Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,570)

Showing posts 91,381 - 91,400 of122,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

We_Are_Many wrote:
I've not read all the comments but I think Bible study in school is a good thing. Keep out denomination and just teach the teachings of Christ. People can (and I know some) use scripture to control. Just watch the Book of Eli and you will see most modern churches. The apostles didn't go around giving out titles. Stay in the Bible and leave out man's ideas and opinions. Denomination is dangerous. When we are all living with Christ there will be many there with different back grounds.
To burst your bubble, but the bible does not say you will live with christ. The bible says that you will prostate yourself before god on his throne and for all eternity you will sing praises to god,
Your idea of heaven is not what the bible says so if you are just making up fantasy why not admit that your whole religion is fantasy
We_Are_Many

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>To burst your bubble, but the bible does not say you will live with christ. The bible says that you will prostate yourself before god on his throne and for all eternity you will sing praises to god,
Your idea of heaven is not what the bible says so if you are just making up fantasy why not admit that your whole religion is fantasy
Friend I'm not talking about Heaven. I was actually referring to the 1000 year reign of Christ on earth. Denomination is nothing more than a system. I know quiet a bit about the Lord's planet! I teach, not debate. Reply if you like, I will not.
We_Are_Many

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Oh and yes the Bible does say we will live with Christ. Paul writes about this, John writes about this. Yes, we will hang out with Joshua. I plan on asking Joshua about his child hood. The Bible goes from his birth, to a small story about age 12, then age 30, to his death which was at 33 and a half.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

So you got nothing, just like a religie.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

"In 1955 Cecil B. DeMille was filming The ten commandments and he wrote to the FOE to commend them on their work in distributing copies of the ten commandments. He suggested that they make larger monuments that could be placed at court houses and public parks, etc.
The FOE liked the idea and they worked with DeMille to promote his movie by unveiling monuments across the country just prior to its opening, with actors from the movie present at the unveilings. All in all 145 monuments were dedicated around the country before and after the release of the movie."

Lmao, go figure.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

We_Are_Many wrote:
Oh and yes the Bible does say we will live with Christ. Paul writes about this, John writes about this. Yes, we will hang out with Joshua. I plan on asking Joshua about his child hood. The Bible goes from his birth, to a small story about age 12, then age 30, to his death which was at 33 and a half.
You "plan on asking Joshua about his childhood?" You teach, not debate? GUFFAW! Your version of Christianity is a 'nanerbutter sammich based completely on the doctrines that were invented after Jesus had left the building.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

The bible "says", lol. Moby Dick also fiction like the bible "says", "That ain't no whale; that a great white god.". Pip is also a fictional person just like "god in a jesus suit", maybe you religies should switch books you idiots could swim with your god.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

I can not believe that any one really thinks any of the jewish based religions are true. The christian cult denies its roots so they know that it is fiction, I should say Abrahamic cults because the Muslums are almost as evil as the Jews and christians (almost as evil because they are brain washed from babies while the christian cult makes their religion up as they go)
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
When you decided that your religion offered the truest version of reality what was the reasoning that lead to that conclusion? How much room do you allow for other ideas to compete with your religious affiliation's ideas?
For example, let's say I'm a Scientologist. Someone tells me that L. Ron Hubbard created Scientology first as an alternative to psychiatry then changed it to a religion because there was more money in it. Let's say that I've been taught by the church that Hubbard made that change only because of the evil IRS trying to destroy him. Yet every source I can dig up outside the church supports the idea that Hubbard's main goal was always to be rich and powerful, not to speak the truth about reality.
If I am genuinely interested in seeking a good understanding of reality I would consider the evidence against Hubbard to be heavier than the evidence for him. Hard as it might be, I might have to break from my religion rather than sacrifice my reason and self-determination.
If you were in that same situation would you allow your devotion to your church outweigh your sense of reason? I ask this because I know that in the Bible there are passages that tell you to resist the words of non-believers. So what I want to know is would you truly resist your own sense of reason and the sound arguments of non-believers and adhere to something that seems to be false or highly unlikely to be true?
Which is more important, faith or reason?
If it is true faith it is based on reason and your question goes without saying!
The Real Truth-T

Maineville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Want to learn about the bible or religion? Visit a church...

Want the education you paid for? Go to your public school...

It's not the state's job to teach you religion and faith.

Fortunately you live in a country where you can choose to do this, or not do this....
It's just that simple.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Hey Roamin' great to catch back up with ya!
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

We_Are_Many wrote:
I've not read all the comments but I think Bible study in school is a good thing. Keep out denomination and just teach the teachings of Christ. People can (and I know some) use scripture to control. Just watch the Book of Eli and you will see most modern churches. The apostles didn't go around giving out titles. Stay in the Bible and leave out man's ideas and opinions. Denomination is dangerous. When we are all living with Christ there will be many there with different back grounds.
why teach about christ tho? what about all the other gods out there that u are an atheist about? just cuz u dont believe in them dont mean others dont. therefore all religion junk should be left out of anything educational (non-fiction). leave all the lies and hate monger for the sunday services and away from impressionable minds of children who have parents that love them enuf to not brainwash them with jewish mythology or any other mythology. in no way will i allow my child to ever sit in a religious based classroom becuz it is against all that this country was built for. ppl came here to get away from the church control they had to face in europe, study the real history and not the churches lies and u will see some real truth about the world.

Since: Mar 11

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is true faith it is based on reason and your question goes without saying!
Faith in a god has absolutely nothing to do with reason, science or logic, and any statements to the contrary are just futile attempts to reconcile the discrepancies between what you read in man-made holy texts, and reality. The very definition of faith is to believe in something without needing evidence, or to quote Merriam Webster, "Firm belief in something for which there is no proof."

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Objective Onlooker wrote:
<quoted text>
Faith in a god has absolutely nothing to do with reason, science or logic, and any statements to the contrary are just futile attempts to reconcile the discrepancies between what you read in man-made holy texts, and reality. The very definition of faith is to believe in something without needing evidence, or to quote Merriam Webster, "Firm belief in something for which there is no proof."
"Faith" is just what some one believes. It is not substance, not tangible, When some one says "faith" they are saying "I believe".
Faith has no weight

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
why teach about christ tho? what about all the other gods out there that u are an atheist about? just cuz u dont believe in them dont mean others dont. therefore all religion junk should be left out of anything educational (non-fiction). leave all the lies and hate monger for the sunday services and away from impressionable minds of children who have parents that love them enuf to not brainwash them with jewish mythology or any other mythology. in no way will i allow my child to ever sit in a religious based classroom becuz it is against all that this country was built for. ppl came here to get away from the church control they had to face in europe, study the real history and not the churches lies and u will see some real truth about the world.
What you said here is the truth. The whole basis of freedom is that every one has the same equal rights. The christian cult hates freedom and hates America
BlahBlahBlah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Public libraries are fantastic sources of information. The Watchtower is unequivocally NOT a good source of information. If you think their writings are well researched then you do not understand what the word “research” actually means. Their writings are intended to make you believe in JW, period and end of story. Truth is not part of their agenda. You do not get at truth by holding a concrete belief and then forcing everything else to fit that belief. Rather, you begin with as few biases as possible and allow the evidence to guide you. According to most theist faiths allowing reason and evidence to guide you is tantamount to giving Satan a key to your house.
Talkorigins has a great little critique of the JW book “Life”, which is a notoriously deceptive anti-science religious text that they pass off as a “science” book.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/jw-book.html
The History Channel is a joke. Ask anyone who knows anything about anything. When you call yourself History Channel and your primary programming is about aliens and pawn shops you have a serious problem. Discovery Channel is just as terrible.
Now, you've revealed some of your sources of information. But the heart of my question to you was how do you determine the merit of information? How do you evaluate a truth claim about the world?
For example, if I said to you “There is probably no such thing as ghosts.” what would be your response? What method would you use to decide if you agree or not? Your sources are important, but they are secondary to your method. Even the Public Library has crap books.
Hey now-there's some good stuff on the History channel (accurate to T's when comparing info from other resources), and Discovery chan at times. And the Library has some good books.

Kinda like thinking because the water anyone drinketh out of a bottle is better than tap, because it's in a plaskit bottle.
Ya just have to know better sometimes.:-)
BlahBlahBlah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
This should be a slam dunk then.
<quoted text>
A mere 4,500 years ago.
Still waiting...
Yew think some "particle bending data" will yield some interesting tidbits too?
BlahBlahBlah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
I can not believe that any one really thinks any of the jewish based religions are true. The christian cult denies its roots so they know that it is fiction, I should say Abrahamic cults because the Muslums are almost as evil as the Jews and christians (almost as evil because they are brain washed from babies while the christian cult makes their religion up as they go)
Do you think the many civilizations that have wrotten historically were just "lying.making stuff up" about everything that has ever been written?

Do you think 2000 years from now, what future generations may find in places such as the Library of Congress, will be IGNORANTLY be deemed as lies, fantasies, ignorantly dubbed as nothing but fallacies of past civilizations?

Because when you post such nonsense, that is how you sound.
BlahBlahBlah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

The Real Truth-T wrote:
Want to learn about the bible or religion? Visit a church...
Want the education you paid for? Go to your public school...
It's not the state's job to teach you religion and faith.
Fortunately you live in a country where you can choose to do this, or not do this....
It's just that simple.
Want to learn more about any of it, to ponder independently for ones own self, w/out having to listen to the ideologies (Or the UNidealogies) opinion of others-go to a Library. One of the RARE services, still basically "FWEE" to the card carrying members of any of the taxpayer supported public institutions of the United States!!
BlahBlahBlah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
The "churches" and the "people of" have been one of the BIGGEST contributors andpreservers to the recorded histories of this Earth, for CENTURIES.

FACT, like it or not.

The Cyrus Cylinder, symbol of Persian tolerance, heads to US

The 2,600 year old Cyrus Cylinder, a promise of tolerance from the ancient Persian King, is heading to the US for the first time.(Peterson, S. CSM. WEB.)3/3/2013

The ancient Cyrus Cylinder is surrounded by cameras at a send-off ceremony to see it travel for the first time to the United States from the British Museum in London on February 19, 2013. One of the most iconic objects of the ancient world and sometimes called the world's first human rights charter, the baked-clay cylinder with cuneiform script is the declaration by the Persian King Cyrus the Great about his peaceful capture of Babylon, and his order that all peoples should be free to return to their lands and worship as they pleased.

"Jesus loves us this we know....."

Like it or NOT.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 91,381 - 91,400 of122,785
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 10 min Anne52 81,204
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 26 min Jay 138,706
Anti-NRA Protesters 33 min Gun loving tea bagger 12
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 43 min Funny 19
What all thinka bout lena fugate? (May '09) 1 hr Yeahh 9
lamon jones 1 hr you really dont know jr 17
Rex Gray 2 hr the man 9
Corey vs. Collins 4 hr Charley 57
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••