Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156562 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#95799 Mar 7, 2013
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You can never have too much God or Bible! And as far as I am concerned, tax dollars could not be spent in any better way! Btw this is a GOD fearing individual as well!
Amen!
Great post!
How stupid can you be

Mount Sterling, KY

#95800 Mar 7, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, wont even give a try will ya? guess u know that prayer isnt answered but to do my challenge will just show just how stupid the bible claims are becuz no matter how many of your ppl pray, i will never see the resurrected christ. but if u were doin your duties as a cjristian u would be tryin to save each and every soul u encounter or kill it when it dont convert. u are just another bible thumping hypocrit i guess.
(1) We always do pray for the lost!
(2) You will meet the Resurrected Lord Jesus, as Everyone will!
At that time you will WANT to see Him, or you will dread it..
IT IS YOUR CHOICE!
(3) We do want you saved... refer to #1
(4) Christians do NOT Kill the non-converted! You've got it wrong!
(5) God is real, and your belief in Him has nothing to do with it!
(6) Knowing God is real, even IF I was not saved... I'd still
tell you about Him, as I'd still want you saved!
Good day :-)
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#95801 Mar 7, 2013
WhattheBibleCanteach wrote:
<quoted text>
"A certain man was going down the lonely road from Jerusalem to Jericho; and he fell among robbers, who stripped him of all that he had and beat him; and then went away, leaving him almost dead. It happened that a certain priest was going down that road; and when he saw the man lying there, he passed by on the other side. And a Levite, also, when he came to the place, and saw the man, he too went by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he was going down, came where this man was; and as soon as he saw him, he felt a pity for him. He came to the man, and dressed his wounds, pouring oil and wine into them. Then he lifted him up, and set him on his own beast of burden, and walked beside him to an inn. There he took care of him all night; and the next morning he took out from his purse two shillings, and gave them to the keeper of the inn, and said:'Take care of him; and if you need to spend more than this, do so; and when I come again I will pay it to you.'"
"Which one of these three, do you think, showed himself a neighbor to the man who fell among the robbers?"
The scribe said: "The one who showed mercy on him."
Then Jesus said to him: "Go and do thou likewise."
By this parable, Jesus showed that "our neighbor" is the one who needs the help that we can give him, whoever they may be.
----------
"A man fell victim to robbers as he went down from Jerusalem to Jericho. They stripped him and beat him and went off leaving him half-dead." Then Jesus described the actions of three men who passed the injured man. The first man was a priest. When he saw the man, he crossed the road and ignored him. The next man was a Levite. He, too, chose to cross to the other side of the road and continue on his way. But the third man was a Samaritan.
The Samaritans and the Jews have hated each other for centuries. Jesus knew the people were probably expecting the Samaritan in the story to cross the road as well. Jesus continued his story. "But a Samaritan traveler who came upon him was moved with compassion at the sight. He approached the victim, poured oil and wine over his wounds and bandaged them. Then he lifted him up on his own animal, took him to an inn and cared for him. The next day he took out two silver coins and gave them to the innkeeper with the instruction,'Take care of him. If you spend more than what I have given you, I shall repay you on my way back.'"
Then Jesus looked into the man's eyes and asked him,“Which of these three, in your opinion, was neighbor to the robbers’ victim?" The man said plainly, "The one who treated him with mercy." Then Jesus said, "Go and do likewise."
The parable of "The Good Samaritan, aka the Good Shepherd."
Great post!
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#95802 Mar 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct no one knows exactly how God's name was pronounced in Hebrew but Jehovah is the accepted way in English. You can go into any culture and any language and say the name Jehovah and it is close enough so they know who you are talking about. That is good enough for me! What name do you prefer and use?
the name of names.

tat

ahmi

ehyeh

Revelation 14:1
And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#95803 Mar 7, 2013
Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like PERVERSION, with extreme lacking in comprehension or any REAL truth.
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

where in the world can my lover be?
where in this wonderful world is there someone for me?

