Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
92,501 - 92,520 of 128,588 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me be first, Jews don't believe that Jesus was born yet, but as long as they stick to the laws of the Bible, there's a very Good chance they'll make into heaven. If you're a Christian and you have accepted Jesus into your life, you will be guaranteed into the Gates of Heaven. I don't know about Catholics but certainly if your any other religion and stick to the wrong laws, you won't make it into heaven.
i still dont see the verse that says u will make it to heaven. u cant just say u are goin to go to heaven u know. tell me the verse and then we can talk cuz from what u just said here u dont know that much about it all. if the new testament is real then the jews will not have any chance at all if they are living right becuz just to be saved u have to accept jesus as the savior and the jews do not do that. the bible does not say good deeds get u in to heaven, it says u have to accept jesus first and foremost if u are a believer of the new testament. u could be the best morally sound person to ever live but if u say u dont believe in jesus then guess what, u my friend shall be tortured for eternity, no matter what deeds u did on earth.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read the whole Bible, but looks like you seem to notice everything?
if u havent read it all i reccomend u do. once u are done just drop by and tell us about how it inspired u to not believe it. the problem is most ppl that believe dont even know what they are required to do to get in to heaven but i actually wanted to be a preacher at one time but then i did the worst thing i could possible do....i read the bible. almost instantly became atheist, i did make it almost to the new testament b4 i completely let go of my invisible friend in heaven for a more concrete and factual belief system.
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
well why are u not killin ppl workin on the sabboth or killin the gay ppl? why do u ignore these commandments of the Father? are u so in tune with them that u can just choose which ones u want to use and which ones u can say well jesus done away with those? its either all or none whether u like it or not and if its not all then u my friend are a hypocrit and u shall join us heathens in hell. if u beat me there save me a spot and vice versa.
Will you SHOW me the Commandment that tells us to KILL? Is it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10? MY Bible tells me, "Thou Shalt Not Kill".(Exodus, Chapter 20)
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
i still dont see the verse that says u will make it to heaven. u cant just say u are goin to go to heaven u know. tell me the verse and then we can talk cuz from what u just said here u dont know that much about it all. if the new testament is real then the jews will not have any chance at all if they are living right becuz just to be saved u have to accept jesus as the savior and the jews do not do that. the bible does not say good deeds get u in to heaven, it says u have to accept jesus first and foremost if u are a believer of the new testament. u could be the best morally sound person to ever live but if u say u dont believe in jesus then guess what, u my friend shall be tortured for eternity, no matter what deeds u did on earth.
Luke 13:29
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

there are alot more than 10 laws god gives u in the old testament....go open your bible sometime and u might see them. if u wanna act like they arent in there cuz u wanna live a life of sin u just do that. u are gonna regret it in the end when u see i am right and u are wrong. a little of the same tactics u all use here, if u dont u will go to hell...lol and since u mention exodus 20, just scan on over to verse 13 and then tell me what it says u are to do in it...in fact just read all the way thru chapter 20-23 and take note of how many times god himself tells us to put someone to death (kill). its bad that u quote your book and chapter and the very verse that says to kill is in the same chapter as the verse that says that shall not kill....cant u see the stupidity of it all yet?
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

oh yea, read deuteronomy and leviticus as well cuz they have some nice things about killing as well. ill be waiting for u to spin some BS out of it on how we dont live by those old laws even tho u yourself say we do by quoting exodus. make up your mind, are we in the old law or the new cuz one way or the other u cant have the good out of the old and leave the bad out if the good still counts for anything.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Luke 13:29
kingdom of god does not equal heaven just as being saved does not equal heaven. the fact is only 144,000 jews are goin to heaven and unless u are a jew then u are not allowed in to that elite club formed by your racist god. do u really not know anything about the scriptures?
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2013

Judged:

Has ANYONE read the full story of this discussion & not just the TITLE? Well I hadn't! Just did! I'm ashamed of myself for joining a discussion I didn't know the FULL extent of! This Topic has become a trash slinging, rude, disrespectful, name calling discussion! The full story behind this discussion is offering an Elective Course of Bible Study to High School students in KY Public Schools! The State is not trying to ENFORCE Christianity or the Bible on ANY child! The Topic IS NOT who is Right or Wrong, just giving the STUDENTS the right to CHOOSE for themselves. I personally, see nothing wrong with giving the students the RIGHT to make their OWN CHOICE! That's why it is called an Elective Course, not FORCED. I see only one good thing with my participation in this discussion, I got to SHARE MY GODLY Morals & Values with you. So, I respectfully thank you for listening & responding to my comments & I now bow out graciously. And for those who may doubt my CHRISTIANITY, yes, I strive daily to be more Christ like!, and IF I DO FALL, I do repent & ask forgiveness & MY GOD is Just to FORGIVE! May God Bless ALL & Shine His Face Upon You!!!
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

guess u dont have the verse for me so u got to run now. ill just tell u real quick tho, it is not possible for anyone that isnt a jew to get to heaven then its like a lottery if u are a jew. im sorry u got to go but best of wishes to u and yours, i dont try to make enemies here, just try to show u things u prob dont know cuz no smart preacher would ever point this out to u cuz it would cut in to his profits. but if u have questions or can find an answer to any i have asked on this forum just drop a line here cuz unlike one side of this conversation, the side im talkin for does give real answers that arent twisted, require special circumstances or require anyone to accept something as truth when in reality it just is absurd. i do encourage u to atleast question your preacher on things, like when he says we will be in heaven ask him to show u the scripture cuz i will bet u he cant either. so if your church preaches u will go to heaven u should at the least look for a new church that does teach what the bible actually says instead of one that just boosts your feel good emotions so that u feel even better givin that money to them at the end of service. nothing is worse than reading plain black and white then havin someone say, well it says that but let me tell u what it really means....lol...if u can read then u dont need someone else to explain what something means to u, read it and if u dont know a word look it up and then u will have what it means. it cant say do not kill then turn around say kill this and this and this and then turn around again and say if u kill u will go to hell but if u dont follow my laws u go to hell. the bible is one of those special books that gives power to anyone for anything they want to use it for. thats why every thing u could imagine that is horrible prob has a loop hole for it in the bible. the translators werent stupid, they made a book that has given them power and wealth for centuries while the ppl that want it to be true suffer and go hungry becuz they wrote that the righteous will suffer and get crucifed and all that so it keep us poor from gathering force and tellin the rich its time for a change and if u dont want it to change we will just kill u and change it ourselves becuz if we kill we go to hell unless ofcourse it is gays, or mean kids, or ppl that work on the sabboth, or everyone of the enemy, including kids, except the virgin girls which we get to keep for ourselves to toy with, or anyone in general as long as it dont impose on those few rich and religious ppl that control the world now. maybe when religion dies humans will finally get equal rights and treatment and no one will have billions of dollars in the bank while children starve and die. i just love the christians that are rich that think they have a chance to live forever....how can they explain havin all that money to god and being greedy when they know ppl are starving everyday. they are def moral arent they? biggest oxymoron every, republican christian...lol...it just is not possible
haha

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Has ANYONE read the full story of this discussion & not just the TITLE? Well I hadn't! Just did! I'm ashamed of myself for joining a discussion I didn't know the FULL extent of! This Topic has become a trash slinging, rude, disrespectful, name calling discussion! The full story behind this discussion is offering an Elective Course of Bible Study to High School students in KY Public Schools! The State is not trying to ENFORCE Christianity or the Bible on ANY child! The Topic IS NOT who is Right or Wrong, just giving the STUDENTS the right to CHOOSE for themselves. I personally, see nothing wrong with giving the students the RIGHT to make their OWN CHOICE! That's why it is called an Elective Course, not FORCED. I see only one good thing with my participation in this discussion, I got to SHARE MY GODLY Morals & Values with you. So, I respectfully thank you for listening & responding to my comments & I now bow out graciously. And for those who may doubt my CHRISTIANITY, yes, I strive daily to be more Christ like!, and IF I DO FALL, I do repent & ask forgiveness & MY GOD is Just to FORGIVE! May God Bless ALL & Shine His Face Upon You!!!
Giving students a right to choose... By offering a class on one religion and not the rest.
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Do whut?
I didn't speak a word about his beliefs. What are you talking about? Or who are you speaking of?
They clothe their darkness in .50 cent words to make them sound more
intelligent, and right...
on Judgement day, they'll use the right words in vain...
If they can speak at all!
Too late then!
Sman

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

what wrote:
guess u dont have the verse for me so u got to run now. ill just tell u real quick tho, it is not possible for anyone that isnt a jew to get to heaven then its like a lottery if u are a jew. im sorry u got to go but best of wishes to u and yours, i dont try to make enemies here, just try to show u things u prob dont know cuz no smart preacher would ever point this out to u cuz it would cut in to his profits. but if u have questions or can find an answer to any i have asked on this forum just drop a line here cuz unlike one side of this conversation, the side im talkin for does give real answers that arent twisted, require special circumstances or require anyone to accept something as truth when in reality it just is absurd. i do encourage u to atleast question your preacher on things, like when he says we will be in heaven ask him to show u the scripture cuz i will bet u he cant either. so if your church preaches u will go to heaven u should at the least look for a new church that does teach what the bible actually says instead of one that just boosts your feel good emotions so that u feel even better givin that money to them at the end of service. nothing is worse than reading plain black and white then havin someone say, well it says that but let me tell u what it really means....lol...if u can read then u dont need someone else to explain what something means to u, read it and if u dont know a word look it up and then u will have what it means. it cant say do not kill then turn around say kill this and this and this and then turn around again and say if u kill u will go to hell but if u dont follow my laws u go to hell. the bible is one of those special books that gives power to anyone for anything they want to use it for. thats why every thing u could imagine that is horrible prob has a loop hole for it in the bible. the translators werent stupid, they made a book that has given them power and wealth for centuries while the ppl that want it to be true suffer and go hungry becuz they wrote that the righteous will suffer and get crucifed and all that so it keep us poor from gathering force and tellin the rich its time for a change and if u dont want it to change we will just kill u and change it ourselves becuz if we kill we go to hell unless ofcourse it is gays, or mean kids, or ppl that work on the sabboth, or everyone of the enemy, including kids, except the virgin girls which we get to keep for ourselves to toy with, or anyone in general as long as it dont impose on those few rich and religious ppl that control the world now. maybe when religion dies humans will finally get equal rights and treatment and no one will have billions of dollars in the bank while children starve and die. i just love the christians that are rich that think they have a chance to live forever....how can they explain havin all that money to god and being greedy when they know ppl are starving everyday. they are def moral arent they? biggest oxymoron every, republican christian...lol...it just is not possible
Your wall of text? I didn't read.
Sman

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Walls of text from Jesus phaghats... I don't read that shat!
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You missed the part about unless some one is violating us. The christian cult has; by pushing their beliefs as if they are the truth, by judging and condemning us with out knowing what we believe, by threats of violence, by murder, by violent physical attacks.
If we turned around and treated you as you have treated us ....... yea well that is what I now do
No!
What you do, is what you do with every post...
You Prove the Bible true!
It's funny that you cannot see that!
Keep up the good work!
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
Wow. What? Oh my my.
God I know you RESCUED me and I know You are real. Remembering how you have kept me safe and the miracles you have provided. I KNOW You are real. I can't see how ppl deny You or why. Such peace and joy...amazing LOVE ...Lord may Your will be done.
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

AMEN
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>kingdom of god does not equal heaven just as being saved does not equal heaven. the fact is only 144,000 jews are goin to heaven and unless u are a jew then u are not allowed in to that elite club formed by your racist god. do u really not know anything about the scriptures?
WOW! I would re read and study that again 144,000 ... Lots of us left behind :-) if that's the case teehee. NO Way. Sorry
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Leaving the Light On wrote:
<quoted text>
Repentance is more than simply acknowledging wrongdoings. It is a change of mind and heart. It includes turning away from sin
Amen!
happy

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>(1) No! we do not "NOT" want you
to go to punishment!
(2) Whether it be Hell, or just outer darkness...
You will suffer knowing you had a chance, and blew it!

Imagine spending an eternity... knowing we were right!
We are! We're telling you... Seek God with all your heart!
You WILL be glad you did!
How is it that "you" interpret scripture the way you do? I sure do t interpret that way and I'm empathetic and sympathetic. If you READ the bible you will have the answers ... People were not killed for no reason. Take your blinders off

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Every post he(SP) makes,
he proves
the Bible to be true!
Good, n evil,
Wise, n ignorant,
God, n satan!
Please explain how anything I have posted explains the bible.
Otherwise what you said makes as much sense as saying that the sun shining proves there is no god

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 17 min gdave950 146,189
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr oscar 16,116
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr terri 26,184
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr sad 81,569
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr shew 1,014
Stivers Center fixes 3 hr City Slicker 26
Maggie Mills is on meth really bad she has sore... 4 hr Georgie 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000