Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
91,101 - 91,120 of 129,040 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
DuhinnertsayzNOT

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is a good and loving God then why did he order the murder of women and children in 1 Samuel 15:2-3? Is this not the same God? If it is not the same God, where was the good and loving God at that time? Was he just watching the action?
And that's just one story. As you point out, the Bible is full of horror. I have no idea why people think they can tease out a "good and loving" God from that book unless they are willfully ignorant of the horror.
It's got to create some cognitive dissonance in your head to believe something like that while being faced with direct contradictory evidence.
Some people think Gates invented Winders gooey cause he are one dem dar afeists too, but hey ya know.....

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

The christian cult claims that we can not disprove god, yet we have over and over again.
The earth being round not flat, germs not unclean spirits causing illness, spacecraft going much higher than the tower of Babble, the earth orbiting the sun, powerful space telescopes that show us what is out in space (no angels or heaven)
All are proof that there is no god.
MadameCurie

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
The christian cult claims that we can not disprove god, yet we have over and over again.
The earth being round not flat, germs not unclean spirits causing illness, spacecraft going much higher than the tower of Babble, the earth orbiting the sun, powerful space telescopes that show us what is out in space (no angels or heaven)
and Biwl Gates invernted yer gooey hexathingy too-uh!

Modern Science can do amazing things sometimes eh?!

(PS: Sowwee, but the telescopes do NOT do black holes well, so there goeth your noeth proofeth-peabraineth!)

Question: Did duh dark one finduh the little clipping in regards to Derwoods manuscript repetitions yet? Do yew has a pointy tale, cloven feet and horns? we seez the forked tongue...just thought we'd ax about the rest of youz!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
All are Evidence..... None are Proof.... Proof is Only in the mind of the Individual....

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
All are Evidence..... None are Proof.... Proof is Only in the mind of the Individual....
HMMM, that makes sense. All are evidence that there is no god, lots and lots of evidence against, no evidence for.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>HMMM, that makes sense. All are evidence that there is no god, lots and lots of evidence against, no evidence for.
Now that I can agree with.... In Science the only thing that can be accurately be called Proof is a Mathematical Proof and is a term of art in mathematics.... Other than that the Terms "Proof" & "Proven" are Individual Conclusions and never absolutes...

A single piece of Evidence may cause a individual to say a claim is proven but a 1000 pieces of evidence about the same claim to another individual may not cause they to say the claim is proven...

Take the UFO idea... I have studied 1000's of pieces of evidence and I am not convinced that UFO are extraterrestrial craft, I have even taken a photo of what could be classified as a UFO yet all that Evidence has not convinced me of the claim...

Others have seen just one light in the sky are are absolutely convinced of the claim that UFO are extraterrestrial space craft...
The Truth

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

This would be in direct violation of seperation of church, and state, but also the right of freedom from religion. I can't wait to see the justified lawsuits because of this theocratic bill.

To the people saying are founding fathers were Christian, you need to brush up on your history. Most were deists (excluding George Washington who though Christian criticized religion) Deists believe that there is a god, but he doesn't worry, or mettle in what we do in the world. The god in the bible obviously mettled in the world by burning cities, sending a plague on Egypt, and judging our very human nature to be flawed. In other words the founding fathers did not support your longing for theocracy.

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that I can agree with.... In Science the only thing that can be accurately be called Proof is a Mathematical Proof and is a term of art in mathematics.... Other than that the Terms "Proof" & "Proven" are Individual Conclusions and never absolutes...
A single piece of Evidence may cause a individual to say a claim is proven but a 1000 pieces of evidence about the same claim to another individual may not cause they to say the claim is proven...
Take the UFO idea... I have studied 1000's of pieces of evidence and I am not convinced that UFO are extraterrestrial craft, I have even taken a photo of what could be classified as a UFO yet all that Evidence has not convinced me of the claim...
Others have seen just one light in the sky are are absolutely convinced of the claim that UFO are extraterrestrial space craft...
If there was just one bit of evidence that there is a god and we have life after death it would bring comfort because my belief that when we die we no longer exist, no more chemical reactions and electron flow, can be a bummer. But not even one bit of evidence for god has ever been found

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>If there was just one bit of evidence that there is a god and we have life after death it would bring comfort because my belief that when we die we no longer exist, no more chemical reactions and electron flow, can be a bummer. But not even one bit of evidence for god has ever been found
At least no Evidence that can be Verified, Tested and Repeated... And that is what is required for any evidence to be considered valid...
Daisy

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

"The Bible" is not an issue. It's the Gospel and Good News of Jesus Christ. For only those who see it as you, would have an "issue". I will be praying that you would have a sound understanding of the Bible.
kellerman wrote:
It's not appropriate to teach religion in school. we live in a diverse society and can't teach all religions in schools. One has to keep these separate, it's up to the parents to inform their children on religious upbringing. I thought this issue was long solved, but i see it keeps coming back up.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Carl Sagan the GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't even know how to spell "fossil". Argument Invalid.
I was not concerned about spelling when discussing evolution with a moron! I'm surprised you have enough intellegence to notice!

