Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 141462 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#95656 Mar 5, 2013
Did you know that...

In Judaism , if you want to join a synagogue ( Something Similiar to a Church )
You must sign a written contract to pay money!

If you want a front seat at the synagogue , you must pay a lot of money!

The people who can't afford the higher prices must sit in the back of the synagogue!

But let me make this clear... YOU MUST PAY MONEY OR YOU CAN"T JOIN!

Did you know that some people have been sued by the Synagogue for 100,000's of thousands of dollars because they did not pay?

Yep! Its True!

SO STOP SUPPORTING THE TERRORIST STATE OF ISRAEL AND GIVING IT 8 BILLION U.S. TAX DOLLARS EVERY SINGLE YEAR

JEWS ARE RACIST AND THEY HATE JESUS
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#95657 Mar 5, 2013
That orthodox Judaism considers Jews to be superior to, and to have no moral obligations toward, non-Jews (or at least little more than they have toward animals) is shown by the words of Rabbi Avraham Yitzhak HaCohen Kook (1865-1935):

"The difference between the Jewish soul ... and the soul of all the Gentiles ... is greater and deeper than the difference between the soul of a man and the soul of an animal."
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#95658 Mar 5, 2013
Hmmmmm....

The Israel newspapers Hareetz and Ynet said that Jewish blood was just to valuable to spare in a war with Iran.

They said that it would be better to spare American blood instead!

They also said that Israel needed even More welfare money from the United States to support their illegal occupation of Palestine!

They went in to say

" Whether the American people like it or not, the state of Israel needs more funding from the United States!
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#95659 Mar 5, 2013
A major Jewish religious figure in Israel has likened non-Jews to donkeys and beasts of burden, saying the main reason for their very existence is to serve Jews.

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef, spiritual mentor of the religious fundamentalist party, Shas, which represents Middle Eastern Jews, reportedly said during a Sabbath homily earlier this week that "the sole purpose of non-Jews is to serve Jews." Yosef is considered a major religious leader in Israel who enjoys the allegiance of hundreds of thousands of followers.

Shas is a chief coalition partner in the current Israeli government,

http://www.thepeoplesvoice.org/TPV3/Voices.ph ...

Hmmmmmm

Rabbi Ovadia Yosef says that your purpose in life as a gentile is to serve Jews!

“I LOVE GREENFIELD OHIO”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#95660 Mar 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Say Whaaaat? There are Hundreds and hundreds of castles in Ireland...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_castles_...
no there aint scotland and England and Wales but not Ireland
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#95661 Mar 5, 2013
Rabbi Ovadia Yosef also had this to say about the black people who died in hurricane Katrina

Following Hurricane Katrina in 2005, Yosef blamed the tragedy on the Godlessness of New Orleans, on U.S. support for the Gaza disengagement, and on a general lack of Torah study in the area:

There was a tsunami and there are terrible natural disasters, because there isnt enough Torah study... Black people reside there [New Orleans]. Blacks will study the Torah?[God said], Lets bring a tsunami and drown them... Hundreds of thousands remained homeless. Tens of thousands have been killed. All of this because they have no God... Bush was behind the [expulsion of] Gush Katif, he encouraged Sharon to expel Gush Katif... We had 15,000 people expelled here [in Israel], and there [in America] 150,000 [were expelled]. It was Gods retribution... God does not short-change anyone.[29][30]

Source : Wiki
Freedom

Pennington Gap, VA

#95662 Mar 5, 2013
And this is what Rabbi Ovadia Yosef thinks of every non Jew living in America

This means you and your family

Source

Wikipedia , various news sources
( can look them up yourself )

Remarks regarding gentiles

In an October 2010 sermon, Yosef stated that "The sole purpose of non-Jews is to serve Jews". He said that Gentiles served a divine purpose: "Why are Gentiles needed? They will work, they will plow, they will reap. We will sit like an effendi and eat. That is why Gentiles were created."[36] In the same article on the Jerusalem Post, according to the journalist who interviewed him, Yosef compared Gentiles to donkeys whose life has the sole purpose to serve the master:“In Israel, death has no dominion over them... With gentiles, it will be like any person – they need to die, but [God] will give them longevity. Why? Imagine that one’s donkey would die, they’d lose their money. This is his servant... That’s why he gets a long life, to work well for this Jew."

"Gentiles were born only to serve us. Without that, they have no place in the world – only to serve the People of Israel."[37]

“I LOVE GREENFIELD OHIO”

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#95663 Mar 5, 2013
Hassan al Madji wrote:
<quoted text>
no there aint scotland and England and Wales but not Ireland
the ones in Ireland are mostly ruins but the welcome and the countryside and the beer is brilliant in Ireland
Germany has some great castles

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#95664 Mar 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is true faith it is based on reason and your question goes without saying!
Like the previous poster said, faith by definition is not based on reason. You need to look up the meanings of the words and understand how they are used in conversation.

So you arrived at your position through faith. Ok. Do you believe that prayer is effective? Because there have been a lot of controlled studies done on prayer and it is not found to do anything at all.

Reason tells us prayer, while it does make us feel better personally, does not have an impact on the world around us. But let's run a little thought experiment:

Little Timmy has cancer. He's five years old. His family is praying for him like crazy. So is the entire town.

Little Suzy also has cancer. She's the same age. Again, she is getting tons and tons of prayers.

Both are also receiving all the proper medical attention that is available. The doctors say they might not last another six months.

Little Timmy suddenly starts to get better. His cancer goes into remission, ultimately being undetectable or gone. It's a miracle! The parents thank God on the 6PM news.

Little Suzy dies. Everyone is devastated. The parents listen as a preacher thanks God during the funeral.

Now...would you say that prayer worked for one child but it didn't work for the other? Did God decide to kill a kid and save a kid?

Or would you say that medicine is not an exact science and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work? Also, diseases can be unpredictable by nature?

I don't think this example is out of line with what really happens every single day.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#95665 Mar 5, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong!
Satan means "Accuser"... Just like you... Accusing Christians
of this, or that!
You still are of your father, the king of Liars!
I hope that changes for ya!
I ACCUSE the christian cult of ignoring the inconvenient parts of the bible and cherry picking the parts that elevate them above others
Blablahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95666 Mar 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep there was... So What... Never said there wasn't... So is your problem a reading comprehension issue?
Reading comprehension (or lack there of) is not a personal problem for me, but there sure does seem to be a lot of it these days.
But, that's the world we live in, one full of problems.

How about you....yours..oh...maybe perhaps..a hard wired "memory" problem?
DuhshoeofLucifer

Somerset, KY

#95668 Mar 5, 2013
Dyslexic Luthor wrote:
Why aren't you wonderful God fearing Christians adopting the thousands of children that are already needing adopted? I expect no honest reply, as Christians do not have the moral decency to tell the truth.
<quoted text>
bigot
noun \&#712;bi-g&#601;t\
: a person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

“There is no god”

War, WV

#95669 Mar 5, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Like the previous poster said, faith by definition is not based on reason. You need to look up the meanings of the words and understand how they are used in conversation.
So you arrived at your position through faith. Ok. Do you believe that prayer is effective? Because there have been a lot of controlled studies done on prayer and it is not found to do anything at all.
Reason tells us prayer, while it does make us feel better personally, does not have an impact on the world around us. But let's run a little thought experiment:
Little Timmy has cancer. He's five years old. His family is praying for him like crazy. So is the entire town.
Little Suzy also has cancer. She's the same age. Again, she is getting tons and tons of prayers.
Both are also receiving all the proper medical attention that is available. The doctors say they might not last another six months.
Little Timmy suddenly starts to get better. His cancer goes into remission, ultimately being undetectable or gone. It's a miracle! The parents thank God on the 6PM news.
Little Suzy dies. Everyone is devastated. The parents listen as a preacher thanks God during the funeral.
Now...would you say that prayer worked for one child but it didn't work for the other? Did God decide to kill a kid and save a kid?
Or would you say that medicine is not an exact science and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work? Also, diseases can be unpredictable by nature?
I don't think this example is out of line with what really happens every single day.
Did you hear that Medical SCIENCE has cured a child with HIV? Yep science one prayer zero
Blahblahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95670 Mar 5, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Did you hear that Medical SCIENCE has cured a child with HIV? Yep science one prayer zero
Science and Faith of faithful believers-one.

Dr. Anthony Fauci
Anthony Stephen Fauci was born on December 24, 1940, in Brooklyn, New York, to Stephen A. Fauci, a pharmacist, and Eugenia A. Fauci, a homemaker.[1] He graduated from Regis High School in New York City.

He went on to attend the College of the Holy Cross and received his M.D. from Cornell University Medical College in 1966.

He then completed an internship and residency at The New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center.[2]
Blahblahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95671 Mar 5, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Did you hear that Medical SCIENCE has cured a child with HIV? Yep science one prayer zero
http://www.holycross.edu/departments/publicaf...
Blahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95672 Mar 5, 2013
The Cornell House in De Ruyter, New York

After losing money in a ship venture with his older brother, Elijah Cornell decided in 1807 to go west. There was still cheap wild land available in central New York, and

Quakers from Columbia and Dutchess County had formed a settlement in De Ruyter, Madison County.

The Cornells, with infant Ezra, made the three-week journey overland by team and wagon, purchasing 150 acres on Crum Hill, about three miles east of the village, for $375. In 1810, they returned east, but came back to De Ruyter in 1818. Conditions of pioneer farming were difficult. Ezra and his younger brother Elijah had to clear land so they could plant corn among the stumps. There were also opportunities for recreation: hunting and fishing, quiltings, apple bees, barn and house raisings, and other gatherings,

and Quaker meetings.

In the winter months, the children could attend the local school.

(IE: the foundings of Cornell U-

Ezra Cornell. "A nineteenth Century Life." Division of Rare and Manuscript Collections, Cornell University Library. WEB. Last accessed 3/5/2013

“See how you are?”

Earth

#95673 Mar 5, 2013
"Broadly and generically, I'm not a regular church attender. I have evolved into less a Roman Catholic religion person [to] someone who tries to keep a degree of spirituality about them. I look upon myself as a humanist. I have faith in the goodness of mankind." - Dr. Anthony S. Fauci

“See how you are?”

Earth

#95674 Mar 5, 2013
And what do we learn from this, Blahs and girls? "Yep science one prayer zero" - SP

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#95675 Mar 5, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> Death does not scare me, as a fact...
Death does frighten you. In your gut, you know it.
Why else the need to believe you will live forever?
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> I will probably have my head cut off!
I will forgive, and in a moment... I'll be with the Lord!
I AM Looking forward to it!
And there it is. The desire for martyrdom.
The true mark of a delusional religious fanatic.
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> Don't get me wrong, I do Love what the Lord has given me, but it
will be better afterwards!
And if your "god" told you to kill your family and then shoot yourself, you would do it because "it will be better afterwards."
You are mentally ill. Please get treatment before you decide to prove how much you love your "god."
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text> See... You "THINK" you have nothingness to look forward to..
I know yer wrong about that...
You should be the one concerned!
Repent, turn Towards the Lord... not away!
Good day :-)
I am not concerned. There is no "god" or "devil," no "heaven" or "hell."
You are correct about one thing though....I THINK, not believe.
harpocrates

Williamsburg, KY

#95676 Mar 5, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Death does frighten you. In your gut, you know it.
Why else the need to believe you will live forever?
<quoted text>
And there it is. The desire for martyrdom.
The true mark of a delusional religious fanatic.
<quoted text>
And if your "god" told you to kill your family and then shoot yourself, you would do it because "it will be better afterwards."
You are mentally ill. Please get treatment before you decide to prove how much you love your "god."
<quoted text>
I am not concerned. There is no "god" or "devil," no "heaven" or "hell."
You are correct about one thing though....I THINK, not believe.
fail

Forming beliefs is thus one of the most basic and important features of the mind, and the concept of belief plays a crucial role in both philosophy of mind and epistemology.

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/belief/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lets go to florida 3 hr sounds bad 187
Kim bingham 9 hr lolo 1
The Oven Mitt 10 hr Top notch 25
Who all got shot in Knox County today? 10 hr deez 3
Tina and Luke 16 hr crazy 3
Jason Marsee shot Ford Collett 16 hr Quantummist 43
Best place to get your car fixed? 18 hr Brady 17
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE