Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,917

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#95561 Mar 2, 2013
Some one mentioned that we sent up a rocket, we also have a space station, but we could not have a tall building because the god of the jewish people where afraid we would take over heaven?
Oh, their are no "laws of the universe" there are properties of matter and how things are that we are learning. Not like some "god" made a cosmic law book

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#95562 Mar 2, 2013
THEODORA FARTINSKY wrote:
This stinkin ipone i swiped aint workin rite. me back on my computr hope it works its older than dinosaur dong.
Hey there sweetie. Missed you a bunch. My Iphoney does that too.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#95563 Mar 2, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you have it backwards----you just described evolutionist not Jehovah's Witnesses.
I was just thinking today---they sent up a rocket today----in order to send it and get it to go where they want it to go they must rely on universal laws. Those laws are so accurate they can rely on them. With laws there must be a law giver!
Give us the hard (and accurate should go without asking) facts based on universal laws that prove the Earth's land masses were completely submerged 4,500 years ago.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#95564 Mar 2, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no.... We know God is real...
We just want you to KNOW it TOO!
The end is coming for each of us... even you!
Life is choices, your either on one side or the other...
Good, or Evil...
Sure... you may help feed some kids, or whatever, but does
that negate your support of Plannened baby killers?
No! Not at all!
The only thing that makes you right with God is Jesus!
I Hope you meet Him soon!
Good day!
What evidence do you have of god?
Blahblahblah

London, KY

#95565 Mar 2, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Some one mentioned that we sent up a rocket, we also have a space station, but we could not have a tall building because the god of the jewish people where afraid we would take over heaven?
Oh, their are no "laws of the universe" there are properties of matter and how things are that we are learning. Not like some "god" made a cosmic law book
The scientifically inquisitive and NON-denominationally or haterly challenged, pleasantly and FAITHfully await "Particle bending data" from the "next frontier"!!!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#95566 Mar 2, 2013
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence do you have of god?
Why do you need evidence?
There is no god of the kjv.
No facts or verifiable evidence exists and never will, only delusional people filled with hate formed from a book of hatred and they use fear as a tool to gather more mindless sheep.

“There is no god.”

USA

#95567 Mar 2, 2013
The christians denounce abortions, calls them "babykillers", it even happens on here, example 9 posts back. Do you ever see a christian denounce the christians that have killed abortion clinic doctors? No.

Hypocrisy, its a christian thing.

Love Love Love, Lmao.
then

Hyden, KY

#95568 Mar 2, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you need evidence?
There is no god of the kjv.
No facts or verifiable evidence exists and never will, only delusional people filled with hate formed from a book of hatred and they use fear as a tool to gather more mindless sheep.
their no proof of satan. i guess something had to come from nothing .but their is no such thing as nothing are they?so how did things come to be.?..

“There is no god.”

USA

#95569 Mar 2, 2013
How did the christian god come toooooo beeeee?
I will tell you.

Ready?

POOF.

There it is.

Lmfao.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#95570 Mar 2, 2013
then wrote:
<quoted text>their no proof of satan. i guess something had to come from nothing .but their is no such thing as nothing are they?so how did things come to be.?..
Satan is a title, a word meaning apposed or the apposer, the adversary. It is not a name.
Something from nothing? There was never nothing, there has always been energy in one form or another.
Where did you get this "nothing" from?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#95571 Mar 2, 2013
The fartman's universal gas will get a rocket beyond that of what any scientist can formulate and with no cost...hehehe
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95572 Mar 2, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Public libraries are fantastic sources of information. The Watchtower is unequivocally NOT a good source of information. If you think their writings are well researched then you do not understand what the word “research” actually means. Their writings are intended to make you believe in JW, period and end of story. Truth is not part of their agenda. You do not get at truth by holding a concrete belief and then forcing everything else to fit that belief. Rather, you begin with as few biases as possible and allow the evidence to guide you. According to most theist faiths allowing reason and evidence to guide you is tantamount to giving Satan a key to your house.
Talkorigins has a great little critique of the JW book “Life”, which is a notoriously deceptive anti-science religious text that they pass off as a “science” book.
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/jw-book.html
The History Channel is a joke. Ask anyone who knows anything about anything. When you call yourself History Channel and your primary programming is about aliens and pawn shops you have a serious problem. Discovery Channel is just as terrible.
Now, you've revealed some of your sources of information. But the heart of my question to you was how do you determine the merit of information? How do you evaluate a truth claim about the world?
For example, if I said to you “There is probably no such thing as ghosts.” what would be your response? What method would you use to decide if you agree or not? Your sources are important, but they are secondary to your method. Even the Public Library has crap books.
I was so disappointed with your comments. I expected you to make negative comments about my sources of research but what was disappointind was that I thoroughy expected you to suggest a much better source for doing research but you recommended none!
Evidently my sources far exceed yours.
Of course my main source is God's word the Bible and that goes without saying!
RAPIDFIRE

Corbin, KY

#95573 Mar 2, 2013
Every WORD in the HOLY BIBLE is the TRUTH . GOD said : I am the TRUTH , THE LIGHT , and the way : The BIBLE also says that GOD created man from the dust of the earth, and to the dust he shall return. our modern day scientists and chemical engineers among others , have PROVED that every chemical and/or matter that the human body is made up of , IS found in the earth. ther're is NO lie or false information in the BIBLE . If you want mor e PROOF , then I can do this all the day long... world was once flooded ? YES . Go on the mountain , pick one , any one . I will show you sea shells under clift lines,sea fossels in the stone,....want more PROOF ? I can do this all the day long. You don't want to hear it though,because satan, and/or evil spirits haunt your soul within , and they flee from GODs word, as to quietness,make silly comments,change the subject, or any other " deceitful trick " to avoid the TRUTH, which IS GODs WORD. want to talk about the signs of the end days ? how about some REVELATIONS ? I can do this all the day long ! thik this world is getting evil ? don't get me started . you WIL lose
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95574 Mar 2, 2013
Dear "Yiago"
What do you think of this research?

HELL sheol / hades

The Hebrew word sheohl occurs 65 times in the Masoretic text (Old Testament). In the King James Version, it is translated 31 times as “hell,” 31 times as “grave,” and 3 times as “pit.” The Catholic Douay Version rendered the word 63 times as “hell,” once as “pit,” and once as “death.” In addition, at Isaiah 7:11 the Hebrew text originally read sheohl, and it was rendered as “Hades” in the ancient Greek versions.

On the day of Pentecost 33 C.E., the apostle Peter quoted from Psalm 16:10 and applied it to Christ Jesus. Luke, in quoting Peter’s words, used the Greek word haides, thereby showing that Sheol and Hades refer to the same thing, mankind’s common grave.(Ac 2:25-27, 29-32)

Regarding Sheol, the Encyclopaedia Britannica (1971, Vol. 11, p. 276) noted:“Sheol was located somewhere ‘under’ the earth.... The state of the dead was one of neither pain nor pleasure. Neither reward for the righteous nor punishment for the wicked was associated with Sheol. The good and the bad alike, tyrants and saints, kings and orphans, Israelites and gentiles—all slept together without awareness of one another.”

While the Greek teaching of the immortality of the human soul infiltrated Jewish religious thinking in later centuries, the Bible record shows that Sheol refers to mankind’s common grave as a place where there is no consciousness.(Ec 9:4-6, 10)

Throughout the inspired Scriptures, Sheol is continually associated with death and not life.(1Sa 2:6; 2Sa 22:6; Ps 18:4, 5; 49:7-10, 14, 15; 88:2-6; 89:48; Isa 28:15-18; also compare Ps 116:3, 7-10 with 2Co 4:13, 14.) It is spoken of as “the land of darkness”(Job 10:21) and a place of silence.(Ps 115:17) Abel apparently was the first one to go to Sheol, and since then countless millions of human dead have joined him in the dust of the ground.
"Yiago"
I await your response to this research.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#95575 Mar 2, 2013
RAPIDFIRE wrote:
Every WORD in the HOLY BIBLE is the TRUTH . GOD said : I am the TRUTH , THE LIGHT , and the way : The BIBLE also says that GOD created man from the dust of the earth, and to the dust he shall return. our modern day scientists and chemical engineers among others , have PROVED that every chemical and/or matter that the human body is made up of , IS found in the earth. ther're is NO lie or false information in the BIBLE . If you want mor e PROOF , then I can do this all the day long... world was once flooded ? YES . Go on the mountain , pick one , any one . I will show you sea shells under clift lines,sea fossels in the stone,....want more PROOF ? I can do this all the day long. You don't want to hear it though,because satan, and/or evil spirits haunt your soul within , and they flee from GODs word, as to quietness,make silly comments,change the subject, or any other " deceitful trick " to avoid the TRUTH, which IS GODs WORD. want to talk about the signs of the end days ? how about some REVELATIONS ? I can do this all the day long ! thik this world is getting evil ? don't get me started . you WIL lose
Than why do you ignore most of what the bible says?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#95576 Mar 2, 2013
RAPIDFIRE wrote:
Jehovah is the evil devil who has tricked you with lies. It is Jehovah who wants to control you, read the bible and see how evil jehovah is! You have been decieved by the evil devil jehovah

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#95577 Mar 2, 2013
<quoted text>Hahahahha!
Your ignorance is just as bad as his (SP)!
"voice inside your head that says "hey, I LIKE that so I'll believe it?" No evidence necessary, just your own desires."
Here is proof of your ignorance...
(1) The voice is not always in my head...
(2) I Liked Slamming Meth..
I liked having sex for 4-6 hours...
I liked doing nasty things....
Those WERE MY DESIRES!
(3) The Lord TOOK all those things away from me!
and gave me a new Heart...
One that knows Killing Babies for fun n profit is WRONG...
that Same sex relationships are an abomination, that gays
should NOT be in charge of lil boys in scouting, and camping
in the woods...
That, there is RIGHT n WRONG, and NOW...
I do NOT like Doing Wrong... Doing Right is now my desire!
Case closed, end of story!
God is real, God is Good!
He saved me, and He can save you too!
"YOUR CHOICE"... Choose wisely!
Yaa--"I was a bad man but now I'm good. So please don't let me die. I'm getting old and know that I'm going to die one of these days soon. It scares the bejebus out of me. I'll be good, I will, I promise!"

It's sad and, in many ways, really amazing what overpowering guilt has done to your mind...
along with the meth, that is.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#95578 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>Oh no.... We know God is real...
We just want you to KNOW it TOO!
The end is coming for each of us... even you!
Life is choices, your either on one side or the other...
Good, or Evil...
Sure... you may help feed some kids, or whatever, but does
that negate your support of Plannened baby killers?
No! Not at all!
The only thing that makes you right with God is Jesus!
I Hope you meet Him soon!
Good day!
so u agree with rapist (including pedophiles) and murderers and any other violent criminal gettin forgiveness and god lettin him slide on the bad he done cuz he said im sorry. flip the side and a person that has given any thing extra at all to someone else so they dont go hungry or go out of the way to help everyone but says i dont believe in god is gonna be sent to hell to burn forever. thats the kind of god u worship, u can do any evil, violent, and plain wrong to anyone and everyone but when u get old and start to die u can feel guilty for bein a prick your whole life and just go to church and say im sorry cuz idont want to go to hell and god just says sure thing, all the kids or family members lives that u have ruin is perfectly ok becuz u believe in me and u are sorry. but model "christian" moral followers (since u claim morals come from the bible...NOT) will be burnt in hell for eternity just cuz ehy couldnt believe in a story that has no kind of proof other than faith. kind of a vain god u got goin on there.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#95579 Mar 3, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I was so disappointed with your comments. I expected you to make negative comments about my sources of research but what was disappointind was that I thoroughy expected you to suggest a much better source for doing research but you recommended none!
Evidently my sources far exceed yours.
Of course my main source is God's word the Bible and that goes without saying!
When you decided that your religion offered the truest version of reality what was the reasoning that lead to that conclusion? How much room do you allow for other ideas to compete with your religious affiliation's ideas?

For example, let's say I'm a Scientologist. Someone tells me that L. Ron Hubbard created Scientology first as an alternative to psychiatry then changed it to a religion because there was more money in it. Let's say that I've been taught by the church that Hubbard made that change only because of the evil IRS trying to destroy him. Yet every source I can dig up outside the church supports the idea that Hubbard's main goal was always to be rich and powerful, not to speak the truth about reality.

If I am genuinely interested in seeking a good understanding of reality I would consider the evidence against Hubbard to be heavier than the evidence for him. Hard as it might be, I might have to break from my religion rather than sacrifice my reason and self-determination.

If you were in that same situation would you allow your devotion to your church outweigh your sense of reason? I ask this because I know that in the Bible there are passages that tell you to resist the words of non-believers. So what I want to know is would you truly resist your own sense of reason and the sound arguments of non-believers and adhere to something that seems to be false or highly unlikely to be true?

Which is more important, faith or reason?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#95580 Mar 3, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a public library here in our neighborhood that is one good place to go to do research on almost any subject. There is Wickipedia on line. The Watchtower Bible and Tract Society publishes information on almost any subject and every article is well reasearched and the source is listed so one can check for accurcy. I watch quite a bit of TV like the History channel. I am always careful to not accept everything. Some sources are very misleading especially information about Jehovah's Witnesses. I am always surprised how so many will post outright lies with nothing to support their statements.
Now I've revealed some of the sources for my information.
I await for your sources and how you determine if something is true or not.
This should be a slam dunk then.
CrMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Give us the hard (and accurate should go without asking) facts based on universal laws that prove the Earth's land masses were completely submerged 4,500 years ago.
A mere 4,500 years ago.
Still waiting...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 23 min Hatti_Hollerand 3,605
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 25 min Hatti_Hollerand 405
who's the best lay from the creek 41 min Short stuff 4
dinky phipps 2 hr school 1
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 2 hr concerned 11
Rickie smith from1304 3 hr Exfemale 12
Obama and the Democrats inciting violence again... 5 hr Jack 4
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 7 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 8 hr jack 7
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:00 am PST

Bleacher Report 4:00AM
Broncos vs. Bengals: TV Info, Spread, Injury Updates, Game Time and More
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions
NBC Sports11:17 AM
Peyton Manning officially questionable for Monday night
CBS Sports 5:01 AM
Signs of Johnny Manziel's struggles evident in poor practice outings
NFL 6:52 AM
Tennessee Titans prepping for possible Jay Cutler deal