Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,112

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Wrong again Sparky

Winchester, KY

#96989 Mar 23, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Jesus supported owning slaves and beating them, YOU would be one of the jews slaves if they had any power
You cannot help but to lie can ya?
Thanks again!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#96990 Mar 23, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
There's plenty of evidence, you just don't bother to look it up.
Lmfao.
happy

Lexington, KY

#96991 Mar 23, 2013
Yiago wrote:
If you use the Bible as a moral authority how do you decide which stories are teaching good morals and which are not? Obviously this is one of reasons we have so many different churches. Nobody can agree.

If the Bible was a clearly written, unified source of moral authority then we could easily figure out how to behave using the book and we wouldn't argue about it.

Yet what you really find are stories in which God tells his people to kill babies, stories about obeying your masters to the death, lessons on how to treat your slaves, condemnations of homosexuals, witches, and a general disdain for women.

Hidden in all that garbage are a few decent lines about being a good person. Even the beloved sermon on the mount includes language that is not morally sound, as well as a ton of contradictions.

(Iron Chariots Wiki has an excellent smackdown of the sermon on the mount: http://wiki.ironchariots.org/index.php... )

When you have a huge book full of varying ideas and you give them book moral authority you have created a way in which people can be subjugated. Then a charismatic leader will come along and dumb people will flock to him and you end up with with Jonestown, Westboro, or the Berean Baptist Church in Fayetteville, NC:

http://boingboing.net/2012/05/04/pastor-sean-...

Yeah. Its a great idea to give a**holes that that guy a book and call it divine moral authority.
Wow... Lol.. Ok... ALL People think DIFFERENTLY! Hello?!
If I were to ask people to paint the same picture I showed to all of them or color their hair.. they would not get the same results...
WITHOUT God, the Holy Spirit guiding you, the scriptures will not be clear to you. Says exactly that in the Holy Bible. Christians are not perfect. Parking in a garage would not make me a car. Going to church doesn't make people Christian's. if they do not forgive and love and show mercy and grace.. They are still growing themselves or they are wolves in the church. WE WILL NEVER B PERFECT lol but we are forgiven. So there are baby Christian's and mature ones. There is growth in all things. Maturity. Ephesians 4:13 till we all come to the UNITY of the FAITH and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ;14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the TRUTH in LOVE, may GROW UP in ALL things into Him who is the Head -Christ

Eccl 12:11p the words of the wise are like goads, their collected sayings like firmly embedded nails-given by one shepherd. 12 Be warned, my son, of ANYTHING in ADDITION to them.
Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body.
13 now all has been heard; here is the CONCLUSION of the matter: fear God and keep His commandments, for this is the duty of all mankind. 14 For God will bring EVERY deed into judgement, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.
But you may not get this either since you don't know Jesus. But it's pretty plain and simple.
Praise God. I love you Jesus. GOD BLESS YOU ALL I hope your day is AMAZING and filled with HOPE and PEACE!
Pat

Mount Vernon, KY

#96992 Mar 23, 2013
...hey, who made god?
...and don't try that, "god just was!" nonsense!....if that's the case, then the universe was, "just was"
...you religious types have got to realize that your basing your life on fairy tales, and your fools are wasting your life praying to "god" that has a predetermined plan anyhow...LOLOLOLOLOL...your born into dept....LOLOLOL.....what suckers!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#96993 Mar 23, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I thought that we are not under the law but under grace. The old testament laws do not apply, or is it a sin to eat pork and shellfish? HMMM? Picking and choosing from the bible and making things up as you go along just proves that your god is not real and you do not believe that the bible is the word of god.
Leviticus 11
King James Version (KJV)

7 And the swine, though he divide the hoof, and be clovenfooted, yet he cheweth not the cud; he is unclean to you.

8 Of their flesh shall ye not eat, and their carcase shall ye not touch; they are unclean to you.

9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.

10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
happy

Lexington, KY

#96994 Mar 23, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>You cannot help but to lie can ya?
Thanks again!
He's pretty funny. Maybe he's having as much fun as we are. Keep it light and with love, don't show hatred ... To these that hate. They are the ones who NEED LOVE the MOST
happy

Lexington, KY

#96995 Mar 23, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>That was NOT what that verse was saying! He knows that!
Did I say anything about God NOT being God?
No!
He owns EVERYTHING... If He wanted to toss the whole mess in the
trash can... so be it!
The Fact that does not... proves He cares about His Creation, AND
Wants NOT to destroy it without getting the Repentant out of it first!
Yes God Killed! You remember what the Egyptians did to the Hebrew boys? Then you cry at Him killing the Egyptians first born???
Or cry at Him telling Joshua to wipe out a country?
A country where the set their own children on fir for a made up god???
Abraham had those lands first, God is the Land lord...
He'll place who he wants there!
BIG renovation comming... All the Rot will be removed, and the good made better!
Hope to see you there!
PS I thank Athiests for pointing me towards fox news!
I think chrom your knowledge or unknowl.. Lol of the bible shows... You do get the stories quite messed up ...
Read it some more, it never gets old
happy

Lexington, KY

#96996 Mar 23, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No... He did not write a thing...
He was too busy doing the Fathers work!
He let eye witnesses do it!
BAHAHA u guys are soooo funny! Lol
Lol lol
All of the HOLY BIBLE is the INSPIRED word of GOD... Hello hello hello
GOD USES PEOPLE! Wow. Imagine it... God uses his people. We are His hands and feet. Really really cool. I can do Gods work if He equips me... Which He will if He has asked me to do something. Notice I said ASKED!? Lol
If I won't do it, He will find a willing soul..He certainly isn't twiddling His thumbs lol... FREE WILL. FREE CHOICE thank you Jesus that I did CHOOSE YOU! Thank you for CALLING on me. Glad my heart answered. GOD BLESS YOU ALL
happy

Lexington, KY

#96997 Mar 23, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>God is JUST!
Have you seen what man can do???
You seen the guy that poured flamibles on that gal in the elevator?
cutting peoples heads off? raping, n killing without remorse?
Do you think they should go free?
No!
Neither should anyone that denies Chist's Salvation!
It's a Gift... Take it!
BEST GIFT EVER! Best decision a person can make
happy

Lexington, KY

#96998 Mar 23, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN!
Nothing I have is worth Him!
You are soooo funny! BAHAHAHA one day if your mind is not changed you will be sorry you spoke those words.. I pray it's changed. GOD BLESS YOU HONEY
happy

Lexington, KY

#96999 Mar 23, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>AMEN!
Nothing I have is worth Him!
And u r right... Nothing you have is worth Him :-)
happy

Lexington, KY

#97000 Mar 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
Satan wasn't created by God.
How can somebody profess to being a Christian when they do't even know what's in the Bible?

happy wrote, "<quoted text>
BUT u do NOT SEE THE WIND!
Hello?? Do YOU TALK to imaginary people? Lol"

You see the wind when it carries dust, fog and smoke.
Tornadoes are not invisible, and because people DARED defy the church to learn, we also know they are not the fingers of God.
BAHAHAHA. BAHAHAHA HONEY U DO NOT SEE THE WIND. who is the Znutty One here ! Omgosh. BAHSHAHA
ROFL ROFL ROFL THISE ARE the RESULTS the WIND makes rofl rofl. U r so FUNNNNNNY FUNNNY and DELUSIONSAL. WOW WOW. LOVE LOVE YOU..
ROFL
happy

Lexington, KY

#97001 Mar 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
How can somebody profess to being a Christian when they do't even know what's in the Bible?

