Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
91,181 - 91,200 of 128,950 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Study the bible to learn wisdom and math texts to learn arithmetic.
Okay.
Pi = circumference/diameter = 3.14
1 Kings 7:23 circumference/diameter = 3
(The wisdom of God mathematics.)

Precipitation for 960 hours accumulated a minimum of 10,000 feet (plus 15 cubits)= over 10 feet per hour of rainfall.(the wisdom of God meteorology) No terrestrial features were impacted.(The wisdom of God geology.)

The flood occurred around 4,300 years ago. The oldest cities have been continuously inhabited since the beginning of the Chalcolithic period,(up to) roughly twice that long ago, and many, many sites predate the biblical record of the Garden of Eden.(The wisdom of God archaeology.) There is no human population bottleneck registered to 2300 BCE (the wisdom of God genetics) but if there were, in a couple generations there was a population surplus capable of building the Tower of Babel (the wisdom of God reproductive rates).

I can see how miraculous God "wisdom" is way more accurate than mundane arithmetic for Brain_D.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay.
Pi = circumference/diameter = 3.14
1 Kings 7:23 circumference/diameter = 3
(The wisdom of God mathematics.)
Precipitation for 960 hours accumulated a minimum of 10,000 feet (plus 15 cubits)= over 10 feet per hour of rainfall.(the wisdom of God meteorology) No terrestrial features were impacted.(The wisdom of God geology.)
The flood occurred around 4,300 years ago. The oldest cities have been continuously inhabited since the beginning of the Chalcolithic period,(up to) roughly twice that long ago, and many, many sites predate the biblical record of the Garden of Eden.(The wisdom of God archaeology.) There is no human population bottleneck registered to 2300 BCE (the wisdom of God genetics) but if there were, in a couple generations there was a population surplus capable of building the Tower of Babel (the wisdom of God reproductive rates).
I can see how miraculous God "wisdom" is way more accurate than mundane arithmetic for Brain_D.
You left out that boat that had a finite external size yet a seemingly infinite inside size since it was big enough to hold a several square miles of bugs, mammals, birds, fish, reptiles and amphibians....(the wisdom of God's spacial constructs)

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You left out that boat that had a finite external size yet a seemingly infinite inside size since it was big enough to hold a several square miles of bugs, mammals, birds, fish, reptiles and amphibians....(the wisdom of God's spacial constructs)
I had accounted for that. Since the flood by necessity predated Pangaea, the Ark was in fact a TARDIS.(The wisdom of God's space time automotive engineering.)

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I had accounted for that. Since the flood by necessity predated Pangaea, the Ark was in fact a TARDIS.(The wisdom of God's space time automotive engineering.)
Did it have a phone?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it have a phone?
No... the snakes couldn't manage the dial and the donkeys had trouble holding the handset to their ear, so God put in a Dirac intercom.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no. You forget that, to a Creationist, the terms are mutable depending on the context. The animals Noah collected were "forms" of creatures. So he had 2 bugs, 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 lizards, etc. And somehow from those limited sets many species..........evolved??

Hmm...

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No... the snakes couldn't manage the dial and the donkeys had trouble holding the handset to their ear, so God put in a Dirac intercom.
Kewl... Ain't dimensional technology grand... Still trying to figure out sub space communications here....

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no. You forget that, to a Creationist, the terms are mutable depending on the context. The animals Noah collected were "forms" of creatures. So he had 2 bugs, 2 cats, 2 dogs, 2 lizards, etc. And somehow from those limited sets many species..........evolved??
Hmm...
So maybe Noah had a boat load or primordial goo from the get go...
what

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
Read Matthew 6:9,10 and find the solution to mankinds problems, GOD'S KINGDOM! When that prayer is answered then all of our problems will be solved.
Jeremiah 10:23 Man cannot direct his own steps...much less solve mankinds problems! Only God by means of his Kingdom can solve all of our problems!
Psalm 37:9-11, 29 Isaiah 9:6,7
the solution to mankinds problems isnt in the bible. if it was left up to jehova he would just kill us all and start over like he did over and over in the old testament. the problems with mankind are the beliefs in old world cult superstition and ppl willing to commit suicide and everything for the invisible man in the sky.
unknown

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

wastes taxes dollars it don't do no good to teach in church so why worry about schools no body will learn now day no way .
Rightie

Hazel Crest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Hardly a waste of tax dollars

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Rightie wrote:
Hardly a waste of tax dollars
My tax dollars are not going to promote your cult!
The Satanic religion is more moral and promotes the advancement of humans through science and progress so lets teach Satanism in schools.(you do not really want to teach the bible, you want to brain wash children in to not reading the bible and blindly following what YOU say. Your cult does not follow anything that your god said)
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

I suppose you are aware that nuclear waste is very hard to dispose of The US knew they could not dump it in the ocean because of the polution, so they signed a contract with Australia to despose of it...guess what they did with it? Yep they dumped it in the ocean! The last I heard they were planning to try to shoot it at the sun...no telling what a catasterphy that may cause!
Do you have any idea how they can despose of it safely? Jeremiah 10:23 says Man cannot direct his own step. But God can. How much energy is produced by the sun everyday and when did you get an energy bill from God?
See Matthew 6:9,10. It don't matter wheather you believe it or not God will soon take over the rulership of the earth Daniel 2:44 and Revelation 11:18 the last part of that verse says God will destroy those who would destroy the earth.
It should be evident to anyone with a reasoning mind would know that only God has the wisdom and the ability to solve mankinds problems including energy problems.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Taking five black candles (no white, this is not Lavey Satanism) and place them in the position of the five points of the pentagram (at the edge of your circle)
Light the top left and invoke Satan and the fire of evil, move counter clockwise and light the next candle, invoke Belial and the land of evil, move to the bottom candle and invoke Leviathan and the sea of evil, move up to the next candle and invoke Beelsebub and invoke the sky of evil, the last candle invoke Lucifer and invoke the race of evil.
This creates your sacred space.
You may now invoke your God and or Goddess or what ever spirit you choose.
The unholy circle is a very powerful sacred space. It can be used for ritual or just meditation.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
I suppose you are aware that nuclear waste is very hard to dispose of The US knew they could not dump it in the ocean because of the polution, so they signed a contract with Australia to despose of it...guess what they did with it? Yep they dumped it in the ocean! The last I heard they were planning to try to shoot it at the sun...no telling what a catasterphy that may cause!
Do you have any idea how they can despose of it safely? Jeremiah 10:23 says Man cannot direct his own step. But God can. How much energy is produced by the sun everyday and when did you get an energy bill from God?
See Matthew 6:9,10. It don't matter wheather you believe it or not God will soon take over the rulership of the earth Daniel 2:44 and Revelation 11:18 the last part of that verse says God will destroy those who would destroy the earth.
It should be evident to anyone with a reasoning mind would know that only God has the wisdom and the ability to solve mankinds problems including energy problems.
With the billions of dollars we have given shit countries like Israel and Haiti we should be able to dump nuclear waste there. No loss to the world if their population drops..........
(I am still waiting to hear what Hitler did that was so wrong)
blahblahblah

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you lost me. I can decipher the "givverment" phonetics but I have no idea what peyote you're using in the last bit.
lol
MutantGlowwormfl ies

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
Taking five black candles (no white, this is not Lavey Satanism) and place them in the position of the five points of the pentagram (at the edge of your circle)
Light the top left and invoke Satan and the fire of evil, move counter clockwise and light the next candle, invoke Belial and the land of evil, move to the bottom candle and invoke Leviathan and the sea of evil, move up to the next candle and invoke Beelsebub and invoke the sky of evil, the last candle invoke Lucifer and invoke the race of evil.
This creates your sacred space.
You may now invoke your God and or Goddess or what ever spirit you choose.
The unholy circle is a very powerful sacred space. It can be used for ritual or just meditation.
How about a porterpotty?
Google

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
Yes God has done a wonderful job. He did so well with the dinosaurs he wiped them all out. Did a great job with Adam and Eve with the whole perfection thing going on. He flooded the Earth killing 99.999999% of every living thing, not just humans and he promises to come back and kill another 99% of us. He is only going to save the JWs and everyone else gets killed. Not to mention he couldn't even keep his own house clean in heaven. Not only did Satan tell God to piss off, a third of the angels agreed with Satan. 1 out of 3 angels that lived with God decided they would rather be destroyed than live with God.

Yeah, got to love God, he's a great guy that loves to destroy things.

So whats the new light on "millions now living will never die" bull crap? That's not something you guys like talking about is it, failed prophecies?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Hello DontCare, nice to see your post. Just trying to provide some "expert advice" on helping solve the debate on nuclear power. Expelling internal gas is cost efficient and less damaging to the earth and plants. May be a bit smelly...hehehe
Hmm... rumors of your death are much exaggerated!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
Horsey puckey doo doo... Nuke waste is simple to get rid of... The difficult part is getting people to let you get rid of it...

Run it through a glassification process and bury it 2 miles below the water table in a desert holding vault that we have already spend several billion dollars building... Job Done... But because idiotic environmentalist won't let us and instead we have to keep all our used fuel rod in holding tanks on site at power station and reactors .... With this ludicrous view that it May not be safe for 20,000 years... When for all we know that waste may be a great usable power source or game changing product in the future... Remember that when we started drilling for and using Oil it was for Kerosine and the Gasoline byproduct was considered hazardous waste... Until someone figured out a use for it...

Heck we have mile after mile of Salt Mines under Detroit that have been stable for millions of years and It's Detroit... It's about to close up shop anyway...

So you are very wrong about nuke waste being hard to get rid of.. It's actually very simple, well understood, storage sites already paid for and built, plants already built to turn it to a solid glass Containers designed to withstand a full speed hit by a locomotive to carry it to the sites .... But Irrational Fear keeps it from being done ..... And forces it to be kept above ground in dangerous conditions...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

21 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min wtf 146,969
Corn for Sale 22 min gator 7
i miss my amy 36 min Amy 8
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 3 hr Hand Unloads 3
Dentist AJ Smith 3 hr Been there 3
Is James Brown single? (Apr '13) 3 hr Wildcat99 10
New club in Barbourville? 3 hr boozer 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••