Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
91,341 - 91,360 of 130,445 Comments Last updated 28 min ago
Yes and Amen

Minnie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

so true wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh well not good at isolating until something is accomplished. So no how they mean it, not going silent..
But say 'Thank you' anyway.
Take account of all that is in your possession.
A mind. A heart. A body.
A life that breathes, even if for just one more day.
Now count the eyes that have smiled
at you on your wild journey,
the hands that have held you tenderly,
the ears that have listened,
the prayers that have been made on your behalf.
And whisper your 'Thank you' again.
Count the sky that has watched you grow
with His painted eyes,
The heaving waves that find their echo
in the tides of your breathing,
The little birds that have sung
you their songs,
The stars which have been a lamp
to your path,
and are your
rightful inheritance.
Count unexpected laughter,
Count undeserved grace,
Count Passion and Love making and Dreams yet to be born,
And bow your head and say 'thank you',
Now count the lives who still need your light,
The hungry, the sick, the helpless,
the ones , who will die today
and imagine if with the breath of your body
you could help justone.
Turn your face to the sun,
And know yourself as a child of the light.
You are the Goodness that cannot be extinguished,
The love that burns through the darkest night.
And perhaps,In turning
You will see what i have seen,
that this day where everything seemed wrong,
was not your curse,
It was your gift,
Your chance...
To find inside yourself a forgotten 'thank you',
To smile in the face of the grim suppressors,
To stand in the heart of the glowering darkness
and turn your face to the sun.
Very nice!
You have a Great day :-)
God Bless!
Yes and Amen

Minnie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have it backwards----you just described evolutionist not Jehovah's Witnesses.
I was just thinking today---they sent up a rocket today----in order to send it and get it to go where they want it to go they must rely on universal laws. Those laws are so accurate they can rely on them. With laws there must be a law giver!
Yes there is!
Amen!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Some one mentioned that we sent up a rocket, we also have a space station, but we could not have a tall building because the god of the jewish people where afraid we would take over heaven?
Oh, their are no "laws of the universe" there are properties of matter and how things are that we are learning. Not like some "god" made a cosmic law book

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

THEODORA FARTINSKY wrote:
This stinkin ipone i swiped aint workin rite. me back on my computr hope it works its older than dinosaur dong.
Hey there sweetie. Missed you a bunch. My Iphoney does that too.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have it backwards----you just described evolutionist not Jehovah's Witnesses.
I was just thinking today---they sent up a rocket today----in order to send it and get it to go where they want it to go they must rely on universal laws. Those laws are so accurate they can rely on them. With laws there must be a law giver!
Give us the hard (and accurate should go without asking) facts based on universal laws that prove the Earth's land masses were completely submerged 4,500 years ago.

“Handsome white and black men”

Since: Jan 10

Interracial love

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no.... We know God is real...
We just want you to KNOW it TOO!
The end is coming for each of us... even you!
Life is choices, your either on one side or the other...
Good, or Evil...
Sure... you may help feed some kids, or whatever, but does
that negate your support of Plannened baby killers?
No! Not at all!
The only thing that makes you right with God is Jesus!
I Hope you meet Him soon!
Good day!
What evidence do you have of god?
Blahblahblah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
Some one mentioned that we sent up a rocket, we also have a space station, but we could not have a tall building because the god of the jewish people where afraid we would take over heaven?
Oh, their are no "laws of the universe" there are properties of matter and how things are that we are learning. Not like some "god" made a cosmic law book
The scientifically inquisitive and NON-denominationally or haterly challenged, pleasantly and FAITHfully await "Particle bending data" from the "next frontier"!!!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have of god?
Why do you need evidence?
There is no god of the kjv.
No facts or verifiable evidence exists and never will, only delusional people filled with hate formed from a book of hatred and they use fear as a tool to gather more mindless sheep.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

The christians denounce abortions, calls them "babykillers", it even happens on here, example 9 posts back. Do you ever see a christian denounce the christians that have killed abortion clinic doctors? No.

Hypocrisy, its a christian thing.

Love Love Love, Lmao.
then

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you need evidence?
There is no god of the kjv.
No facts or verifiable evidence exists and never will, only delusional people filled with hate formed from a book of hatred and they use fear as a tool to gather more mindless sheep.
their no proof of satan. i guess something had to come from nothing .but their is no such thing as nothing are they?so how did things come to be.?..

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

How did the christian god come toooooo beeeee?
I will tell you.

Ready?

POOF.

There it is.

Lmfao.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

then wrote:
<quoted text>their no proof of satan. i guess something had to come from nothing .but their is no such thing as nothing are they?so how did things come to be.?..
Satan is a title, a word meaning apposed or the apposer, the adversary. It is not a name.
Something from nothing? There was never nothing, there has always been energy in one form or another.
Where did you get this "nothing" from?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

The fartman's universal gas will get a rocket beyond that of what any scientist can formulate and with no cost...hehehe
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Public libraries are fantastic sources of information. The Watchtower is unequivocally NOT a good source of information. If you think their writings are well researched then you do not understand what the word “research” actually means. Their writings are intended to make you believe in JW, period and end of story. Truth is not part of their agenda. You do not get at truth by holding a concrete belief and then forcing everything else to fit that belief. Rather, you begin with as few biases as possible and allow the evidence to guide you. According to most theist faiths allowing reason and evidence to guide you is tantamount to giving Satan a key to your house.
Talkorigins has a great little critique of the JW book “Life”, which is a notoriously deceptive anti-science religious text that they pass off as a “science” book.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/jw-book.html
The History Channel is a joke. Ask anyone who knows anything about anything. When you call yourself History Channel and your primary programming is about aliens and pawn shops you have a serious problem. Discovery Channel is just as terrible.
Now, you've revealed some of your sources of information. But the heart of my question to you was how do you determine the merit of information? How do you evaluate a truth claim about the world?
For example, if I said to you “There is probably no such thing as ghosts.” what would be your response? What method would you use to decide if you agree or not? Your sources are important, but they are secondary to your method. Even the Public Library has crap books.
I was so disappointed with your comments. I expected you to make negative comments about my sources of research but what was disappointind was that I thoroughy expected you to suggest a much better source for doing research but you recommended none!
Evidently my sources far exceed yours.
Of course my main source is God's word the Bible and that goes without saying!
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Every WORD in the HOLY BIBLE is the TRUTH . GOD said : I am the TRUTH , THE LIGHT , and the way : The BIBLE also says that GOD created man from the dust of the earth, and to the dust he shall return. our modern day scientists and chemical engineers among others , have PROVED that every chemical and/or matter that the human body is made up of , IS found in the earth. ther're is NO lie or false information in the BIBLE . If you want mor e PROOF , then I can do this all the day long... world was once flooded ? YES . Go on the mountain , pick one , any one . I will show you sea shells under clift lines,sea fossels in the stone,....want more PROOF ? I can do this all the day long. You don't want to hear it though,because satan, and/or evil spirits haunt your soul within , and they flee from GODs word, as to quietness,make silly comments,change the subject, or any other " deceitful trick " to avoid the TRUTH, which IS GODs WORD. want to talk about the signs of the end days ? how about some REVELATIONS ? I can do this all the day long ! thik this world is getting evil ? don't get me started . you WIL lose
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

Dear "Yiago"
What do you think of this research?

HELL sheol / hades

The Hebrew word sheohl occurs 65 times in the Masoretic text (Old Testament). In the King James Version, it is translated 31 times as “hell,” 31 times as “grave,” and 3 times as “pit.” The Catholic Douay Version rendered the word 63 times as “hell,” once as “pit,” and once as “death.” In addition, at Isaiah 7:11 the Hebrew text originally read sheohl, and it was rendered as “Hades” in the ancient Greek versions.

On the day of Pentecost 33 C.E., the apostle Peter quoted from Psalm 16:10 and applied it to Christ Jesus. Luke, in quoting Peter’s words, used the Greek word haides, thereby showing that Sheol and Hades refer to the same thing, mankind’s common grave.(Ac 2:25-27, 29-32)

Regarding Sheol, the Encyclopaedia Britannica (1971, Vol. 11, p. 276) noted:“Sheol was located somewhere ‘under’ the earth.... The state of the dead was one of neither pain nor pleasure. Neither reward for the righteous nor punishment for the wicked was associated with Sheol. The good and the bad alike, tyrants and saints, kings and orphans, Israelites and gentiles—all slept together without awareness of one another.”

While the Greek teaching of the immortality of the human soul infiltrated Jewish religious thinking in later centuries, the Bible record shows that Sheol refers to mankind’s common grave as a place where there is no consciousness.(Ec 9:4-6, 10)

Throughout the inspired Scriptures, Sheol is continually associated with death and not life.(1Sa 2:6; 2Sa 22:6; Ps 18:4, 5; 49:7-10, 14, 15; 88:2-6; 89:48; Isa 28:15-18; also compare Ps 116:3, 7-10 with 2Co 4:13, 14.) It is spoken of as “the land of darkness”(Job 10:21) and a place of silence.(Ps 115:17) Abel apparently was the first one to go to Sheol, and since then countless millions of human dead have joined him in the dust of the ground.
"Yiago"
I await your response to this research.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

RAPIDFIRE wrote:
Every WORD in the HOLY BIBLE is the TRUTH . GOD said : I am the TRUTH , THE LIGHT , and the way : The BIBLE also says that GOD created man from the dust of the earth, and to the dust he shall return. our modern day scientists and chemical engineers among others , have PROVED that every chemical and/or matter that the human body is made up of , IS found in the earth. ther're is NO lie or false information in the BIBLE . If you want mor e PROOF , then I can do this all the day long... world was once flooded ? YES . Go on the mountain , pick one , any one . I will show you sea shells under clift lines,sea fossels in the stone,....want more PROOF ? I can do this all the day long. You don't want to hear it though,because satan, and/or evil spirits haunt your soul within , and they flee from GODs word, as to quietness,make silly comments,change the subject, or any other " deceitful trick " to avoid the TRUTH, which IS GODs WORD. want to talk about the signs of the end days ? how about some REVELATIONS ? I can do this all the day long ! thik this world is getting evil ? don't get me started . you WIL lose
Than why do you ignore most of what the bible says?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

RAPIDFIRE wrote:
Jehovah is the evil devil who has tricked you with lies. It is Jehovah who wants to control you, read the bible and see how evil jehovah is! You have been decieved by the evil devil jehovah

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Hahahahha!
Your ignorance is just as bad as his (SP)!
"voice inside your head that says "hey, I LIKE that so I'll believe it?" No evidence necessary, just your own desires."
Here is proof of your ignorance...
(1) The voice is not always in my head...
(2) I Liked Slamming Meth..
I liked having sex for 4-6 hours...
I liked doing nasty things....
Those WERE MY DESIRES!
(3) The Lord TOOK all those things away from me!
and gave me a new Heart...
One that knows Killing Babies for fun n profit is WRONG...
that Same sex relationships are an abomination, that gays
should NOT be in charge of lil boys in scouting, and camping
in the woods...
That, there is RIGHT n WRONG, and NOW...
I do NOT like Doing Wrong... Doing Right is now my desire!
Case closed, end of story!
God is real, God is Good!
He saved me, and He can save you too!
"YOUR CHOICE"... Choose wisely!
Yaa--"I was a bad man but now I'm good. So please don't let me die. I'm getting old and know that I'm going to die one of these days soon. It scares the bejebus out of me. I'll be good, I will, I promise!"

It's sad and, in many ways, really amazing what overpowering guilt has done to your mind...
along with the meth, that is.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>Oh no.... We know God is real...
We just want you to KNOW it TOO!
The end is coming for each of us... even you!
Life is choices, your either on one side or the other...
Good, or Evil...
Sure... you may help feed some kids, or whatever, but does
that negate your support of Plannened baby killers?
No! Not at all!
The only thing that makes you right with God is Jesus!
I Hope you meet Him soon!
Good day!
so u agree with rapist (including pedophiles) and murderers and any other violent criminal gettin forgiveness and god lettin him slide on the bad he done cuz he said im sorry. flip the side and a person that has given any thing extra at all to someone else so they dont go hungry or go out of the way to help everyone but says i dont believe in god is gonna be sent to hell to burn forever. thats the kind of god u worship, u can do any evil, violent, and plain wrong to anyone and everyone but when u get old and start to die u can feel guilty for bein a prick your whole life and just go to church and say im sorry cuz idont want to go to hell and god just says sure thing, all the kids or family members lives that u have ruin is perfectly ok becuz u believe in me and u are sorry. but model "christian" moral followers (since u claim morals come from the bible...NOT) will be burnt in hell for eternity just cuz ehy couldnt believe in a story that has no kind of proof other than faith. kind of a vain god u got goin on there.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Calvin_Coolish 150,998
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min no way 1,035
union 19 min gator 7
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 31 min SLY WEST 3,489
hot girl a the funeral home 32 min justbecause0105 5
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 1 hr U go girl 16,143
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr Huh 26,225
Ambulance hit 3 people last night in Knox count... 9 hr Hey 16
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE