Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156562 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96554 Mar 19, 2013
Lazy State Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you worship evil? YOu are going to burn in hell.
Please define evil. Is evil sacrificing animals to a god, is evil rejoicing as you kill innocent children? Is evil the mass slaughter of people? Is evil slavery and selling your daughters as sex slaves?
Because all of that is what the god you worship demanded, read your bible before you call me evil.
There is no god and Satan is a word that means adversary or apposed it is a title not a name, there is no being named Satan READ YOU FREAKING BIBLE BEFORE YOU TRY TO PREACH SHIT TO ME!
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

#96555 Mar 19, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev 22:18,19
For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophesy of this book: if anyone adds to these things,God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book. 19) and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophesy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the Holy City, and from the things which are written in this book.
I think it was talking about the book of revelations, the prophesy of the book itself. That said, the bible is made up of many books that was written by men who claimed to be led by holy spirit.

So now religion has a dilemma ,who is the real "Watchman of God" that can show that they have "the truth of Gods word" without any additions to it.

Today many books have been written by those who claim they have been led by Gods holy spirit. So then, how is one to prove that they are the real watchman of God, even prove God exists.

Many books, many writers of religious books, all claiming to be led by God's holy spirit.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96556 Mar 19, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Matthew 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.
PRACTICE WHAT YOU PREACH!
Isn't it funny how you never hear that one quoted by the GOP?
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

#96557 Mar 19, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny how you never hear that one quoted by the GOP?
GOP gave Christianity a bad name, so God gave the nod for Obama to be elected. I think the GOP was the man of lawlessness the bible speaks of.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#96558 Mar 19, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
Yep, that's what I said.
Saracen

Indianapolis, IN

#96559 Mar 19, 2013
Lazy State Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that and I don't believe that God teaches that. I believe life is a gift, the earth is a gift, it is not something to mourn. We mourn losing our loved ones because we won't get to see them anymore. I think you can twist the Bible to make it say whatever you want it to say. God is is the trees, the sky, the sunrise, sunset, mountains, oceans, seasons. So don't quote the Bible to me and think that is the proof, it is not. You may not be understanding it correctly, or it may have not been translated correctly by King James.
and sooo...out its I that has it all wrong and not you? Yeah, I don't think so. Need no to reply. Don't need your ignorance on top off all the other heathrens and heretics.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#96560 Mar 19, 2013
Jeepers religies are so sad. Once more god in a jesus suit said gays will go to heaven, deal with it.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#96561 Mar 19, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my point. I'm not trying to convince you there is a God. I'm just saying you can't call people less intelligent just because they believe in God.
I've already told you that there is no proof that God exists, nor is there proof that He doesn't. We should all agree with that. Faith does not equal intelligence, just like lack of faith does not equal intelligence.
"You missed my point. I'm not trying to convince you there is a God. I'm just saying you can't call people less intelligent just because they believe in God."

Yes I can....

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96562 Mar 19, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
I thought that we are not under the law but under grace. The old testament laws do not apply, or is it a sin to eat pork and shellfish? HMMM? Picking and choosing from the bible and making things up as you go along just proves that your god is not real and you do not believe that the bible is the word of god.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96563 Mar 19, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You missed my point. I'm not trying to convince you there is a God. I'm just saying you can't call people less intelligent just because they believe in God.
I've already told you that there is no proof that God exists, nor is there proof that He doesn't. We should all agree with that. Faith does not equal intelligence, just like lack of faith does not equal intelligence.
I didn't miss any point. I did not address whether there is 0, 1 or are a million gods. I implied that people manufacture and accept their most comfortable personifications of their god(s) and the mythological residences/creeds/doctrines etc. for them. I also said that intelligence is not a yardstick for gullibility. It is that silliness which deserves to be mocked.
Keep it real

Shelbiana, KY

#96564 Mar 19, 2013
You atheist are so real smart cookies
Huh

Hazard, KY

#96565 Mar 19, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, I just realized I was being rude. I meant to say "it's like watching little people wrestle."
Are you carrying the DING DONG bell ringing sign?
Do yew have a poker stick tewwww?

Duhmmy.
Huh

Hazard, KY

#96566 Mar 19, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
GOP gave Christianity a bad name, so God gave the nod for Obama to be elected. I think the GOP was the man of lawlessness the bible speaks of.
WTH is the matter with all you quarrelsome, growling, type people? Talk about dysfunctional!!!

New International Version (©2011)
For God is not a God of disorder but of peace--as in all the congregations of the Lord's people.
Huh

Hazard, KY

#96567 Mar 19, 2013
1 Corinthians 14:33

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96568 Mar 19, 2013
Lazy State Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
How can you believe in Satan and not God? HUH? I don't get that. I mean I worship God and not Satan, but I believe there IS A satan, how could I believe in God and not Satan? Good and Evil. That is what they are. You worship Evil.
I confess that I don't know diddly about Satanic Priest's religion (?)- if that's even what it is... perhaps it's a philosophy? Obviously you have no idea either, but it doesn't at all hinder you from jumping to black and white conclusions.

What do you think about such behaviors, do whut? Are they indicative of intelligence?
Would you agree with me that it is reflective of an ethnocentric, xenophobic fundamentalist prejudice which is more "un-American" and potentially more harmful than my own disdain for artifice?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#96569 Mar 19, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
<quoted text>
Leviticus 20:13
13 If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.
Hebrews 10

The Just Live by Faith

26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96570 Mar 19, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Rev 22:18,19
For I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophesy of this book: if anyone adds to these things,God will add to him the plagues that are written in this book. 19) and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophesy, God shall take away his part from the Book of Life, from the Holy City, and from the things which are written in this book.
Interesting and ironic. No additions beyond the Christ's gospel? Well, in the first place, there's no record that Jesus wrote ANYTHING. Revelations was written by John of Patmos - a guy who never met Jesus (and neither did Saul) and had no known credentials, but there's his book added to all the rest. Then people rant and rail for it over a hundred other writings that hold the same degree of authority. Nods to Moroni - Sic 'em!.
Blahblahblah

Hazard, KY

#96571 Mar 19, 2013
Leaving the Light On wrote:
<quoted text>
Hebrews 10
The Just Live by Faith
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Aint no ones business what others do/worship/eat/sing/talk to/type to/dream about/tinker with/wear or whatEver else anyway, so long as they aren't hurting anyone else.

Just like IGNORANCE is NO EXCUSE for the HYPOCRICY of ANYONE who thinks they're own poopoo stuff stinks any less than anyone elses!

Reading some of these posts over the months, that ol'(reference) "Peyton Place" has Nothing up on on this thread!!

This is civilized 21st century AMERICA, NOT some dark age, stone-age land of barbarians!!!

And SOME people (ie: HATE spreaders-no matter the race,creed, NON-creed or color)need to straighten the hell up, GROW UP and act like it.

Shame on THEM-hate inciters of any kind!
TheDogWarden

Hazard, KY

#96572 Mar 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting and ironic. No additions beyond the Christ's gospel? Well, in the first place, there's no record that Jesus wrote ANYTHING. Revelations was written by John of Patmos - a guy who never met Jesus (and neither did Saul) and had no known credentials, but there's his book added to all the rest. Then people rant and rail for it over a hundred other writings that hold the same degree of authority. Nods to Moroni - Sic 'em!.
You gotta leash for that mutt mister? It oughta not let yew run free.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#96573 Mar 19, 2013
TheDogWarden wrote:
<quoted text>
You gotta leash for that mutt mister? It oughta not let yew run free.
It not let me run free?
Yeah, that's the point again, isn't it? Ifn someone don't go to YOUR church, he ain't got no REEL relatians with God. Mebee my kind otter be locked up on some kinda island somewers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone remember Jacie Alford 37 min Hey there 2
Amy mills take 35 bath pic in bath tub Instagram 1 hr shame on you 4
Knox Schools 3 hr just heard 30
Hail trump 3 hr minnie 15
Will Pro Wrestling ever make a Comeback? 6 hr The Specialist 1
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 6 hr Make Knox Great A... 171
Poll Who is the Best Looking Brother? (Sep '08) 7 hr Caul 16

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages