Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,581)

Showing posts 91,601 - 91,620 of127,986
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Blahblahblah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>where dim gherls at?
"noneyabiz."
Blahblahblah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I will have to jump in and say you have to be more specific... There absolutely was a Flood that did happen Globally and the Evidence is around the globe in the form of cities under several hundred feet of water scattered around the globe....
But the Biblical Story of water covering the earth to the tops of all land masses ... That didn't happen.... But if you were sitting in a nice bungalow on the French coast and a 400 foot tsunami hit and when it settled down the Ocean Level was 100 foot higher in a matter of hours you might think it a Global Flood...
Oh..realllllly....what is that...logic? Really? Well now, that be nice for a change :-).
Blahblahblah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot be saved from destruction unless you are person in good standing with Jehovah and baptized member of Jehovah Witnesses. How do you refute that statement?
Organizations that will be destroyed by God.
To keep the list short, all of them with exception Jehovah Witnesses.

Past experience for others would indicate, that theory could actually be more in accordance to which representative of what organization one would be speaking with.
harpocrates

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
"noneyabiz."
you need to see bout sum oil for that whine
harpocrates

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
Past experience for others would indicate, that theory could actually be more in accordance to which representative of what organization one would be speaking with.
farting in soup is coagulative
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
CORRECTION: It is correctly spelled Jehovah's Witnesses!
If you knew what you are talking about you would know that!
Please forgive me for making a spelling error. The message is correct just the same. Christians are not perfect only forgiven.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Google wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep and that is the "good news" that the JWs wake you up in the morning to tell you. Their God is going to kill you and all your family if you don't join their cult and this destruction is going to happen at any moment. It doesn't matter how good of a life you live, if you don't join and sell their literature door to door then God will kill you.
Sounds like wonderful news to me.
That's what JW believe, just like others who say they worship the one true God. I write what I read JW preach. Known fact says JW's do not debate online and to them debating is really preaching, reproving and correction, like Known Fact that likes to brow beat me for typos.

They always come by my house and I take the magazines, then they ask you questions. Many that were alive in 1914 will never die they said.

I'm trying to find out how many JW's are older that 100 years. Just testing the correctness of the claim to see if it is true or not.

2014 will be 100 years since that date.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I will have to jump in and say you have to be more specific... There absolutely was a Flood that did happen Globally and the Evidence is around the globe in the form of cities under several hundred feet of water scattered around the globe....
But the Biblical Story of water covering the earth to the tops of all land masses ... That didn't happen.... But if you were sitting in a nice bungalow on the French coast and a 400 foot tsunami hit and when it settled down the Ocean Level was 100 foot higher in a matter of hours you might think it a Global Flood...
I could say "Touche," but I wouldn't mean it. I was obviously referring to "courageeous" Noah's flood and no other.
Do you find it at all interesting how difficult it is to get one from the faithful flocks to consider the Burckle event?

“Boogie Chill'un”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well there was one part wrong in my post, the JWs no longer sell the books, they ask for donations. They started that in the 90s and lied on why they did that. They did it for a tax loophole just like their buddy Jimmy Swaggart did. The Society actually filed a legal brief in Jimmy Swaggart's case because Swaggart had to pay a bunch of back taxes.
Look it up because I know you won't take my word or my references. Just Google "Jehovah's Witnesses Jimmy Swaggart" and read it for yourself. I bet the JWs hate the Internet.
I registered so I will not be posting as Google right now.
Dude, check your pm.....
umm

Middlesboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

I believe that, even though most of Kentucky has Christianity as their religion, we should not allow this unless people let all religions be studied and taught by public schools.

“Boogie Chill'un”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

umm wrote:
I believe that, even though most of Kentucky has Christianity as their religion, we should not allow this unless people let all religions be studied and taught by public schools.
Only fair way to do it under our Constitution.....have to teach anti theism too.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Haiti: In mid-September, Hurricane Jeanne deluged northern Haiti, resulting in a devastating flood that engulfed the coastal town of Gonaïves and surrounding areas. Even people seeking refuge on rooftops ended up knee-deep in water!“All night we heard houses collapsing and people screaming,” says one brother. The flood claimed some 2,900 lives, including that of an 83-year-old sister.
Says one brother,“I thank Jehovah that our family left our possessions behind and survived.” A few days later, Witnesses from neighboring towns brought food and fresh water, and the branch distributed a truckload of supplies. Despite the work involved to clean up, by week’s end all were again attending Christian meetings and preaching.“Forty volunteers worked on my home for four days,” says a sister.“They even gave it a coat of paint! All of this impressed those in my family who are not Witnesses. One has since started studying.”
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

2004 Haiti:
In mid-September, Hurricane Jeanne deluged northern Haiti, resulting in a devastating flood that engulfed the coastal town of Gonaïves and surrounding areas. Even people seeking refuge on rooftops ended up knee-deep in water!“All night we heard houses collapsing and people screaming,” says one brother. The flood claimed some 2,900 lives, including that of an 83-year-old sister.
Says one brother,“I thank Jehovah that our family left our possessions behind and survived.” A few days later, Witnesses from neighboring towns brought food and fresh water, and the branch distributed a truckload of supplies. Despite the work involved to clean up, by week’s end all were again attending Christian meetings and preaching.“Forty volunteers worked on my home for four days,” says a sister.“They even gave it a coat of paint! All of this impressed those in my family who are not Jehovah's Witnesses. One has since started studying.”
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
They had to change their "this generation" teaching. Making you followers think that the end is coming at any moment makes them do dumb things. They kept their kids out of schools, they sold their homes and quit their jobs because they were told to spend every second and every dollar on going door to door and full time ministry work. Its crazy the control this group has over its members.
A lot of these JWs have been in for a long time and have family in and all their friends are JWs and if they don't do exactly what they are told to do then they will be kicked out and shunned. Non of their family or friends can even talk to them. Its a way to threaten their members into not leaving.
Its a dangerous cult. Anyone that has any interest in joining these people you need to do a little research on their history and don't believe what they tell you because they just repeat what they are told.
This is absolutely incorrect.....I have been one of Jehovah's Witnesses for over 40 years and can unequivocly say what you say is not true!

Rumors are carried by haters
Spread by fools
And accepted by idiots

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I could say "Touche," but I wouldn't mean it. I was obviously referring to "courageeous" Noah's flood and no other.
Do you find it at all interesting how difficult it is to get one from the faithful flocks to consider the Burckle event?

I find it interesting that so many of the faithful have no clue what rational, logical thought processes are.... But I digress...

I don't think the Burckle event is where our flood myths come from... I think there is good evidence of a 30 degree crustal shift around 20,000 years ago... As hypothesized by Charles Hapgood and supported by Einstein.... I think that is the time frame we see the genetic bottle neck as a time when a shift caused the destruction of 90% or more of human kind. No other explanation I have studied explains the speed of the melt of the Ice Age and why the North Polar Ice Cap only seems to have been over North America and not northern Europe at the same latitude ...

The Flooding, Tsunami's and Sea Rise if Hapgood was correct would have happened several times as huge lakes would form in the mile to 2 mile thick ice cap once moved to a 30 degree more southern latitude... As Ice dams broke these lakes would empty giving us flash carved land features such as the Bad Land and other wash features as the water headed for the sea... Dump a lake with the water of 20 to 30 Lake Michigan's into the world oceans and you have cities under water over night...

That scenario explains the mythologies, structures around the globe along with why we find maps that show Antarctica shore lines as Ice Free, flash frozen animals around the arctic polar regions, and speed of the North American Ice Sheet melt.... It also explains why there is a fascination during the early megalithic building period with stellar alignments and specific site placement of structures globally and why those structures used such large stone megaliths for their construction... Also why there are such similar construction techniques by long separated civilizations...

I come up with the 30 deg shift due to the alignment of several structures around the globe that produce a equatorial line that is 30 deg from our equator of today... I would suggest that survivors of such a shift from a previous global civilization would as soon as possible set about trying to make sense of what had happened and remap the planet using known base lines from before the event and attempting to re-establish civilization and passing along knowledge to other survivors... Most of whom would have reverted to stone aged hunter gathering bands within a generation of such an event...
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

-NEPHILIM- wrote:
<quoted text>
See, the JWs print stories like these in their publications just to make themselves look good. I did volunteer work when I was 14 years old when Hurricane Andrew blew in in South Florida. We got a few truck loads of supplies and building materials and went down to help. All we did was go to the houses that were fellow JWs and fix their house. There would be other people who lived there that would ask us for help, offer to pay us and pretty much just beg us to help put a tarp over their house so all their belongings wouldn't be destroyed. We were told not to help anyone that were not a baptized JW because we had to set a good witness on how we take care of our own.
I was 14 and I thought that was really selfish. It wouldn't have taken us a few minutes to help nail a tarp down or let someone use a ladder real quick to save their house but because they were not the same religion we were not allowed to help. Anytime you see the JWs bragging about helping out in disasters they only help themselves. It was like we thought we were better than the other people and they just needed to get their own church out there to fix it because we weren't helping.
Your post name says it all....Anyone who wants can research the name NEPHILIM. And it would be a good idea to look up the term APOSTATE!
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

United States: During August and September 2004, the state of Florida was pounded by four hurricanes: Charley, Frances, Ivan, and Jeanne. More than 4,300 homes of brothers and at least ten Kingdom Halls were damaged. In the aftermath, the chairman of Florida’s Emergency Operations Committee (EOC) checked to ensure that EOC supplies were being properly used. He said that no other group was as well organized as Jehovah’s Witnesses were. He told the relief committee that they could have whatever supplies they needed.
One congregation had been temporarily using a building that they rented for $50 a meeting. But this building also suffered damage when the first hurricane hit. Men were hired to make repairs, but they did not finish the work. Offering their services to the owners, the brothers received approval and promptly completed the job. In return, the owners waived the rent for three months.
the man

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

awesome
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

For anyone who does not know the word NEPHILIM are giants born to demons who cohabited with human women.
Increased Wickedness.“The mighty ones who were of old, the men of fame” that were produced by these marriages, were not men of fame with God, for they did not survive the Flood, as did Noah and his family. They were “Nephilim,” bullies, tyrants, who no doubt helped to make conditions worse. Their angelic fathers, knowing the construction of the human body and being able to materialize, were not creating life, but lived in these human bodies and, cohabiting with women, brought forth children. Their children,“mighty ones,” were therefore unauthorized hybrids. Apparently the Nephilim did not, in turn, have children.
The NEPHILIM are in reality ofspring of Satan!
That explains why they attack Jehovah's Witnesses!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
For anyone who does not know the word NEPHILIM are giants born to demons who cohabited with human women.
Increased Wickedness.“The mighty ones who were of old, the men of fame” that were produced by these marriages, were not men of fame with God, for they did not survive the Flood, as did Noah and his family. They were “Nephilim,” bullies, tyrants, who no doubt helped to make conditions worse. Their angelic fathers, knowing the construction of the human body and being able to materialize, were not creating life, but lived in these human bodies and, cohabiting with women, brought forth children. Their children,“mighty ones,” were therefore unauthorized hybrids. Apparently the Nephilim did not, in turn, have children.
The NEPHILIM are in reality ofspring of Satan!
That explains why they attack Jehovah's Witnesses!
"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 91,601 - 91,620 of127,986
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 8 min Jay 144,899
Lasha Hoskins (Jun '09) 1 hr dlp 8
Becky and Richard hicks 1 hr Hater 1
I have nothing to say.. 2 hr Chris Caldwell 1
Ssi cuts foodstamps badly ! (Jan '13) 2 hr Dude 82
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 2 hr NO NO 81,552
blackberry's 3 hr Blackberry 6
KC Basketball Coach 8 hr KC Fan 55
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 16 hr Fillus 382