Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142409 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Rightie

Chicago, IL

#95387 Feb 23, 2013
Hardly a waste of tax dollars

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#95389 Feb 23, 2013
Rightie wrote:
Hardly a waste of tax dollars
My tax dollars are not going to promote your cult!
The Satanic religion is more moral and promotes the advancement of humans through science and progress so lets teach Satanism in schools.(you do not really want to teach the bible, you want to brain wash children in to not reading the bible and blindly following what YOU say. Your cult does not follow anything that your god said)
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95390 Feb 23, 2013
I suppose you are aware that nuclear waste is very hard to dispose of The US knew they could not dump it in the ocean because of the polution, so they signed a contract with Australia to despose of it...guess what they did with it? Yep they dumped it in the ocean! The last I heard they were planning to try to shoot it at the sun...no telling what a catasterphy that may cause!
Do you have any idea how they can despose of it safely? Jeremiah 10:23 says Man cannot direct his own step. But God can. How much energy is produced by the sun everyday and when did you get an energy bill from God?
See Matthew 6:9,10. It don't matter wheather you believe it or not God will soon take over the rulership of the earth Daniel 2:44 and Revelation 11:18 the last part of that verse says God will destroy those who would destroy the earth.
It should be evident to anyone with a reasoning mind would know that only God has the wisdom and the ability to solve mankinds problems including energy problems.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#95391 Feb 23, 2013
Taking five black candles (no white, this is not Lavey Satanism) and place them in the position of the five points of the pentagram (at the edge of your circle)
Light the top left and invoke Satan and the fire of evil, move counter clockwise and light the next candle, invoke Belial and the land of evil, move to the bottom candle and invoke Leviathan and the sea of evil, move up to the next candle and invoke Beelsebub and invoke the sky of evil, the last candle invoke Lucifer and invoke the race of evil.
This creates your sacred space.
You may now invoke your God and or Goddess or what ever spirit you choose.
The unholy circle is a very powerful sacred space. It can be used for ritual or just meditation.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#95392 Feb 23, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
I suppose you are aware that nuclear waste is very hard to dispose of The US knew they could not dump it in the ocean because of the polution, so they signed a contract with Australia to despose of it...guess what they did with it? Yep they dumped it in the ocean! The last I heard they were planning to try to shoot it at the sun...no telling what a catasterphy that may cause!
Do you have any idea how they can despose of it safely? Jeremiah 10:23 says Man cannot direct his own step. But God can. How much energy is produced by the sun everyday and when did you get an energy bill from God?
See Matthew 6:9,10. It don't matter wheather you believe it or not God will soon take over the rulership of the earth Daniel 2:44 and Revelation 11:18 the last part of that verse says God will destroy those who would destroy the earth.
It should be evident to anyone with a reasoning mind would know that only God has the wisdom and the ability to solve mankinds problems including energy problems.
With the billions of dollars we have given shit countries like Israel and Haiti we should be able to dump nuclear waste there. No loss to the world if their population drops..........
(I am still waiting to hear what Hitler did that was so wrong)
blahblahblah

Somerset, KY

#95393 Feb 23, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you lost me. I can decipher the "givverment" phonetics but I have no idea what peyote you're using in the last bit.
lol
MutantGlowwormfl ies

Somerset, KY

#95395 Feb 23, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Taking five black candles (no white, this is not Lavey Satanism) and place them in the position of the five points of the pentagram (at the edge of your circle)
Light the top left and invoke Satan and the fire of evil, move counter clockwise and light the next candle, invoke Belial and the land of evil, move to the bottom candle and invoke Leviathan and the sea of evil, move up to the next candle and invoke Beelsebub and invoke the sky of evil, the last candle invoke Lucifer and invoke the race of evil.
This creates your sacred space.
You may now invoke your God and or Goddess or what ever spirit you choose.
The unholy circle is a very powerful sacred space. It can be used for ritual or just meditation.
How about a porterpotty?
Google

London, KY

#95396 Feb 23, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Yes God has done a wonderful job. He did so well with the dinosaurs he wiped them all out. Did a great job with Adam and Eve with the whole perfection thing going on. He flooded the Earth killing 99.999999% of every living thing, not just humans and he promises to come back and kill another 99% of us. He is only going to save the JWs and everyone else gets killed. Not to mention he couldn't even keep his own house clean in heaven. Not only did Satan tell God to piss off, a third of the angels agreed with Satan. 1 out of 3 angels that lived with God decided they would rather be destroyed than live with God.

Yeah, got to love God, he's a great guy that loves to destroy things.

So whats the new light on "millions now living will never die" bull crap? That's not something you guys like talking about is it, failed prophecies?

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#95398 Feb 23, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Hello DontCare, nice to see your post. Just trying to provide some "expert advice" on helping solve the debate on nuclear power. Expelling internal gas is cost efficient and less damaging to the earth and plants. May be a bit smelly...hehehe
Hmm... rumors of your death are much exaggerated!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#95399 Feb 23, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Horsey puckey doo doo... Nuke waste is simple to get rid of... The difficult part is getting people to let you get rid of it...

Run it through a glassification process and bury it 2 miles below the water table in a desert holding vault that we have already spend several billion dollars building... Job Done... But because idiotic environmentalist won't let us and instead we have to keep all our used fuel rod in holding tanks on site at power station and reactors .... With this ludicrous view that it May not be safe for 20,000 years... When for all we know that waste may be a great usable power source or game changing product in the future... Remember that when we started drilling for and using Oil it was for Kerosine and the Gasoline byproduct was considered hazardous waste... Until someone figured out a use for it...

Heck we have mile after mile of Salt Mines under Detroit that have been stable for millions of years and It's Detroit... It's about to close up shop anyway...

So you are very wrong about nuke waste being hard to get rid of.. It's actually very simple, well understood, storage sites already paid for and built, plants already built to turn it to a solid glass Containers designed to withstand a full speed hit by a locomotive to carry it to the sites .... But Irrational Fear keeps it from being done ..... And forces it to be kept above ground in dangerous conditions...
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#95400 Feb 24, 2013
rational wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, teaching the bible could cause many people to become atheists. Have you people actually read this thing? Ir just had it preached at you?
Darkness hates the light!
Better to be on the Good side... don't ya think?
God is real, and you have a choice...
Choose wisely!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#95401 Feb 24, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So the christian cult is a new religion with a new god. You deny the god of the old testament so you created a new god. From your words.
We cannot even fix yer stupid with Duct tape...
But we could muffle the sounds you make!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#95402 Feb 24, 2013
1CountryBumpkin wrote:
A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. C. S. Lewis
Amen!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#95403 Feb 24, 2013
CommonSense101 wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG. No fact at all to what you jsut typed, only your mere opinion.
MY Opinion however-is different-based on definative meanings of the following words-
Obvioulsy for many, evolution is their "religion" per say.
Or there wouldn't be a "Society" of it.
Religion:
Religions, by which are meant the modes of divine
worship proper to different tribes, nations, or
communities, and based on the belief held in common
by the members of them severally.... There is no
living religion without something like a doctrine.
On the other hand, a doctrine, however elaborate,
does not constitute a religion.--C. P. Tiele
(Encyc.
Brit.).
Community:
2. A body of people having common rights, privileges, or
interests, or living in the same place under the same laws
and regulations; as, a community of monks. Hence a number
of animals living in a common home or with some apparent
association of interests.
[1913 Webster]
Society (See also: Community)
NOUN (4)
1. an extended social group having a distinctive cultural and economic organization;
2. a formal association of people with similar interests;
- Example: "he joined a golf club"
- Example: "they formed a small lunch society"
See the common thread there yet?
Great post!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#95404 Feb 24, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Chromi, waste of time that one is like yaa impervious to truth, reason and logic.
"YOUR" truth comes from Satan himself!
God is Real, and I'll take HIS Truth over yours EVERYDAY!
You will Know the Truth... soon!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#95405 Feb 24, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
And then there is this...
http://youtu.be/LizHgQ44ShI
Interesting!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#95406 Feb 24, 2013
Well...
I thought it would take me a long time to catch up...
but I see nothing has changed!
There were some good posts, not so good posts, and
some really stupid posts!
I see a group of people on here, that reminds me of this lady
when she finally got to see what Sandy did to her
neighborhood...
She said "I don't even recognise my neighborhood!", as it was just a pile of sand with
peices of houses here, n there...
Not forgetting what Jesus said "He who listens to
my words, and does them, is like a man
who builds his house on solid rock...
He who does not follow my words is like
a man who builds his house on sand...!"
You who argues against God's existance...
You've built yer house on the sand, and
when the end comes, and it WILL come...
You'll have the same dumbfounded look on yer face
as she did!
God is real... Jesus is real... I know it
sure as I'm sitting here!
Save yer self from looking, and knowing how stupid you were...
Seek God with ALL of your heart, and you will
find The Truth, and you will thank God you did!
Amen!
Have a Blessed day :-)

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#95408 Feb 24, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting!
Also something that has bothered me from the first time I saw this... Look at the contrails left behind.... there are two separated contrails until the object detonates and then it is a single contrail...

Look at past meteorites and all have a single contrail as you would expect from a ball of rock .... The Only way I can see a object leaving twin contrails while burning through the atmosphere is if it was aerodynamic and produced wing tip vortex causing the trailing contrail to split and rotate around the wake vortex of each wingtip...

I have considered this a lot and cannot find a mechanism for a single stone to cause a twin contrail....

http://youtu.be/VMvvVbQcCBo...
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#95410 Feb 24, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Hello DontCare, nice to see your post. Just trying to provide some "expert advice" on helping solve the debate on nuclear power. Expelling internal gas is cost efficient and less damaging to the earth and plants. May be a bit smelly...hehehe
That is hilarious. I'm glad to see you still around posting.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#95411 Feb 24, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"YOUR" truth comes from Satan himself!
God is Real, and I'll take HIS Truth over yours EVERYDAY!
You will Know the Truth... soon!
That has been said for hundreds of years and we laugh at you every time because...well we are still here aren't we

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Randy smith and Shelia 18 min Meat factory 13
Need subo 24 min Sick and tired 1
Confederate flags 31 min True 25
Concerning the Confederate F 1 hr Just saying 6
sugars daddies 1 hr Daghostnig 27
What happened in town last night? 2 hr Sue 3
cash job for women 2 hr Sick and tired 17
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages