Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142492 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#96432 Mar 18, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Scripture in the OT says that God's people would be a peculiar people.
Peculiar is not the term I used... I used the short form of why Mickey left Minnie.....

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#96433 Mar 18, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your reply. Christians are not told to associate ONLY with other Christians. Would you please explain to me what or who influences you to feel or believe the way you do? You have the right to HATE anyone or anything you wish, but, do you think your hate is any different than the hate you accuse Christians of? Hate is Hate no matter how you look at it.
Sure, let me give you some examples. First; I was recently in a class at the public vocational school. The instructer is a baptist and two of the students are mormons. I was hassled every single day by these three, told that I would burn in Hell, that if they had a dime they would woop my ass (I handed him a quarter and he shut up, I am not weak) I did not push my beliefs on them but I did not allow them to force their beliefs on to me.
My wife and I used to go to church with her mother (we had to fake being church people) and they preached not to do business with the secular people, not to socialize with them and not to allow our children to play with them.
Again, we have had many threats of violence from christians been refused service by christians at businesses (the manager had to check us out)
I am fed up with this crap from the christian cult. I am fighting back, I no longer co-exist but rather treat people in the exact same way they treat me.
The last time some sissy christian told my wife he was going to throw gas on her and light her on fire he did not know I was standing behind him, we both laughed as he RAN away.
IF I went around making threats of burning christians alive what do you think would come of that?
My wifes brother, a Deacon in his rich church, who designs bombs to kill more people for a defense contractor, when he thought we where church people told us we where not good christians because we did not have as much money as he and his wife.(we make more now)
The christian cult is about elevating themselves above others, social status and wealth.
Oh, when we stopped going to church with my wifes mother not one person called us from the church, but her mother, who gives $550.00 every two weeks, gets several phone calls if she misses a sundy. We used to go out for lunch with them after church and got along with them but at the time did not have a great deal of.....you guessed it, money
I have heard the "you can not afford not to give" sermon from three different preachers (all of them had the same life story? WOW) seen the fake old lady in the wheelchair get up and walk (yes fake, I saw her walk from her car to the wheelchair) the fake speaking in tongues (god was angry because the people where not giving like they should)
Plus I have read the bible (why christians get mad when they try to push their cult on to me, I quote the bible to them) and have no doubt that the whole jewish god thing was made up to elevate them above others and then used to control the masses and make huge sums of money

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96434 Mar 18, 2013
PREVIOUS PATIENT AT KDMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your reply. Christians are not told to associate ONLY with other Christians. Would you please explain to me what or who influences you to feel or believe the way you do? You have the right to HATE anyone or anything you wish, but, do you think your hate is any different than the hate you accuse Christians of? Hate is Hate no matter how you look at it.
Hate is hate, the difference is that I do not threaten violence against people who do not follow my beliefs. The christian cult is the most hate filled, violent, bloodlusting group. They make the jews look almost not evil
bob

Lenore, WV

#96435 Mar 18, 2013
Time to homeschool my kids
So true

Morgantown, KY

#96436 Mar 18, 2013
What is that song ? You know I don't care anymore...,, make the world go away,,,I guess it doesn't matter anymore... Gosh so much hate in this world ,, maybe it is a waste of a heart ..
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96437 Mar 18, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet, you happily imprison the mind.
Huh, I thought the comment was rather amusing, of a good natured, relaxed, non-judegmental type :-)....
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96439 Mar 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, let me give you some examples. First; I was recently in a class at the public vocational school. The instructer is a baptist and two of the students are mormons. I was hassled every single day by these three, told that I would burn in Hell, that if they had a dime they would woop my ass (I handed him a quarter and he shut up, I am not weak) I did not push my beliefs on them but I did not allow them to force their beliefs on to me.
My wife and I used to go to church with her mother (we had to fake being church people) and they preached not to do business with the secular people, not to socialize with them and not to allow our children to play with them.
Again, we have had many threats of violence from christians been refused service by christians at businesses (the manager had to check us out)
I am fed up with this crap from the christian cult. I am fighting back, I no longer co-exist but rather treat people in the exact same way they treat me.
The last time some sissy christian told my wife he was going to throw gas on her and light her on fire he did not know I was standing behind him, we both laughed as he RAN away.
IF I went around making threats of burning christians alive what do you think would come of that?
My wifes brother, a Deacon in his rich church, who designs bombs to kill more people for a defense contractor, when he thought we where church people told us we where not good christians because we did not have as much money as he and his wife.(we make more now)
The christian cult is about elevating themselves above others, social status and wealth.
Oh, when we stopped going to church with my wifes mother not one person called us from the church, but her mother, who gives $550.00 every two weeks, gets several phone calls if she misses a sundy. We used to go out for lunch with them after church and got along with them but at the time did not have a great deal of.....you guessed it, money
I have heard the "you can not afford not to give" sermon from three different preachers (all of them had the same life story? WOW) seen the fake old lady in the wheelchair get up and walk (yes fake, I saw her walk from her car to the wheelchair) the fake speaking in tongues (god was angry because the people where not giving like they should)
Plus I have read the bible (why christians get mad when they try to push their cult on to me, I quote the bible to them) and have no doubt that the whole jewish god thing was made up to elevate them above others and then used to control the masses and make huge sums of money
Now, what's so bad about a church for the poor where none of that ol' "grande materialisTic" type stuff matters then?

:-)
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96440 Mar 18, 2013
freedom from religion wrote:
what idiots have they never read history or watched the history channel, more wars have been fought and people killed in the name of religon than all other causes
Nope-disagree, just look at Israel. Centuries of one battle after another-even STILL.

The main motivators actually being more along the lines of Greed, Corruption and power tripping egos more like it.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#96441 Mar 18, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to switch to thumbnails! Not EVERYone has lightening fast downloads ya know.
Nope... If the connection is to slow to see my photos then you can't watch the multitude of amazing content the internet has to offer across a wide field of knowledge base... Consider it my free content as a public service to cause people to press for faster connections for the masses....

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96442 Mar 18, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>So, the Catholics, the Hindus, the Mormons, and I'm assuming every other religion, are full of "whackos". But not your special brand of faith. Why is that? Your arrogance is amusing.

From where I'm sitting, you're all equally "whacko".
Hahaha
I prefer "peculiar"

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96443 Mar 18, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Inslutingly inintelligent?
Hahahaha hahahaha
Thanks for the ironic laugh
Overall, I suppose Mormons might be less unintelligent than say, JWs or Southern Baptists, not quite as nutty as Scientologists or Rosicucians and far more tolerant and infinitely more tolerable than Muslims. I've found the ones I've known to be good company, despite the idiosyncrasies and expectations of their... handicap.
I would have voted for Marie before Mitt, but then atheists & agnostics never had any religious elders telling them that females are chattel and that they could own as many as they could afford.
Wings

Monticello, KY

#96444 Mar 18, 2013
This thread is a snake pit that flows with demonic venom. It is a waste. Shake the dust from your feet Do whut and move on. It is definitely a case of casting your pearls before swine. Believe me. Posting only provides them with the opportunity to blaspheme.
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96445 Mar 18, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope... If the connection is to slow to see my photos then you can't watch the multitude of amazing content the internet has to offer across a wide field of knowledge base... Consider it my free content as a public service to cause people to press for faster connections for the masses....
why, doncha have 15 minutes to wait for ntwrklog on?

lol
Blahblahblah

Manchester, KY

#96446 Mar 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Overall, I suppose Mormons might be less unintelligent than say, JWs or Southern Baptists, not quite as nutty as Scientologists or Rosicucians and far more tolerant and infinitely more tolerable than Muslims. I've found the ones I've known to be good company, despite the idiosyncrasies and expectations of their... handicap.
I would have voted for Marie before Mitt, but then atheists & agnostics never had any religious elders telling them that females are chattel and that they could own as many as they could afford.
horse pucky doodoo.
Wings

Monticello, KY

#96447 Mar 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, let me give you some examples. First; I was recently in a class at the public vocational school. The instructer is a baptist and two of the students are mormons. I was hassled every single day by these three, told that I would burn in Hell, that if they had a dime they would woop my ass (I handed him a quarter and he shut up, I am not weak) I did not push my beliefs on them but I did not allow them to force their beliefs on to me.
You need to stop watching so many televangelists. "I am the good shepherd. My sheep know my voice and none other will they follow" Learn the true voice of God. He is not a scammer.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96448 Mar 18, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
In zen, all things contain beauty. Still your mind as the rasters slowly descend from the ether....

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96449 Mar 18, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, what's so bad about a church for the poor where none of that ol' "grande materialisTic" type stuff matters then?
:-)
It is more of what they believe. If a group is going to church because they truely believe in their god and try to live by the bible than I have no problem with them (as long as they do not push their beliefs on to me)
There are people like this, just not many here where church is big business (SW FL)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#96450 Mar 18, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
horse pucky doodoo.
Oh, right... Sorry - didn't mean to leave the Amish out. You know how inconsiderate us English are.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#96451 Mar 18, 2013
Wings wrote:
<quoted text>You need to stop watching so many televangelists. "I am the good shepherd. My sheep know my voice and none other will they follow" Learn the true voice of God. He is not a scammer.
There is no god.
I do not understand how a religion stared by the jewish people to elevate themselves became the christian religion. Reading the bible you see that it is about hate and blood. Nothing more.
The christian religion is more of an excuse to do what ever because there is total forgiveness. So rape a child or rob the elderly it is all good

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#96452 Mar 18, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Be aware that the undergarments only purpose is to remind you of covenants made with God. That's the protection they offer, keeping you from sinning (adultery, etc). We don't believe they are magic. And we aren't the only religion that does this. There are many, outside of the Christian faith. The cloth that Jews wear with the tassels is similar. There are religions in India that do it as well.
Tithing isn't a new concept either. Abraham tithed. The book of Malachi teaches that it isn't a suggestion. He said that you rob God of what is His if you don't tithe.(Old Testament)
Oh and it isn't that hard to have your name removed from records. I have assisted people with this. It takes 10 minutes.
Again, I don't see how claiming that other people do something is any kind of defense. Lots of people drive drunk. Does that make it ok to drive drunk?

Do you include the baptized dead in your 30 million count (or whatever it was)?

Maybe it doesn't take that long if you get the right people but I have heard several former Mormons say that getting their name removed was very hard. They basically wrote letters asking to be removed and, after checking a year or two later, found they were still listed. I'm sure everyone's experience is different.

I appreciate that you like your faith but I can tell you aren't very willing to engage in the direct challenges. I think you are side stepping some of my points.

Book of Abraham. Baptisms for the dead. Racial doctrine. Lack of archeological evidence.

There are plenty more, but those are some whoppers to deal with. How do you deal with them?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy Smith seriously 12 min John 2
Is the Childern's Home a good place to work? 36 min Callitlikeiseeit 7
Black guy called Peanut UC COLLEGE 1 hr loukin 1
harley smith in jail 1 hr Hmmm 4
Stephen Trace Signs 2 hr Bozo 29
Drug dealing by G.R.HAMPTON SCHOOL 3 hr Knox 2
larry coleman 3 hr Silver fox 8
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages