Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,561)

Showing posts 91,201 - 91,220 of128,054
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
How stupid can you be

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

rational wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, teaching the bible could cause many people to become atheists. Have you people actually read this thing? Ir just had it preached at you?
Darkness hates the light!
Better to be on the Good side... don't ya think?
God is real, and you have a choice...
Choose wisely!
How stupid can you be

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So the christian cult is a new religion with a new god. You deny the god of the old testament so you created a new god. From your words.
We cannot even fix yer stupid with Duct tape...
But we could muffle the sounds you make!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

1CountryBumpkin wrote:
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. C. S. Lewis
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

CommonSense101 wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG. No fact at all to what you jsut typed, only your mere opinion.
MY Opinion however-is different-based on definative meanings of the following words-
Obvioulsy for many, evolution is their "religion" per say.
Or there wouldn't be a "Society" of it.
Religion:
Religions, by which are meant the modes of divine
worship proper to different tribes, nations, or
communities, and based on the belief held in common
by the members of them severally.... There is no
living religion without something like a doctrine.
On the other hand, a doctrine, however elaborate,
does not constitute a religion.--C. P. Tiele
(Encyc.
Brit.).
Community:
2. A body of people having common rights, privileges, or
interests, or living in the same place under the same laws
and regulations; as, a community of monks. Hence a number
of animals living in a common home or with some apparent
association of interests.
[1913 Webster]
Society (See also: Community)
NOUN (4)
1. an extended social group having a distinctive cultural and economic organization;
2. a formal association of people with similar interests;
- Example: "he joined a golf club"
- Example: "they formed a small lunch society"
See the common thread there yet?
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Chromi, waste of time that one is like yaa impervious to truth, reason and logic.
"YOUR" truth comes from Satan himself!
God is Real, and I'll take HIS Truth over yours EVERYDAY!
You will Know the Truth... soon!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
And then there is this...
http://youtu.be/LizHgQ44ShI
Interesting!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Well...
I thought it would take me a long time to catch up...
but I see nothing has changed!
There were some good posts, not so good posts, and
some really stupid posts!
I see a group of people on here, that reminds me of this lady
when she finally got to see what Sandy did to her
neighborhood...
She said "I don't even recognise my neighborhood!", as it was just a pile of sand with
peices of houses here, n there...
Not forgetting what Jesus said "He who listens to
my words, and does them, is like a man
who builds his house on solid rock...
He who does not follow my words is like
a man who builds his house on sand...!"
You who argues against God's existance...
You've built yer house on the sand, and
when the end comes, and it WILL come...
You'll have the same dumbfounded look on yer face
as she did!
God is real... Jesus is real... I know it
sure as I'm sitting here!
Save yer self from looking, and knowing how stupid you were...
Seek God with ALL of your heart, and you will
find The Truth, and you will thank God you did!
Amen!
Have a Blessed day :-)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting!
Also something that has bothered me from the first time I saw this... Look at the contrails left behind.... there are two separated contrails until the object detonates and then it is a single contrail...

Look at past meteorites and all have a single contrail as you would expect from a ball of rock .... The Only way I can see a object leaving twin contrails while burning through the atmosphere is if it was aerodynamic and produced wing tip vortex causing the trailing contrail to split and rotate around the wake vortex of each wingtip...

I have considered this a lot and cannot find a mechanism for a single stone to cause a twin contrail....

http://youtu.be/VMvvVbQcCBo...
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Hello DontCare, nice to see your post. Just trying to provide some "expert advice" on helping solve the debate on nuclear power. Expelling internal gas is cost efficient and less damaging to the earth and plants. May be a bit smelly...hehehe
That is hilarious. I'm glad to see you still around posting.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"YOUR" truth comes from Satan himself!
That has been said for hundreds of years and we laugh at you every time because...well we are still here aren't we

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Also something that has bothered me from the first time I saw this... Look at the contrails left behind.... there are two separated contrails until the object detonates and then it is a single contrail...
Look at past meteorites and all have a single contrail as you would expect from a ball of rock .... The Only way I can see a object leaving twin contrails while burning through the atmosphere is if it was aerodynamic and produced wing tip vortex causing the trailing contrail to split and rotate around the wake vortex of each wingtip...
I have considered this a lot and cannot find a mechanism for a single stone to cause a twin contrail....
http://youtu.be/VMvvVbQcCBo...
"as you would expect from a ball..." However, there is nothing that mandates the rock was either a (roughly spherical) ball or an air foil. An irregular shape will produce an asymmetric bow wave.
Lord help us all

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Children need to hear about JESUS and GOD. The world has become so corrupt that everybody has pushed word of God away from the children. The truth is in the Holy Bible. If people would seek God and Jesus as their salvation the world would be a much better place.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Lord help us all wrote:
Children need to hear about JESUS and GOD. The world has become so corrupt that everybody has pushed word of God away from the children. The truth is in the Holy Bible. If people would seek God and Jesus as their salvation the world would be a much better place.
Salvation? Salvation from what? History shows that we need salvation from your evil cult!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"as you would expect from a ball..." However, there is nothing that mandates the rock was either a (roughly spherical) ball or an air foil. An irregular shape will produce an asymmetric bow wave.
Then you would expect a variable contrail since a single irregular shape would be unstable as it interacts with the atmosphere... Along the path the trailing wake would follow the variability presented as material is vaporized off the object causing the contrail in the first place... Contrails are produced by modern aircraft by water vapor and particulates that are warm and cool into a condensate when conditions are correct at altitude, by particulates alone when poor combustion occurs, or actual released particulates such as smoke canisters...

Now consider a Rock... Even a comet fragment with large water content... to produce a contrail either there has to be a burn off of solid material or a vaporization of water that then cools ... In both cases it means the object is losing mass and structure.. So again the left behind contrail should be variable or a single as the object altered shape... In the first vid and others you will see contrails that vary as material is lost and the shape causes the contrail to vary in size and shape in relation to the object.. In the second you can see the twisted vortex pattern of the two contrails as you would expect from a wing tip produced vortex as the object burns off material from it's leading edges with no variation you would expect from a non aerodynamic shaped object...

http://youtu.be/wIv7wL9nWMQ
http://youtu.be/nsNPIyxwPlE

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"YOUR" truth comes from Satan himself!
"..the Truth?"
You mean like day and night being created before the sun and moon, and a dozen other glaring discrepancies in the creation story? You mean like Cain building a "city" when the only people on Earth were the relatives of his murder victim? You mean like the dozen civilizations that survived the "flood", and that the Earth has no geological record of it ever happening? You mean like population statistics and the genetic record disproving the Garden of Eden myth in the first place? You mean like the anatomical and physical impossibility of surviving 3 days in the belly of a swimming fish - both for the human and every known species of fish? You mean like 3 inbred breeding pairs creating enough offspring in a few generations to be a large enough population to take on a building project like the Tower of Babel? You mean like Solomon's molten sea containing over 10 times the amount of water it physically could have? You mean like no archaeological evidence of an Egyptian army at the bottom of the Red Sea?
Et cetera, et al?
-
That "Truth?"

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you would expect a variable contrail since a single irregular shape would be unstable as it interacts with the atmosphere... Along the path the trailing wake would follow the variability presented as material is vaporized off the object causing the contrail in the first place... Contrails are produced by modern aircraft by water vapor and particulates that are warm and cool into a condensate when conditions are correct at altitude, by particulates alone when poor combustion occurs, or actual released particulates such as smoke canisters...
Now consider a Rock... Even a comet fragment with large water content... to produce a contrail either there has to be a burn off of solid material or a vaporization of water that then cools ... In both cases it means the object is losing mass and structure.. So again the left behind contrail should be variable or a single as the object altered shape... In the first vid and others you will see contrails that vary as material is lost and the shape causes the contrail to vary in size and shape in relation to the object.. In the second you can see the twisted vortex pattern of the two contrails as you would expect from a wing tip produced vortex as the object burns off material from it's leading edges with no variation you would expect from a non aerodynamic shaped object...
http://youtu.be/wIv7wL9nWMQ
http://youtu.be/nsNPIyxwPlE
I wasn't referring to heating and cooling or outgassing of (asteroidal) ices or other materials, but of compression and expansion of atmosphere resulting in condensed water vapor - the twin trails rely on an asymmetric meteoroid having established a non-tumbling equilibrium in flight.
Not saying, just proposing....
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Judged:

Lord help us all wrote:
The truth is in the Holy Bible, KKK agrees.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't referring to heating and cooling or outgassing of (asteroidal) ices or other materials, but of compression and expansion of atmosphere resulting in condensed water vapor - the twin trails rely on an asymmetric meteoroid having established a non-tumbling equilibrium in flight.
Not saying, just proposing....
Well it seems highly improbable that such a stable flight path would occur but without direct access to all the data we folks will never know but It just bothers me when compared to all other such events we have seen in the past... Back in the 50's a straight flyby inside the atmosphere happened and it also left a contrail but it was again a single residual without any edge generated vortex patterns... I have looked and looked and have yet to find a image of a meteor leaving a rotating twin contrail... So I'm just saying it needs to be studied in depth to understand the dynamics of what happened...

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"..the Truth?"
You mean like day and night being created before the sun and moon, and a dozen other glaring discrepancies in the creation story? You mean like Cain building a "city" when the only people on Earth were the relatives of his murder victim? You mean like the dozen civilizations that survived the "flood", and that the Earth has no geological record of it ever happening? You mean like population statistics and the genetic record disproving the Garden of Eden myth in the first place? You mean like the anatomical and physical impossibility of surviving 3 days in the belly of a swimming fish - both for the human and every known species of fish? You mean like 3 inbred breeding pairs creating enough offspring in a few generations to be a large enough population to take on a building project like the Tower of Babel? You mean like Solomon's molten sea containing over 10 times the amount of water it physically could have? You mean like no archaeological evidence of an Egyptian army at the bottom of the Red Sea?
Et cetera, et al?
-
That "Truth?"
How far back does China's written records go?
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

Was Chelyabinsk meteor actually a meteor? Many Russians don't think so.

Lidiya Rykhlova, an expert at the Institute of Applied Astronomy in Moscow.

"Unfortunately we stopped teaching astronomy in our schools long ago; people are not equipped, or inclined to see these things in a rational light. I read recently about a survey that found half the population of the world believes that the Sun revolves around the Earth. There you go," she say

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2013/02...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 91,201 - 91,220 of128,054
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

63 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Re. Maggie Milles 7 min Just Looking 1
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 18 min harmonious 144,990
Truddy 25 min Just Looking 3
looking for a mini pot belly pig 53 min Shy 3
KC Basketball Coach 1 hr Panther Fanz 71
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 3,742
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 1 hr onefoehim 390
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000