Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
92,281 - 92,300 of 130,451 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny how you never hear that one quoted by the GOP?
GOP gave Christianity a bad name, so God gave the nod for Obama to be elected. I think the GOP was the man of lawlessness the bible speaks of.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Leaving the Light On wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
Yep, that's what I said.
Saracen

Camby, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Lazy State Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that and I don't believe that God teaches that. I believe life is a gift, the earth is a gift, it is not something to mourn. We mourn losing our loved ones because we won't get to see them anymore. I think you can twist the Bible to make it say whatever you want it to say. God is is the trees, the sky, the sunrise, sunset, mountains, oceans, seasons. So don't quote the Bible to me and think that is the proof, it is not. You may not be understanding it correctly, or it may have not been translated correctly by King James.
and sooo...out its I that has it all wrong and not you? Yeah, I don't think so. Need no to reply. Don't need your ignorance on top off all the other heathrens and heretics.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Jeepers religies are so sad. Once more god in a jesus suit said gays will go to heaven, deal with it.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my point. I'm not trying to convince you there is a God. I'm just saying you can't call people less intelligent just because they believe in God.
I've already told you that there is no proof that God exists, nor is there proof that He doesn't. We should all agree with that. Faith does not equal intelligence, just like lack of faith does not equal intelligence.
"You missed my point. I'm not trying to convince you there is a God. I'm just saying you can't call people less intelligent just because they believe in God."

Yes I can....

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
I thought that we are not under the law but under grace. The old testament laws do not apply, or is it a sin to eat pork and shellfish? HMMM? Picking and choosing from the bible and making things up as you go along just proves that your god is not real and you do not believe that the bible is the word of god.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my point. I'm not trying to convince you there is a God. I'm just saying you can't call people less intelligent just because they believe in God.
I've already told you that there is no proof that God exists, nor is there proof that He doesn't. We should all agree with that. Faith does not equal intelligence, just like lack of faith does not equal intelligence.
I didn't miss any point. I did not address whether there is 0, 1 or are a million gods. I implied that people manufacture and accept their most comfortable personifications of their god(s) and the mythological residences/creeds/doctrines etc. for them. I also said that intelligence is not a yardstick for gullibility. It is that silliness which deserves to be mocked.
Keep it real

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

You atheist are so real smart cookies
Huh

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Sorry, I just realized I was being rude. I meant to say "it's like watching little people wrestle."
Are you carrying the DING DONG bell ringing sign?
Do yew have a poker stick tewwww?

Duhmmy.
Huh

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP gave Christianity a bad name, so God gave the nod for Obama to be elected. I think the GOP was the man of lawlessness the bible speaks of.
WTH is the matter with all you quarrelsome, growling, type people? Talk about dysfunctional!!!

New International Version (2011)
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace--as in all the congregations of the Lord's people.
Huh

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

1 Corinthians 14:33

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Lazy State Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you believe in Satan and not God? HUH? I don't get that. I mean I worship God and not Satan, but I believe there IS A satan, how could I believe in God and not Satan? Good and Evil. That is what they are. You worship Evil.
I confess that I don't know diddly about Satanic Priest's religion (?)- if that's even what it is... perhaps it's a philosophy? Obviously you have no idea either, but it doesn't at all hinder you from jumping to black and white conclusions.

What do you think about such behaviors, do whut? Are they indicative of intelligence?
Would you agree with me that it is reflective of an ethnocentric, xenophobic fundamentalist prejudice which is more "un-American" and potentially more harmful than my own disdain for artifice?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hebrews 10

The Just Live by Faith

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev 22:18,19
For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophesy of this book: if anyone adds to these things,God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book. 19) and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophesy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the Holy City, and from the things which are written in this book.
Interesting and ironic. No additions beyond the Christ's gospel? Well, in the first place, there's no record that Jesus wrote ANYTHING. Revelations was written by John of Patmos - a guy who never met Jesus (and neither did Saul) and had no known credentials, but there's his book added to all the rest. Then people rant and rail for it over a hundred other writings that hold the same degree of authority. Nods to Moroni - Sic 'em!.
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Hebrews 10
The Just Live by Faith
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Aint no ones business what others do/worship/eat/sing/talk to/type to/dream about/tinker with/wear or whatEver else anyway, so long as they aren't hurting anyone else.

Just like IGNORANCE is NO EXCUSE for the HYPOCRICY of ANYONE who thinks they're own poopoo stuff stinks any less than anyone elses!

Reading some of these posts over the months, that ol'(reference) "Peyton Place" has Nothing up on on this thread!!

This is civilized 21st century AMERICA, NOT some dark age, stone-age land of barbarians!!!

And SOME people (ie: HATE spreaders-no matter the race,creed, NON-creed or color)need to straighten the hell up, GROW UP and act like it.

Shame on THEM-hate inciters of any kind!
TheDogWarden

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting and ironic. No additions beyond the Christ's gospel? Well, in the first place, there's no record that Jesus wrote ANYTHING. Revelations was written by John of Patmos - a guy who never met Jesus (and neither did Saul) and had no known credentials, but there's his book added to all the rest. Then people rant and rail for it over a hundred other writings that hold the same degree of authority. Nods to Moroni - Sic 'em!.
You gotta leash for that mutt mister? It oughta not let yew run free.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

TheDogWarden wrote:
<quoted text>
You gotta leash for that mutt mister? It oughta not let yew run free.
It not let me run free?
Yeah, that's the point again, isn't it? Ifn someone don't go to YOUR church, he ain't got no REEL relatians with God. Mebee my kind otter be locked up on some kinda island somewers.
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Grayson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
How is pointing out the crazy things Christians do in the name of their God attacking Christians? If I point out the crazy things Obama has done is that me attacking the United States? Yeah the JWs have changed the bible somewhat but they still consider themselves Christians and their bible still contain stories of a Jealous God that kills billions of people.
You say the people that raised me will have to answer for their actions but why should they be punished for doing something they thought their bible told them to do? They didn't raise me that way because they were mean people, they did it because the bible told them to.
I have no problem with a person's personal beliefs as long as it doesn't hurt their children. I have a problem with organized religion because the larger the group, the more they try and enforce their beliefs on others.
I'm sorry you feel this way, but, YOU were the one who said you hated Christians because of the way you were raised by your Christian parents. You agreed with me that JW's changed the original Bible, to write it to their beliefs. I'm not trying to ENFORCE you to believe the way I do, just SHARING my beliefs! My KJV version does tell me though, to take away or add to God's Word is wrong! My Bible tells me to NOT hurt the children. Thank you for your comment & for listening to mine!!
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
It not let me run free?
Yeah, that's the point again, isn't it? Ifn someone don't go to YOUR church, he ain't got no REEL relatians with God. Mebee my kind otter be locked up on some kinda island somewers.
I think peoples relationship with their God, are PERSONAL.

I don't go to church, but I that doesn't mean I don't know the God in my heart!

So there.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I honestly have no idea what you're saying here
I can translate what he said:

"Blah, blah blah. Nanny boo boo. Nanny boo poo."

(It's the standard reply to evidence that hurts Baby Jesus.)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 21 min Curmudgeon 151,027
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Liberal Not Stupid 1,058
Mayor West Sunday Campaining Respect the Sabbath 1 hr yep 15
union 2 hr curious 8
betty mills 2 hr town girl 1
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 4 hr SLY WEST 3,489
hot girl a the funeral home 4 hr justbecause0105 5
Ambulance hit 3 people last night in Knox count... 13 hr Hey 16
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000