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Daisy wrote:
"The Bible" is not an issue. It's the Gospel and Good News of Jesus Christ. For only those who see it as you, would have an "issue". I will be praying that you would have a sound understanding of the Bible.
<quoted text>
And I will pray to the good Lord Satan that you read your bible, start with this;
“For truly, I say to you, till heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass the law until all is accomplished. Whoever then relaxes one of the least of these commandments and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but he who does them and teaches them shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”(Matthew 5:18-19 RSV) Clearly the Old Testament is to be abided by until the end of human existence itself. None other then Jesus said so.
2) All of the vicious Old Testament laws will be binding forever. "It is easier for Heaven and Earth to pass away than for the smallest part of the letter of the law to become invalid." (Luke 16:17 NAB)
3) Jesus strongly approves of the law and the prophets. He hasn’t the slightest objection to the cruelties of the Old Testament. "Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets. I have come not to abolish but to fulfill. Amen, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest part or the smallest part of a letter will pass from the law, until all things have taken place." (Matthew 5:17 NAB)
3b) "All scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching, for refutation, for correction, and for training in righteousness..." (2 Timothy 3:16 NAB)
3c) "Know this first of all, that there is no prophecy of scripture that is a matter of personal interpretation, for no prophecy ever came through human will; but rather human beings moved by the holy Spirit spoke under the influence of God." (2 Peter 20-21 NAB)

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not concerned about spelling when discussing evolution with a moron! I'm surprised you have enough intelligence to notice!
Dont know what the conversation was, but If some one grasp the concept of what is being said spelling is nugatory.
So what if I mispell a word, you understood what I said!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
I was not concerned about spelling when discussing evolution with a moron! I'm surprised you have enough intellegence to notice!
I'm sure few of us are surprised that you spelled intelligence wrong.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Daisy wrote:
<quoted text>
"...sound understanding of the Bible?" Yes, I've got that and the bonus tee shirt.
You seem to be a nice, pleasant sort of person on the highway of life. But then, I'm seldom impressed with how nicely and pleasantly some people drive.
IntelligentDesig n

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>HMMM, that makes sense. All are evidence that there is no god, lots and lots of evidence against, no evidence for.
Is not "happendstance"
Never was, NEVER will be.

"Phi".

Get used to it.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

IntelligentDesign wrote:
<quoted text>
Is not "happendstance"
Never was, NEVER will be.
"Phi".
Get used to it.
"So you say but cannot demonstrate" - Q
The Truth

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

It's sad when a forum for debate of a theocratic law is lessened to trivial insults on ones grammar.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

“The Time Left Is Reduced”
TIME is running out for this system of things. One reason why many have come to this conclusion is that the very existence of humankind is imperiled. Why, a nuclear holocaust seems so close today that it is said to be just “three minutes to midnight”! Writing on the subject “The Shadow of the Bomb,” Australian journalist Nick Brash stated:“A stick of gelignite weighing half a kilogram is enough to blow a man apart. Yet the nuclear stockpile is the equivalent today of four tonnes of gelignite for every man, woman and child on earth. More than $500 billion has been ploughed into nuclear weapons and more than $40 billion will be spent on weapons around the world this year [1983]. It’s an awesome amount of overkill. Equivalent to spraying a lone mosquito with 10 cans of [the insecticide] Mortein.”—The Sun Weekend Magazine (Melbourne, Australia), April 23, 1983. It is hard to imagine the probable effects of nuclear warfare. Besides the death of hundreds of millions, the pall of global fallout, the ecological impact and the like, there would be incredible disruption of social, political and economic affairs earth wide. In fact, Dr. Brian Martin, a physicist and researcher at the Australian National University, admits:“Simply not enough is known to predict with confidence all the global effects of nuclear war.”
The future seems ominous indeed. But lovers of God, take heart! Although time is running out for the present system of things, mankind will not destroy itself in a chaotic nuclear holocaust. Of that we can be certain, for Jehovah,“the Shaper and Maker” of the earth,“did not create it as a chaos, he shaped it to be inhabited.”(Isaiah 45:18, Byington) Of course, if mankind is to be saved from annihilation, prompt superhuman action must be taken to end this system, as well as its nuclear madness. Happily, the Creator of planet Earth and mankind will soon destroy this wicked, suicidal system. Its time is short because “the great day of Jehovah” is imminent!(Zephaniah 1:14-18) Yet, how comforting to know that during that rapidly approaching day of reckoning,‘Jehovah will guard all those loving him, but all the wicked ones he will annihilate’!—Psalm 145:20.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure few of us are surprised that you spelled intelligence wrong.
You are a lot smarter than I give you credit for! That is better than saying you are not as dumb as I thought you are! Basically it is saying the same thing. Tee Hee!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
New club in Barbourville? 1 hr Bville resident 13
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr Curmudgeon 147,246
Teresa Johnson and Rex 4 hr wondering 5
john sowders 5 hr Lay student 10
Please Ladies answer this question for me 5 hr LMAO 7
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 5 hr Gfm 81,565
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 5 hr Jack 22
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000