Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
91,381 - 91,400 of 130,625 Comments Last updated 57 min ago
BlahBlahBlah

Somerset, KY

#95604 Mar 4, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
why teach about christ tho? what about all the other gods out there that u are an atheist about? just cuz u dont believe in them dont mean others dont. therefore all religion junk should be left out of anything educational (non-fiction). leave all the lies and hate monger for the sunday services and away from impressionable minds of children who have parents that love them enuf to not brainwash them with jewish mythology or any other mythology. in no way will i allow my child to ever sit in a religious based classroom becuz it is against all that this country was built for. ppl came here to get away from the church control they had to face in europe, study the real history and not the churches lies and u will see some real truth about the world.
The "churches" and the "people of" have been one of the BIGGEST contributors andpreservers to the recorded histories of this Earth, for CENTURIES.

FACT, like it or not.

The Cyrus Cylinder, symbol of Persian tolerance, heads to US

The 2,600 year old Cyrus Cylinder, a promise of tolerance from the ancient Persian King, is heading to the US for the first time.(Peterson, S. CSM. WEB.)3/3/2013

The ancient Cyrus Cylinder is surrounded by cameras at a send-off ceremony to see it travel for the first time to the United States from the British Museum in London on February 19, 2013. One of the most iconic objects of the ancient world and sometimes called the world's first human rights charter, the baked-clay cylinder with cuneiform script is the declaration by the Persian King Cyrus the Great about his peaceful capture of Babylon, and his order that all peoples should be free to return to their lands and worship as they pleased.

"Jesus loves us this we know....."

Like it or NOT.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#95605 Mar 4, 2013
BlahBlahBlah wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think the many civilizations that have wrotten historically were just "lying.making stuff up" about everything that has ever been written?
Do you think 2000 years from now, what future generations may find in places such as the Library of Congress, will be IGNORANTLY be deemed as lies, fantasies, ignorantly dubbed as nothing but fallacies of past civilizations?
Because when you post such nonsense, that is how you sound.
I can write a book about my little town and the bridge over the Cumberland river.... If while writing such a book I mention Invisible flying unicorns that poop glitter, using your view, future historians must conclude that invisible unicorns abound because the town I wrote of exists and the remains of the bridge are found .....

#95606 Mar 4, 2013
BlahBlahBlah wrote:
<quoted text>
The "churches" and the "people of" have been one of the BIGGEST contributors andpreservers to the recorded histories of this Earth, for CENTURIES.
FACT, like it or not.
The 2,600 year old Cyrus Cylinder, a promise of tolerance from the ancient Persian King, is heading to the US for the first time.(Peterson, S. CSM. WEB.)3/3/2013
The ancient Cyrus Cylinder is surrounded by cameras at a send-off ceremony to see it travel for the first time to the United States from the British Museum in London on February 19, 2013. One of the most iconic objects of the ancient world and sometimes called the world's first human rights charter, the baked-clay cylinder with cuneiform script is the declaration by the Persian King Cyrus the Great about his peaceful capture of Babylon, and his order that all peoples should be free to return to their lands and worship as they pleased.
Like it or NOT.
All around Ireland there are Castle Keeps that have been written of, there are tales of individuals and quests... Including fire breathing dragons and sea monsters.... So according to you, simple because we can find those castle keeps and the graves of the individuals we just have to agree "There be Dragons There"...

#95607 Mar 4, 2013
BlahBlahBlah wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT, like it or not.
Like it or NOT.
We have found several 1000 clay tablets in what was Sumeria from a time 4000 years before the Egyptians figured out which end of a goat to milk... These tablets tell us all kinds of stuff and we find many places mentioned in those texts... We find mention on pots and other artifacts that show names and places written in those tablets...

So I guess since those parts are correct I can take for granted Humans were genetically created as workers by space aliens from the planet Niburu to dig gold right?
BlahBlahBlah

Somerset, KY

#95608 Mar 4, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I can write a book about my little town and the bridge over the Cumberland river.... If while writing such a book I mention Invisible flying unicorns that poop glitter, using your view, future historians must conclude that invisible unicorns abound because the town I wrote of exists and the remains of the bridge are found .....
Well heya-heya's some NON denomnational links for ya...since you seem to be having trouble staying focused and on "tract" (bahahahahahaha) of the subject mattah at hand--

http://www.bible-history.com/archaeology/pers...

OR for those whho have trouble fathoming that "faith AND Science, CAN and often DO-go hand in hand"

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Cyr...
(quoted below)

The Cyrus Cylinder (c.539-530 B.C.E.) is an ancient artifact consisting of a declaration of religious reform issued by the emperor Cyrus II (the Great), the founder and ruler of the Persian Empire, and inscribed in Babylonian (Akkadian) cuneiform on a clay cylinder. It was discovered in 1879 by the Assyro-British archaeologist Hormuzd Rassam in the foundations of the Esagila (i.e., the Marduk temple of Babylon) and is kept today in the British Museum in London.[1]

The Cyrus Cylinder is among the most significant ancient texts to provide independent support of the historicity of one of the central events of biblical history: the return of the Jews to Jerusalem under the sponsorship of Cyrus the Great to rebuild the Temple. While Cyrus credited the inspiration of the Babylonian deity Marduk for his policy of religious reforms and restoration of the temples of lesser local deities to their "eternal abodes," the Bible sees Cyrus as the agent of the Hebrew God Yahweh. The Book of Chronicles even quotes a supposed edict of Cyrus in which the king names Yahweh rather than Marduk as inspiring his actions. The Book of Isaiah, however, specifically mentions that Cyrus did not acknowledge Yahweh, yet refers to Cyrus as a "Messiah"—God's anointed—called by name by God to achieve a great destiny.

Because of its commitment to religious tolerance and its policy of ending some forms of forced labor, the Cyrus Cylinder has sometimes been described as the "first charter of human rights," although it reflects a long tradition in Mesopotamia where kings began their reigns with declarations of reforms.[2]

Notice how they all contain pert near the same information....

#95609 Mar 4, 2013
BlahBlahBlah wrote:
<quoted text>
Well heya-heya's some NON denomnational links for ya...since you seem to be having trouble staying focused and on "tract" (bahahahahahaha) of the subject mattah at hand--
http://www.bible-history.com/archaeology/pers...
OR for those whho have trouble fathoming that "faith AND Science, CAN and often DO-go hand in hand"
http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Cyr...
(quoted below)
The Cyrus Cylinder (c.539-530 B.C.E.) is an ancient artifact consisting of a declaration of religious reform issued by the emperor Cyrus II (the Great), the founder and ruler of the Persian Empire, and inscribed in Babylonian (Akkadian) cuneiform on a clay cylinder. It was discovered in 1879 by the Assyro-British archaeologist Hormuzd Rassam in the foundations of the Esagila (i.e., the Marduk temple of Babylon) and is kept today in the British Museum in London.[1]
The Cyrus Cylinder is among the most significant ancient texts to provide independent support of the historicity of one of the central events of biblical history: the return of the Jews to Jerusalem under the sponsorship of Cyrus the Great to rebuild the Temple. While Cyrus credited the inspiration of the Babylonian deity Marduk for his policy of religious reforms and restoration of the temples of lesser local deities to their "eternal abodes," the Bible sees Cyrus as the agent of the Hebrew God Yahweh. The Book of Chronicles even quotes a supposed edict of Cyrus in which the king names Yahweh rather than Marduk as inspiring his actions. The Book of Isaiah, however, specifically mentions that Cyrus did not acknowledge Yahweh, yet refers to Cyrus as a "Messiah"—God's anointed—called by name by God to achieve a great destiny.
Because of its commitment to religious tolerance and its policy of ending some forms of forced labor, the Cyrus Cylinder has sometimes been described as the "first charter of human rights," although it reflects a long tradition in Mesopotamia where kings began their reigns with declarations of reforms.[2]
Notice how they all contain pert near the same information....
And again... So what.... I can find a dozen books that speak of places and people that exist... I don't automatically say that magic dragons flamed the country side because those books mentioned names points in greater Britteny .... I can give you 20 plus links to writings of Greek towns, cities and people that also mention Zeus, Apollo and a Demigod on a flying horse... Using your reasoning because those places in those writings exist then Mount Olympus actually was filled with assorted Gods....
BlahBlahBlah

Somerset, KY

#95610 Mar 4, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And again... So what.... I can find a dozen books that speak of places and people that exist... I don't automatically say that magic dragons flamed the country side because those books mentioned names points in greater Britteny .... I can give you 20 plus links to writings of Greek towns, cities and people that also mention Zeus, Apollo and a Demigod on a flying horse... Using your reasoning because those places in those writings exist then Mount Olympus actually was filled with assorted Gods....
It helps to be able to discern the possible realities, often scientifically studied, from imaginary, ignorant depictions based on nothing but ones own merely CONdescending, self serving opinion.

(And Greek Mythology has been historically pretty clear in descriptives, that such things in which may have been "believed" upon, were not necessarily tangibly "seen".)

