Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,062

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
well

Hyden, KY

#95811 Mar 7, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>(1) We always do pray for the lost!
(2) You will meet the Resurrected Lord Jesus, as Everyone will!
At that time you will WANT to see Him, or you will dread it..
IT IS YOUR CHOICE!
(3) We do want you saved... refer to #1
(4) Christians do NOT Kill the non-converted! You've got it wrong!
(5) God is real, and your belief in Him has nothing to do with it!
(6) Knowing God is real, even IF I was not saved... I'd still
tell you about Him, as I'd still want you saved!
Good day :-)
This post would be a lot more rational if you said "I believe god is real." "I believe you will meet the resurected lord" Etc.

Instead, you choose to state your beliefs and assumptions as fact. It is reckless, non constructive and narcissistic to assume your unproven beliefs are correct.

If you had overwhelming evidence to back up all this certainty, it would be justified. Instead of proof, you have only a feeling that you believe the right thing. People from many contradictory religions describe that, and you can't all be right, can you?

You should respect the beliefs of others and let go of that false certainty and sense of superiority.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95812 Mar 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
REMEMBER, JEHOVAH IS WITH US!
John 14:12
We are now privileged to share in the GREATEST WORK ever entrusted to God’s human servants---that of declaring the Kingdom message and making disciples.(Matt.24:14; 28:19,20) We now (in 2011) number 7,224,934 and put in 1,707,094,710 hours and conducted on the average 8,490,746 Bible studies. How grateful we are for Jesus’ matchless example! He “went journeying from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God.”(Luke 8:1) Like him, we need faith and courage in order to preach the Kingdom message. With God’s help, we can be like courageous Noah, an intrepid “preacher of righteousness” to “a world of ungodly people” about to perish in a global deluge.- 2 Peter 2:4,5.
"like courageous Noah?"

Okay. Show me one SHRED of evidence that there was a global flood.
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#95813 Mar 7, 2013
blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....E nglish lit can be so redundant.
where dim gherls at?
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#95814 Mar 7, 2013
MoreLOL wrote:
Hobbies of any kind are boring except to people who have the same hobby. This is also true of religion, although you will not find me saying so in print.
Dave Barry
Hey! diddle, diddle,
The cat and the fiddle,
The cow jumped over the moon;
The little dog laughed
To see such sport,
And the dish ran away with the spoon.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#95815 Mar 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"like courageous Noah?"
Well I will have to jump in and say you have to be more specific... There absolutely was a Flood that did happen Globally and the Evidence is around the globe in the form of cities under several hundred feet of water scattered around the globe....

But the Biblical Story of water covering the earth to the tops of all land masses ... That didn't happen.... But if you were sitting in a nice bungalow on the French coast and a 400 foot tsunami hit and when it settled down the Ocean Level was 100 foot higher in a matter of hours you might think it a Global Flood...
happy

United States

#95817 Mar 7, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Well I will have to jump in and say you have to be more specific... There absolutely was a Flood that did happen Globally and the Evidence is around the globe in the form of cities under several hundred feet of water scattered around the globe....

But the Biblical Story of water covering the earth to the tops of all land masses ... That didn't happen.... But if you were sitting in a nice bungalow on the French coast and a 400 foot tsunami hit and when it settled down the Ocean Level was 100 foot higher in a matter of hours you might think it a Global Flood...
Check out APOLEGETICS... Biology, science, even the DEGREE of how the earth rotates and sits PROVES there is a CREATOR.. It's ok. You can only deny Him for so long. God bless you all. Denial must be a hard place to be.

#95818 Mar 7, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out APOLEGETICS... Biology, science, even the DEGREE of how the earth rotates and sits PROVES there is a CREATOR.. It's ok. You can only deny Him for so long. God bless you all. Denial must be a hard place to be.
"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q

#95819 Mar 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"like courageous Noah?"
Speaking of Water... Another Moment of Zen...

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8...

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#95820 Mar 7, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess your username says it all....ignorance IS bliss eh?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#95821 Mar 7, 2013
The idea that a good God would send people to a burning hell is utterly damnable to me. I don't want to have anything to do with such a God."

—Luther Burbank, interview in San Francisco Bulletin, Jan. 22, 1926
GWB

Roseville, CA

#95822 Mar 7, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot be saved from destruction unless you are person in good standing with Jehovah and baptized member of Jehovah Witnesses. How do you refute that statement?

Organizations that will be destroyed by God.

To keep the list short, all of them with exception Jehovah Witnesses.
Google

Somerset, KY

#95823 Mar 7, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot be saved from destruction unless you are person in good standing with Jehovah and baptized member of Jehovah Witnesses. How do you refute that statement?
Yep and that is the "good news" that the JWs wake you up in the morning to tell you. Their God is going to kill you and all your family if you don't join their cult and this destruction is going to happen at any moment. It doesn't matter how good of a life you live, if you don't join and sell their literature door to door then God will kill you.

Sounds like wonderful news to me.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#95824 Mar 7, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim Jones, Kool aid
Sammywasoo

Campbellsville, KY

#95825 Mar 7, 2013
Peacekeeper,why not teach all religions, ancient and what ever some other gooks have come up with this is insane....

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#95826 Mar 7, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
You cannot be saved from destruction unless you are person in good standing with Jehovah and baptized member of Jehovah Witnesses. How do you refute that statement?...
Well, I refute it by pointing out that you have no evidence to support your statement.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95827 Mar 7, 2013
Google wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep and that is the "good news" that the JWs wake you up in the morning to tell you. Their God is going to kill you and all your family if you don't join their cult and this destruction is going to happen at any moment. It doesn't matter how good of a life you live, if you don't join and sell their literature door to door then God will kill you.
Sounds like wonderful news to me.
Rumors are carried by haters
Spread by fools
And accepted by idiots
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95828 Mar 7, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
CORRECTION: It is correctly spelled Jehovah's Witnesses!
If you knew what you are talking about you would know that!
Blahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95829 Mar 7, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>where dim gherls at?
"noneyabiz."
Blahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95830 Mar 7, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I will have to jump in and say you have to be more specific... There absolutely was a Flood that did happen Globally and the Evidence is around the globe in the form of cities under several hundred feet of water scattered around the globe....
Oh..realllllly....what is that...logic? Really? Well now, that be nice for a change :-).
Blahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95831 Mar 7, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>

Past experience for others would indicate, that theory could actually be more in accordance to which representative of what organization one would be speaking with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min LMAO 5,256
2 good husbands free 17 min Sam I am 2
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 30 min DITCH MITCH 153,832
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 52 min Stay away 1
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 1 hr Seek help 11
Salon perfection 1 hr SH 11
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 3 hr BIG_STEVIE 16,169
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 5 hr Wow 5
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 6 hr Knox co 22
A Rat In Knox County 7 hr True Anon 14
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE