Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 143035 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

happy

Lexington, KY

#96289 Mar 17, 2013
do whut wrote:
<quoted text>Nor would I wish to if I could. Faith in God is something that you have to want for yourself.
Faith in God is one of the main purposes we are here on earth. We lived with our Father in Heaven before this existence. We all chose to follow His plan to come to this earth, receive a tangible body that is ours for eternity, and have our faith in Him tested. We have a veil over our remembrance of our time with Him. If we remembered, there would be no reason for faith. And if there were global "proof" of God's existence, there would be no reason for faith.
He sent us His Holy Spirit to witness eternal truth to us. Once you have felt the confirmation of the Holy Ghost, proof seems irrelevant, though you want to share it with others. This poses a difficult problem when a person doesn't believe they need God in their life. I choose to share my experiences with others just in case someone is at that point in their life where they want a relationship with their Father in Heaven.
Once an individual cracks the door open to the possibility of a creator, the Holy Ghost gladly accompanies that person as they want to learn more.

When I speak with people that do not wish to open that door, I do my best to befriend that person anyway. Maybe the time will be right for them some other day. Until then, I am happy to get to know them for who they are. If the person is hostile towards me because of my beliefs, I still try to talk to them. If they can't find a way to be respectful, I usually move on with no hard feelings.

I hope you are someone that can have a mutually respectful conversation, as I will not attack you for what you stand for.
So CHRO u EVOLVED from an APE???? Equally UNBELIEVABLE to
Believers!! And HILLARIOUS!! Lol. Sorry but it's ROFL...HILLARIOUS. BAHAHAHA. WOW
happy

Lexington, KY

#96290 Mar 17, 2013
So you EVOLVED from APES??? From monkeys? BAHAHAHA. Wow wow
Lol.
Rofl equally UNBELIEVABLE and HILLARIOUS to believers!
I was CREATED!
sickening

Shelbyville, IN

#96291 Mar 17, 2013
I agree that people came from Creation and not an ape. How absurd. People can believe they came from an animal but can't believe that there is a God who is quite capable of EVERYTHING.
HOWEVER....I do believe there are many people who were CREATED from jackasses.

I'm living proof there is a God....you want proof....take a breath.....there ya go!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#96292 Mar 17, 2013
Lucky wrote:
We need everyone to start Savin that's how we become millionaires kids need to be taught to fend for themselves and not the government check!!! It criminal out schools don't make it mandatory for all students to learn investing for their future before the get out of the 9th grade!!!!
$350 per month at a 8% return for 40 years. Start at 20 at 60 years old you will have $1,229,999.30 people wake up and demand that schools start teaching this to our kids. The government wants you broke so they can control you. Its politics people! start to control your life by controlling yourself you can do it!!!
This what needs to be discussed need to take care of our futures and quit bitching about others beliefs. Lets take care of ourselves be a good steward with our money and use it to help others. Regardless of one faith !
Jesus saves!...and so should you! Open a savings account today at L&N Federal Credit Union.

Location hidden

#96293 Mar 17, 2013
happy wrote:
So you EVOLVED from APES??? From monkeys? BAHAHAHA. Wow wow
Lol.
Rofl equally UNBELIEVABLE and HILLARIOUS to believers!
I was CREATED!
If I had a nickel for every time I've heard this, I'd have... well, I'd have a lot of nickels.
I know this is a waste of time. But, I'll bite anyway.

From Apes? Not exactly how it works. Both modern man and modern apes evolved from the same ancestor at some point in our pasts.
From Monkeys? No, no one has ever said that (other than ignorant fundamentalists who live for straw man arguments)

And yes, we all know that you fundies find it hilarious. It's sad to me though. Your amusement is based on ignorance. I suppose it would be different if you understood Darwin's theory and disagreed with it. But that is typically not the case.

Location hidden

#96294 Mar 17, 2013
sickening wrote:
I agree that people came from Creation and not an ape. How absurd. People can believe they came from an animal but can't believe that there is a God who is quite capable of EVERYTHING.
I'm living proof there is a God....you want proof....take a breath.....there ya go!
You present your argument as if Evolution and Creationism are two sides of a coin on equal footing, both based on belief.

They are not.

People, like myself, don't "believe" in Evolution like you believe in Creation. We accept the evidence that supports it. We understand the prevailing theory (Darwin's Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection) and agree that it (Darwin's theory) is the best explanation.
Evolution itself, is not a theory by the way (before you start going down that road). It is a fact. When people say "the Theory of Evolution" they really mean Darwin's theory about how evolution occurs not a theory about whether it exists. It's just like gravity. Gravity exists, but how it actually works is best explained by Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.
happy

Lexington, KY

#96295 Mar 17, 2013
sickening wrote:

Rofl cute. We also have a sense of humor
happy

Lexington, KY

#96296 Mar 17, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>If I had a nickel for every time I've heard this, I'd have... well, I'd have a lot of nickels.
I know this is a waste of time. But, I'll bite anyway.

From Apes? Not exactly how it works. Both modern man and modern apes evolved from the same ancestor at some point in our pasts.
From Monkeys? No, no one has ever said that (other than ignorant fundamentalists who live for straw man arguments)

And yes, we all know that you fundies find it hilarious. It's sad to me though. Your amusement is based on ignorance. I suppose it would be different if you understood Darwin's theory and disagreed with it. But that is typically not the case.
Lol I DO disagree with Darwin. What a joke
happy

Lexington, KY

#96297 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>You present your argument as if Evolution and Creationism are two sides of a coin on equal footing, both based on belief.

They are not.

People, like myself, don't "believe" in Evolution like you believe in Creation. We accept the evidence that supports it. We understand the prevailing theory (Darwin's Theory of Evolution by Natural Selection) and agree that it (Darwin's theory) is the best explanation.
Evolution itself, is not a theory by the way (before you start going down that road). It is a fact. When people say "the Theory of Evolution" they really mean Darwin's theory about how evolution occurs not a theory about whether it exists. It's just like gravity. Gravity exists, but how it actually works is best explained by Einstein's General Theory of Relativity.
How did the Universe Begin? Dr. William Lane Craig

The case for a Creator Dr. Lee Strobel

Darwin or Design Paul A. Nelson

How Biology Points Toward God
Dr. Raymind Bolin
To give a few....
happy

Lexington, KY

#96298 Mar 17, 2013
How the Universe Points Toward a Creator. Dr. John Bloom

The Intersection of Science and Faith
Dr. Craig Hazen...

Following Jesus on the Reliablity of Scripture Dr. Paige Patterson..
Few more

Location hidden

#96299 Mar 17, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol I DO disagree with Darwin. What a joke
I didn't say you didn't disagree with it. I said you disagree with it without understanding it.

Location hidden

#96300 Mar 17, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
How did the Universe Begin? Dr. William Lane Craig
The case for a Creator Dr. Lee Strobel
Darwin or Design Paul A. Nelson
How Biology Points Toward God
Dr. Raymind Bolin
To give a few....
...a few books written by Christian apologetic authors. Fascinating evidence you have there.
happy

Lexington, KY

#96301 Mar 17, 2013
The Kalam Cosmological Argument most published contemporary argument for Theism in philosophy.
William Lane Craig
happy

Lexington, KY

#96302 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>I didn't say you didn't disagree with it. I said you disagree with it without understanding it.
Totally understand as you can see by my reference :-)
happy

Lexington, KY

#96303 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>I didn't say you didn't disagree with it. I said you disagree with it without understanding it.
Totally understand as u can see by references noted :-)
happy

Lexington, KY

#96304 Mar 17, 2013
"Scientifically speaking, it's far more probable for a life prohibiting universe to exist rather than a LIFE SUSTAINING one. Life is balanced on a RAZORS edge."

"If you are Sincerely SEEKING God, He will make His existence evident to
YOU."
William Lane Craig
EplurbisGawdurad uhmazz

Somerset, KY

#96305 Mar 17, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>This is not true. The catholic church sent armed men out and took from people. They could demand what ever they wanted from some ones estate after they dies. In America if you did not pay up they put you in jail until we stood up to them. Thank Satan that our for fathers where not christians!
Back your BULLSHIT up with documentation or have it called it for what it is (BULLSHIT) by the walk of living proof of EXPERIENCE. If you can pull the straws out of your nose of lalaland long enough, and your head out from under the paid-for-in-advance headstones off of OTHER peoples backs long enough that you're trying to freeride off of that is.

By Claudio Lavanga and Marian Smith, NBC News

VATICAN CITY -- Pope Francis said Saturday he wanted "a poor church for the poor" in his first remarks to the media since he was elected leader of the world's 1.2 billion Catholics.

Wearing simple white robes and plain black shoes, he explained how he decided to name himself after St. Francis of Assisi: When he reached two-thirds of the vote in the conclave, a fellow cardinal embraced him and said, "Don't forget the poor."

"That's when I thought of Francis of Assisi," he said. "And that is how the name came to me: Francis of Assisi, the man of poverty, of peace."

Follow @NBCNewsWorld

He added: "This is what I want, a poor church for the poor."

His comments underscored previous indications of his preference for austerity -- he did not sit on the papal throne to receive the cardinals after being elected, he took a bus with the rest of the cardinals back to their hotel and he was pictured Friday paying the bill himself
happy

Lexington, KY

#96306 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>...a few books written by Christian apologetic authors. Fascinating evidence you have there.
TY yes I love the evidence. Quite convincing totally explainable
EplurbisGawdurad uhmazz

Somerset, KY

#96307 Mar 17, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>What history has proven again and again is that the christian cult picks and chooses from the bible to justify hatred, violens and blood lust (and sexual perversion)
Sounds like you have some personal problems then. Blaming random churches for them will get you no where.

That's what they make psychiatrists for.

Logic will always win over ILLogical.
EplurbisGawdurad uhmazz

Somerset, KY

#96308 Mar 17, 2013
Lucky wrote:
We need everyone to start Savin that's how we become millionaires kids need to be taught to fend for themselves and not the government check!!! It criminal out schools don't make it mandatory for all students to learn investing for their future before the get out of the 9th grade!!!!
$350 per month at a 8% return for 40 years. Start at 20 at 60 years old you will have $1,229,999.30 people wake up and demand that schools start teaching this to our kids. The government wants you broke so they can control you. Its politics people! start to control your life by controlling yourself you can do it!!!
Grow up. In the real world, MANY are doing good just to feed their families each week (with NO givverment handouts), let alone save anytihng.

It is criminal that our schools let such stupid pass beyond 7th grade with such jr high delusions of UNrealities these days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is judge ex Jm hall going to prison ? 11 min Adam 2
Anyone want to Debate Religion with The Special... 13 min No God 10
Shooting at Walmart??? 48 min Love it 30
Who's had Curt brown 1 hr Vickie 30
Where is Gothic girl these Days? 1 hr Been There 4
Garbage Service from Patrick Mills garbage service 2 hr citizen 13
Flat Lick Ball Coach Devin Mills 2 hr Lol 16
walmart shooting 3 hr Confused 15
Social services barbourville ky 17 hr Amazed 13
More from around the web