Quite trying to DUHM everything down to mere "black and white" just to try ad insult others intelligence to gratify yourself--because that is NOT reality. Even idiots realize, there's a whole big, spectrum of OTHER colors in between.
BlahBlahBlah

Somerset, KY

#95611 Mar 4, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
We have found several 1000 clay tablets in what was Sumeria from a time 4000 years before the Egyptians figured out which end of a goat to milk... These tablets tell us all kinds of stuff and we find many places mentioned in those texts... We find mention on pots and other artifacts that show names and places written in those tablets...
So I guess since those parts are correct I can take for granted Humans were genetically created as workers by space aliens from the planet Niburu to dig gold right?
Sorry, you'll have to reference whatever text you're referencing, as I prefer to read and think for myself.
BlahBlahBlah

Somerset, KY

#95612 Mar 4, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Or are you one of those people who don't like people to think for themselves, or have their own opinions and/or beliefs?

That's rather kindly UNconstitutionall UNAmerican, and rather commieTic sounding.....
BlahBlahBlah

Somerset, KY

#95613 Mar 4, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
ist then Mount Olympus actually was filled with assorted Gods....
and no using MY reasoning,(not what you state to be my reasoning) would be that there were people that believed such to be true, but that wouldn't have made such especially true.

Just as with the Cyrus cylinder, an artifact of history that lends credence to fact that there were people of the Persian Empire times, that may have believed in a code of Civil Rights.

(if you ca pull your braincell OUT of grade school level Rainbow Bwight land for uno momento)
BlahBlahBlah

Somerset, KY

#95614 Mar 4, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
we just have to agree "There be Dragons There"...
Komodo or otherwise?
GWB

Roseville, CA

#95615 Mar 4, 2013
BlahBlahBlah wrote:
<quoted text>
Komodo or otherwise?
When you resort to attacking the messenger and not the message, you have lost the debate.
Blahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95617 Mar 4, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
When you resort to attacking the messenger and not the message, you have lost the debate.
Exactly.

(no debating Komodo dragons are more evolutionary predispositioned to places like...oh....say the Rinca and Flores islands, although currently now documented as dwindling in population due to modern civilization development).

But still, WOW, look at the size of those creatures!!
Blahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95618 Mar 4, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
http://komodonationalpark.org/

!

“I LOVE GREENFIELD OHIO”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#95619 Mar 4, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
All around Ireland there are Castle Keeps that have been written of, there are tales of individuals and quests... Including fire breathing dragons and sea monsters.... So according to you, simple because we can find those castle keeps and the graves of the individuals we just have to agree "There be Dragons There"...
No there are not many castles in ireland
The Real Truth-T

Cincinnati, OH

#95620 Mar 4, 2013
Want to learn about the bible or religion? Visit a church...

Want the education you paid for? Go to your public school...

It's not the state's job to teach you religion and faith.

Fortunately you live in a country where you can choose to do this, or not do this....
It's just that simple.

#95621 Mar 4, 2013
Hassan al Madji wrote:
<quoted text>No there are not many castles in ireland
Say Whaaaat? There are Hundreds and hundreds of castles in Ireland...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_...

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95622 Mar 4, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Say Whaaaat? There are Hundreds and hundreds of castles in Ireland...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_...
And there are 450,000 castles in the U.S. Every single one of them with their steeples built on sand.

#95623 Mar 4, 2013
BlahBlahBlah wrote:
<quoted text>
It helps to be able to discern the possible realities, often scientifically studied, from imaginary, ignorant depictions based on nothing but ones own merely CONdescending, self serving opinion.
(And Greek Mythology has been historically pretty clear in descriptives, that such things in which may have been "believed" upon, were not necessarily tangibly "seen".)
Quite trying to DUHM everything down to mere "black and white" just to try ad insult others intelligence to gratify yourself--because that is NOT reality. Even idiots realize, there's a whole big, spectrum of OTHER colors in between.
Obviously I didn't dumb it down enough in this case... Here I'll try again....

Books says there is a God that has magical abilities, book says a bunch of towns and rulers exist, we find evidence of some of those rulers and towns, you use the notation of finding some of those towns and rulers to bolster a Belief of a God that has magical abilities..... That's Goofy...
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95624 Mar 4, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously I didn't dumb it down enough in this case... Here I'll try again....
Books says there is a God that has magical abilities, book says a bunch of towns and rulers exist, we find evidence of some of those rulers and towns, you use the notation of finding some of those towns and rulers to bolster a Belief of a God that has magical abilities..... That's Goofy...
The God of the Bible is never referred to as a magician, he is called the creator! Big difference!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min Former Kentuckian 2,151
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Le Jimbo 151,518
Who read Dennis Gibson's post on Facebook? What... 13 min Crooks 0
Stivers center swin coach abandons children in ... (Mar '12) 23 min Truth 66
Kevin Disney Central Elementary School 46 min Okie dokie 7
I have nothing to say.. 1 hr welp 6
knox board of ed raising taxes 1 hr enough is enough 14
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••