Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,885

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
happy

United States

#96909 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I do not talk to imaginary beings while I am on the toilet. Does this imaginary friend talk back to you?
U really do crack me up tho. Still laughing. Imaginary. Hahahahaha oh geeze

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96910 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
U really do crack me up tho. Still laughing. Imaginary. Hahahahaha oh geeze
Do you see this god that you talk to and hear?
happy

United States

#96911 Mar 22, 2013
1john 3
What marvelous LOVE the FATHER has extended to US! Just look at it-we're called CHILDREN of GOD! That's who we really are. But that's also why the WORLD (that's you) doesn't recognize or take us seriously, because it has no idea WHO HE is OR what He's up to.
(The Message)
happy

United States

#96912 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Do you see this god that you talk to and hear?
WOW! Really? Can YOU SEE the WIND?
happy

United States

#96913 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Do you see this god that you talk to and hear?
Do YOU SEE SATAN? Maybe we should talk about him?!
happy

United States

#96914 Mar 22, 2013
1john3:8
The person who practices sin belongs to the devil, because the devil has been sinning since the beginning. Gods son appeared for this purpose: to destroy the works of the devil.
I like to remind satan of this when he's tempting me. HE LOSES IN THE END! Whoop whoop LOSER

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96915 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do YOU SEE SATAN? Maybe we should talk about him?!
Satan is not a being, it is a title. The word Satan means one who apposes or adversary.
The "devil" has always been a scare tactic and scrape goat for the christian cult.
Satan was invented in England about 1200 CE.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96916 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! Really? Can YOU SEE the WIND?
I feel the wind and see what it does, more than I can say for your powerless god

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96917 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
1john3:8
The person who practices sin belongs to the devil, because the devil has been sinning since the beginning. Gods son appeared for this purpose: to destroy the works of the devil.
I like to remind satan of this when he's tempting me. HE LOSES IN THE END! Whoop whoop LOSER
You can live your life believing in that if you choose. However It is a sign of mental illness and you should seek help.
Dont worry, we are not going to do to your kind what they did to us. No burning alive or hanging for you. We understand that you are weak and have a disease in your brain.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#96918 Mar 22, 2013
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
Then why did that book have the opposite effect on so many of us atheists. I say great, teach the bible, it will show them that you are following a book of smut. Read the bible, we can always use more atheists.
happy

Lexington, KY

#96919 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Satan is not a being, it is a title. The word Satan means one who apposes or adversary.
The "devil" has always been a scare tactic and scrape goat for the christian cult.
Satan was invented in England about 1200 CE.
Disagree. He was created. By God.
happy

Lexington, KY

#96920 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I feel the wind and see what it does, more than I can say for your powerless god
BUT u do NOT SEE THE WIND!
Hello?? Do YOU TALK to imaginary people? Lol

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96921 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not talk to imaginary people.
But you stated that you do and you hear them talk to you. Seek help.
Oh, yes I can see the effect of the wind so I know that the wind is there. Wind is more real than your god
happy

Lexington, KY

#96922 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You can live your life believing in that if you choose. However It is a sign of mental illness and you should seek help.
Dont worry, we are not going to do to your kind what they did to us. No burning alive or hanging for you. We understand that you are weak and have a disease in your brain.
My brain is fine .. I just praise my maker is all. I love Him. Anyone that KNOWS HIM .. Loves Him... There's no way you could not. You are just not willing to go there obviously and hey...it's ok... I'm just praising my God and declaring my truth and what He has done for me. Seems you are the one with all the issues. I'm talking peace and love and TRUTH..that is all... What you speak of is nonsense to me as well because I know nothing of it..?? Does that make me stupid? I don't think so. I know there is evil and good. We are fighting a SPIRITUAL BATTLE not of this world. If we could see into that world it may be kinda creepy..who knows.. I know what I have seen and dealt with ... You have no idea... Obviously... I in NO way could ever deny MY FATHER! U r the ones missing out. Unfortunate, God still loves you... Black and white... You don't want it... YOUR CHOICE for sure. It won't change His mind U COULD NEVER DO anything any differently to make Him LOVE YOU more than He does right now! He loves you UNCONDITIONALLY! Do u know what that WORD means?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#96923 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree. He was created. By God.
So where's the evidence that your particular god is real?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#96924 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're the one with an imaginary friend you call god.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96925 Mar 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did that book have the opposite effect on so many of us atheists. I say great, teach the bible, it will show them that you are following a book of smut. Read the bible, we can always use more atheists.
Book of smut? Is that why so many baptist rape children?
Yes, reading the bible is the best cure for the delusion of the christian cult.
I learned that it is bull by reading it

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#96926 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Book of smut? Is that why so many baptist rape children?
Yes, reading the bible is the best cure for the delusion of the christian cult.
I learned that it is bull by reading it
It's interesting how most of the atheists in the US are deconverts for the exact same reason.
happy

Lexington, KY

#96927 Mar 22, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>So where's the evidence that your particular god is real?
Well it's pretty obvious. You don't have to look far. You are a beautiful creation.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96928 Mar 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>*"Where does the Bible forbid "another Gospel of Jesus"?
Galations
1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ, to another gospel: 1:7 Which is not another; but there are some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 1:9 As we said before, so I say now again, If any [man] preacheth any other gospel to you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians
11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].

*"What laws and dates?"
I cannot remember the exact quote, and my Libronix Digital Library System
tends to return either too many verses, or not enough... LOL
Read the Catholic version of the 10 Commandments
http://atheism.about.com/od/tencommandments/a...
Notice the Catholics removed #2, and split #10...
plus they changed the Sabbath from Sat, to Sun.
Ask yourself this...
Did Jesus not do it all on the Cross?
What more do you need than what was written (John 3:16-19)?
Rejoyce IN Jesus Christ... Not Joseph Smith (a crooked man)!

My Dad (a mormon) seen the Light, repented, and was saved,
and born again!
He's in Heaven now... Amen!
May God Bless you with eyes to see!
The BOM is another testament that Jesus is the Christ. Not another "gospel" of Jesus.
We believe the warnings in the scriptures you quoted to be the fulfillment of Christ's prophesy that the church would fall away. And that there would be a restitution of all things. We believe our Church to be a restoration of the Gospel that Jesus taught and the structure therein.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 2 hr gator 15
Jason woolum (Jul '11) 5 hr buster hyman 13
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 6 hr Mee 3
terry smith from the creek 7 hr Curious 3
poachers on davis bend (Nov '10) 7 hr take my word 19
Need food badly 7 hr koko 53
Court Dockets 10 hr Jackie 3
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 10 hr Get a life 8
Porsche mills Fri Well.... 24
To the Garland family Thu Well.... 3