Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,576)

Showing posts 91,501 - 91,520 of122,586
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>what comes around, goes around.
Karma Ghia on an icy curve.

harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>tends to be all one sided.
and the mobius band played on
round and round it goes.
Fundamentalist trinity blowing "Row Your Boat" on single Kline jug. One sided, or mo biased?
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>where it began, nobody knows
Most nobodies say 6,000 years ago near the Persian Gulf.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>the problem for the observer is that he/she focuses solely on the form. all formulations share an intrinsic quality. it's called energy.
so all things manifest from that ONE thing. energy cannot be created. energy cannot be destroyed. energy simply changes form.
all forms are relative to energy, expressed as the theory of relativity.
e = m(c*c)
relativity means relative as in related.
http://etymonline.com/index.php...
I take it back, you clearly do operate on a HIGH-er level that us mere mortals.

Seriously though, what in Zeus's beard does this have to do with anything?
harpocrates

Rockholds, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Skeptical Spectacles wrote:
<quoted text>
I take it back, you clearly do operate on a HIGH-er level that us mere mortals.
Seriously though, what in Zeus's beard does this have to do with anything?
ad hominems don't make a case or destroy anothers.

simply stating "wrong" and "incorrect" doesn't either.

poisoning the well doesn't either.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Lmao, religies can't stand being the only idiots in the room, they want everyone to have a belief, tooooo funny.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>ad hominems don't make a case or destroy anothers.
simply stating "wrong" and "incorrect" doesn't either.
poisoning the well doesn't either.
What about deflection? Distraction? Or peddling hokum?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Or just flat out spewing bull excrement?
harpocrates

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

LOL in a suit wrote:
Or just flat out spewing bull excrement?
a goat with a bull excrement problem. thats an interesting conundrum

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Yes, medical science has come along way and has it's meaningful benefits. My belief is that God blesses those working to find cures with the knowledge needed if they seek his guidance.
harpocrates

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Yes, medical science has come along way and has it's meaningful benefits. My belief is that God blesses those working to find cures with the knowledge needed if they seek his guidance.
why do you worship the image of the beast that was slain from the foundation of the world?

isn't idolatry forbidden, or an abomination, in your cult?

1 John 5:21
Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Matthew 24:15
When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place,(whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Mark 13:14
But when ye shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing where it ought not,(let him that readeth understand,) then let them that be in Judaea flee to the mountains:

Daniel 7:11
I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.

Acts 7:42
Then God turned, and gave them up to worship the host of heaven; as it is written in the book of the prophets, O ye house of Israel, have ye offered to me slain beasts and sacrifices by the space of forty years in the wilderness?

Ecclesiastes 3:18
I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
Blahblahblah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
And what do we learn from this, Blahs and girls? "Yep science one prayer zero" - SP
Cool...sounds very (very!) similar to muh own philosophy (and background)lol.

Thx Chromi!
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
guess that explains why most scientist are atheist then. thanks. does god give the criminals the knowledge they possess as well? and if u say the devil does that, then where does the devil get his knowledge from? wouldnt that be the same god that created everything that gave the devil the knowledge that he has too?
Blahblahblah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
guess that explains why most scientist are atheist then. thanks. does god give the criminals the knowledge they possess as well? and if u say the devil does that, then where does the devil get his knowledge from? wouldnt that be the same god that created everything that gave the devil the knowledge that he has too?
Most evolved non-church attending former Catholics (such as the most recent scientist we have been discussing today)-are FAR FAR from being anything "atheist"!

Science usually has a much greater respect for humanity than that.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

The Holy Spirit (aka watchtower) does make mistakes now and then. A test of time allows for corrections to be made for failed predictions.

Following the death of Charles Taze Russell (1916), the Watchtower Society's founder, a bitter struggle began over the organization's leadership.

In 1917, Joseph Franklin Rutherford was elected as the new president. Rutherford immediately began introducing modifications in Russell's teachings in order to bring them into accord with his own theological opinions.

In 1920 the Watchtower Society published Millions Now Living Will Never Die, a book authored by Rutherford.2 It prophesied that many Hebrew Bible characters would be raised to life in 1925. These resurrected individuals would then rule the earth.

Some people living on Earth in 1914 who accepted the Watchtower Society's beliefs would never die. The prophecy failed. But, what of the promise that "Millions now living will never die"? The Society contends..........

to read more:

http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/index.php...
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

www.jw.org
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
The Holy Spirit (aka watchtower) does make mistakes now and then. A test of time allows for corrections to be made for failed predictions.
Following the death of Charles Taze Russell (1916), the Watchtower Society's founder, a bitter struggle began over the organization's leadership.
In 1917, Joseph Franklin Rutherford was elected as the new president. Rutherford immediately began introducing modifications in Russell's teachings in order to bring them into accord with his own theological opinions.
In 1920 the Watchtower Society published Millions Now Living Will Never Die, a book authored by Rutherford.2 It prophesied that many Hebrew Bible characters would be raised to life in 1925. These resurrected individuals would then rule the earth.
Some people living on Earth in 1914 who accepted the Watchtower Society's beliefs would never die. The prophecy failed. But, what of the promise that "Millions now living will never die"? The Society contends..........
to read more:
http://www.jewsforjudaism.org/index.php...
I would guess if someone asked you to introduce them to the true religion you would be glad to oblige?

I'm waiting!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I would guess if someone asked you to introduce them to the true religion you would be glad to oblige?
I'm waiting!
No such thing as a True Religion...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

We've already had this conversation.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No such thing as a True Religion...
As you may know, some have used religion for commercial purposes. Others have used it to further their political ends or to get rich at the expense of the poor. How do you think such religious profiteers react when a true witness about God is given? Obviously, they feel threatened. That is one reason why you may hear some speak evil of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Whatever the cost, Jehovah’s Witnesses adhere closely to the Bible. They have not invented a new religion. They merely follow what is written in the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospel, which is the foundation of true religion.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
As you may know, some have used religion for commercial purposes. Others have used it to further their political ends or to get rich at the expense of the poor. How do you think such religious profiteers react when a true witness about God is given? Obviously, they feel threatened. That is one reason why you may hear some speak evil of Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Whatever the cost, Jehovah’s Witnesses adhere closely to the Bible. They have not invented a new religion. They merely follow what is written in the Torah, the Psalms, and the Gospel, which is the foundation of true religion.
There is no True Religion...
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

I really don't know what to think. What about it Glasgow? What is your opinion?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 91,501 - 91,520 of122,586
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

96 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Mayor files lawsuit against six council members 6 min love4ky 153
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Calvin_Coolish 138,374
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 15 min Anne52 81,185
Knox Central softball 51 min her peas 4
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 1 hr holland 13
Larry dye and Amy dye 3 hr haha 15
Prositute Wendy mills creek 3 hr pleeese 4
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 16 at 5:55PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs