Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,611)

Showing posts 92,201 - 92,220 of128,056
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
(5) "mountain of evidence in support of evolution"
"fossil record"?
Even you should know... yer fossil record just proves
"Something died" Period...
That is the biggest part of your "mountain of evidence",
and it only Proves the Flood that you deny!
So, let me get this straight. You think that the fossil record is just evidence of the biblical flood?
The fossil record that provides evidence of life spanning hundreds of millions of years?
The fossil record that shows, in great detail, generational change in species over vast timelines(millions of years) is less convincing to you than a fairy tale about a guy with a really big boat who saved all the animals?
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
So, let me get this straight. You think that the fossil record is just evidence of the biblical flood?
The fossil record that provides evidence of life spanning hundreds of millions of years?
The fossil record that shows, in great detail, generational change in species over vast timelines(millions of years) is less convincing to you than a fairy tale about a guy with a really big boat who saved all the animals?
All eight local species of the time, pre-camel travel era?

(I bet there wasn't bunches of trash to throw out the windows!)

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
PLEASE let me start by apologizing for the actions of my "so called fellow Christians". I am a Christian & Proud to be so! Let me assure you that the GOD I serve, DOES NOT teach or represent the ways of THOSE you describe! Did you know the Bible says "WOE be unto the Pastors that destroy and scatter the sheep of my pasture! saith The Lord.(Jeremiah 23:1) KJV
I share this with you because I believe you & your family have been lead wrong. Please believe GOD is Love, the SAME yesterday, today, & forever! I'm not pushing my Beliefs on you, just asking you to at least try to see the other side of Christianity you haven't experienced. Please let me ASSURE you that ALL Christians ARE NOT what you HAVE experienced! Thank you in advance for listening to me & MY BELIEFS!
I am aware that there are church people and there are christians. I use the term christian cult to separate them from people who really believe in their god and try to live by their beliefs.
I do not believe in the Jewish version of god nor the christian model from the Jewish version.
Everything is energy, frequency, and vibration.(Tesla)

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what true Christianity stands for. Repentance only happens when one turns from the sin, never repeats it, and takes whatever (if any) actions can be taken to repair the damage caused. Anything less, is hypocrisy.
And if only the christian cult thought this way. The christian cult (not to be confused with christians who believe in their god) likes to pick and choose from the bible to justify themselves, ignoring the parts that do not fit their lifestyle.
In all four gospels jesus stated that not until heaven and earth pass away will the law pass away. It is plain and clear what he was talking about is the jewish laws. Yet people say that they are not under the old testament. Pick and choose.
When it comes to money they will cheat old people (well any one) and than say "that is business" they will lie, and lets not forget killing "for god" (defense contractors do not post earnings, how much profit do you think they made just from Iraq?)
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again... Speaking of what you know nothing about... First I Don't Believe anything... Period....
Second I do not think feathers evolved from scales... I Think based on Evidence that feathers evolved from single hair like growths that evolved to insulate a line of animals that branched off of the early dinosaurs some 230 million years ago.. The General Term Dinosaur is a misnomer in that I think there was as a diverse variation of critters at 230 million years as there was at 500 million or last week... Some were warm blooded, some cold blooded, some had scales, some had fur, some had smooth slimy skin... and WE have only found about 1 in a Million of the varied species that ran amuck... Got wiped out except for a few survivors which evolved into a multitude of species that Got wiped out except for a few survivors which evolved into a multitude of species that Got wiped out except for a few survivors which evolved into a multitude of species that until today ....
Ok Bob...(as in Beckle)
You "Think" that is what happened... Ok!
Ever wonder how he could sit there day after day, and STILL
hold Osama/Liberal lines after hearing, and seeing the truth Everyday?
He is shifting a lil bit I noticed... Even Bill Maher P/O'd
a couple of his liberal friends... LOL
(not that I watch him... it was on Fox) LOL
Notice after this post just how many people
defame "Faux news"... it is funny how the
darkness hates the Light!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Is he lost again?
LOL...
All I know is... we don't have much time to find Him!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

<quoted text>
So, the Catholics, the Hindus, the Mormons, and I'm assuming every other religion, are full of "whackos". But not your special brand of faith. Why is that? Your arrogance is amusing.
From where I'm sitting, you're all equally "whacko".
Is there true Christians in Mormons, and Catholics???
I'm sure there may be a few!
If any of them actually read the Bible...
They'd know that there is parts of it that expressly
forbid their beliefs... ie "another Gospel of Jesus", and
"Changing Laws, and dates"!
As far as ALL of us being "Whacko"...
Remember that when the Weeping, and gnashing of teeth begins!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
All eight local species of the time, pre-camel travel era?
(I bet there wasn't bunches of trash to throw out the windows!)
I honestly have no idea what you're saying here
not on our watch

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

no way will our group allow religion, bible studys or anything closely related to be read, taught or anything in public shools. you bible thumpers should thump in your own homes and get the hell out of others lives. all of us do not need that religion crutch to get thru life
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
I honestly have no idea what you're saying here
Well look it up then, my encyclerpediers majik wanduh looking glass is bwoken, and so is it's frosted in cubark zerconier, spawrkle, spawrkle, glitter, gwitter majikal tweezers.
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>It is more of what they believe. If a group is going to church because they truely believe in their god and try to live by the bible than I have no problem with them (as long as they do not push their beliefs on to me)
There are people like this, just not many here where church is big business (SW FL)
Then why are you here?
If you have no trouble with people living what the Bible teaches...
You do know that Bible tells us to preach the Gospel to all creatures... even you!
Now... You have said no to it... ok, we will miss you!
You have the God given right to choose life, or death...
Move on!
Good day!
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
I was raised a JW and we were not allowed to have friends or hang out with anyone who wasn't a fellow JW. We called anyone who wasn't a JW a Worldly person and as far as marriage, we could not marry outside our faith. As children we were not allowed to go to sleep overs, play after school sports or do anything that would be considered hanging out with worldly people.
They use that to keep their members trapped in because the only friends you have are fellow JWs and if you get shunned, then you lose all the friends you have as well as your family. A weak minded person is not willing to lose those things so they stay in even if they don't believe its the truth.
He was talking about "Christians"!

But the Bible does tell you not to be un-equally yoked!
A leason Solomon learned with his pagon wives...
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
There is much more evidence for the flood, and deposits of fossils in layers than you WANT to believe!
Ask yourself this...
IF Lucy was only 40% complete... why did the artist paint
her with Human feet?
I'll tell you why!
They do not want to believe in God! They (the scientists) told
them how to present her... just like the evilutonary pictures!
Something died... there is no evidence of evilution... NONE!
We were not there... And...
God is real... He saved me!
Now... who should I believe... not man!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>There is much more evidence for the flood, and deposits of fossils in layers than you WANT to believe!
Wrong again, Sparky.
So true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Puttin faith in men, I will not do that one. I love readin you all daily, however I tend not to agree on most. I am so inclined to read you all though.. Great day to each of you, spring is on its way, what more could we want.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Wings wrote:
<quoted text>You need to stop watching so many televangelists. "I am the good shepherd. My sheep know my voice and none other will they follow" Learn the true voice of God. He is not a scammer.
Uh-huh... convenient how that works for you. If a non-Christian points out the scam he is a blasphemer.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

<quoted text>Then why are you here?
If you have no trouble with people living what the Bible teaches...
You do know that Bible tells us to preach the Gospel to all creatures... even you!
Now... You have said no to it... ok, we will miss you!
You have the God given right to choose life, or death...
Move on!
Good day!
Sinse yourngod is not real you do not have the right to force your dilusions on to others.
You should be in a mental institution.
And just whothefu ck are you to tell me to move on?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Is there true Christians in Mormons, and Catholics???
I'm sure there may be a few!
If any of them actually read the Bible...
They'd know that there is parts of it that expressly
forbid their beliefs... ie "another Gospel of Jesus", and
"Changing Laws, and dates"!
All you have is your book of fairy tales vs. their books of fairy tales.
It's akin to Iron Man vs. Batman. Who would win? We'll never know because it's imaginary.
The difference being, of course, that you believe your fairy tales are real.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as ALL of us being "Whacko"...
Remember that when the Weeping, and gnashing of teeth begins!
And here we go again with the threats. Why is your god so cruel? How is it that (most)humans seem to have a greater capacity for forgiveness than your "loving" god?
not on our watch

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

as i said

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>There is much more evidence for the flood, and deposits of fossils in layers than you WANT to believe!
Ask yourself this...
IF Lucy was only 40% complete... why did the artist paint
her with Human feet?
I'll tell you why!
They do not want to believe in God! They (the scientists) told
them how to present her... just like the evilutonary pictures!
Something died... there is no evidence of evilution... NONE!
We were not there... And...
God is real... He saved me!
Now... who should I believe... not man!
Sticking your fingers in your ears, closing your eyes, and repeating your mantras will not change reality. The evidence is there, even though you don't want to understand it. It's there and more is found every year. Unlike your god, it doesn't care whether you believe in it or not, it simply exists...because it's real.
You refusing to understand it does not invalidate it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 92,201 - 92,220 of128,056
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 54 min LMS 144,996
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 59 min LMS 26,177
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr LMS 16,111
Barbourville topix 3 hr Rumors 11
Re. Maggie Milles 4 hr Just Looking 1
Truddy 4 hr Just Looking 3
looking for a mini pot belly pig 5 hr Shy 3
KC Basketball Coach 5 hr Panther Fanz 71
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 5 hr onefoehim 390
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating