Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
92,101 - 92,120 of 130,501 Comments Last updated 23 min ago
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC

Grayson, KY

#96370 Mar 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is many religions of Christendom teach that all good peopple go to heaven. That is erronous because the Bible teaches that those who go to heaven are to be rulers with Jesus Rev.5:10
Moses was the “mediator” of the Law covenant made between God and the nation of Israel.(Gal. 3:19, 20) Christ, though, is the “mediator of a new covenant” between Jehovah and spiritual Israel, the “Israel of God” that will serve as kings and priests in heaven with Jesus.(Heb. 8:6; 9:15; 12:24; Gal. 6:16) At a time when God was selecting those to be taken into that new covenant, the apostle Paul wrote that Christ was the “one mediator between God and men.”(1 Tim. 2:5) Reasonably Paul was here using the word “mediator” in the same way he did the other five times, which occurred before the writing of 1 Timothy 2:5, referring to those then being taken into the new covenant for which Christ is “mediator.” So in this strict Biblical sense Jesus is the “mediator” only for anointed Christians.
The new covenant will terminate with the glorification of the remnant who are today in that covenant mediated by Christ. The “great crowd” of “other sheep” that is forming today is not in that new covenant. However, by their associating with the “little flock” of those yet in that covenant they come under benefits that flow from that new covenant. During the millennium Jesus Christ will be their king, high priest and judge.
Matthew 5:5 and Psalm 37:29
ERROR: Christianity DOES NOT teach; "All Good People GO to Heaven". The Bible & Jesus teach us that, NOT ONE will go to Heaven unless u are Born Again thru Confessing your Sins & Accepting Jesus as Your Personal Lord & Savior. As for Jesus being a "MEDIATOR" for ONLY a chosen few,(anointed Christians) Jesus IS the ONE Intercessor for ALL Believers. As for your Scripture quotes:
Matthew 5:5. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.(KJV)
Psalm 37:29. The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein forever.(KJV)
When commenting on Christian Teachings or quoting Scriptures from the Bible, please try to do so accurately. Thank you.:-)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#96371 Mar 18, 2013
Religious people are just plain Goofy....

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#96372 Mar 18, 2013
“Anyone who does not pray to the Lord prays to the devil,”
Leon Bloy

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96373 Mar 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Leon Bloy
The question is who is the Lord and who is the devil. From the actions of jehovah in your bible; ordering the slaughter of men, women, and children, orders you to sing and dance as you kill babies, orders you to sacrifice animals, orders men sell their daughters as sex slaves. Satan gives us free will
So it would be that jehovah is the devil

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96374 Mar 18, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
I have a question for "Satanic Priest". You call yourself a "Priest", is that title of a Religion or Cult? Just wondering!
I am the Priest at Alva Satanic church. We do not demand that our members blindly believe anything, we do not tell them they can only associate with other members like the christians do. That is the difference between us and you (oh we do hate christians)

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96375 Mar 18, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard an interview with the guy who runs the official Church of Satan. It was about 5 or 6 years ago on a podcast called Point of Inquiry. He seemed like a pretty rational guy, very intelligent and likable. He basically said that Satanists were just atheists who liked theatrics. Just remembered that...
Well, I do agree about the LDS probably being no worse than any others. I really don't think Mormons are shocking people. They tend to have a really vanilla culture. But I do think they are a strange, strange study in weirdness. Given that their religion is so new and we can trace it back to a single man we have a much more comprehensive understanding of where this sect came from than we do of some of the more ancient religions, like Judaism.
I know there are probably a lot of LDS spinoff groups too. There was a podcast called Irreligiosophy put on by two former Mormons who are now atheists. They did a TON of episodes dissecting the LDS history and doctrines. Anyway, the main host's family was actually some kind of orthodox or fundamentalist Mormon sect. They rejected the LDS because they had "fallen away" from the original teachings. So they were more Mormon than Mormon, lol.
http://www.irreligiosophy.com/
Here's the Peter H. Gilmore Satanism podcast:
http://www.pointofinquiry.org/peter_h_gilmore...
And this one is interesting:
http://www.pointofinquiry.org/don_webb_devils...
While we are not Laveyist he did say many great things.
My beliefs are simple, there is no god or (christian scare tactic) devil. As humans we hate as well as love, get angry as well as laugh, we all have a dark side as well as a bright side.(god and the devil are a part of us all) but (and here is the important part) We never harm the innocent, we may only kill if it is needed for survival (humans are the only animal that kill for fun) we may not violate the rights of others (unless they are violating us first) and our rights end where your rights begin (unless you are violating us)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#96376 Mar 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>While we are not Laveyist he did say many great things.
My beliefs are simple, there is no god or (christian scare tactic) devil. As humans we hate as well as love, get angry as well as laugh, we all have a dark side as well as a bright side.(god and the devil are a part of us all) but (and here is the important part) We never harm the innocent, we may only kill if it is needed for survival (humans are the only animal that kill for fun) we may not violate the rights of others (unless they are violating us first) and our rights end where your rights begin (unless you are violating us)
Not true on the "Humans are the Only Animals that kill for fun"... Many animals chase, catch and kill other animals just to leave them when they stop flopping around... Mainly Cats and Dogs both wild and domestic... Dolphins have been seen to play with fish for long periods and then kill them and let them fall to the bottom and go find a new one to play with till it's dead...
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#96377 Mar 18, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
and every book they have is the ones they deemed ok and didnt burn. u are so clueless it is not funny anymore. and just cuz the new pope wants a poor church says nothing of the billions and billions they have other than they are gonna act poor now and quit helpin as much i guess. and i see u dodge the 10% thing cuz u were proven wrong on it so i forgive u, i knew u did have the knowledge for this conversation to start. i pointed that out to u in the beginning. but i do atleast try to show u some truths in hopes u will read your bible and see its not so loving and carin like they want u to believe.
Sorry, I already have appointments with isotopes and other actually interesting stuff to read this week. Besides-not so sure I would want to read anything that those "they" people you speak of force you to read.
Who are "they" Maybe YOU should try thinking for yourself?

You can stuff that forgiveness stuff in YOUR ears as well, I don't need any of that either-especially from stinky hypocrites that type like 12 year olds on tweeter, whose only obvious "goal" is to promote their own saopbox of nothing but tripe and swipe ignorants at others.

And PS-Having been raised faithfully in a Catholic church for many years-it was NEVER demanded of anyone to give a specified amount.

Not the first time, EVER.So you must be referencing something else?
Maybe some of tat propoganda of whom ever those "they" people are?

I wouldn't let anyone fool me like that. Cons are everywhere, and often times real easy to see through.
Glad I never met one standing at the pulpit demanding it though!

Do "they" count it as anyone is placing it in collection baskets?

If so, I think I would definetely find a different religion too!!!!
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96378 Mar 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I am the Priest at Alva Satanic church. We do not demand that our members blindly believe anything, we do not tell them they can only associate with other members like the christians do. That is the difference between us and you (oh we do hate christians)
Shame on YOU!

Lump and labelduhm Bigoted hater!
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96379 Mar 18, 2013
I have a question for "Satanic Priest". You call yourself a "Priest", is that title of a Religion or Cult? Just wondering!
Brilliant, interesting, agree :-).

Well SP, what say ye? Is there some reason you don't post as just a regular cult satanist, rather than a priest type one?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96380 Mar 18, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Leon Bloy
"Religous people are just plain goofy"
Quantummist
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96381 Mar 18, 2013
GWB wrote:
Annointed Elder Publicly Reproved
Only the 144,000 can commit a sin against the Holy spirit?
Those who willfully and knowingly blaspheme God’s spirit can never be forgiven. And Paul wrote:“If we practice sin willfully after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left, but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment.”(Heb. 10:26, 27) Such unforgivable sin is evidently what John referred to as “sin that does incur death.”—1 John 5:16.
If an anointed Christian sinned against the spirit, practicing willful sin without repentance and ‘impaling the Son of God afresh,’ God would completely and forever reject him.(Heb. 6:4-6) Not being repentant, he would not be reinstated.
http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/experience...
Lotsa popes!:-)

Good-nature and good-sense must ever join;
To err is human, to forgive, divine.

Behold affronts and indignities which the world thinks it right never to pardon, which the Son of God endures with a Divine meekness! Let us cast at the feet of Jesus that false honor, that quick sense of affronts, which exaggerates every thing, and pardons nothing, and, above all, that devilish determination in resenting injuries.
Queen Elizabeth, p. 252

Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.

Buddha

"Forgiveness is the answer to the child's dream of a miracle by which what is broken is made whole again, what is soiled is again made clean." - Dag Hammarskjold
Alexander Pope, An Essay on Criticism (1709), line 522

Again Jesus said [to the disciples], "Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you." And with that he breathed on them and said, "Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven." (John 20:21-23)

"Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors." (w:Matthew 6:12)

"If ye forgive men their trespasses, your Heavenly Father will also forgive you." (w:Matthew 6:14).
CardinalBirdsEye

Manchester, KY

#96382 Mar 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I am the Priest at Alva Satanic church. We do not demand that our members blindly believe anything, we do not tell them they can only associate with other members like the christians do. That is the difference between us and you (oh we do hate christians)
What's happening dude? Would ya mind if some of muh flock checked out yer flocks weekly meet n greet? Mehbe we'ze could all gets us a burger and some suet in the true spirit of peace atterwords!
CardinalBirdsEye

Manchester, KY

#96383 Mar 18, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
"Religous people are just plain goofy"
Quantummist
From the book of Quantumn zen moments?

(is it unmad yet over not getting a personal invite to the papal pick a pope process?)
CardinalBirdsEye

Manchester, KY

#96384 Mar 18, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
and every book they have is the ones they deemed ok and didnt burn. u are so clueless it is not funny anymore. and just cuz the new pope wants a poor church says nothing of the billions and billions they have other than they are gonna act poor now and quit helpin as much i guess. and i see u dodge the 10% thing cuz u were proven wrong on it so i forgive u, i knew u did have the knowledge for this conversation to start. i pointed that out to u in the beginning. but i do atleast try to show u some truths in hopes u will read your bible and see its not so loving and carin like they want u to believe.
and PS:

As you can see, NOT all of us, take the Bible quite as "literally" as Some would try and MISlead others, to believe!!

Far far from it actually, because in the opinion of others, to read that specific book verbatum, is NO way to read that specific book!!

And just in case-
Definition of VERBATIM
: in the exact words : word for word <quoted the speech verbatim>
haha

Hyden, KY

#96385 Mar 18, 2013
Literal and verbatim are not the same thing. If you do not intend to read a book verbatim, you are just as well off to put it down and make up the content as you go. LOL
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96386 Mar 18, 2013
haha wrote:
Literal and verbatim are not the same thing. If you do not intend to read a book verbatim, you are just as well off to put it down and make up the content as you go. LOL
In some instance, they are QUITE the same, i others they are not.

Just because a book says a building reached to heaven, does NOT mean jack and the beanstalk level literal. "To the sky" could also mean the given inference.

Just because one has a book FULL of many recipes, does NOT mean one would follow each recipe, in sequence, or even in exact suggested ingredients, or measured amounts.

Not in the REAL world anyway.

Not to say that that there aren't some books, having many parts of their words blackened out in whole, even by the paragraphs, might as well then just be put back onto the shelves from which they originated, for then there is nothing more annoying while trying to read, than that which is totally blotted out in censorship!!!!!

Location hidden

#96387 Mar 18, 2013
<quoted text>
ERROR: Christianity DOES NOT teach; "All Good People GO to Heaven". The Bible & Jesus teach us that, NOT ONE will go to Heaven unless u are Born Again thru Confessing your Sins & Accepting Jesus as Your Personal Lord & Savior. As for Jesus being a "MEDIATOR" for ONLY a chosen few,(anointed Christians) Jesus IS the ONE Intercessor for ALL Believers. As for your Scripture quotes:
Matthew 5:5. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.(KJV)
Psalm 37:29. The righteous shall inherit the land, and dwell therein forever.(KJV)
When commenting on Christian Teachings or quoting Scriptures from the Bible, please try to do so accurately. Thank you.:-)
I thought YOU said YOU WeRe FiniShED PosTinG on THIS SiTE BeCAUse of ALL the HatE and STUFF.

Just can't stay away can ya? Yeah, me neither.

Location hidden

#96388 Mar 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>You can not expect people who do not read their own bible yet spout non sense to be able to read and understand scientific writing.(I will admitt that I have not read Darwin, but I do read Jung) They would rather say stupid things and than stick their fingers in their ears and say na na na na na
I know :-( I knew it was a waste of time...but I can't resist.
known truth

United States

#96389 Mar 18, 2013
Build truth for guuidance

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 4 min Gomer 29
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 22 min Fact 1,339
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 33 min Le Jimbo 151,160
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 47 min Brenda 10
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 48 min Girl 40
Kevin Disney Central Elementary School 1 hr Parent 3
New club in Barbourville? 3 hr Tyler 45
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••