, as well as a ton of contradictions.

(Iron Chariots Wiki has an excellent smackdown of the sermon on the mount: http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php... )

When you have a huge book full of varying ideas and you give them book moral authority you have created a way in which people can be subjugated. Then a charismatic leader will come along and dumb people will flock to him and you end up with with Jonestown, Westboro, or the Berean Baptist Church in Fayetteville, NC:

http://boingboing.net/2012/05/04/pastor-sean-...

Yeah. Its a great idea to give a**holes that that guy a book and call it divine moral authority.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#96954 Mar 23, 2013
Our new Pope chose the namesake of his order, "Saint Francis of Assisi, the 13th century Catholic friar and preacher who founded the beggar-monk movement through his Franciscan order. He emphasized a life of asceticism and humility, and created a powerful voice for the poor the church couldn't ignore."
http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist...

Same sex marriage is the opposite of the Franciscan ideal; hedonism over asceticism and lust for political power redefining marriage for everyone over humility.

Same sex marriage is wrong because its too much to ask and a violation of taboo.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96955 Mar 23, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
You just want little girls to think god likes it when they have sex with their fathers.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#96956 Mar 23, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You just want little girls to think god likes it when they have sex with their fathers.
Ewe. That is NOT what fathers are supposed to be like. Don't listen to that (Sick!) chit!!
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96957 Mar 23, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeremiah 25:32,33
Dead bodies from one end of the earth to the other end
“This is what Jehovah of armies has said,‘Look! A calamity is going forth from nation to nation, and a great tempest itself will be roused up from the remotest parts of the earth. 33 And those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth. They will not be bewailed, neither will they be gathered up or be buried. As manure on the surface of the ground they will become.’
34 “Howl, YOU shepherds (religious leaders), and cry out! And wallow about, YOU majestic ones of the flock, because YOUR days for slaughtering and for YOUR scatterings have been fulfilled, and YOU must fall like a desirable vessel! 35 And a place to flee to has perished from the shepherds, and a means of escape from the majestic ones of the flock. 36 Listen! The outcry of the shepherds, and the howling of the majestic ones of the flock, for Jehovah is despoiling their pasturage. 37 And the peaceful abiding places have been rendered lifeless because of the burning anger of Jehovah. 38 He has left his covert just like a maned young lion, for their land has become an object of astonishment because of the maltreating sword and because of his burning anger.”
Two things!

(1) I did not recognise these verses, and had to read them in my refferences, are these from your JW Bible?

(2) you gave Jeremiah 25:32,33, and posted to 38!
As always in a posted read, I go back a few verses to get the whole picture.

I've linked my online resource for you!
Hope you find it usefull!
Also... You can go to the store, and find Libronix digital Bible refferences!
God Bless!
http://www.masterstech-home.com/The_Library/T...
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96958 Mar 23, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
go and read the bible and then u might be able to understand what im sayin then. i find it funny that the believers hardly ever know anything in the bible except for jesus died for me and all i gotta do is believe and get baptised and im goin to heaven. the problem is they fail to read all the fine print in the book just as ppl dont read fine print in contracts. not one single person i know of in america is a real christian, no matter if u say u are or not. i can show the scriptures to prove it cuz i do actually know whats in the book but when u do point it out in the bible they will still ignore it cuz they think they can change gods word to what suits them just as u do everyday yourself. hypocrisy is worse than sinning u know, all the christian hypocrites will be in hell with the atheist if the abrahamic god is the real one out of all the others, that is if there is a god at all anyway.
Do you think the thief on the cross next to Jesus...
Fallowed the commandments, and was Baptized?
No! it was a change of heart! He repented!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96959 Mar 23, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
Ewe. That is NOT what fathers are supposed to be like. Don't listen to that (Sick!) chit!!
That is from YOUR bible!
See, you want to pick and choose from your bible with out reading it or knowing much about the god you worship or the bible you want to teach.
Why not write a new bible and create another new god, you can make jesus English or French instead of a towelhead

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96960 Mar 23, 2013
Who gets to choose what is "moral" and "immoral"?
Our society teaches that it is wrong to harm others. My religion states that it is wrong to violate another person, that is good morals.
A bible that tells men to sell their daughters as sex slaves and to own slaves is not moral
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

#96961 Mar 23, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
well why are u not killin ppl workin on the sabboth or killin the gay ppl? why do u ignore these commandments of the Father? are u so in tune with them that u can just choose which ones u want to use and which ones u can say well jesus done away with those? its either all or none whether u like it or not and if its not all then u my friend are a hypocrit and u shall join us heathens in hell. if u beat me there save me a spot and vice versa.
I don't remember Jesus saying to do these things!
Jesus told a parable of two sons...
One stayed home, and begrugingly did what he was told, the other
went and squandered his life... you know the story!
It's a heart thing!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96962 Mar 23, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Do you think the thief on the cross next to Jesus...
Fallowed the commandments, and was Baptized?
No! it was a change of heart! He repented!
There was no thief and there was no cross.
The new testament was made up in Constantine around the third century CE
Funny how there was no new testament in the middle east
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#96963 Mar 23, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>That is from YOUR bible!
See, you want to pick and choose from your bible with out reading it or knowing much about the god you worship or the bible you want to teach.
Why not write a new bible and create another new god, you can make jesus English or French instead of a towelhead
That's NOT from anything I(!) ascribe to reading out of ANY book I read-except maybe signs and symptoms of the severely psychologically twisted and warped.

Why do you keep insisting I, and others, worship this evil gawd character YOU have perceptionalized? Nope, sorry, there were NO gawds like that (EWE) in my upbringing. And there still isn't. That some wacko stuff dude.

The Bible is a BOOK (did you happen to catch the post that even stated-translated from latin-bible means BOOK) scribed by mostly men inspired to do so. Don't drag the rest of us into that dark age, stone age, under a rock sicko crappola. Noooooo thank you.
Ewe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min ole Joe 7,392
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 36 min John316 155,559
ItsBarbourville on ustream 42 min neo cons cant 2
Girls at Flatlick Dolar General? 1 hr friend 19
McDonald's 1 hr j j j 8
Mindless Democrats 1 hr neo cons cant 3
Ky Momma 1 hr Looking 1
Stealing from child's grave 1 hr Bpd 22
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info