Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 130,960

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
CommonSense101

Somerset, KY

#95267 Feb 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So you are god's spokes person? "Well god said this but I think he really meant that"
You are so special that you can change the bible to what you think god meant. WOW.
The truth is that there is no god, you are a liar (caught here several times) and nothing but a worthless troll seeking attention.
But I will pray to the good Lord Satan for you Bwahahahaha
Put down the straw cup...even the short one is out of your grasp.

Let's try it simplified-

"I" as in pronoun, as in personally, believe...

As in what YOU believe is YOUR opinion/belief, what I believe is my opinion/belief.

"I" personally do NOT believe in stone age, anarchial hatefest type witchhunts. "I" personally prefer common sense and actual logic-NOT slandering or bashing others for their beliefs, providing they are not harming anyone else, as "I" personally find that type of deviance and depravity to be quite childish and unproductive, to say the very least.

The TRUTH is, YOU, nor anyone else cannot disprove the NON-existance of, no more than anyone can prove the existance of. IT is just YOUR belief, to believe there is none. MANY however, would, and will, disagree with you.
That's reality, in the grown up world anyway.

Thank you for your prayers though, I do appreciate the kind thoughts!!
CommonSense101

Somerset, KY

#95268 Feb 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>MMMM, nope not true at all. Told you that you are a bad liar. Here is a hint Google. Yep, we can check your lies so fast that we know you are lying before you even speak
I don't Google--too many nasty viri and tenacles.
I Bing.

Try smithsonian.com .

You'll find the article with the FACTS there-

Five times, over thirteen years, expanding the original work (originally published in 1859) of 150,000 words, to 190,000.

Then come back, and try again, with your hat in your hand for a change.
CommonSense101

Somerset, KY

#95269 Feb 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So you are god's spokes person? "Well god said this but I think he really meant that"
You are so special that you can change the bible to what you think god meant. WOW.
The truth is that there is no god, you are a liar (caught here several times) and nothing but a worthless troll seeking attention.
But I will pray to the good Lord Satan for you Bwahahahaha
AND a HALF an apology-for MISQUOTING what I actually stated!

(kinda like 5 times in 13 years, but NOT quite-edit to five times OVER 13 years-close and basically the same, but could be viewed as a one bit word skewed)

See how easy it is, to admit IMPERFECTION, when one is TRULY honest?
DuhmazzisazDuhma zzdoes

Somerset, KY

#95270 Feb 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Yes it does, I now know that you are a useless troll and have nothing to say of any matter.
Not wasting time on a dumb ass like you.
Derwood was a plant picker, and a taxi-dermy bird collector, that lived on a lizard island, watching things grow all day.

"Arrayed for the battle against me O Lord, break their jaws kill
Thier spawn, My enemy rises from the dead as a ghost;
The ghastly third, the other, the khoust intervening in between
My hunger and the transforming sweet breast of the world.

From Evolution of the Host-Robert Pinsky

(some of Derwoods fav stuff to study? Kinda freaky out there stuff imo!!)
COmmonSense101

Somerset, KY

#95271 Feb 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>MMMM, nope not true at all. Told you that you are a bad liar. Here is a hint Google. Yep, we can check your lies so fast that we know you are lying before you even speak
Find the article yet?
COmmonSense101

Somerset, KY

#95272 Feb 18, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>MMMM, nope not true at all. Told you that you are a bad liar. Here is a hint Google. Yep, we can check your lies so fast that we know you are lying before you even speak
Sounds like Darwin walked his sandpath of botony and birds a bit "religiously" doesn't it.....

Darwin built himself the Sandwalk, a sand-surfaced path on which he could walk and think, soon after they moved into the house. He walked it several times a day, almost every day of the year. It began at the gate at the end of the kitchen garden. On one side it followed the ridge of a hill so that the views looked down over open meadows, and on the other, as it circled back toward the house, it took him into the cool darkness of the wood he had planted. Those looped repetitions through the same ground were a kind of meditation. He came to know the interdependent life of this little wood as it changed through the seasons; he came to understand the sense of life and death all intricately netted together. He came to know its light and its darkness.

Read more: http://www.smithsonianmag.com

(Find the other paraphraase yet?)
Bonjour

Somerset, KY

#95273 Feb 18, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't aiming that comment directly at you. I apologize if I offended.
My point was simply that comparisons to Nazis are a good indicator of a person without a sound argument. I didn't read everything you posted on the subject so if I misjudged you I am sorry.
I don't make those comparisons anymore. I have done it in the past but once you go down that road a time or two you kind of realize how futile and pointless it is. Again I'm reminded of a thread a long time back where a guy posted page after page trying to link Darwin to Hitler. It was completely stupid but it demonstrated the point that these comparisons are useless. I think it was when I saw those pages of posts I kind of realized this.
But that's just me. Oh, and the internet... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law
lol
Of course it is, the "internet" (especially wikistoopedia lol) sayz so!
For A Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95274 Feb 18, 2013
HecklerJerk wrote:
<quoted text>
The absurdity is your false claim that evolution is a religion. I would still like a legitimate response to this falsehood.
First there is absolutely no evidence that the theory of evolution is true. It is all based on a wild guess with no evidence to back it. It was supposed to have happened millions of years ago with no one it witness it. Those who believe it will have you believe it is based on evidence like the fossel record but that too is false. The fossel record does not support the theory of evolution. The evolution process was supposed to happen gradually over a long period of time. The fossel record does not support that. That is why I can call evolution a religion. It takes a lot more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe in a creator!
You using such words as 'falsehood' does not change the facts!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#95276 Feb 18, 2013
"One galileo in two thousand years is enough."
pope pius XII

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#95277 Feb 18, 2013
"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."
albert einstein
Carl Sagan the GOD

Hazard, KY

#95278 Feb 18, 2013
For A Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
First there is absolutely no evidence that the theory of evolution is true. It is all based on a wild guess with no evidence to back it. It was supposed to have happened millions of years ago with no one it witness it. Those who believe it will have you believe it is based on evidence like the fossel record but that too is false. The fossel record does not support the theory of evolution. The evolution process was supposed to happen gradually over a long period of time. The fossel record does not support that. That is why I can call evolution a religion. It takes a lot more faith to believe in evolution than it does to believe in a creator!
You using such words as 'falsehood' does not change the facts!
You don't even know how to spell "fossil". Argument Invalid.
Carl Sagan the GOD

Hazard, KY

#95279 Feb 18, 2013
http://www.teachthemscience.org/evidence

Credible source, easy to read.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#95280 Feb 19, 2013
CommonSense101 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd disagree-Derwin, for one example, worshipped plant life and birds, all his life. As a matter of FACT, he wrote and rewrote his book "The Origin of the Species" five times, in thirteen years, due to constant new findings.
You seem to be stretching the meaning of "worship" to fit your argument.

Worship within a religious context has a different flavor than *really liking* something.

By your logic, a comic book collector worships comics. A guy who goes to every UK game worships UK. A person who considers James Cameron to be the greatest director worships James Cameron.

That puts God on the same level as stamps.
DuhBiggerWerld

Somerset, KY

#95281 Feb 19, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it."
albert einstein
Don't you anything better to do than to follow people around and post after them UNoriginally?

It doesn't look like it.

Waste of time-actual thinking people know better, and there are MANY, MANY in the "bigger world" that realize, there's TONS of data bits that could be copy and pasted as per "Albert Einstien".

However,(personal opinion here) the BEST ones have a story along with them. The quote on Faith/Religion and Science IS one of his more famous ones, even among the Scientifically Mastered degreed plus.

True ORIGINALITY is a wonderous thing.
CommonSense101

Somerset, KY

#95282 Feb 19, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be stretching the meaning of "worship" to fit your argument.
Worship within a religious context has a different flavor than *really liking* something.
By your logic, a comic book collector worships comics. A guy who goes to every UK game worships UK. A person who considers James Cameron to be the greatest director worships James Cameron.
That puts God on the same level as stamps.
When the proverbial shoe fits...

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#95283 Feb 19, 2013
CommonSense101 wrote:
<quoted text>
We, that have read the Bible, all know the horror tales within.
I do believe a good and loving God holds better for those who heed in wisdom, rather than ignore out of willful (or even worse-hateful) ignorance though.
If there is a good and loving God then why did he order the murder of women and children in 1 Samuel 15:2-3? Is this not the same God? If it is not the same God, where was the good and loving God at that time? Was he just watching the action?

And that's just one story. As you point out, the Bible is full of horror. I have no idea why people think they can tease out a "good and loving" God from that book unless they are willfully ignorant of the horror.

It's got to create some cognitive dissonance in your head to believe something like that while being faced with direct contradictory evidence.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#95284 Feb 19, 2013
CommonSense101 wrote:
<quoted text>
When the proverbial shoe fits...
Ok, so Christianity is the same as stamp collecting. Just another hobby I don't enjoy.

Thanks
CommonSense101

Somerset, KY

#95285 Feb 19, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so Christianity is the same as stamp collecting. Just another hobby I don't enjoy.
Thanks
Stamps are cool..lots of work goes into them. I could get into making stamps, if duh muhtereerials fer duh hobby was fwee lol.
DuhinnertsayzNOT

Somerset, KY

#95286 Feb 19, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is a good and loving God then why did he order the murder of women and children in 1 Samuel 15:2-3? Is this not the same God? If it is not the same God, where was the good and loving God at that time? Was he just watching the action?
And that's just one story. As you point out, the Bible is full of horror. I have no idea why people think they can tease out a "good and loving" God from that book unless they are willfully ignorant of the horror.
It's got to create some cognitive dissonance in your head to believe something like that while being faced with direct contradictory evidence.
Some people think Gates invented Winders gooey cause he are one dem dar afeists too, but hey ya know.....

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#95287 Feb 19, 2013
The christian cult claims that we can not disprove god, yet we have over and over again.
The earth being round not flat, germs not unclean spirits causing illness, spacecraft going much higher than the tower of Babble, the earth orbiting the sun, powerful space telescopes that show us what is out in space (no angels or heaven)
All are proof that there is no god.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min Ari son of Anarchy 152,794
Wen Hair Products 17 min love it 3
Republicans have tunnel vision!! 17 min Limbertwig 48
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 53 min Libertarian Alert 4,126
Harriman Tnn. symboxone clinic 57 min fiinders fee 2
Henson Hollow 1 hr live in the holler 3
knox board of ed raising taxes 2 hr disgusted 75
What happened at Stinking Creek? Fri Brenda 88
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••