Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,467

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96799 Mar 21, 2013
there are alot more than 10 laws god gives u in the old testament....go open your bible sometime and u might see them. if u wanna act like they arent in there cuz u wanna live a life of sin u just do that. u are gonna regret it in the end when u see i am right and u are wrong. a little of the same tactics u all use here, if u dont u will go to hell...lol and since u mention exodus 20, just scan on over to verse 13 and then tell me what it says u are to do in it...in fact just read all the way thru chapter 20-23 and take note of how many times god himself tells us to put someone to death (kill). its bad that u quote your book and chapter and the very verse that says to kill is in the same chapter as the verse that says that shall not kill....cant u see the stupidity of it all yet?
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96800 Mar 21, 2013
oh yea, read deuteronomy and leviticus as well cuz they have some nice things about killing as well. ill be waiting for u to spin some BS out of it on how we dont live by those old laws even tho u yourself say we do by quoting exodus. make up your mind, are we in the old law or the new cuz one way or the other u cant have the good out of the old and leave the bad out if the good still counts for anything.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96801 Mar 21, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 13:29
kingdom of god does not equal heaven just as being saved does not equal heaven. the fact is only 144,000 jews are goin to heaven and unless u are a jew then u are not allowed in to that elite club formed by your racist god. do u really not know anything about the scriptures?
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Grayson, KY

#96803 Mar 21, 2013
Has ANYONE read the full story of this discussion & not just the TITLE? Well I hadn't! Just did! I'm ashamed of myself for joining a discussion I didn't know the FULL extent of! This Topic has become a trash slinging, rude, disrespectful, name calling discussion! The full story behind this discussion is offering an Elective Course of Bible Study to High School students in KY Public Schools! The State is not trying to ENFORCE Christianity or the Bible on ANY child! The Topic IS NOT who is Right or Wrong, just giving the STUDENTS the right to CHOOSE for themselves. I personally, see nothing wrong with giving the students the RIGHT to make their OWN CHOICE! That's why it is called an Elective Course, not FORCED. I see only one good thing with my participation in this discussion, I got to SHARE MY GODLY Morals & Values with you. So, I respectfully thank you for listening & responding to my comments & I now bow out graciously. And for those who may doubt my CHRISTIANITY, yes, I strive daily to be more Christ like!, and IF I DO FALL, I do repent & ask forgiveness & MY GOD is Just to FORGIVE! May God Bless ALL & Shine His Face Upon You!!!
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96804 Mar 22, 2013
guess u dont have the verse for me so u got to run now. ill just tell u real quick tho, it is not possible for anyone that isnt a jew to get to heaven then its like a lottery if u are a jew. im sorry u got to go but best of wishes to u and yours, i dont try to make enemies here, just try to show u things u prob dont know cuz no smart preacher would ever point this out to u cuz it would cut in to his profits. but if u have questions or can find an answer to any i have asked on this forum just drop a line here cuz unlike one side of this conversation, the side im talkin for does give real answers that arent twisted, require special circumstances or require anyone to accept something as truth when in reality it just is absurd. i do encourage u to atleast question your preacher on things, like when he says we will be in heaven ask him to show u the scripture cuz i will bet u he cant either. so if your church preaches u will go to heaven u should at the least look for a new church that does teach what the bible actually says instead of one that just boosts your feel good emotions so that u feel even better givin that money to them at the end of service. nothing is worse than reading plain black and white then havin someone say, well it says that but let me tell u what it really means....lol...if u can read then u dont need someone else to explain what something means to u, read it and if u dont know a word look it up and then u will have what it means. it cant say do not kill then turn around say kill this and this and this and then turn around again and say if u kill u will go to hell but if u dont follow my laws u go to hell. the bible is one of those special books that gives power to anyone for anything they want to use it for. thats why every thing u could imagine that is horrible prob has a loop hole for it in the bible. the translators werent stupid, they made a book that has given them power and wealth for centuries while the ppl that want it to be true suffer and go hungry becuz they wrote that the righteous will suffer and get crucifed and all that so it keep us poor from gathering force and tellin the rich its time for a change and if u dont want it to change we will just kill u and change it ourselves becuz if we kill we go to hell unless ofcourse it is gays, or mean kids, or ppl that work on the sabboth, or everyone of the enemy, including kids, except the virgin girls which we get to keep for ourselves to toy with, or anyone in general as long as it dont impose on those few rich and religious ppl that control the world now. maybe when religion dies humans will finally get equal rights and treatment and no one will have billions of dollars in the bank while children starve and die. i just love the christians that are rich that think they have a chance to live forever....how can they explain havin all that money to god and being greedy when they know ppl are starving everyday. they are def moral arent they? biggest oxymoron every, republican christian...lol...it just is not possible
haha

Hyden, KY

#96806 Mar 22, 2013
Has ANYONE read the full story of this discussion & not just the TITLE? Well I hadn't! Just did! I'm ashamed of myself for joining a discussion I didn't know the FULL extent of! This Topic has become a trash slinging, rude, disrespectful, name calling discussion! The full story behind this discussion is offering an Elective Course of Bible Study to High School students in KY Public Schools! The State is not trying to ENFORCE Christianity or the Bible on ANY child! The Topic IS NOT who is Right or Wrong, just giving the STUDENTS the right to CHOOSE for themselves. I personally, see nothing wrong with giving the students the RIGHT to make their OWN CHOICE! That's why it is called an Elective Course, not FORCED. I see only one good thing with my participation in this discussion, I got to SHARE MY GODLY Morals & Values with you. So, I respectfully thank you for listening & responding to my comments & I now bow out graciously. And for those who may doubt my CHRISTIANITY, yes, I strive daily to be more Christ like!, and IF I DO FALL, I do repent & ask forgiveness & MY GOD is Just to FORGIVE! May God Bless ALL & Shine His Face Upon You!!!
Giving students a right to choose... By offering a class on one religion and not the rest.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96807 Mar 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Do whut?
I didn't speak a word about his beliefs. What are you talking about? Or who are you speaking of?
They clothe their darkness in .50 cent words to make them sound more
intelligent, and right...
on Judgement day, they'll use the right words in vain...
If they can speak at all!
Too late then!
Sman

Lexington, KY

#96808 Mar 22, 2013
what wrote:
guess u dont have the verse for me so u got to run now. ill just tell u real quick tho, it is not possible for anyone that isnt a jew to get to heaven then its like a lottery if u are a jew. im sorry u got to go but best of wishes to u and yours, i dont try to make enemies here, just try to show u things u prob dont know cuz no smart preacher would ever point this out to u cuz it would cut in to his profits. but if u have questions or can find an answer to any i have asked on this forum just drop a line here cuz unlike one side of this conversation, the side im talkin for does give real answers that arent twisted, require special circumstances or require anyone to accept something as truth when in reality it just is absurd. i do encourage u to atleast question your preacher on things, like when he says we will be in heaven ask him to show u the scripture cuz i will bet u he cant either. so if your church preaches u will go to heaven u should at the least look for a new church that does teach what the bible actually says instead of one that just boosts your feel good emotions so that u feel even better givin that money to them at the end of service. nothing is worse than reading plain black and white then havin someone say, well it says that but let me tell u what it really means....lol...if u can read then u dont need someone else to explain what something means to u, read it and if u dont know a word look it up and then u will have what it means. it cant say do not kill then turn around say kill this and this and this and then turn around again and say if u kill u will go to hell but if u dont follow my laws u go to hell. the bible is one of those special books that gives power to anyone for anything they want to use it for. thats why every thing u could imagine that is horrible prob has a loop hole for it in the bible. the translators werent stupid, they made a book that has given them power and wealth for centuries while the ppl that want it to be true suffer and go hungry becuz they wrote that the righteous will suffer and get crucifed and all that so it keep us poor from gathering force and tellin the rich its time for a change and if u dont want it to change we will just kill u and change it ourselves becuz if we kill we go to hell unless ofcourse it is gays, or mean kids, or ppl that work on the sabboth, or everyone of the enemy, including kids, except the virgin girls which we get to keep for ourselves to toy with, or anyone in general as long as it dont impose on those few rich and religious ppl that control the world now. maybe when religion dies humans will finally get equal rights and treatment and no one will have billions of dollars in the bank while children starve and die. i just love the christians that are rich that think they have a chance to live forever....how can they explain havin all that money to god and being greedy when they know ppl are starving everyday. they are def moral arent they? biggest oxymoron every, republican christian...lol...it just is not possible
Your wall of text? I didn't read.
Sman

Lexington, KY

#96809 Mar 22, 2013
Walls of text from Jesus phaghats... I don't read that shat!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#96810 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You missed the part about unless some one is violating us. The christian cult has; by pushing their beliefs as if they are the truth, by judging and condemning us with out knowing what we believe, by threats of violence, by murder, by violent physical attacks.
If we turned around and treated you as you have treated us ....... yea well that is what I now do
No!
What you do, is what you do with every post...
You Prove the Bible true!
It's funny that you cannot see that!
Keep up the good work!
happy

Lexington, KY

#96811 Mar 22, 2013
what wrote:
Wow. What? Oh my my.
God I know you RESCUED me and I know You are real. Remembering how you have kept me safe and the miracles you have provided. I KNOW You are real. I can't see how ppl deny You or why. Such peace and joy...amazing LOVE ...Lord may Your will be done.
happy

Lexington, KY

#96812 Mar 22, 2013
AMEN
happy

Lexington, KY

#96813 Mar 22, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>kingdom of god does not equal heaven just as being saved does not equal heaven. the fact is only 144,000 jews are goin to heaven and unless u are a jew then u are not allowed in to that elite club formed by your racist god. do u really not know anything about the scriptures?
WOW! I would re read and study that again 144,000 ... Lots of us left behind :-) if that's the case teehee. NO Way. Sorry
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96814 Mar 22, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
<quoted text>
Repentance is more than simply acknowledging wrongdoings. It is a change of mind and heart. It includes turning away from sin
Amen!
happy

Lexington, KY

#96815 Mar 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>(1) No! we do not "NOT" want you
to go to punishment!
(2) Whether it be Hell, or just outer darkness...
You will suffer knowing you had a chance, and blew it!

Imagine spending an eternity... knowing we were right!
We are! We're telling you... Seek God with all your heart!
You WILL be glad you did!
How is it that "you" interpret scripture the way you do? I sure do t interpret that way and I'm empathetic and sympathetic. If you READ the bible you will have the answers ... People were not killed for no reason. Take your blinders off

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96816 Mar 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Every post he(SP) makes,
he proves
the Bible to be true!
Good, n evil,
Wise, n ignorant,
God, n satan!
Please explain how anything I have posted explains the bible.
Otherwise what you said makes as much sense as saying that the sun shining proves there is no god
happy

Lexington, KY

#96817 Mar 22, 2013
John 3:18. "He who believes In Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed In the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Oh I believe. Thank you for opening my eyes.
I lift this forum up to You Jesus..these lost sheep. I know Your heart hurts over them..may Your will be done.
happy

Lexington, KY

#96818 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>Will you SHOW me the Commandment that tells us to KILL? Is it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10? MY Bible tells me, "Thou Shalt Not Kill".(Exodus, Chapter 20)
Amen.
happy

Lexington, KY

#96819 Mar 22, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>if u havent read it all i reccomend u do. once u are done just drop by and tell us about how it inspired u to not believe it. the problem is most ppl that believe dont even know what they are required to do to get in to heaven but i actually wanted to be a preacher at one time but then i did the worst thing i could possible do....i read the bible. almost instantly became atheist, i did make it almost to the new testament b4 i completely let go of my invisible friend in heaven for a more concrete and factual belief system.
Invisible? Really? I would be trembling denying God. No way I would ever say that. So sad to because He loves and cares about you. I wouldn't trade God for all the Gold and toys.. Big boy/girl toys ;-) EVER... He is better than any material possession (just saying) and people Christians have FUN.. We are not PERFECT.. We are FORGIVEN

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96820 Mar 22, 2013
<quoted text>
Will you SHOW me the Commandment that tells us to KILL?)
3) Murdering Children
Kill Sons of Sinners
Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants.(Isaiah 14:21 NAB)
God Will Kill Children
The glory of Israel will fly away like a bird, for your children will die at birth or perish in the womb or never even be conceived. Even if your children do survive to grow up, I will take them from you. It will be a terrible day when I turn away and leave you alone. I have watched Israel become as beautiful and pleasant as Tyre. But now Israel will bring out her children to be slaughtered." O LORD, what should I request for your people? I will ask for wombs that don't give birth and breasts that give no milk. The LORD says, "All their wickedness began at Gilgal; there I began to hate them. I will drive them from my land because of their evil actions. I will love them no more because all their leaders are rebels. The people of Israel are stricken. Their roots are dried up; they will bear no more fruit. And if they give birth, I will slaughter their beloved children." (Hosea 9:11-16 NLT)
Kill Men, Women, and Children
"Then I heard the LORD say to the other men, "Follow him through the city and kill everyone whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy; have no pity! Kill them all old and young, girls and women and little children. But do not touch anyone with the mark. Begin your task right here at the Temple." So they began by killing the seventy leaders. "Defile the Temple!" the LORD commanded. "Fill its courtyards with the bodies of those you kill! Go!" So they went throughout the city and did as they were told." (Ezekiel 9:5-7 NLT)
God Kills all the First Born of Egypt
And at midnight the LORD killed all the firstborn sons in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn son of Pharaoh, who sat on the throne, to the firstborn son of the captive in the dungeon. Even the firstborn of their livestock were killed. Pharaoh and his officials and all the people of Egypt woke up during the night, and loud wailing was heard throughout the land of Egypt. There was not a single house where someone had not died.(Exodus 12:29-30 NLT)
Kill Old Men and Young Women
"You are my battle-ax and sword," says the LORD. "With you I will shatter nations and destroy many kingdoms. With you I will shatter armies, destroying the horse and rider, the chariot and charioteer. With you I will shatter men and women, old people and children, young men and maidens. With you I will shatter shepherds and flocks, farmers and oxen, captains and rulers. "As you watch, I will repay Babylon and the people of Babylonia for all the wrong they have done to my people in Jerusalem," says the LORD. "Look, O mighty mountain, destroyer of the earth! I am your enemy," says the LORD. "I will raise my fist against you, to roll you down from the heights. When I am finished, you will be nothing but a heap of rubble. You will be desolate forever. You will be completely wiped out," says the LORD.(Jeremiah 51:20-26)

God Will Kill the Children of Sinners
If even then you remain hostile toward me and refuse to obey, I will inflict you with seven more disasters for your sins. I will release wild animals that will kill your children and destroy your cattle, so your numbers will dwindle and your roads will be deserted.(Leviticus 26:21-22 NLT)
More Rape and Baby Killing
Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children.(Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 1 hr Kenitha Ross Warren 7
who will you vote for as jailer 1 hr kiario4 75
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 1 hr kiario4 33
Indictments 2 hr John 23
Allen Messer Dying of Lung Cancer? 3 hr Barbourville Supe... 11
Fall Color in S.E. Kentucky by Q 3 hr Quantummist 1
Sam Watts MUST GO! (Sep '12) 4 hr lol 56
Sheila and Jennifer Brown 13 hr John 3
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 16 hr Curiouswonderer 4
Barbourville Dating