Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,264

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Mar 13

Pineville, KY

#96782 Mar 21, 2013
Absolutely nothing academic about the Bible. I'm not saying it is completely without value, but teaching it in school? Well, not if it's a public school. Sorry.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96783 Mar 21, 2013
Lazy State Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you believe in Satan and not God? HUH? I don't get that. I mean I worship God and not Satan, but I believe there IS A satan, how could I believe in God and not Satan? Good and Evil. That is what they are. You worship Evil.
Every post he(SP) makes,
he proves
the Bible to be true!
Good, n evil,
Wise, n ignorant,
God, n satan!
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96784 Mar 21, 2013
-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's my experience on why they join. After knocking on a hundred doors they come across a person with no friends, no money, no education and they are nice to them. They offer to come back, offer to be their friends and bring them into their group. They tell them how evil religion is and show all the bad things that religion has done and they offer something different.
They explain Christmas is a pagan holiday, explain the Christmas tree and things like how it is consider sun worship because the days get longer. They show how Hell and the Trinity isn't bible teachings and they they kill them with kindness.
All it is basically religion has done such a shitty job over the years so something new must be right and once they join its hard to leave so instead, idiots like Knows Dick just vomit the same crap out of their mouths because the more who believe it the less stupid they look. That's why he copy/paste crap because he's to stupid to think on his own. He has to much invested to ever admit he's wrong. That's why he won't respond to posts.
u could have figured it out, but its not muich different than the reasons ppl join other churches. its all about the social part of it for most, the actual teachings of the bible dont matter to them as it shows in their actions, or in this case it shows with them not taking the actions the book tells them to take. and nice call on the christmas info, although they wont admit it, christmas was celebrated long before any christ came to be cuz of other gods and different beliefs in the sun. as far as hell and the trinity, hell is mentioned but the trinity is just something made up from certain little sects and the JW's are right by showin that it is all made up but the sad part is they insert their invisible friend in to the slot that the trinity takes in the other congregation. i dont see how anyone can believe in the trinity knowin the bible mentions nothing of a trinity at all, it plainly states 3 seperate entities workin together as one. it doesnt say u have a 3 headed god like the trinity is suggestion.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96785 Mar 21, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Your comment,(to me) is nonsense. The Bible states it is wrong to add to or take away. God gave us all "Free Will". God will NOT make you do what is right, or wrong, He only tells us HIS WILL. We have the right to choose our will or God's. ALL will be judged on Judgement Day & everything we said or did while here on earth will be judged accordingly! This is my understanding & belief, but I also feel if you are going state the Bible, you should search First, then state it correctly!
go and read the bible and then u might be able to understand what im sayin then. i find it funny that the believers hardly ever know anything in the bible except for jesus died for me and all i gotta do is believe and get baptised and im goin to heaven. the problem is they fail to read all the fine print in the book just as ppl dont read fine print in contracts. not one single person i know of in america is a real christian, no matter if u say u are or not. i can show the scriptures to prove it cuz i do actually know whats in the book but when u do point it out in the bible they will still ignore it cuz they think they can change gods word to what suits them just as u do everyday yourself. hypocrisy is worse than sinning u know, all the christian hypocrites will be in hell with the atheist if the abrahamic god is the real one out of all the others, that is if there is a god at all anyway.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96786 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>.
Because Jesus said in the New Testament, "If you love Me, you will keep my Father's Commandments, but the Greatest of ALL commands IS LOVE." Not being under the Old Law means no more "Blood Sacrificing." JESUS was the LAST & ULTIMATE BLOOD SACRIFICE!
well why are u not killin ppl workin on the sabboth or killin the gay ppl? why do u ignore these commandments of the Father? are u so in tune with them that u can just choose which ones u want to use and which ones u can say well jesus done away with those? its either all or none whether u like it or not and if its not all then u my friend are a hypocrit and u shall join us heathens in hell. if u beat me there save me a spot and vice versa.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96787 Mar 21, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Where does the Bible forbid "another Gospel of Jesus"?
What laws and dates?
*"Where does the Bible forbid "another Gospel of Jesus"?
Galations
1:6 I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ, to another gospel: 1:7 Which is not another; but there are some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach any other gospel to you than that which we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 1:9 As we said before, so I say now again, If any [man] preacheth any other gospel to you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.

2 Corinthians
11:3 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 11:4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or [if] ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with [him].

*"What laws and dates?"
I cannot remember the exact quote, and my Libronix Digital Library System
tends to return either too many verses, or not enough... LOL
Read the Catholic version of the 10 Commandments
http://atheism.about.com/od/tencommandments/a...
Notice the Catholics removed #2, and split #10...
plus they changed the Sabbath from Sat, to Sun.
Ask yourself this...
Did Jesus not do it all on the Cross?
What more do you need than what was written (John 3:16-19)?
Rejoyce IN Jesus Christ... Not Joseph Smith (a crooked man)!

My Dad (a mormon) seen the Light, repented, and was saved,
and born again!
He's in Heaven now... Amen!
May God Bless you with eyes to see!
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96788 Mar 21, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>(1) No! we do not "NOT" want you
to go to punishment!
(2) Whether it be Hell, or just outer darkness...
You will suffer knowing you had a chance, and blew it!
Imagine spending an eternity... knowing we were right!
We are! We're telling you... Seek God with all your heart!
You WILL be glad you did!
u tell us your thoughts and we tell u our thoughts...the only difference is your thoughts have no proof other than personal faith but ours on the other hand has plenty of real solid tangible proof. we cant help that u ignore it and wont take the time to really look for truth.

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#96789 Mar 21, 2013
The bible is a great Book. Even if you're not Christian it will teach you life lessons.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96790 Mar 21, 2013
and i challenge any single christian here to tell me the scripture that says u will go to heaven. im not sayin a scripture that says u will be saved becuz saved does not mean heaven no matter how hard u try to make it be. not one single verse in the bible says we can go to heaven but on the flip side there are many that says no man shall ever enter the gates of heaven. so when u find the scripture that says we are gonna go to heaven let me know which one it is cuz id like to read it myself.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#96791 Mar 21, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, something else that some of our founding fathers would be railing against if they were alive today.
Replacing our motto "E Pluribus Unum" with that hogwash in 1956 would have made Jefferson's head explode.
My money has BOTH on it... LOL
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96792 Mar 21, 2013
i get a laugh out of john 3:13 myself. jesus himself said no one has ever ascended in to heaven except he that came from heaven. but i do have a good question about it...i wonder why jesus never knew of enoch or elijah. the OT states that god took them both up to heaven. kinda funny your prophet and the son of god didnt even know what the old testament had already claimed of those 2 guys. honestly, how can u all really believe such stupidity that is written all through the bible? the divine inspiration cant even match its own stories up from one testament to the other. do any of u know what the bible says of false prophets? and dont any of u all see just how false jesus' prophecies have came to be? u all really should ask yourselves some real questions about your beliefs instead of just believing blindly. if u are gullible about one thing u are gullible about any is what ive always heard so u might wanna watch out about what ppl u allow in to your lives b4 u get taken for everything u got.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#96793 Mar 21, 2013
what wrote:
and i challenge any single christian here to tell me the scripture that says u will go to heaven. im not sayin a scripture that says u will be saved becuz saved does not mean heaven no matter how hard u try to make it be. not one single verse in the bible says we can go to heaven but on the flip side there are many that says no man shall ever enter the gates of heaven. so when u find the scripture that says we are gonna go to heaven let me know which one it is cuz id like to read it myself.
Let me be first, Jews don't believe that Jesus was born yet, but as long as they stick to the laws of the Bible, there's a very Good chance they'll make into heaven. If you're a Christian and you have accepted Jesus into your life, you will be guaranteed into the Gates of Heaven. I don't know about Catholics but certainly if your any other religion and stick to the wrong laws, you won't make it into heaven.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#96794 Mar 21, 2013
what wrote:
i get a laugh out of john 3:13 myself. jesus himself said no one has ever ascended in to heaven except he that came from heaven. but i do have a good question about it...i wonder why jesus never knew of enoch or elijah. the OT states that god took them both up to heaven. kinda funny your prophet and the son of god didnt even know what the old testament had already claimed of those 2 guys. honestly, how can u all really believe such stupidity that is written all through the bible? the divine inspiration cant even match its own stories up from one testament to the other. do any of u know what the bible says of false prophets? and dont any of u all see just how false jesus' prophecies have came to be? u all really should ask yourselves some real questions about your beliefs instead of just believing blindly. if u are gullible about one thing u are gullible about any is what ive always heard so u might wanna watch out about what ppl u allow in to your lives b4 u get taken for everything u got.
I haven't read the whole Bible, but looks like you seem to notice everything?
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96795 Mar 21, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me be first, Jews don't believe that Jesus was born yet, but as long as they stick to the laws of the Bible, there's a very Good chance they'll make into heaven. If you're a Christian and you have accepted Jesus into your life, you will be guaranteed into the Gates of Heaven. I don't know about Catholics but certainly if your any other religion and stick to the wrong laws, you won't make it into heaven.
i still dont see the verse that says u will make it to heaven. u cant just say u are goin to go to heaven u know. tell me the verse and then we can talk cuz from what u just said here u dont know that much about it all. if the new testament is real then the jews will not have any chance at all if they are living right becuz just to be saved u have to accept jesus as the savior and the jews do not do that. the bible does not say good deeds get u in to heaven, it says u have to accept jesus first and foremost if u are a believer of the new testament. u could be the best morally sound person to ever live but if u say u dont believe in jesus then guess what, u my friend shall be tortured for eternity, no matter what deeds u did on earth.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96796 Mar 21, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't read the whole Bible, but looks like you seem to notice everything?
if u havent read it all i reccomend u do. once u are done just drop by and tell us about how it inspired u to not believe it. the problem is most ppl that believe dont even know what they are required to do to get in to heaven but i actually wanted to be a preacher at one time but then i did the worst thing i could possible do....i read the bible. almost instantly became atheist, i did make it almost to the new testament b4 i completely let go of my invisible friend in heaven for a more concrete and factual belief system.
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Grayson, KY

#96797 Mar 21, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
well why are u not killin ppl workin on the sabboth or killin the gay ppl? why do u ignore these commandments of the Father? are u so in tune with them that u can just choose which ones u want to use and which ones u can say well jesus done away with those? its either all or none whether u like it or not and if its not all then u my friend are a hypocrit and u shall join us heathens in hell. if u beat me there save me a spot and vice versa.
Will you SHOW me the Commandment that tells us to KILL? Is it 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, or 10? MY Bible tells me, "Thou Shalt Not Kill".(Exodus, Chapter 20)
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Grayson, KY

#96798 Mar 21, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
i still dont see the verse that says u will make it to heaven. u cant just say u are goin to go to heaven u know. tell me the verse and then we can talk cuz from what u just said here u dont know that much about it all. if the new testament is real then the jews will not have any chance at all if they are living right becuz just to be saved u have to accept jesus as the savior and the jews do not do that. the bible does not say good deeds get u in to heaven, it says u have to accept jesus first and foremost if u are a believer of the new testament. u could be the best morally sound person to ever live but if u say u dont believe in jesus then guess what, u my friend shall be tortured for eternity, no matter what deeds u did on earth.
Luke 13:29
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96799 Mar 21, 2013
there are alot more than 10 laws god gives u in the old testament....go open your bible sometime and u might see them. if u wanna act like they arent in there cuz u wanna live a life of sin u just do that. u are gonna regret it in the end when u see i am right and u are wrong. a little of the same tactics u all use here, if u dont u will go to hell...lol and since u mention exodus 20, just scan on over to verse 13 and then tell me what it says u are to do in it...in fact just read all the way thru chapter 20-23 and take note of how many times god himself tells us to put someone to death (kill). its bad that u quote your book and chapter and the very verse that says to kill is in the same chapter as the verse that says that shall not kill....cant u see the stupidity of it all yet?
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96800 Mar 21, 2013
oh yea, read deuteronomy and leviticus as well cuz they have some nice things about killing as well. ill be waiting for u to spin some BS out of it on how we dont live by those old laws even tho u yourself say we do by quoting exodus. make up your mind, are we in the old law or the new cuz one way or the other u cant have the good out of the old and leave the bad out if the good still counts for anything.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#96801 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Luke 13:29
kingdom of god does not equal heaven just as being saved does not equal heaven. the fact is only 144,000 jews are goin to heaven and unless u are a jew then u are not allowed in to that elite club formed by your racist god. do u really not know anything about the scriptures?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Jesus a Zombie? 42 min Mitt Romney 8
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 48 min LoL 8
Rats?? just wondering 1 hr pacman 6
Everybody shits everyday (Jul '09) 2 hr they_r_Evil 12
Barbourville nursing home 5 hr Rita 5
teena Marie mills 7 hr Mark 18
Brittany Spencer (Jan '14) 8 hr ROB 29
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 11 hr Will 53
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 12 hr The real truth 21
Barbourville Dating