Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,856

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#95469 Feb 26, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if psople (like you) would manage their stupidity!
They never said the end would come in 1975! They said it COULD come in 1975. It COULD come tomorrow! Now what false reasonong do you have to complain about that?
It is you who is trying to peddle----!You have been mislead by drinking the Devil's brew! You know it is not good as is but you chose to drink it anyway
Here's a quote from the JWs from 1966:

"The published timetable resulting from this independent study gives the date of man's creation as 4026 B.C.E. According to this trustworthy Bible chronology six thousand years from man's creation will end in 1975, and the seventh period of a thousand years of human history will begin in the fall of 1975 C.E. So six thousand years of man's existence on earth will soon be up, yes, within this generation. So in not many years within our own generation we are reaching what Jehovah God could view as the seventh day of man's existence. How appropriate it would be for Jehovah God to make of this coming seventh period of a thousand years a sabbath period of rest and release, a great Jubilee sabbath for the proclaiming of liberty throughout the earth to all its inhabitants! This would be most timely for mankind. It would also be most fitting on God's part, for, remember, mankind has yet ahead of it what the last book of the Holy Bible speaks of as the reign of Jesus Christ over earth for a thousand years, the millennial reign of Christ. It would not be by mere chance or accident but would be according to the loving purpose of Jehovah God for the reign of Jesus Christ, the 'Lord of the Sabbath,' to run parallel with the seventh millennium of man's existence." Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God 1966 pp.26-30

Notice they say 1975 pretty clearly.

This page has a bunch of data on the 1975 prediction:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/1975.php

The only way you can reject this information and say that they never predicted the end of the world is to completely isolate yourself from the world outside the Watchtower.

And that is exactly what a cult would want you to do. Think about it.
Google

Hazard, KY

#95470 Feb 26, 2013
Known Fact claims to be a dedicated JW in 75 so he knows these things. The fact that he was there and denies it happened just shows that he doesn't care to tell lies. The JWs made their members feel like it was their fault for thinking it was coming in 75 even tho the GB pushed this date on them.

Now the JWs couldn't get off to easy on "this generation" teaching and "the millions now living will never die" lie. They said it, preached it, kept their kids out of college for it and when it didn't happen, the JWs just call it new light and say its going to happen any day now.

I guess when you spend your life telling everyone how your God is going to kill everyone, when he doesn't you kind of get to stand there looking stupid.
Google

Hazard, KY

#95472 Feb 26, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't have to manage my anger if psople (like you) would manage their stupidity!
They never said the end would come in 1975! They said it COULD come in 1975. It COULD come tomorrow! Now what false reasonong do you have to complain about that?
It is you who is trying to peddle----!You have been mislead by drinking the Devil's brew! You know it is not good as is but you chose to drink it anyway
And they keep their children dumb so they will stay in the cult.

"Many schools now have student counselors who encourage one to pursue higher education after high school, to pursue a career with a future in this system of things. Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world. This world has very little time left! Any "future" this world offers is no future! Wisely, then, let God's Word influence you in selecting a course that will result in your protection and blessing. Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry, with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service your goal. This is a life that offers an everlasting future!" Watchtower 1969 Mar 15 p.171

Now they tell these kids that never went ot college and probably had to do hard labor all their lives to not worry about their retirement. They tell them not to start putting back for when they are to old to work that that is a lack of faith. They still want them out there selling their books until they die.

Its pathetic what you've done to those kids. Then you let your children die if they need a blood transfusion because the bible says not to eat blood? Seriously man, your cult is dangerous.
Google

Hazard, KY

#95473 Feb 26, 2013
"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years. Of the generation that observed the beginning of the "last days" in 1914, Jesus foretold: "This generation will by no means pass away until all these things occur."-Matt. 24:34. Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in highschool and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!" Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#95474 Feb 26, 2013
Google wrote:
<quoted text>
And they keep their children dumb so they will stay in the cult.
"Many schools now have student counselors who encourage one to pursue higher education after high school, to pursue a career with a future in this system of things. Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world. This world has very little time left! Any "future" this world offers is no future! Wisely, then, let God's Word influence you in selecting a course that will result in your protection and blessing. Make pioneer service, the full-time ministry, with the possibility of Bethel or missionary service your goal. This is a life that offers an everlasting future!" Watchtower 1969 Mar 15 p.171
Now they tell these kids that never went ot college and probably had to do hard labor all their lives to not worry about their retirement. They tell them not to start putting back for when they are to old to work that that is a lack of faith. They still want them out there selling their books until they die.
Its pathetic what you've done to those kids. Then you let your children die if they need a blood transfusion because the bible says not to eat blood? Seriously man, your cult is dangerous.
http://youtu.be/4AuxJH2Mj30

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#95475 Feb 26, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Go to www.jw.org to find your answers.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95476 Feb 26, 2013
Don't rely on prejudiced sources for reliable information! It would be like going to the Pharasees to get correct information about Jesus.

Go to to the source www.jw.org to find your answers

“See how you are?”

Earth

#95477 Feb 26, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Don't rely on prejudiced sources for reliable information! It would be like going to the Pharasees to get correct information about Jesus.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95478 Feb 26, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UO7HY7Nz398XX
Oh yea this website is just sooooo much better than going to www.jw.org Did you try it?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#95480 Feb 26, 2013
Holy shitake mushrooms, this thread is STILL alive???
I haven't logged into Topix in about two years and this thing is still chugging along. Wow!

What's the topic dejour? Ahhh, whether or not Jehovah Witnesses are a cult?

I'm going to go with a "yes" on that one.
I studied with them when I was very young and impressionable. It didn't last long.
Google

Hazard, KY

#95481 Feb 26, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
And that is how they keep you stupid and gullible. You are not allowed to visit or read anything that they don't approve of. Anyone that was DF'd the scream they are an Apostate and you can't even tell them hi. You sure the hell aren't allowed to be on here and a web site that does nothing but quote the stupid crap is also off limits. Everything I posted came out of your cult magazine, its the same crap you peddle at doors so what, you have no comment on it?

God I feel sorry for the kids in that cult. I knew a girl that was born in, baptized at 14, DF'd at 16 and was treated like a piece of dirt until she turned 18 and moved out. Her stupid parents home schooled her so she was dumb as a rock and had to strip to support herself and put herself through school. The fact you idiots disown your children shows how dangerous of a cult you are.

And selfish, you are the most selfish group around. You have not one charity and knocking on peoples doors early in the morning doesn't count as one. You guys take a loan out from your cult leaders to build a hall, you use free labor, you pay the loan back to the people who own the building anyway. How much sense does that make? Thats why they keep you stupid so you don't know any better.

I bet you own a cleaning business don't you? I'll give the JWs that, they sure do make great janitors.
So true

Campbellsville, KY

#95482 Feb 26, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
You all have a Great day...
I'm doing some more floors, and remods...
see ya when I can :-)
good day to u as well.., hope its a good one.,
So true

Campbellsville, KY

#95483 Feb 26, 2013
Peace too each of you on those days you need it most...

“See how you are?”

Earth

#95484 Feb 26, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yea this website is just sooooo much better than going to www.jw.org Did you try it?
What don't you understand? Spam is spam. You have to be a delusional nincompoop to believe that people enjoy or benefit from you knocking on their doors and shoving flyers under their windshield wipers - or cutting and pasting page after page of completely IRRELEVANT articles from WT and Awake and promoting your religion's website on Topix.
Show of hands? Who finds the JW's solicitations to be inappropriate, condescending and disrespectful?
Have you seen WITW, SP, YaA or ANYONE else posting links to their covens, churches, sects or denominations? I'd call them on it, too - but I've never needed to because they are more honorable than you are. Why do you f'in' THINK I've told YOU to walk the Loop WalMart parking lot with a sandwich board?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95485 Feb 26, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Google

Hazard, KY

#95486 Feb 26, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Known Fact wrote:
I never point out grammar because I think its rude and discourages people from posting but since you push a cult that forces their children not to get an education I'm going to at least show you how to spell Pharisees.

Blind faith is a horrible thing. You go around telling people their religion sucks because your religion sucks even worse. Tell us about the Conti case. You know where the JWs were ordered to pay what, 28 million I think? They have to pay that because your cult lets children get raped and are no better than the Catholic priest you love to point out. You guys, the JWs have the largest pedophile lawsuit out of everyone. Does that make you proud?

Your cult hurts children.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#95487 Feb 26, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Known Fact wrote:
Didn't read my post, did you schmuck? SPAM IS SPAM.
Apparently your wealth of knowledge doesn't apply to earthly concerns? Well then:

"Spam is the use of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited bulk messages, especially advertising, indiscriminately. While the most widely recognized form of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuses in other media."

so true

Morgantown, KY

#95490 Feb 27, 2013
We will meet again my friend,
A hundred years from today
Far away from where we lived
And where we used to play.

We will know each others' eyes
And wonder where we met
Your laugh will sound familiar
Your heart, I won't forget.

We will meet, I'm sure of this,
But let's not wait till then...
Let's take a walk beneath the stars
And share this world again.

Ron Atchison
so true

Morgantown, KY

#95491 Feb 27, 2013
A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and will sing it back to you when you forget the words..

Lord help me live from day to day,
In such a humble sort of way,
To give a smile, help lift a load,
For those I meet along life's road,
And when I come to my journey's end,
My life I have not lived in vain,
If one dear friend can smile and say,
"I'm glad I met him on life's way

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#95492 Feb 27, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Rumors
Rumors are carried by haters,
Spread by fools,
And accepted by idots!
If you went to church and said you had spent a lot of time reading about evolution by reading Dawkins, Ernst Mayr, and Gould would your church leaders say "Good. It is important to learn about these things so we can discuss them rationally." Or would they discourage you from ever doing it again?

Or perhaps you read some books on the history of religion, or listened to a Teaching Company lecture series on the history of Christianity in the USA. Would they appreciate this or would they ask you to stop doing it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
truck payments 44 min gator 10
Need food badly 52 min Need food badly 25
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 1 hr TOASTup 404
city of barbourville 3 hr Three losers 15
Rats?? just wondering 4 hr pacman 4
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 5 hr yea 2
hp laptop 6 hr travis 15
Porsche mills 10 hr Prayers 17
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 5:47 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick