Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
91,541 - 91,560 of 130,536 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Blahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95767 Mar 6, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
What do race and color have to do with it?
In my opinion, all religious beliefs are at some level "freakish".
"Freedom from discrimination — Declaration of civil rights.

(1) The right to be free from discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, honorably discharged veteran or military status, sexual orientation, or the presence of any sensory, mental, or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability is recognized as and declared to be a civil right. This right shall include, but not be limited to...." (quote unquote)

Blahblahblah etc.

Such policies have been around quite some time now, where've YOU been?
Blahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95768 Mar 6, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
"You do not need the government meddling in abstract matters like religion. Schools should teach facts, critical thinking, and objectively measurable skills." wooten ky
Well said, public schools are not here for these westboro christians to spread their hatred.
Nasty-some of those Westboro types.

Extreme is as extreme does.

Spreading hate is NEVER good, no matter the "race, creed or color".
Blahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95769 Mar 6, 2013
Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
What do race and color have to do with it?
In my opinion, all religious beliefs are at some level "freakish".
In my opinion, ANY and all "extremism" is at some level "freakish".

No matter....etc :-).
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#95770 Mar 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"i challenge your church to pray that god lets me see the resurrected christ so that i have the proof needed for me to be saved"
Really???
John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten
Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have
everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but that the world through him may be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him, is not condemned: but he that
believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not
believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the
world, and men have loved darkness rather than light, because
their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither
cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Do you see anything in here that says...
Another person can pray you towards salvation???
Do you see where it says... You donnot realy WANT salvation??
I do, or you'd be on your knees repenting, and ASKING God to clean you of YOUR sins...
When that happens... You WILL have your proof!
I'd love for you to really want salvation, as you'd
be back on here, telling ALL the others...
"God is real, and He is AWESOME!
Just as every other Christian!
wow, wont even give a try will ya? guess u know that prayer isnt answered but to do my challenge will just show just how stupid the bible claims are becuz no matter how many of your ppl pray, i will never see the resurrected christ. but if u were doin your duties as a cjristian u would be tryin to save each and every soul u encounter or kill it when it dont convert. u are just another bible thumping hypocrit i guess.
so true

Morgantown, KY

#95771 Mar 6, 2013
Before you decide to make someone an enemy,

you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way,

you'll be a mile away,

and they will be shoeless.

If
this seems senseless;
then you have gotten my point!

so true

Morgantown, KY

#95772 Mar 6, 2013
Sometimes we feel lost, but we are not really lost and just as we are about to despair, a sign, a light, a smile enter our lives to lift us up.

Every new day holds new opportunities ... to love.

May you feel warm and loved.
Hugs.
Kyova Crime Alert

Broken Arrow, OK

#95773 Mar 6, 2013
Check me ohttp://kentucky.arrests.org/s earch.php?fname=danielle&l name=childers&fpartial=Tru eut!!
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95775 Mar 6, 2013
REMEMBER, JEHOVAH IS WITH US!

John 14:12
We are now privileged to share in the GREATEST WORK ever entrusted to God’s human servants---that of declaring the Kingdom message and making disciples.(Matt.24:14; 28:19,20) We now number 7,224,934 and put in 1,707,094,710 hours and conducted on the average 8,490,746 Bible studies in 2011 alone. How grateful we are for Jesus’ matchless example! He “went journeying from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God.”(Luke 8:1) Like him, we need faith and courage in order to preach the Kingdom message. With God’s help, we can be like courageous Noah, an intrepid “preacher of righteousness” to “a world of ungodly people” about to perish in a global deluge.- 2 Peter 2:4,5.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#95777 Mar 6, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
REMEMBER, JEHOVAH IS WITH US!
John 14:12
We are now privileged to share in the GREATEST WORK ever entrusted to God’s human servants---that of declaring the Kingdom message and making disciples.(Matt.24:14; 28:19,20) We now number 7,224,934 and put in 1,707,094,710 hours and conducted on the average 8,490,746 Bible studies in 2011 alone. How grateful we are for Jesus’ matchless example! He “went journeying from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God.”(Luke 8:1) Like him, we need faith and courage in order to preach the Kingdom message. With God’s help, we can be like courageous Noah, an intrepid “preacher of righteousness” to “a world of ungodly people” about to perish in a global deluge.- 2 Peter 2:4,5.
Than why are there so many innocent children being raped, starved, abused ???
Is that what you worship?
WhattheBibleCant each

Somerset, KY

#95778 Mar 6, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, wont even give a try will ya? guess u know that prayer isnt answered but to do my challenge will just show just how stupid the bible claims are becuz no matter how many of your ppl pray, i will never see the resurrected christ. but if u were doin your duties as a cjristian u would be tryin to save each and every soul u encounter or kill it when it dont convert. u are just another bible thumping hypocrit i guess.
"A certain man was going down the lonely road from Jerusalem to Jericho; and he fell among robbers, who stripped him of all that he had and beat him; and then went away, leaving him almost dead. It happened that a certain priest was going down that road; and when he saw the man lying there, he passed by on the other side. And a Levite, also, when he came to the place, and saw the man, he too went by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he was going down, came where this man was; and as soon as he saw him, he felt a pity for him. He came to the man, and dressed his wounds, pouring oil and wine into them. Then he lifted him up, and set him on his own beast of burden, and walked beside him to an inn. There he took care of him all night; and the next morning he took out from his purse two shillings, and gave them to the keeper of the inn, and said:'Take care of him; and if you need to spend more than this, do so; and when I come again I will pay it to you.'"

"Which one of these three, do you think, showed himself a neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?"
The scribe said: "The one who showed mercy on him."
Then Jesus said to him: "Go and do thou likewise."

By this parable, Jesus showed that "our neighbor" is the one who needs the help that we can give him, whoever they may be.
----------

"A man fell victim to robbers as he went down from Jerusalem to Jericho. They stripped him and beat him and went off leaving him half-dead." Then Jesus described the actions of three men who passed the injured man. The first man was a priest. When he saw the man, he crossed the road and ignored him. The next man was a Levite. He, too, chose to cross to the other side of the road and continue on his way. But the third man was a Samaritan.

The Samaritans and the Jews have hated each other for centuries. Jesus knew the people were probably expecting the Samaritan in the story to cross the road as well. Jesus continued his story. "But a Samaritan traveler who came upon him was moved with compassion at the sight. He approached the victim, poured oil and wine over his wounds and bandaged them. Then he lifted him up on his own animal, took him to an inn and cared for him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper with the instruction,'Take care of him. If you spend more than what I have given you, I shall repay you on my way back.'"

Then Jesus looked into the man's eyes and asked him,“Which of these three, in your opinion, was neighbor to the robbers’ victim?" The man said plainly, "The one who treated him with mercy." Then Jesus said, "Go and do likewise."

The parable of "The Good Samaritan, aka the Good Shepherd."
harpocrates

Winchester, KY

#95779 Mar 6, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Than why are there so many innocent children being raped, starved, abused ???
http://www.silentlambs.org/answers/23720.cfm
WhattheBibleCant each

Somerset, KY

#95780 Mar 6, 2013
Jonah and the Whale is a famous Biblical story, read and celebrated by Christians, Jews and Muslims. During the story, Jonah (or Yunus as he is known in Islam), is called to board a ship to preach to the people of Nineveh. Since Jonah is reluctant to answer The Call, God sends a storm to test Jonah's faith. Jonah is tossed overboard and spends several days in a whale, trying to hide from God; however, he finds he cannot hide.

This story is often told as a lesson in recognizing tests of faith, and is traditionally read by Jews on Yom Kippur.
WhattheBibleCant each

Somerset, KY

#95781 Mar 6, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Than why are there so many innocent children being raped, starved, abused ???
Most likely, because the people around them weren't taught any better.
harpocrates

Winchester, KY

#95782 Mar 6, 2013
WhattheBibleCanteach wrote:
<quoted text>
"A certain man was going down the lonely road from Jerusalem to Jericho; and he fell among robbers, who stripped him of all that he had and beat him; and then went away, leaving him almost dead. It happened that a certain priest was going down that road; and when he saw the man lying there, he passed by on the other side. And a Levite, also, when he came to the place, and saw the man, he too went by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he was going down, came where this man was; and as soon as he saw him, he felt a pity for him. He came to the man, and dressed his wounds, pouring oil and wine into them. Then he lifted him up, and set him on his own beast of burden, and walked beside him to an inn. There he took care of him all night; and the next morning he took out from his purse two shillings, and gave them to the keeper of the inn, and said:'Take care of him; and if you need to spend more than this, do so; and when I come again I will pay it to you.'"
"Which one of these three, do you think, showed himself a neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?"
The scribe said: "The one who showed mercy on him."
Then Jesus said to him: "Go and do thou likewise."
By this parable, Jesus showed that "our neighbor" is the one who needs the help that we can give him, whoever they may be.
----------
"A man fell victim to robbers as he went down from Jerusalem to Jericho. They stripped him and beat him and went off leaving him half-dead." Then Jesus described the actions of three men who passed the injured man. The first man was a priest. When he saw the man, he crossed the road and ignored him. The next man was a Levite. He, too, chose to cross to the other side of the road and continue on his way. But the third man was a Samaritan.
The Samaritans and the Jews have hated each other for centuries. Jesus knew the people were probably expecting the Samaritan in the story to cross the road as well. Jesus continued his story. "But a Samaritan traveler who came upon him was moved with compassion at the sight. He approached the victim, poured oil and wine over his wounds and bandaged them. Then he lifted him up on his own animal, took him to an inn and cared for him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper with the instruction,'Take care of him. If you spend more than what I have given you, I shall repay you on my way back.'"
Then Jesus looked into the man's eyes and asked him,“Which of these three, in your opinion, was neighbor to the robbers’ victim?" The man said plainly, "The one who treated him with mercy." Then Jesus said, "Go and do likewise."
The parable of "The Good Samaritan, aka the Good Shepherd."
jehovah is not the name.

mark of the beast is idolatry

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...

mark of the living ONE

Eze 9:4
And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
WhattheBibleCant each

Somerset, KY

#95783 Mar 6, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>jehovah is not the name.
mark of the beast is idolatry
mark of the living ONE
Eze 9:4
And the LORD said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.
And what you posted teaches morality and decency towards others how?
harpocrates

Winchester, KY

#95784 Mar 6, 2013
WhattheBibleCanteach wrote:
<quoted text>
And what you posted teaches morality and decency towards others how?
idolatry is not considered moral by anyone but the profane.

he who wishes to be greatest must be servant to all.

thus he who wishes to be greatest does not recognize any difference between self and other self.

it's called the LAW of ONE by some.

jehovah is not the name.

imagine an infinite number of tongues all describing the same ONE in their own language and from differing cultures, or points in space/time.

babel

rev 8:1

Psalm 40:7
Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,

Hebrews 10:7
Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
Blahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95785 Mar 6, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>idolatry is not considered moral by anyone but the profane.
he who wishes to be greatest must be servant to all.
thus he who wishes to be greatest does not recognize any difference between self and other self.
it's called the LAW of ONE by some.
jehovah is not the name.
imagine an infinite number of tongues all describing the same ONE in their own language and from differing cultures, or points in space/time.
babel
rev 8:1
Psalm 40:7
Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,
Hebrews 10:7
Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.
The idoltry thing is comprehendable...idle hands, devils playground, or did you mean idoltry as in-
“Rationalists are admirable beings, rationalism is a hideous monster when it claims for itself omnipotence. Attribution of omnipotence to reason is as bad a piece of idolatry as is worship of stock and stone believing it to be God. I plead not for the suppression of reason, but for a due recognition of that in us which sanctifies reason.”(Ghandi)
or
“Science can purify religion from error and superstition. Religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes.”(Pope JP II)
But the rest...Maybe next time try it en Englais?(or did you mean to say, see how the same story sometimes actually exists through out MANY "different religions"?) therefore not actually being as "babelish" as such may seem?
Bueller, Fenris anyone?
harpocrates

Winchester, KY

#95786 Mar 6, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
The idoltry thing is comprehendable...idle hands, devils playground, or did you mean idoltry as in-
“Rationalists are admirable beings, rationalism is a hideous monster when it claims for itself omnipotence. Attribution of omnipotence to reason is as bad a piece of idolatry as is worship of stock and stone believing it to be God. I plead not for the suppression of reason, but for a due recognition of that in us which sanctifies reason.”(Ghandi)
or
“Science can purify religion from error and superstition. Religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes.”(Pope JP II)
But the rest...Maybe next time try it en Englais?(or did you mean to say, see how the same story sometimes actually exists through out MANY "different religions"?) therefore not actually being as "babelish" as such may seem?
Bueller, Fenris anyone?
idolatry as in worshiping the beast, the abomination that causes desolation, spoken by daniel.

what was it said in the reveal?

Revelation 10:11
And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

romans 1: 22-23
22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man,

Daniel 7:11
I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Acts 7:42
Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness?

Revelation 5:6
And I beheld, and, lo, in the midst of the throne and of the four beasts, and in the midst of the elders, stood a Lamb as it had been slain, having seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven Spirits of God sent forth into all the earth.

it was given that it would come like a thief in the night

2 Peter 3:10
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

i require mercy and not sacrifice

isaiah 66

3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

4 I also will choose their delusions, and will bring their fears upon them; because when I called, none did answer; when I spake, they did not hear: but they did evil before mine eyes, and chose that in which I delighted not.

5 Hear the word of the Lord, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed.

6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemies.

7 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
harpocrates

Winchester, KY

#95787 Mar 6, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
or
Bueller, Fenris anyone?
kiss me judas

your kiss is cosmic

i'm ready to go into the light coming out of the dark

Psalm 112:4
Unto the upright there ariseth light in the darkness: he is gracious, and full of compassion, and righteous.
harpocrates

Winchester, KY

#95788 Mar 6, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion, ANY and all "extremism" is at some level "freakish".
No matter....etc :-).
everyone has a darkside

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

could you be a devil?
could you be an angel?

Revelation 12:12
Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Matthew 3:12
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Luke 3:17
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and will gather the wheat into his garner; but the chaff he will burn with fire unquenchable.

behold i come like a thief blessed is he who stays awake, lest he go naked and they see his shame.

want to be a victim
ready for abduction

Psalm 97:4
His lightnings enlightened the world: the earth saw, and trembled.

i'll be there when you vibrate

2 Peter 3:7
But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

this is transcendental
on another level

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 36 min Buzz Brain 1,455
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr Owl 81,598
Secret Mitch McConnell Recording 3 hr turtle chin 4
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 5 hr SLY WEST 3,493
laptops 5 hr travis 3
New club in Barbourville? 5 hr Yea right 46
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 hr Limbertwig 151,261
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 14 hr Girl 40
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••