Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
92,381 - 92,400 of 128,999 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
When you leave the TRUTH and start to rely on your opinion and reflect a form of insanity or was that before you left the TRUTH?
Being an Apostate and probably disfellowshipped I should not converse with you. What you post is not true but ......
That's not to me, why do you elevate yourself above the man by calling him names like "insane, apostate, disfellowshipped" in this public forum, trying to shame him. You cannot debate without resorting to c/p spaming and name calling. He no longer believes there is a God, no wonder why others leave your opressive cult, it took guts for him to leave and I applaud him. I want him to tell more about your cult so others can decide for themselves.

Do you know that you are the one considered an Apostate to other christians who are debating on this forum? Yet they have treated you with respect dispite your own apostasy you may have chosen.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
?????? Hello? Honey I'm far far from perfect but I am forgiven! PRAISE GOD PRAISE GOD PRAISE GOD and I KNOW what I was RESCUED from and ill continue to PRAISE PRAISE PRAISE MY GOD whoop whoop WHOO hoo. I LOVE YOU JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS JESUS there'd nothing like that name JESUS
YAA, you give yourself away when you post this insanity. You discredit anything you say when you post under so many names trying to fool people in to thinking there are a lot of posters saying the same thing, but you lose it because you are a nut job.
Seek help, take the medication, and stop acting stupid.
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFL, I said I treat people the way they treat me.
Here is a deal, you pray to your god to kill me and I will pray to Satan to let you live in misery and we will see who wins
Why would anyone pray such mean spirited things like that?
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So what god do you worship?
The bible is clear about the god of the jews so what new and improved god do you worship? Since you have created a new god to be what you want then you should know that your god is not real to any one except you
I don't "worship" anything like that. Except positivity maybe. Something alot of people these days don't seem to have enough of.
Anyway, You seem to have created some sort of imaginary something however. Mostly it seems so that you can use it to try and insult people with.

Why would you want to do something like that? That makes you no better than your perceived lump and label box of stereotpyed "Christians" you seem to like to hate on, as if every "Christian" were some sort of bad person.

Why would you assume such a negative perspective of any "group" as a whole?

That would on par with looking at a bushel of apples, and calling them all "bad". Why would any logical, rational, sane person, with even a hint of a brain, assume such nonsense?
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>With the new testament they created a new and improved god that loves them.
They reject the old testament god unless it justifies their hate and blood lust but the new and improved god they created just loves them all
Please do not speak for others, unless requested to, it's rude and disrespectful.
I already stated I find the OT to suffice for learning some history of civilizations over the course of time as we know it. That's about it. And to dwell redundently on the negativity of it, I find almost to be a sort of socio-illogical illness. Why would anyone wish to keep harping, over and over, about such negativity?
Really. Why would anyone want to do that unto themselves even?

Which is why I much prefer the writings of the New Testament. Why stay mired in darkness, when one doesn't have to? It's not psychologically healthy. Enlightenment is by far, a much nicer state of choice to exist in.
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, Christians love to use the "With the Lord a day is like a thousand years" when trying to explain the six creation days. The Old Testament was written thousands of years ago and had crazy laws like marrying your rapist, raping virgins, selling your daughter as a sex slave and all kinds of crazy crap.
To us that was thousands of years ago that God thought that way but to God, that crap was running through his head last weekend.
The biggest unknown variable in the "big bang theory" is the UNKNOWN actual amount of "time" it occurred in.
If many renowned scientists cannot answer the question with any specific amount of certainty, what makes you think that You can???

Big Bang Theory - What About God?
Any discussion of the Big Bang theory would be incomplete without asking the question, what about God? This is because cosmogony (the study of the origin of the universe) is an area where science and theology meet. Creation was a supernatural event. That is, it took place outside of the natural realm. This fact begs the question: is there anything else which exists outside of the natural realm? Specifically, is there a master Architect out there? We know that this universe had a beginning. Was God the "First Cause"?

**We won't attempt to answer that question in this short article. We just ask the question:

Does God Exist?

Footnotes:

Steven W. Hawking, George F.R. Ellis, "The Cosmic Black-Body Radiation and the Existence of Singularities in our Universe," Astrophysical Journal, 152,(1968) pp. 25-36.
Steven W. Hawking, Roger Penrose, "The Singularities of Gravitational Collapse and Cosmology," Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, series A, 314 (1970) pp. 529-548.
Mark Eastman, Chuck Missler, The Creator: Beyond Time and Space,(1996) p. 11.
W. Wayt Gibbs, "Profile: George F. R. Ellis," Scientific American, October 1995, Vol. 273, No.4, p. 55.
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>YAA, you give yourself away when you post this insanity. You discredit anything you say when you post under so many names trying to fool people in to thinking there are a lot of posters saying the same thing, but you lose it because you are a nut job.
Seek help, take the medication, and stop acting stupid.
If it's not harming you, them or anyone else, why does it bother you?
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Than you do not believe in the god of the bible. Basicly you have made up a new god
Nope, not like that- I don't believe in trying to justify anything negative by blaming it on some God.
I believe in common sense, courtesy, respect of others and of self, priorities, self accountability, self responsibility, tolerance, patience, peacefulness, fairness, kindness, thoughtfulness and many other similar qualities.
Meaness, selfishness, spitefulness, rudeness, self-servedness, thoughtlessness, manipulativeness, chicanery, trickery and other such NOT so good stuff, I frown upon.

But that's just me personally. And actually, I'm a perhaps a tad bit agnostic, because I also personally think, if such a "horrendous" God like what you seems to wish for others to think existed-I think it would be slinging some major big hands down daily, eternally, slappping the mortal ignorance out of a whole lot of people!

So, so much for that rather childish "BS".
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Than you do not read the bible of the christians.
Prefer the translated KJV myself. Anyone can read it, there are no requirements to do so.
bart

Payson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

How about exposing the kids to the beliefs and moral
codes of our pre-Christian ancestors? Try searching
Odinism, or the Havamal.

Today's churches preach diversity crackpotism.
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
My comment was an attempt to make fun of how Christians claim Jesus did away with the old covenant. The fact that God ever thought any of those laws were OK just shows how warped he really is.
As far as how we got here, hell I don't know. I don't know how my laptop works so does that make it a God? The theory of evolution does sound better than the talking snake theory.
The FACT is, the Bible is a book, written and translated by the human hands of MANY, that felt inspired to do so.

The only tangible thing it "proves" about anything realistically, like any other history/philosaphical type book that has been written, is what can be gleaned from it, about life and cultures, of thousands of years ago, and what people may have experienced in some instances, to varying degrees, and the sharing of those same experiences in what they felt, learned or thought.

Wouldn't have any idea on your laptop though, some people do worship such material type things, while others, do not.

They're not Quite as amazing once anyone gets a little idea of how they actually work though :-). What can be amazing, is what can be done with them, both good and bad.
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

bart wrote:
How about exposing the kids to the beliefs and moral
codes of our pre-Christian ancestors? Try searching
Odinism, or the Havamal.
Today's churches preach diversity crackpotism.
Wish they'd put common sense back in the pulpits and classrooms!

American Heritage Dictionary:
common sense

n.
Sound judgment not based on specialized knowledge; native good judgment.

[Translation of Latin s&#275;nsus comm&#363;nis, common feelings of humanity.]

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>God does speak to those that will listen but certainly another prophet aside from our loving living Heavenly Father is not needed just like it does no good to pray to saints and Mary. Hello. Only God our creator. Not "another" book. Just saying. My debate is not with you although I pray you discover the WHOLE TRUTH and not another mans truth who felt he needed to write his own words of God..?? In Jesus name
I'm concerned over these people's souks and nothing else. We plant seed. Someone else will water. God does the rest. Have a good day sir
Actually I think we need a prophet now more than ever. With all the different interpretations of the same Bible, it is great that there is a man like Moses, or David, that God can speak to, to lead His people.
We do not pray to the prophet. He is just a regular man. His calling in the church is just different than mine. His scope is the entire church. For example, I receive revelation for and in behalf of me, and my family as the patriarch of my home. The bishop of my local ward can receive revelation that is pertinent to our ward and the welfare of its members. The prophet receives revelation that affects the entire church. Understand? He is not to us like a saint is to a catholic.

And as far as the Book of Mormon, read it for yourself to find out if it is the word of God. I welcome other scripture that may come to light one day. Jesus told his apostles as He departed that He had to tend to other sheep not of their fold. I would imagine he travelled to several places to preach His gospel. The BOM is one account of such. I hope more surface.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>fine, you're a "mainstream" Mormon. Feel better?
I feel great, thanks

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>I was speaking of Lazy State Worker's condemnation of Satanic Priest when they clearly indicated that they don't even know what his beliefs are.
I was wondering why you mentioned me

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Judged:

Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
Please do not speak for others, unless requested to, it's rude and disrespectful.
I already stated I find the OT to suffice for learning some history of civilizations over the course of time as we know it. That's about it. And to dwell redundently on the negativity of it, I find almost to be a sort of socio-illogical illness. Why would anyone wish to keep harping, over and over, about such negativity?
Really. Why would anyone want to do that unto themselves even?
Which is why I much prefer the writings of the New Testament. Why stay mired in darkness, when one doesn't have to? It's not psychologically healthy. Enlightenment is by far, a much nicer state of choice to exist in.
Right, you like to pick and choose what is pleasing and ignore the hard truth.
Like I said, you created a new god. Which means your god is no more real than any other God in human history so you have no right to demand that your bible be taught as fact to innocent children

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not like that- I don't believe in trying to justify anything negative by blaming it on some God.
I believe in common sense, courtesy, respect of others and of self, priorities, self accountability, self responsibility, tolerance, patience, peacefulness, fairness, kindness, thoughtfulness and many other similar qualities.
Meaness, selfishness, spitefulness, rudeness, self-servedness, thoughtlessness, manipulativeness, chicanery, trickery and other such NOT so good stuff, I frown upon.
But that's just me personally. And actually, I'm a perhaps a tad bit agnostic, because I also personally think, if such a "horrendous" God like what you seems to wish for others to think existed-I think it would be slinging some major big hands down daily, eternally, slappping the mortal ignorance out of a whole lot of people!
So, so much for that rather childish "BS".
I used to feel like what you said, but too many times I have been run down talked down to, threatened, by the so called moral people.
Too many times have I been conned by them, too many times have I been cheated by church people.
I used to volunteer at a church and just got taken advantage of.
Now I treat people exactly as they treat me with the exeption of threats, I do not make threats I take action. If some one tells me they are going to woop my ass they better be ready to do so because i will be throwing 225 pounds (of muscle) behind my fist
Here is the simple part, dont want me to be mean do not be mean to me, dont want me to run down your cult then do not keep preaching at me after I say I do not believe, dont want me to quote the bible to you than dont tell me I am going to Hell..........

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, this is why we believe it was necessary for the complete gospel of Jesus Christ to be restored. Because so many interpretations from the same book are not representative of a God of order that expects details to be correct. His intent was not for many denominations with partial truths. This was Satan's influence.
Jesus told us that there would be a falling away from the church and a restitution of all things before His return. We simply believe this has taken place.
Do you not think that when Martin Luther's words started the Protestant movement those folks thought they were restoring the Church? Why do you think the LDS is the correct restoration of the church?

Do any of the gaping holes in the Mormon faith not bother you? I've listed several. What about the archeology, which is 100% empty of evidence to support your book?
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Its all good man. A lot of us kids that were born in decided to leave. There is an extremely high suicide rate and drug abuse with those that were born in and then left. I'm not sure why, maybe some still believed and thought God was going to kill them at any momentor maybe they couldn't handle the freedom after years of being told what to do. I think a lot of them had trouble being disowned and losing their friends and family was just to much to handle. Growing up in the cult you weren't allowed to have friends that weren't JWs so when you left you left everything you knew.
I kind of compare it to inmates that were institutionalized and re offend and go back to prison because that's all they knew. Its like Brooks in the Shawshank Redemption, he couldn't handle it and took the easy way out. Excellent movie by the way.
I appreciate you comments on this forum. I never saw the movie shawshank redemption, I will put in on my list of movies to watch .

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2013

Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
... Anyone can read it, there are no requirements to do so.
Obviously

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

81 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 12 min Buck Ofama 16,131
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 35 min Limbertwig 147,044
Knox County = Stupid 39 min my real name 2
Stivers Center fixes 52 min Premo 61
care giver 56 min definitelt 2
sweet candy corn 59 min canner 2
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 1 hr meme 2
john sowders 4 hr stephanie 4
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters