Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
91,241 - 91,260 of 128,758 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago
Google

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
Baptist
I was raised in the Freewill Baptist Church. My uncle was a Freewill Baptist preacher. I joined the nearby Methodist Church when I was 13 years old. My Baptist uncle was on one side and the Methodist Preacher was on the other side as they put me under. I knew they did not agree. Understandably I wondered for a long time if I was Methodist or a Baptist. I came in contact with Jehovah’s Witnesses when I was 27 years old 1964. I did not become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses until I was thoroughly convinced they had the truth. 1972
The first thing I learned (back in 1964) was Matthew 5:5 and Psalm 37:29 Nobody in the Baptist Church had ever told me I had the opportunity to live here on earth forever. I was told by the Baptists that I only had two choices either go to Heaven or Hell! Nobody to this day has been able to show me where the Bible says that. The second thing I learned is that we don't have an immortal soul as the Baptists teach. Ezekiel 18:4 and 20 Ecclesiastes 9:5,10 So if we don't have an immortal soul there is nothing left to burn in a so-called hellfire!
Then I learned that the only hope for mankind is God's Kingdom Matthew 6:9,10 Isaiah 9:6 and the only hope for the dead depends on the resurrection by Jesus Christ. Acts 24:15 John 5:28,29
This truth I would like to shove down some of my relative’s throat. But the truth won’t go in that way it has to reach the mind and heart.
Ha, so you were around for the big lie of 1975 when they said the end would come and the big lie for this generation will not pass away? You've lived through two of their false prophesies yet you still peddle their crap? So when is their next end date? It has to be soon to keep their lie alive doesn't it?

Drink the Kool aid, it doesn't need ice or sugar, its good as is.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I ate 3 country ham biscuits, and left a contrail from the kitchen to my recliner.
I think it was a single, but I didn't stick around to examine.
How are ye, you Hillbilly?
Still strum that 6-string? Best regards.
Hey ya old chicken plucker... I'm peachy... and yea I'm trying to keep the hands working... Got the bike in parts all over the house so the pickens on the back burner at the moment... Same here bud wish you the best of daze......

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
Rumors are carried by HATERS
Spread by FOOLS
and accepted by IDOTS!
I'm not usually given to gossip, but the story around the water fountain is that the Jehovah Witnesses are true followers of Jesus and that the Bible is not only accurate, but is actually the indisputable Word of God.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Google wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha, so you were around for the big lie of 1975 when they said the end would come and the big lie for this generation will not pass away? You've lived through two of their false prophesies yet you still peddle their crap? So when is their next end date? It has to be soon to keep their lie alive doesn't it?
Spread by FOOLS
and accepted by IDOTS!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Spread by FOOLS
and accepted by IDOTS!
Will have to make a sign with that on it for the JW's that spread their rumors around the neighborhood from time to time... So they know I don't except the rumors they spread....
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Google wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if psople (like you) would manage their stupidity!

They never said the end would come in 1975! They said it COULD come in 1975. It COULD come tomorrow! Now what false reasonong do you have to complain about that?

It is you who is trying to peddle----!You have been mislead by drinking the Devil's brew! You know it is not good as is but you chose to drink it anyway

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if psople (like you) would manage their stupidity!
They never said the end would come in 1975! They said it COULD come in 1975. It COULD come tomorrow! Now what false reasonong do you have to complain about that?
It is you who is trying to peddle----!You have been mislead by drinking the Devil's brew! You know it is not good as is but you chose to drink it anyway
Oh bull shit! It was said that the world WILL nd on bah blah blah. Not that it could and you know it!
Liar
Google

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
They said it would end in 75 and its your new Faithful and Discreet slave, the GB, that's saying they didn't say that and doing some backpedaling. What about millions now living will never die and this generation will not pass away? Well it did didn't it but damn if they didn't hold on to that till the end. They had to, that "generation" is what 99 years old now?

Jesus came back invisibly? Really?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
So then Satanic Priest COULD be right all along.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So then Satanic Priest COULD be right all along.
LOL
ravcax

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

youtube.com/watch... ………… Questioning a its purpose?
Blahblahblah

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Oh bull shit! It was said that the world WILL nd on bah blah blah. Not that it could and you know it!
Liar
Columbus said te world was flat too.

Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

(and besides, the bible SAYS, no man knows...
Matthew 24:36
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of Heaven, but my Father only.

Revelation 3:3
Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. IF therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.)

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of Heaven, but my Father only.
Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. IF therefore thou shalt not watch, I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.)
If jesus sneaks in to my bed room at night I will unload my shotgun on him
Google

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Matthew 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

The JWs use this scripture as proof that they know when the end is coming. They've been screaming it for years. Haven't got it right yet.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Google wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.
The JWs use this scripture as proof that they know when the end is coming. They've been screaming it for years. Haven't got it right yet.
Matthew 24:14
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Go to www.jw.org to find your answers.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If jesus sneaks in to my bed room at night I will unload my shotgun on him
He'll just come back and screw with you in 3 days....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
Go to www.jw.org to find your answers.
Naw.... Once you read one cults stuff you've read them all...
Google

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Matthew 24:14
Lol, you think the JWs are right because they knock on peoples doors? Sure doesn't take much to drag you in. Doesn't your cult leaders tell you to stay away from places like this? I'm sure if you told your elders you were visiting Apostate sites they would drag you into the library and give you a stern talking to.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Judged:

Buck Crick wrote:
<quoted text>
I ate 3 country ham biscuits, and left a contrail from the kitchen to my recliner.
I think it was a single, but I didn't stick around to examine.
How are ye, you Hillbilly?
Still strum that 6-string? Best regards.
Good to see yer still around!
:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

48 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
legalize marijuana 19 min ole hippy 6
state police pulling people over on 25e. 52 min mike 3
Help me out! 1 hr MafiaCustomz 3
whats wrong with Shannon Fergerson? 1 hr na na 3
whats wrong with stephanie Mills from gregory l... 1 hr na na 3
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jack 146,425
Home!! 1 hr help 1
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 9 hr contempt 417
Stivers Center fixes 11 hr smokejumper 54