Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
92,241 - 92,260 of 130,467 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#96514 Mar 19, 2013
Eskimo:"If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"

Priest: "No, not if you did not know."

Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"
its true

Charleston, WV

#96515 Mar 19, 2013
no i am american and not proud of it the way this country has become. this country is sad anymore

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96516 Mar 19, 2013
its true wrote:
no i am american and not proud of it the way this country has become. this country is sad anymore
Yup. Florida Supreme Court really f'ed us up in 2000, didn't they?

“There is no god.”

USA

#96517 Mar 19, 2013
I am very proud to be american, to say otherwise would be muslimish, lol.
I love america, I also agree with one of our founding fathers.

"This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it."

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96518 Mar 19, 2013
Saracen wrote:
<quoted text> and for fun, let's say the Christians are right and you are wrong....on judgment day your sins will be read out loud and then you will be cast into a lake of fire to burn for all eternity...then you will believe. You will remember these and other conversations you have had denouncing Gods existence.
You will not adapt to the pain. The sering will not ease. The physical gnashing of your skin by those you have manipulated will not result in old skin into new. How scarry. You have learned enough that when the end of the world comes you will recognize and there won't be anything you can do.
Resorting to threats and scare tactics is proof that the god of your cult does not exist

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96519 Mar 19, 2013
Doll wrote:
<quoted text>You will die in your ignorance. Yes, there is a God. You cannot breathe without Him.
I am a Satanic Priest and I breath just fine.
If you really believed your crap than why do you cling to life and get upset when some one dies, shouldn't you rejoice instead?
happy

United States

#96521 Mar 19, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I am a Satanic Priest and I breath just fine.
If you really believed your crap than why do you cling to life and get upset when some one dies, shouldn't you rejoice instead?
You still MISS the person... Lol
Rejoice or not

“There is no god.”

USA

#96522 Mar 19, 2013
"Lighthouses are more helpful then churches."

This quote by a founding father is even more true in this day and age when lighthouses are rarely used.

“There is no god.”

USA

#96523 Mar 19, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Resorting to threats and scare tactics is proof that the god of your cult does not exist
Yep, we non-believers would run amuck without fear of punishment and hope of reward after we die.
its true

Charleston, WV

#96524 Mar 19, 2013
id rahter be in hell than heaven with all the so called rightous sinners
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96526 Mar 19, 2013
Interesting fact of the day-

The new Pope has only one lung.

Bless his heart.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#96527 Mar 19, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
According to both Calvin and Luther your actions don't really mean that much. You basically have no control at all, otherwise you elevate yourself closer to being like God. Rather, you are utterly depraived and utterly in his control.
They do say that your actions can only reflect the grace you may or may not be given but it surely does not influence it.
Also, let's pretend I rape a child. Let's say I'm possessed with this intense lust for children. So I do it. Then, racked with guilt and repentance, I pray and find salvation. Then I fall away and rape again. Then I come back to Christ.
Rinse and repeat.
At what point does Jesus say enough is enough? Based on my understanding of Christianity and what I've been taught in various churches Jesus will NEVER say that. So in theory I could commit the most horrible crimes imaginable and still end up in Heaven.
That is why I reject any argument that religion is a required element of morality. It clearly does not prevent bad behavior. And since I know for a fact you can be moral without religion I have no particular reason to think religion has anything to do with morality at all.
Consider that in my example a repeating child rapist can still end up in heaven, no matter how many lives he shatters. But if he ever rejects God then he ends up in Hell.
That tells me something important about the nature of God: he's kind of an a**hole. Who wants to devote his life to an a**hole?
You show no scriptures to support your suposition only faulty religious beliefs.
You could use a serious Bible study with Jehovah's Witnesses to clear away all the nonsense you THINK the Bible teaches. You would be surprised at what the TRUTH can do for you, John 8:31,32 And so Jesus went on to say to the Jews that had believed him:“If YOU remain in my word, YOU are really my disciples, 32 and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free
wow

Charleston, WV

#96528 Mar 19, 2013
weel now thats hunky dorey.... only in print is the
untruth on religion the scientist have proven evolution is a fcat. when u so call believers wake up u will be in the dark

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96529 Mar 19, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You show no scriptures to support your suposition only faulty religious beliefs.
You could use a serious Bible study with Jehovah's Witnesses to clear away all the nonsense you THINK the Bible teaches. You would be surprised at what the TRUTH can do for you, John 8:31,32 And so Jesus went on to say to the Jews that had believed him:“If YOU remain in my word, YOU are really my disciples, 32 and YOU will know the truth, and the truth will set YOU free
LOL
The thought of a JW clearing anything up is hilarious to me. You're operating under the premise that the Bible is something that could be interpreted correctly to begin with.
What makes you so sure that your magic book is the right answer and all the other magic books out there are wrong?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96530 Mar 19, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth WOULD set you free if you would stop quoting scripture as if it were proof of the veracity of gospel. Your stance is akin to saying a dog is a tree and then puffing out your chest when it says, "Bark!"
wow

Charleston, WV

#96531 Mar 19, 2013
magic being the key word
Saracen

Camby, IN

#96532 Mar 19, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I am a Satanic Priest and I breath just fine.
yes, you are to morn a birth and rejoice in death.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96533 Mar 19, 2013
OK now this is too funny.
In the supermarket a middle aged woman looked at my Baphomet and called 911 to report a devil worshiper. She thought that since I do not go to her church that I should be arrested.
I could not hear what the 911 operator said but the woman said "no, he is just laughing at me"
I was laughing, than I said "BOO" and went about my shopping.

Location hidden

#96534 Mar 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Intelligence and gullibility are neither mutually dependent nor mutually exclusive. However, it is a telling point that those who we now regard as the greatest minds in history are not renowned for sitting in the back of the church - nor in the front of one.
What is a higher power? Only a fool does not recognize that there are powers greater than ourselves. Try to climb Mount Everest solo, complete Einstein's Unified Field Theory, don't pay the IRS, lick a light socket, argue with your mother in law.... Have faith in a higher power? Sure, one can have faith that gravity will not fail, that a vehicle will follow laws of motion, that the Earth will spin and the sun will rise. Have faith in a Higher Power? Seriously? You think that putting an omniscient, omnipotent, para-eternal personality in the straight jacket of a human written book is in any way or possibility convincing?
I contend that in the pursuit of becoming a power greater than ourselves, humans take the easiest and shortest route. Call it theology, mythology, spiritualism, mysticism, whatever - we create Gods in our own image. Perhaps I do not accept the fantasies because I don't believe in circumventing reality to reach a desired conclusion, or maybe it's just because (I'll be the first to admit that) I've never been a good liar.
You missed my point. I'm not trying to convince you there is a God. I'm just saying you can't call people less intelligent just because they believe in God.
I've already told you that there is no proof that God exists, nor is there proof that He doesn't. We should all agree with that. Faith does not equal intelligence, just like lack of faith does not equal intelligence.

Location hidden

#96535 Mar 19, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
According to both Calvin and Luther your actions don't really mean that much. You basically have no control at all, otherwise you elevate yourself closer to being like God. Rather, you are utterly depraived and utterly in his control.
They do say that your actions can only reflect the grace you may or may not be given but it surely does not influence it.
Also, let's pretend I rape a child. Let's say I'm possessed with this intense lust for children. So I do it. Then, racked with guilt and repentance, I pray and find salvation. Then I fall away and rape again. Then I come back to Christ.
Rinse and repeat.
At what point does Jesus say enough is enough? Based on my understanding of Christianity and what I've been taught in various churches Jesus will NEVER say that. So in theory I could commit the most horrible crimes imaginable and still end up in Heaven.
That is why I reject any argument that religion is a required element of morality. It clearly does not prevent bad behavior. And since I know for a fact you can be moral without religion I have no particular reason to think religion has anything to do with morality at all.
Consider that in my example a repeating child rapist can still end up in heaven, no matter how many lives he shatters. But if he ever rejects God then he ends up in Hell.
That tells me something important about the nature of God: he's kind of an a**hole. Who wants to devote his life to an a**hole?
If you repeat the crime, then repentance never happened, as I described before.

I don't subscribe to a religion that believes works are not important. The scriptures say faith without works is dead. Works alone do not provide salvation, but faith without works means there never was really faith.

I hope this helps you understand my stance.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 16 min wtf 151,103
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 22 min use your brain 1,248
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 3 hr Tell it 9
Calvary Christian start date? (Jul '13) 3 hr PARENT 15
hot girl a the funeral home 3 hr justbecuse0105 6
To the people cutting catalytic converters... 4 hr Junk man 10
Fight lee mart 4 hr dkkdk 2
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••