Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,600)

Showing posts 91,981 - 92,000 of128,511
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>There can be no faith without the individuals lending their delusions to the collective. All are quilty that support the hatred and bigotry of christianity.
Funny, what I'm hearing from you seems to be hatred and bigotry. So I guess the same could be said for lack of faith.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Did you get on topix and voice your objections when religies stomped the rights of americans in n.c.? No?
Did you get on topix and voice your objections when our american dead were dishonored by the westboro religies spewing their hate? No?
Did you get on topix and voice your objections when abortion doctors and workers were killed and harassed by religies? No?

But you got on topix to voice your "respect my religion" stuff, didn't ya?

Their are no innocent religies, if you support the holy hate bible you deserve no respect.
Actually, I did. And offline as well.

You are stereotyping. Are all Muslims terrorists? Do all Indians drive taxis?
Not everyone fits the mold you have cast in your head.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny, what I'm hearing from you seems to be hatred and bigotry. So I guess the same could be said for lack of faith.
Lol, faith hatred and bigotry, throw in some hypocrisy and you have a good start on a religie.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I did. And offline as well.
You are stereotyping. Are all Muslims terrorists? Do all Indians drive taxis?
Not everyone fits the mold you have cast in your head.

What do indians driving taxis have to do with religies hating, you are dodging the issue, as religies tend to do.

The holy hate bible is a book that is full of hate, bigotry and hypocrisy to claim otherwise is absurd. No religion deserves respect, striaght jackets maybe, but not respect.

To support such religie hatred is to not be innocent.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>What do indians driving taxis have to do with religies hating, you are dodging the issue, as religies tend to do.

The holy hate bible is a book that is full of hate, bigotry and hypocrisy to claim otherwise is absurd. No religion deserves respect, striaght jackets maybe, but not respect.

It's an analogy to show you how absurd of a stereotype you are making.

The God of the Old Testament was harsh and admittedly jealous. He created us and did not like it when people disobeyed Him. Put yourself in His shoes. I can't speak for Him. You should take it up with Him yourself, not His followers.

I'm not saying you should respect a religion. The religion really doesn't care if you respect it or not. It has no feelings. But you should respect people in general, no matter their religion. If you can't do that, then you should consider limiting your contact with society.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>What do indians driving taxis have to do with religies hating, you are dodging the issue, as religies tend to do.

Now as for "the issues". What do you want to discuss?
Lucky

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

We need everyone to start Savin that's how we become millionaires kids need to be taught to fend for themselves and not the government check!!! It criminal out schools don't make it mandatory for all students to learn investing for their future before the get out of the 9th grade!!!!

$350 per month at a 8% return for 40 years. Start at 20 at 60 years old you will have $1,229,999.30 people wake up and demand that schools start teaching this to our kids. The government wants you broke so they can control you. Its politics people! start to control your life by controlling yourself you can do it!!!
This what needs to be discussed need to take care of our futures and quit bitching about others beliefs. Lets take care of ourselves be a good steward with our money and use it to help others. Regardless of one faith !
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
It is one of the reasons we are here. This time on earth is a refining process. We are here, out of our Father's presence, to progress and learn. There are some things we would never learn unless we did it on our own. And if we had a full recollection of everything in our life in His presence, it wouldn't benefit us.
im not to sure that the reason for life is for us to learn if u believe the bible. the bible dont want u to learn anything but the bible. thats why the catholic church has destroyed so much lierature thru the years. the church survives by usin the ignorance of the ppl to scare them in to giving them the 10% of their money on each sunday so that they dont go to hell. if ppl were to really learn and look at the relgion from the real history facts as well as new scientific facts then they would see easily that the whole god theory is just a way early men explained things that they didnt know. christianity is nothing more than ancient astrology....the son of god is actually the sun that gives life to us for real but then again i dont need to give any lessons out. just go and read some "REAL" history and science facts and compare them to what your religon is and u will soon repent from your religious ways.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>im not to sure that the reason for life is for us to learn if u believe the bible. the bible dont want u to learn anything but the bible. thats why the catholic church has destroyed so much lierature thru the years. the church survives by usin the ignorance of the ppl to scare them in to giving them the 10% of their money on each sunday so that they dont go to hell. if ppl were to really learn and look at the relgion from the real history facts as well as new scientific facts then they would see easily that the whole god theory is just a way early men explained things that they didnt know. christianity is nothing more than ancient astrology....the son of god is actually the sun that gives life to us for real but then again i dont need to give any lessons out. just go and read some "REAL" history and science facts and compare them to what your religon is and u will soon repent from your religious ways.
Sorry, but I disagree. God's hand has been evident in my life. I have felt and heard the Holy Ghost.
I really don't believe that God and science are at opposing ends of the playing field.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
What do indians driving taxis have to do with religies hating, you are dodging the issue, as religies tend to do.
That's what makes athiest occupy anyone elses anything type ozombieTIC bigots and sterotpyes such brainless losers. Poor POTUS, it must really suck to have that type of vileness hanging off his shirt tails all the time.

Just look at the level of ignorance-
"religue"

About at par of 12 year olds.

Seriously.

Grow up, you're giving the POTUS a bad rep.
RasedKatlick

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
im not to sure that the reason for life is for us to learn if u believe the bible. the bible dont want u to learn anything but the bible. thats why the catholic church has destroyed so much lierature thru the years. the church survives by usin the ignorance of the ppl to scare them in to giving them the 10% of their money on each sunday so that they dont go to hell. if ppl were to really learn and look at the relgion from the real history facts as well as new scientific facts then they would see easily that the whole god theory is just a way early men explained things that they didnt know. christianity is nothing more than ancient astrology....the son of god is actually the sun that gives life to us for real but then again i dont need to give any lessons out. just go and read some "REAL" history and science facts and compare them to what your religon is and u will soon repent from your religious ways.
Maybe you should educate yourself a little and get some REAL TRUTH..

The Catholic church never "demanded" a ten percent tithing "fee" of anyone.

Only what people want to give, of their OWN free choice.

Stop listening to ignorant and do some research for yourself.
RaisedKatlick

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I disagree. God's hand has been evident in my life. I have felt and heard the Holy Ghost.
I really don't believe that God and science are at opposing ends of the playing field.
They're not (for those with rational, sane and logical minds anyway) History has proven that, repeatedly, time and time again.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
The God of the Old Testament was harsh and admittedly jealous.
The holy hate bible has two testicles an old and a new, same god, same hate.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
Now as for "the issues". What do you want to discuss?
It was "issue" and its at the top of the page, the holy hate bible.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

RasedKatlick wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not true. The catholic church sent armed men out and took from people. They could demand what ever they wanted from some ones estate after they dies. In America if you did not pay up they put you in jail until we stood up to them. Thank Satan that our for fathers where not christians!

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

RaisedKatlick wrote:
<quoted text>
They're not (for those with rational, sane and logical minds anyway) History has proven that, repeatedly, time and time again.
What history has proven again and again is that the christian cult picks and chooses from the bible to justify hatred, violens and blood lust (and sexual perversion)
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
What has always amazed me is the Book of Mormon is supposed to be a history of the native Americans. The amazement begans when the white man discovered America you would expect at least one little tribe would be a Christian especially sense the 'Book of Mormon' is supposed to be another testament of Jesus Christ! Yet when you examine the beliefs of the American 'Indians' they more reflect the beliefs that origanated in ancient pagan Babylon.
Another thing is the 'Book of Mormon' was supposed to be translated from some ancient Egyption language. The King James Verson was translated in 1611 yet when compared to the 'Book of Mormon' it is the exact same wording. How can that be?
As for me I looked extensively into the Mormon teachings. I had the 'Book of Mormon' and
"Doctrine and Covenants" written by Bringham Young which is more accepted by the LDS than the
'Book of Mormon'or the KJV for that matter!
I could tell you a lot more but if you are LDS you don't want to hear it and if not you can do the same inbvestigation that I did.
Have at it! The decision is yours!
Who translated the New World Translation? Are any members of the translation committe ever disfellowship and left the JW's .

What person or person's authored the books written for the JW's. Is it a secret?

Who can sin against the Holy Spirit and can you give some examples for our day?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

do whut wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't attacking faith you are attacking individuals that aren't guilty of the crap you speak of.
Yes, I am attacking those who align themselves with a cult that has attacked others for centuries.
So YOU did not murder a bunch of people by blowing up a womans clinic with Doctors, employees, and patents in it but you choose to belong to the cult that condones these types of murders. YOU did not sacrifice animals or sing and dance as you murdered children but you worship the god that demanded this of you.
Hey, I bet there where solders under Hitler that never killed any one but they where still Nazis.
You should read your entire bible starting with this;
“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.
2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)
3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

UNLESS YOU THINK WE ARE ON MARS HEAVEN AND EARTH HAS NOT PASSED AWAY! So why do you pick and choose from the bible? Because you know that it is not real!
Lucky

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

We need everyone to start Savin that's how we become millionaires kids need to be taught to fend for themselves and not the government check!!! It criminal out schools don't make it mandatory for all students to learn investing for their future before the get out of the 9th grade!!!!

$350 per month at a 8% return for 40 years. Start at 20 at 60 years old you will have $1,229,999.30 people wake up and demand that schools start teaching this to our kids. The government wants you broke so they can control you. Its politics people! start to control your life by controlling yourself you can do it!!!
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

RasedKatlick wrote:
<quoted text>
the catholics burned all the literature. the church survives is about all churches becuz if u would read your bible then u would find out that god requires u to give 10% so obviously u are invaluable to this discussion cuz u are arguin from ignorance. go read the bible and maybe u will learn that it is garbage.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 91,981 - 92,000 of128,511
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Nutz 146,012
Barbourville Cable 9 min lol 1
Jerry Rabbit Cox 19 min hobbs 3
Ky Biscuit Company 30 min gator 8
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 36 min i be dat nikka 81,555
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 57 min Ricky Noya 16,114
Beautiful selfies on Facebook 1 hr wow 34
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE