Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
91,521 - 91,540 of 130,550 Comments Last updated 4 hrs ago
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#95747 Mar 6, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I ACCUSE the christian cult of ignoring the inconvenient parts of the bible and cherry picking the parts that elevate them above others
In case you missed this!
John
3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten
Son, that whoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have
everlasting life.
3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the
world, but that the world through him may be saved.
3:18 He that believeth on him, is not condemned: but he that
believeth not, is condemned already, because he hath not
believed in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
3:19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the
world, and men have loved darkness rather than light, because
their deeds were evil.
3:20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither
cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
I believe in Christ...
If that places me above you... so be it!
But I tell you this... I was where you are, and
IF you want to STAY where you are... Not my fault..
It's YOUR's
Good day!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#95748 Mar 6, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Did you hear that Medical SCIENCE has cured a child with HIV? Yep science one prayer zero
Tisk tisk!
God has cured way more than any doctors...
Search for it!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#95749 Mar 6, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Death does frighten you. In your gut, you know it.
Why else the need to believe you will live forever?
<quoted text>
And there it is. The desire for martyrdom.
The true mark of a delusional religious fanatic.
<quoted text>
And if your "god" told you to kill your family and then shoot yourself, you would do it because "it will be better afterwards."
You are mentally ill. Please get treatment before you decide to prove how much you love your "god."
<quoted text>
I am not concerned. There is no "god" or "devil," no "heaven" or "hell."
You are correct about one thing though....I THINK, not believe.
Whatever you want to Believe!
I know the Truth!
Good day!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95750 Mar 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever you want to Believe!
I know the Truth!
Good day!
I Believe!
I Believe you are psychotic.
Google

Somerset, KY

#95751 Mar 6, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
If there's JW's showing up at your door wanting to socialize, and you don't wish to partake, it's real simple. All anyone has to say is no thank you, I'm Catholic (Baptist, Jewish, atheist, whatever) but thank you for the reading material, let you know if I'm interested, have a nice day.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist.
I don't care about the adults in the cult, they knew what was going on when they decide to join. My problem with them are about the children who never got a choice. When you tell a child they will never get to grow old because God is going to kill 99% of the population, and you don't allow your child to attend school because an education isn't needed in God's new world and you let your children hang around pedophiles because your leaders didn't think you needed to know about them then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the harm it causes children.

You guys can drink Jesus blood and eat Jesus steak all day, just don't hurt the kids while you do it.
Google

Somerset, KY

#95752 Mar 6, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Tisk tisk!
God has cured way more than any doctors...
Search for it!
God is pretty good at healing bad backs and demon possessions, not so much with amputees or any well documented health problem.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#95753 Mar 6, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Lmao, religies can't stand being the only idiots in the room, they want everyone to have a belief, tooooo funny.
... We Want you live...
Go figure!
Google

Somerset, KY

#95754 Mar 6, 2013
Google wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care about the adults in the cult, they knew what was going on when they decide to join. My problem with them are about the children who never got a choice. When you tell a child they will never get to grow old because God is going to kill 99% of the population, and you don't allow your child to attend school because an education isn't needed in God's new world and you let your children hang around pedophiles because your leaders didn't think you needed to know about them then it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the harm it causes children.
You guys can drink Jesus blood and eat Jesus steak all day, just don't hurt the kids while you do it.
Oh and I forgot, the JWs take the "do not eat blood" scripture to heart and refuse blood transfusions. If a child is hurt and blood is needed to save their life then the child dies because the parents will not allow that to happen. They pray, they always do and the child dies and they just say that was God's will and go on. I consider that murder but then again, I'm no rocket scientist.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#95755 Mar 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I Believe!
I Believe you are psychotic.
Hold that thought!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95756 Mar 6, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>... We Want you live...
Go figure!
Okay. I figure you are psychotic.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#95757 Mar 6, 2013
Kermit Gosnell
Baby Killer!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-575723...

He's made Millions Killing Babies...
I guess Planned Parenthood got tired of the competition...
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#95758 Mar 6, 2013
You all have a great day :-)
Blahblahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95759 Mar 6, 2013
Google wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO and WHAT are you even even ranting about?

Sorry-YOUR post is just WAY too "out there" to even try and make the fist bit of sense out of.

Talk about Extremely psycho sounding....
Blahblahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95760 Mar 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay. I figure you are psychotic.
So is this projectional freaky crap. WTH?
Google wrote:
<quoted text>
Blahblahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95761 Mar 6, 2013
Google wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh and I forgot, the JWs take the "do not eat blood" scripture to heart and refuse blood transfusions. If a child is hurt and blood is needed to save their life then the child dies because the parents will not allow that to happen. They pray, they always do and the child dies and they just say that was God's will and go on. I consider that murder but then again, I'm no rocket scientist.
If you been hanging around ppl reading stuff to you like that (no matter the race, creed Or color) YOU might need to slam the door in the faces of!

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that's some freakish type stuff too-no matter the race, creed or color!

Ewe.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#95762 Mar 6, 2013
Google wrote:
<quoted text>
... They pray, they always do and the child dies and they just say that was God's will and go on. I consider that murder but then again, I'm no rocket scientist.
Well, maybe not "murder". But it certainly falls in the manslaughter arena./nit picking

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#95763 Mar 6, 2013
Blahblahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
If you been hanging around ppl reading stuff to you like that (no matter the race, creed Or color) YOU might need to slam the door in the faces of!
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that's some freakish type stuff too-no matter the race, creed or color!
Ewe.
What do race and color have to do with it?
In my opinion, all religious beliefs are at some level "freakish".
Truth

Russell Springs, KY

#95764 Mar 6, 2013
NAH wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not want my tax dollars propagating religion, I say this as a God fearing person. Christianity today, the koran tomorrow, no thanks. Let good parents do their job it will give their children an advantage like no other.
You can never have too much God or Bible! And as far as I am concerned, tax dollars could not be spent in any better way! Btw this is a GOD fearing individual as well!
well

Hyden, KY

#95765 Mar 6, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>You can never have too much God or Bible! And as far as I am concerned, tax dollars could not be spent in any better way! Btw this is a GOD fearing individual as well!
That's you wanting your subjective beliefs on the masses then, with no proof of any kind.

We are a diverse nation and people do not need to worry about their children being taught someone else's religion in school. Class time is limited and our education system is already behind. Wasting school ours on evangelism is foolish.

You do not need the government meddling in abstract matters like religion. Schools should teach facts, critical thinking, and objectively measurable skills.

Parents should handle religious subjects at home or church. You should not need the nanny state to help you with that.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#95766 Mar 6, 2013
"You do not need the government meddling in abstract matters like religion. Schools should teach facts, critical thinking, and objectively measurable skills." wooten ky

Well said, public schools are not here for these westboro christians to spread their hatred.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 27 min nope 1,578
Kevin Disney Central Elementary School 38 min agree 6
knox board of ed raising taxes 55 min I know 2
The Audit 1 hr gluesniffer for T... 27
Mayor. And school board candidates slinging Mud... 1 hr Humm 31
union college 1 hr gator 5
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Cornelius Scudmister 151,291
2012 Ginseng Prices (Oct '12) 15 hr RobertB 120
•••

Flash Flood Watch for Knox County was issued at August 30 at 8:24PM EDT

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search