Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,141

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96824 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Invisible? Really? I would be trembling denying God. No way I would ever say that. So sad to because He loves and cares about you. I wouldn't trade God for all the Gold and toys.. Big boy/girl toys ;-) EVER... He is better than any material possession (just saying) and people Christians have FUN.. We are not PERFECT.. We are FORGIVEN
thats teh reason ppl believe it. they are scared taht if they dont they will go to hell. thats why they think they can use pascals wager to change an atheist. sorry but in my case i have absolutely 0 fear of your god....here.....
if the christian god is real may he kill me now, if he dont then he is weaker than me and i am god and when i die jesus, the holy ghost and god will bow to me as i am the most powerful cuz they cant kill me now.....and guess what, im still here to hit enter to send this message....and i say the same thing about any other god u put before me unless there is something more than its true cuz the book says that the book is true....kind of a circular argument there and it has no real evidence at all to back its claims up
happy

Lexington, KY

#96825 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Who did god have to sacrifice jesus to? If god hd to sacrifice jesus to some other god than is not that god more powerful?
God sacrificed His one and only Son for you for me... for humans...people.. His creation....HE'S crazy in Love with You! He would've sent Him(His son) just for You...He died for your sins, for mine.. So we could live eternally with Him... It's true. I'm living proof. Proof is all around us! Thank you Father for saving me. For my RESCUE. never let me forget what You saved me from.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96826 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW! I would re read and study that again 144,000 ... Lots of us left behind :-) if that's the case teehee. NO Way. Sorry
i think u need to read it to start if u dont know it. read revalations and u will see where the 144,000 come from.....the 12 original tribes of israel. no one else will go to heaven and if u would like i will supply u the scriptures for u to read yourself that man will never go to heaven. and since u say we are gonna go to heaven tell me the verse. i dont need it to say be saved or kingdom of god, it has to use heaven in it cuz that is what heaven is. the kingdom of god covers heaven, the new paradise earth and hell all. i cant believe u all are gonna tell me u know something is real when u dont even know what it teaches.....lol
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96827 Mar 22, 2013
Sman wrote:
Walls of text from Jesus phaghats... I don't read that shat!
just as u dont read your bible. its not my fault u are to lazy to even read.....lol and callin me a phaghat, hmmm, real christ like of u there dumb ass. does the bible not teach u to love me, cuz if u dont u arent gonna make it to heaven u know.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#96828 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>YAA, you give yourself away when you post this insanity. You discredit anything you say when you post under so many names trying to fool people in to thinking there are a lot of posters saying the same thing, but you lose it because you are a nut job.
Seek help, take the medication, and stop acting stupid.
Hahaha... what a tard!
Happy I am, but I'm not this poster....
You should seek God, and redemption through
faith in His Son Jesus...
You'll not need medication, but you will
be on here proclaiming the truth... as we do!
God's real!
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96829 Mar 22, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
God sacrificed His one and only Son for you for me... for humans...people.. His creation....HE'S crazy in Love with You! He would've sent Him(His son) just for You...He died for your sins, for mine.. So we could live eternally with Him... It's true. I'm living proof. Proof is all around us! Thank you Father for saving me. For my RESCUE. never let me forget what You saved me from.
he could have just forgive us instead of having to murder something....just goes to show his true nature....evil.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#96830 Mar 22, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
My comment was an attempt to make fun of how Christians claim Jesus did away with the old covenant. The fact that God ever thought any of those laws were OK just shows how warped he really is.
As far as how we got here, hell I don't know. I don't know how my laptop works so does that make it a God? The theory of evolution does sound better than the talking snake theory.
Funny thing is...
That "Talking snake" has never shut up...
Spreads like a virus though...
Rob Bell-Dawkins-Hawking... list goes on!
Did God really say....?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96831 Mar 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I think we need a prophet now more than ever. With all the different interpretations of the same Bible, it is great that there is a man like Moses, or David, that God can speak to, to lead His people.
We do not pray to the prophet. He is just a regular man. His calling in the church is just different than mine. His scope is the entire church. For example, I receive revelation for and in behalf of me, and my family as the patriarch of my home. The bishop of my local ward can receive revelation that is pertinent to our ward and the welfare of its members. The prophet receives revelation that affects the entire church. Understand? He is not to us like a saint is to a catholic.
And as far as the Book of Mormon, read it for yourself to find out if it is the word of God. I welcome other scripture that may come to light one day. Jesus told his apostles as He departed that He had to tend to other sheep not of their fold. I would imagine he travelled to several places to preach His gospel. The BOM is one account of such. I hope more surface.
If you believe we are in the "End times", as I do...
The Book of Joel should be of interest to you!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96832 Mar 22, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
So the verse "all scriptures are inspired by God and" blah, blah blah just means man wrote it? Jeremiah 8:8 says the lying pens of the scribes wrote it down wrong.
I understand why you call yourself blah blah blah now.
You might want to read the rest of the story...
snippits only cloud an issue!
Kind of like NBC editing videos to make the RIGHT
seem wrong!
So true

Morgantown, KY

#96833 Mar 22, 2013
I do feel as though the end is nearer , however I shall not know the hour. So if we make it another hour, or day,, may yours be filled with all your heart seeks.. May you know each day that you mattered.. Great day all ...
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96834 Mar 22, 2013
Yiago wrote:
Here's a question for the believers among us. A sincere question.
I like good stories. I appreciate mythology. I can use a phrase like "That was harder than the Labors of Hercules." and mean it.
Because I don't need Hercules to be *real* to find some meaning in the stories.
Do you feel the need for the god of the Bible to be *real* or can you get meaning out of the Christian tradition while simultaneously understanding that it is mythology, not history?
No!
We do not need God to be real...
Just Glad He is!
Amen!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#96835 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Do unto others as they have done unto you.
And I may have misunderstood some of your post. Not sure if you are stating that the bible should be forced on children or not.
I mainly believe that if we mind our own business instead of others business than we would get along much better
Tisk tisk...
See, you don't even have the Golden rule right!
"Do unto others, as you'd have them do to you!"
I will explain the differences.
"Do unto others as they have done unto you."
That is Revengeful... Vengeance is mine sayeth the Lord!
Say yer on the 405, and the guy behind you accidently bumps
yer car... you get mad, and put it in reverse, and bump him
back! This happens a few times, and you both get out of your
cars, guns drawn, and blazzing...
A wild shot kills a child you say you want to protect...
All because... You did what was done to you...
instead of "FORGIVING" as you should have!
Doing as you'd want someone to do to you...
If yer hungry, need gas for yer car ti get to a
Dr's appointment, or a job interview...
Go find a good church, and you will receive Grace,
and what you are in need of... Not vengeance!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96836 Mar 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
There are several reasons that convences us that we do indeed have the truth! One is we base everything we teach on God's word the Bible. John 8:31,32 17:3 17:17 and 1John 5:19
ARE YOU A GENUINE CHRISTIAN?
It is vital for each person who claims to be a Christian to answer this question positively. Why? Because God’s approval depends thereon. Christianity is not merely a belief or a label, but a way of life. Does your way of life reflect Christ’s example? Does your religious practice match the Biblical quality of the early Christians?
The apostle Paul invites us:“Put yourselves to the proof, to see whether you are holding the Faith. Test yourselves.”(2 Corinthians 13:5, The Twentieth Century New Testament) To this end, we invite you to check the following short list, while looking up the cited scriptures in your own Bible.
1. Do you participate in national or political loyalties that cause divisions among professed Christians?—1 Corinthians 1:10; John 18:36; James 1:27.
2. How do you define Christian love?—1 Corinthians 13:4-8.
3. Do you, in practice, endeavor to show true neighbor love? How?—Matthew 22:39; John 13:34, 35.
4. Are you kind, tenderly compassionate and forgiving toward others?—Ephesians 4:31; Romans 12:10.
5. In your daily life, do you avoid lying, stealing, cheating and the use of obscene and abusive language?—Ephesians 5:3-5; 4:25-31.
6. Are you inclined to think that sexual morality is of minor importance?—Mark 7:20-23.
7. Do you tend to excesses in eating and drinking?—Proverbs 23:20, 21; Ephesians 5:18.
8. Do you try to communicate true Christian faith to others by word and deed?—Romans 10:9, 10; 1 Corinthians 9:16.
At what conclusion do you arrive? Do true Christians really exist today? Do you know of any who earnestly try to live like Christ and at the same time make a real effort to communicate their Christian belief and way of life to their neighbors? Does your own religion in fact teach and practice genuine Christianity? Or is this just an attractive label or impressive signature?
If you do not already know them personally, we suggest you take a closer look at Jehovah’s Witnesses in your vicinity and see if they are conscientiously endeavoring to measure up to the Bible standards considered above. If you do not know where they are located, we will be glad to help you to get in touch with them.—Isaiah 43:10-12; Acts 11:26.
www.jw.org
Still SPAMMING.

I'd say that you have a one track mind, but it's clear that a train derailed on it years ago.
Have you ever read "Crisis of Conscience," KAB?
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96837 Mar 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Which One? There's a bunch.... http://www.allbibles.com/bibleversions.asp
I'm looking to get the Geneva Bible...
Pre KJV, and came over with our founding fathers!
I can read it online, but nothing like holding a
GOOD Book!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96838 Mar 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all I am thoroughly convienced (not by blind faith) that the Bible is indeed the word of God. One is it's eternal harmony.
There are several other reasons that convences me that we(Jehovhh's Witnesses) do indeed have the truth! One is we (me included) base everything we teach on God's word the Bible. John 8:31,32 17:3 17:17 and 1John 5:19
Is that better?
No, not better.
The Bible is the word of the catholic councils. The NWT is the word of Fredrick Franz. The Watchtower is the word of your Governing Board.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#96839 Mar 22, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
he could have just forgive us instead of having to murder something....just goes to show his true nature....evil.
Bingo! There you have it.
If "God" is a "god" then he can do anything.
But he choses to kill instead of forgiving.

Undeniably showing "his" very human origins.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96840 Mar 22, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, Martin just stated that the Catholic Church was wrong and that he knew what should be better. He didn't claim to restore the church to Jesus' standard. Similar to how Roger Williams and John Wesley began their churches. Both had made the comment that they knew the actual church of Christ was no longer existent but they wanted to try to get as close as possible.(Roger founded the Baptist church in America, John founded he Methodist and eventually the Wesleyan church). Roger even said that unless angels from Heaven come down to restore it, it would not be back on earth.
Interestingly, we believe that an angel visited Joseph to guide him to the record. We also believe that the priesthood power was restored by the resurrected apostles of Jesus Christ: Peter, James, and John. They came and laid their hands on Joseph's head to do so. This is a restoration. The others could be called a reformation because there was no intervention from Heavenly visitors.
I'm not near a computer. I'll get back to you on evidence that I have run across on apologetic websites.
"they knew the actual church of Christ was no longer existent"
Really???
What were Christ's words on this subject?
Do you think He lied?
NO!
In the verses I quoted you earlier...
It's the simplicity of the Gospel...
So even "They" could receive it... IF they wanted!
No extra books, magic plates, or whatever... Just Christ!
Amen!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#96841 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>That your evil cult is losing members so it is a joke?
Nothing but mindless sheep and with more people being able to read the less sheep you have.
What makes you think that you are above hundreds of millions of Americans?
"with more people being able to read the less sheep you have"...
Wrong!
I read just fine...
I see the Truth in the Gospel of Christ in the Holy Bible!
Even when it speaks of people like you...
It speaks the Truth!
Thanks again for proving the Bible with your inane posts!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#96842 Mar 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Psalm 137:9
King James Version (KJV)
9 Happy shall he be, that taketh and dasheth thy little ones against the stones.
That is evil!
You might want to read the rest of it...
you are just like NBC, and the liberal media...
Talking about cherry picking!
Thanks again!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96843 Mar 22, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>(1) No! we do not "NOT" want you
to go to punishment!
(2) Whether it be Hell, or just outer darkness...
You will suffer knowing you had a chance, and blew it!
Imagine spending an eternity... knowing we were right!
We are! We're telling you... Seek God with all your heart!
You WILL be glad you did!
You still haven't answered my question. How could a god who is supposedly loving be more cruel than man?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 2 min Darren 9
praying it's all a lie 15 min Darren 2
terry smith from the creek 18 min wondering 10
Barbourville nursing home 33 min Visitor 3
Brett 44 min Fireman 8
teena Marie mills 49 min Darren 3
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 1 hr citizen 225
dinky phipps 11 hr friend 15
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:45 am PST

NFL10:45AM
One Preview: Steelers could ride 'Triplets' to division title
NFL11:45 AM
Injury roundup: A.J. Green misses Bengals practice
NBC Sports12:17 PM
Jurrell Casey won't go to Pro Bowl as an alternate
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"