Tornadoes are not invisible, and because people DARED defy the church to learn, we also know they are not the fingers of God.
OMG. I still can't BELIEVE you TRIED that one! BAHAHAHA. U CANNOT SEE THE WIND. Maybe your IMAGINARY FRIEND told u that you could! Remember you started the IMginary friend scenario. Lol
happy

Lexington, KY

#97002 Mar 23, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:

And satan most certainly was CREATED BY GOD... Might be fun to hear how you THINK satan got here. Pretty entertaining I bet
happy

Lexington, KY

#97003 Mar 23, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>There was no thief and there was no cross.
The new testament was made up in Constantine around the third century CE
Funny how there was no new testament in the middle east
BLA BLA BLA. U r a trip. Lol. Soooo funny. There most certainly was a CROSS...it was torture for our Jesus. Don't ever forget the BLOOD...
Thank YOU JESUS for the BLOOD YOU SHED FOR ME

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#97004 Mar 23, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Have you even read PAST those Books?
Try it... You might just UNDERSTAND!
Hope you do!
Past those books? You mean like reading about King Hammurabi and his code of laws - where "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" probably came from in the first place? Or do you mean that if I snort enough meth I'll be able to read between the lines? I might've burned a brain cell or two in the '70's, but I didn't do those lines.
Have a cookie.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97005 Mar 23, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>No... He did not write a thing...
He was too busy doing the Fathers work!
He let eye witnesses do it!
Eye witnesses like Saul and John of Patmos? You know the chronology of the writings and the compilations of the Councils of Constantine were waaay past the time of eye witness accounts. Do you think there was a stenographer at the Sermon of the Mount?
Don't be obtuse.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97006 Mar 23, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
And satan most certainly was CREATED BY GOD... Might be fun to hear how you THINK satan got here. Pretty entertaining I bet
Look lady, I understand you think you are high on life, but you should quit babbling - it just shows how you connect "Hahaha" to "HaHallelujah" and still somehow think you are coHeeHeeHeerent.

Satan was the favorite among the Heavenly Host. There is no reference of God EVER creating that Heavenly Host - but there is reference that the Host existed outside and before Creation. You can't surmise how or when Satan came into existence without speculating on how and when God came into existence. You have a nonsensical allegation.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#97007 Mar 23, 2013
The family unit is under assault from an ever increasing array of forces, with children enduring the brunt of the attack. Parents are now facing almost impossible odds of successfully rearing their children! Yet, God commands parents to “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it”(Prov. 22:6). But how can parents—one alone or two working together—do this? What chance do they have of rearing moral children in today’s immoral world? What should children be taught? How should they be instructed? And can you be sure that what you teach your children will stay with them for life? God’s Word addresses these and many other questions—and the answers are not what you expect!

Proverbs 30

King James Version (KJV)

20 Such is the way of an adulterous woman; she eateth, and wipeth her mouth, and saith, I have done no wickedness.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#97008 Mar 23, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG. I still can't BELIEVE you TRIED that one! BAHAHAHA. U CANNOT SEE THE WIND. Maybe your IMAGINARY FRIEND told u that you could! Remember you started the IMginary friend scenario. Lol
Gawd. A basic science dropout.
Nitrogen, oxygen, argon, CO2 - the gasses that make up air are transparent, but you can still detect light refracting through thermoclines with your naked eye. Watch the tops of cars on a hot day and you can see how a breeze affects the heat shimmer. You are directly watching the wind. Alongside that, the atmosphere is not ONLY made of those transparent gasses. The atmosphere also contains vast amounts of water vapor - of which condensate droplets and crystals form what we see as fog and clouds.

No, I didn't start any "imaginary friend" scenario. Go back and review the posts. Is it typical for you to bear false witness?
Why is it that I CONSTANTLY have to tell Christians to mind the 9th commandment?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cody Carnes 1 hr molly 4
terry smith from the creek 1 hr molly 8
jason hughes 4 hr stranger 2
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 6 hr kim 186
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 11 hr friend 16
dinky phipps 12 hr Comment 14
Porsche mills 12 hr Well.... 27
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web