Song of Solomon 2:8
The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.
blahblahblah

London, KY

#95804 Mar 7, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>the name of names.
tat
ahmi
ehyeh
Revelation 14:1
And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.
Chaos and the unintelligable belongs to the devil. I prefer not to allow abode for evil. Sorry if that's not what you'd want to hear.

VATICAN CITY, July 16, 2012,( LifeSiteNews.com )- In a homily delivered in the town of Frascati in Italy Sunday, Pope Benedict XVI noted that the Apostles were called by Christ to preach the truth even if people don’t want to hear it.

He said:

Jesus sends them out two by two and gives them instructions.... The first instruction concerns the spirit of detachment: the Apostles must not be attached to money and comforts. Jesus warns the disciples that they will not always receive a favourable welcome: at times they will be rejected, and may also be persecuted. But that should not affect them: they must speak in the name of Jesus and preach the Kingdom of God, without worrying about success. They must leave the outcome in the hands of God.

Reflecting on the reading concerning the prophet Amos, the Holy Father added:“But, whether accepted or rejected, Amos continued to prophesy, preaching what God says and not what people wanted to hear.”

(I also prefer to read the Bible, or ANY book, for myself...but I can "toss the verses around" like anyone else. No big deal there...as that takes ZERO critical thinking).
blahblahblah

London, KY

#95805 Mar 7, 2013
harpocrates wrote:
<quoted text>
20 And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
where in the world can my lover be?
where in this wonderful world is there someone for me?
Song of Solomon 2:8
The voice of my beloved! behold, he cometh leaping upon the mountains, skipping upon the hills.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....E nglish lit can be so redundant.
so true

New Haven, KY

#95806 Mar 7, 2013
The past does not equal the future.
Because you may have failed a moment ago,
all day today,
or for the last six months,
or for the last sixteen years,
or for the last fifty years of your life
doesn't mean anything.
All that matters is
what are you going to do now?"

Such a great one, being able to have more chances..
LOLoftheday

London, KY

#95807 Mar 7, 2013
Did perpetual happiness in the Garden of Eden maybe get so boring that eating the apple was justified?
-Chuck Palahniuk

Life is better than death, I believe, if only because it is less boring, and because it has fresh peaches in it.
Alice Walker

I would never talk just to be social. Now, to sit down with a bunch of engineers and talk about the latest concrete forming systems, that's really interesting. Talking with animal behaviorists or with someone who likes to sail, that's interesting. Information is interesting to me.

But talking for the sake of talking, I find that quite boring.
Temple Grandin

keywords: quote on boring
LOLoftheday

London, KY

#95808 Mar 7, 2013
so true wrote:
The past does not equal the future.
Because you may have failed a moment ago,
all day today,
or for the last six months,
or for the last sixteen years,
or for the last fifty years of your life
doesn't mean anything.
All that matters is
what are you going to do now?"
Such a great one, being able to have more chances..
I like mine own search results better.

MUCH more positive!!!

(And praises above be, for another blessed day to continue to Successfully enjoy on this earth!!)
MoreLOL

London, KY

#95809 Mar 7, 2013
Hobbies of any kind are boring except to people who have the same hobby. This is also true of religion, although you will not find me saying so in print.
Dave Barry
so true

New Haven, KY

#95810 Mar 7, 2013
I do as well.
well

Hyden, KY

#95811 Mar 7, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>(1) We always do pray for the lost!
(2) You will meet the Resurrected Lord Jesus, as Everyone will!
At that time you will WANT to see Him, or you will dread it..
IT IS YOUR CHOICE!
(3) We do want you saved... refer to #1
(4) Christians do NOT Kill the non-converted! You've got it wrong!
(5) God is real, and your belief in Him has nothing to do with it!
(6) Knowing God is real, even IF I was not saved... I'd still
tell you about Him, as I'd still want you saved!
Good day :-)
This post would be a lot more rational if you said "I believe god is real." "I believe you will meet the resurected lord" Etc.

Instead, you choose to state your beliefs and assumptions as fact. It is reckless, non constructive and narcissistic to assume your unproven beliefs are correct.

If you had overwhelming evidence to back up all this certainty, it would be justified. Instead of proof, you have only a feeling that you believe the right thing. People from many contradictory religions describe that, and you can't all be right, can you?

You should respect the beliefs of others and let go of that false certainty and sense of superiority.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95812 Mar 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
REMEMBER, JEHOVAH IS WITH US!
John 14:12
We are now privileged to share in the GREATEST WORK ever entrusted to God’s human servants---that of declaring the Kingdom message and making disciples.(Matt.24:14; 28:19,20) We now (in 2011) number 7,224,934 and put in 1,707,094,710 hours and conducted on the average 8,490,746 Bible studies. How grateful we are for Jesus’ matchless example! He “went journeying from city to city and from village to village, preaching and declaring the good news of the Kingdom of God.”(Luke 8:1) Like him, we need faith and courage in order to preach the Kingdom message. With God’s help, we can be like courageous Noah, an intrepid “preacher of righteousness” to “a world of ungodly people” about to perish in a global deluge.- 2 Peter 2:4,5.
"like courageous Noah?"

Okay. Show me one SHRED of evidence that there was a global flood.
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#95813 Mar 7, 2013
blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....E nglish lit can be so redundant.
where dim gherls at?
harpocrates

Middlesboro, KY

#95814 Mar 7, 2013
MoreLOL wrote:
Hobbies of any kind are boring except to people who have the same hobby. This is also true of religion, although you will not find me saying so in print.
Dave Barry
Hey! diddle, diddle,
The cat and the fiddle,
The cow jumped over the moon;
The little dog laughed
To see such sport,
And the dish ran away with the spoon.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#95815 Mar 7, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"like courageous Noah?"
Okay. Show me one SHRED of evidence that there was a global flood.
Well I will have to jump in and say you have to be more specific... There absolutely was a Flood that did happen Globally and the Evidence is around the globe in the form of cities under several hundred feet of water scattered around the globe....

But the Biblical Story of water covering the earth to the tops of all land masses ... That didn't happen.... But if you were sitting in a nice bungalow on the French coast and a 400 foot tsunami hit and when it settled down the Ocean Level was 100 foot higher in a matter of hours you might think it a Global Flood...
happy

United States

#95817 Mar 7, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Well I will have to jump in and say you have to be more specific... There absolutely was a Flood that did happen Globally and the Evidence is around the globe in the form of cities under several hundred feet of water scattered around the globe....

But the Biblical Story of water covering the earth to the tops of all land masses ... That didn't happen.... But if you were sitting in a nice bungalow on the French coast and a 400 foot tsunami hit and when it settled down the Ocean Level was 100 foot higher in a matter of hours you might think it a Global Flood...
Check out APOLEGETICS... Biology, science, even the DEGREE of how the earth rotates and sits PROVES there is a CREATOR.. It's ok. You can only deny Him for so long. God bless you all. Denial must be a hard place to be.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#95818 Mar 7, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out APOLEGETICS... Biology, science, even the DEGREE of how the earth rotates and sits PROVES there is a CREATOR.. It's ok. You can only deny Him for so long. God bless you all. Denial must be a hard place to be.
"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#95820 Mar 7, 2013
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
Check out APOLEGETICS... Biology, science, even the DEGREE of how the earth rotates and sits PROVES there is a CREATOR.. It's ok. You can only deny Him for so long. God bless you all. Denial must be a hard place to be.
I guess your username says it all....ignorance IS bliss eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy mills take 35 bath pic in bath tub Instagram 4 min shame on you 4
Knox Schools 1 hr just heard 30
Hail trump 1 hr minnie 15
Will Pro Wrestling ever make a Comeback? 4 hr The Specialist 1
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 4 hr Make Knox Great A... 171
Poll Who is the Best Looking Brother? (Sep '08) 5 hr Caul 16
kc 11 hr Cannot play 3

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages