Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
91,621 - 91,640 of 130,208 Comments Last updated 8 min ago

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
And if they travel to other nations and teach it in enlightenment, rather than in darkness and condmenation, they teach acceptance of the world as it IS, of others as they are, IMPERFECTIONS and all. Not as some imaginary place of perfection, OR as they would "wish it to be".
Because nothing or any one, is "perfect".
That is not what most Christian pastors and leaders teach. They teach that the Bible is perfect. So if the Bible says you can kill a witch, and if you already believe in witches because you are from a rather stone age culture, then guess what happens next?

You kill witches.

Any mission to Africa that includes Bibles is a bad mission. Go and give food, build shelters, help distribute vaccines and HIV meds. Don't distribute murder manuals.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>you need to see bout sum oil for that whine
Why thank you...ah believe ah shall. Heya, have an invitation to a nice vino garden party, to celebrates the arrival of spring, at the local parish of your choice, courtesy of the Nun Yobizness Order. We will be gathering worms for bait, for the upcoming trout season weanie roast.

See you there!
Blahblahblah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q
If there was a field of horse puckey doodoo, as manufactured by Clydesdales inhabiting such, could then the horse puckey doodoo of the same, be deemed as giant horse puckey doo doo, in relative comparasion to that of being manufactured by a herd Minature horses occypying the same field?

One would logically have to rationalize then, that indeed, the hypothesis of the existence of giant horse puckey doodoo could be relevant subjectively, would they not?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
For anyone who does not know the word NEPHILIM are giants born to demons who cohabited with human women.
Increased Wickedness.“The mighty ones who were of old, the men of fame” that were produced by these marriages, were not men of fame with God, for they did not survive the Flood, as did Noah and his family. They were “Nephilim,” bullies, tyrants, who no doubt helped to make conditions worse. Their angelic fathers, knowing the construction of the human body and being able to materialize, were not creating life, but lived in these human bodies and, cohabiting with women, brought forth children. Their children,“mighty ones,” were therefore unauthorized hybrids. Apparently the Nephilim did not, in turn, have children.
The NEPHILIM are in reality ofspring of Satan!
That explains why they attack Jehovah's Witnesses!
Nucking futz.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what most Christian pastors and leaders teach. They teach that the Bible is perfect. So if the Bible says you can kill a witch, and if you already believe in witches because you are from a rather stone age culture, then guess what happens next?
You kill witches.
Any mission to Africa that includes Bibles is a bad mission. Go and give food, build shelters, help distribute vaccines and HIV meds. Don't distribute murder manuals.
I personally would want to add ABC reading primers to the supplies list---WAYYYYY, way, way (and even long) before distributing any such book requiring so much more comprehension, than just the limited scope of basic word for word as read from the primers of, primary levels.
Would have to deny whatever those manuals of the haterisms of hatertics you are referencing too...at least until jr high level, at which such time, some Edgar Alan Poe short stories might be suitable reading level materials, for SOME (but probably not all) anyway! In an organized, non-chaotic, open classroom type of discussion evironment, where children learn, in the "big world" people have different interpretations and even different opinions(!) and such is allowable and even encouraged! Quite unlike the dark ages of narrow-minded ignorance and the herdpack culling of those who might've believed different!
Blahblahblah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q
an peas..ah bet you coulduh writ you a lil' ole diddy about a lil ol 'berg full o' plenty of hoespuckywhodoovoodoo an whineDUHM....

We could hanout flyers fer that too fer a show fer yew all lol...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally would want to add ABC reading primers to the supplies list---WAYYYYY, way, way (and even long) before distributing any such book requiring so much more comprehension, than just the limited scope of basic word for word as read from the primers of, primary levels.
Would have to deny whatever those manuals of the haterisms of hatertics you are referencing too...at least until jr high level, at which such time, some Edgar Alan Poe short stories might be suitable reading level materials, for SOME (but probably not all) anyway! In an organized, non-chaotic, open classroom type of discussion evironment, where children learn, in the "big world" people have different interpretations and even different opinions(!) and such is allowable and even encouraged! Quite unlike the dark ages of narrow-minded ignorance and the herdpack culling of those who might've believed different!
I'm all about the books, man. All about the books.

Make comparative classes mandatory in Jr High and High School and watch people get smarter as a result. Looking back on my own school career I don't remember any kind of comparative education. Only by contrasting one idea against other ideas can we see how strong it is, I think. A comparative religion course would be the bees knees to a high school curriculum. And I guarantee the school that did it correctly would crank out fewer nutjobs who think Noah's Ark was a real boat.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm all about the books, man. All about the books.
Make comparative classes mandatory in Jr High and High School and watch people get smarter as a result. Looking back on my own school career I don't remember any kind of comparative education. Only by contrasting one idea against other ideas can we see how strong it is, I think. A comparative religion course would be the bees knees to a high school curriculum. And I guarantee the school that did it correctly would crank out fewer nutjobs who think Noah's Ark was a real boat.
Only allowable (w/out cheating, as in under watchful eyes) via a mandatory pre-req critical thinking, reading comprehension, and ability to logic and reason test, as in able to discren, hell Noah mighta coulda had a couple FOUR boats during his lifetime (or not) for all we REALLY know. The ones buried with some o fdem dar Egyptian type pharoahs however, are little easier to ponder on, being as they are now visible to human eyes.
Thing that make ppl go hmmmm....why would egyption royalty see need for boats in the after life? What ever would put the need of such in mind? Was the desert always just sand...or were they rich, lush and fertile lands at one time.... Where in Mesopotamia is that four rivers once conjoined to a larger body of water? Could that have possibly been referenced as elsewise historically....

That should fill up Alex's Jeopardy board for the day lol.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
United States: During August and September 2004, the state of Florida was pounded by four hurricanes: Charley, Frances, Ivan, and Jeanne. More than 4,300 homes of brothers and at least ten Kingdom Halls were damaged. In the aftermath, the chairman of Florida’s Emergency Operations Committee (EOC) checked to ensure that EOC supplies were being properly used. He said that no other group was as well organized as Jehovah’s Witnesses were. He told the relief committee that they could have whatever supplies they needed.
One congregation had been temporarily using a building that they rented for $50 a meeting. But this building also suffered damage when the first hurricane hit. Men were hired to make repairs, but they did not finish the work. Offering their services to the owners, the brothers received approval and promptly completed the job. In return, the owners waived the rent for three months.
So the JWs used EOC supplies in rebuilding kingdom halls... Interesting. I wonder how many other tax exempt churches we paid for repairs on? What a patriotic and honorable use of taxpayer funds. I certainly would be interested to learn God fearing man Gov. Christ appointed as the EOC chair.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
Only allowable (w/out cheating, as in under watchful eyes) via a mandatory pre-req critical thinking, reading comprehension, and ability to logic and reason test, as in able to discren, hell Noah mighta coulda had a couple FOUR boats during his lifetime (or not) for all we REALLY know. The ones buried with some o fdem dar Egyptian type pharoahs however, are little easier to ponder on, being as they are now visible to human eyes.
Thing that make ppl go hmmmm....why would egyption royalty see need for boats in the after life? What ever would put the need of such in mind? Was the desert always just sand...or were they rich, lush and fertile lands at one time.... Where in Mesopotamia is that four rivers once conjoined to a larger body of water? Could that have possibly been referenced as elsewise historically....
That should fill up Alex's Jeopardy board for the day lol.
I see no reason to assume Noah was a real person at all. Let alone how many boats he had, lol. He's a figure in an old story, and not an original story either. The Epic of Gilgamesh had nearly the exact same story.

The Nile is a big river, and it was the highway of the Egyptians. Lots of boats. Makes sense if you believe in an afterlife and want to continue to be rich and powerful...need a boat.
hiphiphooray

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I see no reason to assume Noah was a real person at all. Let alone how many boats he had, lol. He's a figure in an old story, and not an original story either. The Epic of Gilgamesh had nearly the exact same story.
The Nile is a big river, and it was the highway of the Egyptians. Lots of boats. Makes sense if you believe in an afterlife and want to continue to be rich and powerful...need a boat.
similiar storyline from hinduism regarding manu

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manu_%28Hinduism...
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
For those who may not know the use of the word APOSTATE: Here are some of the Bibles use of the word
Job 8:13
Thus are the pathways of all those forgetting God,
And the very hope of an apostate will perish.
Job 20:5
That the joyful cry of wicked people is short
And the rejoicing of an apostate is for a moment?
Job 36:13
And those apostate in heart will themselves lay up anger.
Proverbs 11:9
By [his] mouth the one who is an apostate brings his fellowman to ruin, but by knowledge are the righteous rescued.
Is it true that JW's have changed the teachings that those born in the year 1914 that many of them alive on that date would never die?

Or is it true what Nephilim said that your church change that teaching to mean "born on that date or after" so they can kick the can down the road to mean at anytime?

If so, and the watchtower is guided by the Holy Spirit as what to write, why do they change their teachings if found to be incorrect?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Now see man, that's what happens when you only rely on what the JWs teach you. Nephilims were not born to demons, the bible says "that the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful; and they took wives for themselves, whomever they chose."
And yes, the Nephilims survived the flood, "There also we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak are part of the Nephilim); and we became like grasshoppers in our own sight, and so we were in their sight."
Do a little research other than the Watchtower publications. Google 'JWs miracle wheat' if you want to read about Russel's magic wheat he was selling.
JW's think everything is a demon. I haven't met one that isn't scared shitless thinking they're constantly surrounded by "demons". I used to think it was funny, but now I find it sad. It must be terrifying.
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
They kept changing their definition of generation over the years to keep everyone thinking it was any day now. A generation is around thirty years so after the thirty years they say a generation is anyone that was 15 or older who could understand what happened in 1914. After those years came and went they changed it to anyone who was born on 1914. Now that that generation passed away they have some new light about an "over lapping generation" that is any moment now.
These guys have been screaming its the end for over a 100 years and have never gotten anything right.
These two scriptures can show how religious claims can be dismissed by anyone, simple evidence of claims.

“If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the Lord does not take place or come true, that is a message the Lord has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him”(Deut. 18:22).

Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

Yet, one must be careful, because science can do what religion once claimed only a God could do. Religion can just claim God did it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
They kept changing their definition of generation over the years to keep everyone thinking it was any day now. A generation is around thirty years so after the thirty years they say a generation is anyone that was 15 or older who could understand what happened in 1914. After those years came and went they changed it to anyone who was born on 1914. Now that that generation passed away they have some new light about an "over lapping generation" that is any moment now.
These guys have been screaming its the end for over a 100 years and have never gotten anything right.
But isn't this just the way religions work? lol

I mean, the Bible itself says that the people Jesus was literally talking to would not die before "these things are fulfilled". And we're still waiting. And the apologists are doing the song and dance number about the word having different meanings (meanings they mostly invented for the purpose of explaining away this annoying verse).

These nutty faiths reinvent themselves constantly in order to stay alive. Mormons, who historically thought black people were more sinful and less "delightsome", suddenly embraced blacks when the Civil Rights era really kicked into the general population in the 70s. And that's just one of the MANY things Mormons have toned down in order to appear like normal people.

JWs are just as bad, or worse. They know they cannot survive if they don't tone down their nuttier beliefs. So they do.

In 30 years there might be a JW that is no different from any other church, Baptist or otherwise. They are all sort of toning it down, muddying the waters, blending themselves a bit. Trying to form a block against the rising number of rational people who simply look at that sh*t and laugh.
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
No buddy, it's still funny. They released a children's movie to train their young about the "dangers of demon toys" and it's about a little boy and Sparlock the Wizard Warrior. Check it out when you get a chance, it's funny. The cartoon is at the end but its worth watching it all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wxfuPD89WxsXX
Ironic, that Russel's magic wheat was claimed.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
In duh desert?

A fleet of camels, one with proper sunblocking accessories, and a few good men for hauling junk would suffice better LOL.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So the JWs used EOC supplies in rebuilding kingdom halls... Interesting. I wonder how many other tax exempt churches we paid for repairs on? What a patriotic and honorable use of taxpayer funds. I certainly would be interested to learn God fearing man Gov. Christ appointed as the EOC chair.
It was not building supplies....it was food and medical supplies. What other religion did you bash for having access to those supplies...or do you think only atheists should get them? After all Jehovah's Witnesses pay their taxes. The religious organization has the same tax exemption as any other religion has! What is your point?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
No buddy, it's still funny. They released a children's movie to train their young about the "dangers of demon toys" and it's about a little boy and Sparlock the Wizard Warrior. Check it out when you get a chance, it's funny. The cartoon is at the end but its worth watching it all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wxfuPD89WxsXX
It was interesting to listen to the JW blatantly talk about how animated videos are a great way to brainwash kids at an early age. Well, it seemed blatant to me.
That poor little animated bastard is going to grow up terrified that he's surrounded by demons and every non-JW he knows is a "bad association".
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
It was interesting to listen to the JW blatantly talk about how animated videos are a great way to brainwash kids at an early age. Well, it seemed blatant to me.
That poor little animated bastard is going to grow up terrified that he's surrounded by demons and every non-JW he knows is a "bad association".
There is no truth to what you just posted. It is nothing more than a rumor.
Rumors are carried by haters
Spread by fools
And accepted by idiots

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min American Lady 149,767
Charmaine Partin 8 min proudmother 1
Looking for a place to rent ASAP 40 min Momolovesmatthew 1
selfless love witnessed 44 min IronHammer 1
Sheriff deputies 49 min cant wait 16
kenfra bimgham smith 3 hr old friend 2
Debate: Ferguson - Barbourville, KY 4 hr Brain dead 6
puppet masters of knox co. who are they? 4 hr Brain dead 8

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Warning for Knox County was issued at August 20 at 6:56PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville