Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,570

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96541 Mar 19, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And if only the christian cult thought this way. The christian cult (not to be confused with christians who believe in their god) likes to pick and choose from the bible to justify themselves, ignoring the parts that do not fit their lifestyle.
In all four gospels jesus stated that not until heaven and earth pass away will the law pass away. It is plain and clear what he was talking about is the jewish laws. Yet people say that they are not under the old testament. Pick and choose.
When it comes to money they will cheat old people (well any one) and than say "that is business" they will lie, and lets not forget killing "for god" (defense contractors do not post earnings, how much profit do you think they made just from Iraq?)
The different interpretations of the Bible was the sole reason Joseph Smith had trouble picking which one to attend. The whole story of his first vision centers around this. When he asked which church to join, he was answered "none of them". He was told they had pieces of the truth but that the fulness of the gospel would be restored and would be done through him.

The Law of Moses was fulfilled with the atonement of Jesus Christ. The Law of Moses was not the entire Old Testament however. Also the Jews had their own traditions that they had added and complicated the law, that even Jesus said was unnecessary.

Location hidden

#96542 Mar 19, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Is there true Christians in Mormons, and Catholics???
I'm sure there may be a few!
If any of them actually read the Bible...
They'd know that there is parts of it that expressly
forbid their beliefs... ie "another Gospel of Jesus", and
"Changing Laws, and dates"!
As far as ALL of us being "Whacko"...
Remember that when the Weeping, and gnashing of teeth begins!
Where does the Bible forbid "another Gospel of Jesus"?

What laws and dates?
happy

Versailles, KY

#96543 Mar 19, 2013
Lazy State Worker wrote:
<quoted text>What if instead of teaching about the Christian God they taught about the Muslim God, or Buddah, or whatever? Would you want that? What if they taught only about the Catholic God or the Baptist God? Would you want that? If you send your child to school to learn to read, write, add, etc. you should not have to worry about someone choosing their religion, that is not the responsibility nor the place of the public school. You teach that to your child at home. If you want them to learn in a religous setting then you send them to a private religous school. You don't force your beliefs on other children, what you may think is good and right may not be good and right to others, so keep it out of the school.
"IN GOD WE TRUST" not Buddha etc.... Our God is living ... Not dead...

Location hidden

#96544 Mar 19, 2013
Lazy State Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you believe in Satan and not God? HUH? I don't get that. I mean I worship God and not Satan, but I believe there IS A satan, how could I believe in God and not Satan? Good and Evil. That is what they are. You worship Evil.
Sure, he's an agent of the devil, but don't hold that against him. His duties are largely ceremonial.

Location hidden

#96545 Mar 19, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
"IN GOD WE TRUST" ...
Yeah, something else that some of our founding fathers would be railing against if they were alive today.
Replacing our motto "E Pluribus Unum" with that hogwash in 1956 would have made Jefferson's head explode.
happy

Versailles, KY

#96546 Mar 19, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>Where does the Bible forbid "another Gospel of Jesus"?

What laws and dates?
Rev 22:18,19
For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophesy of this book: if anyone adds to these things,God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book. 19) and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophesy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the Holy City, and from the things which are written in this book.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#96548 Mar 19, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
How will religies feel when they get to their "heaven" and find gay people there. The god in a jesus suit said gay people will go to "heaven" tooooo.
Leviticus 20:13

13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.

Location hidden

#96549 Mar 19, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophesy of this book: if anyone adds to these things,God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book. 19) and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophesy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the Holy City, and from the things which are written in this book.
Well, there you go "Do Whut".
Happy's magic book called "no adsies", therefore your magic book is null and void.

Are you guys going to keep going at it? Because if so, let me go make some popcorn and settle in. I love watching a fundie vs. fundie cage match. It's like watching midgets wrestle.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#96550 Mar 19, 2013
Matthew 24

4 And Jesus answered and said to them:“Take heed that no one deceives you.

Location hidden

#96551 Mar 19, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
<quoted text>
13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
Sorry, but that's clearly referring to a 3-way. Apples and oranges...

Location hidden

#96552 Mar 19, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there you go "Do Whut".
Happy's magic book called "no adsies", therefore your magic book is null and void.
Are you guys going to keep going at it? Because if so, let me go make some popcorn and settle in. I love watching a fundie vs. fundie cage match. It's like watching midgets wrestle.
Sorry, I just realized I was being rude. I meant to say "it's like watching little people wrestle."

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96553 Mar 19, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96554 Mar 19, 2013
Lazy State Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you worship evil? YOu are going to burn in hell.
Please define evil. Is evil sacrificing animals to a god, is evil rejoicing as you kill innocent children? Is evil the mass slaughter of people? Is evil slavery and selling your daughters as sex slaves?
Because all of that is what the god you worship demanded, read your bible before you call me evil.
There is no god and Satan is a word that means adversary or apposed it is a title not a name, there is no being named Satan READ YOU FREAKING BIBLE BEFORE YOU TRY TO PREACH SHIT TO ME!
GWB

Roseville, CA

#96555 Mar 19, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it was talking about the book of revelations, the prophesy of the book itself. That said, the bible is made up of many books that was written by men who claimed to be led by holy spirit.

So now religion has a dilemma ,who is the real "Watchman of God" that can show that they have "the truth of Gods word" without any additions to it.

Today many books have been written by those who claim they have been led by Gods holy spirit. So then, how is one to prove that they are the real watchman of God, even prove God exists.

Many books, many writers of religious books, all claiming to be led by God's holy spirit.

Location hidden

#96556 Mar 19, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!
Isn't it funny how you never hear that one quoted by the GOP?
GWB

Roseville, CA

#96557 Mar 19, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny how you never hear that one quoted by the GOP?
GOP gave Christianity a bad name, so God gave the nod for Obama to be elected. I think the GOP was the man of lawlessness the bible speaks of.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#96558 Mar 19, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, that's what I said.
Saracen

Camby, IN

#96559 Mar 19, 2013
Lazy State Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that and I don't believe that God teaches that. I believe life is a gift, the earth is a gift, it is not something to mourn. We mourn losing our loved ones because we won't get to see them anymore. I think you can twist the Bible to make it say whatever you want it to say. God is is the trees, the sky, the sunrise, sunset, mountains, oceans, seasons. So don't quote the Bible to me and think that is the proof, it is not. You may not be understanding it correctly, or it may have not been translated correctly by King James.
and sooo...out its I that has it all wrong and not you? Yeah, I don't think so. Need no to reply. Don't need your ignorance on top off all the other heathrens and heretics.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#96560 Mar 19, 2013
Jeepers religies are so sad. Once more god in a jesus suit said gays will go to heaven, deal with it.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#96561 Mar 19, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my point. I'm not trying to convince you there is a God. I'm just saying you can't call people less intelligent just because they believe in God.
I've already told you that there is no proof that God exists, nor is there proof that He doesn't. We should all agree with that. Faith does not equal intelligence, just like lack of faith does not equal intelligence.
"You missed my point. I'm not trying to convince you there is a God. I'm just saying you can't call people less intelligent just because they believe in God."

Yes I can....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 14 min beeraholic 49
Jenny Mills 40 min Really 5
kenitha tried 48 min The ex 9
Quantummist real name is Paul Mays 1 hr John 4
Devin Eubanks in Jail 1 hr James 9
info on David Warren (Sep '12) 2 hr anonymous 25
Scarlett Martin (Jun '13) 2 hr Anonymous 2
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville