Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,553)

Showing posts 91,041 - 91,060 of127,870
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
CommonSense101

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

HecklerJerk wrote:
<quoted text>
So the fact stands; evolution is not a religion. Thanks for admitting that.
WRONG. No fact at all to what you jsut typed, only your mere opinion.

MY Opinion however-is different-based on definative meanings of the following words-

Obvioulsy for many, evolution is their "religion" per say.

Or there wouldn't be a "Society" of it.

Religion:

Religions, by which are meant the modes of divine
worship proper to different tribes, nations, or
communities, and based on the belief held in common
by the members of them severally.... There is no
living religion without something like a doctrine.
On the other hand, a doctrine, however elaborate,
does not constitute a religion.--C. P. Tiele
(Encyc.
Brit.).

Community:

2. A body of people having common rights, privileges, or
interests, or living in the same place under the same laws
and regulations; as, a community of monks. Hence a number
of animals living in a common home or with some apparent
association of interests.
[1913 Webster]

Society (See also: Community)

NOUN (4)

1. an extended social group having a distinctive cultural and economic organization;

2. a formal association of people with similar interests;
- Example: "he joined a golf club"
- Example: "they formed a small lunch society"

See the common thread there yet?
CommonSense101

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So, you have never read the bible. OK most of the christian cult's leaders do not want you to read the bible any ways.
But before you make claims about your god you should read the bible because you know nothing about it.
Actually I've read the Bible cover to cover-and then some (including other works of literature of various faiths) Don't you ever get tired of merely attacking others that have their own opinions, thus leading you to post ignorantly?

Just because I do NOT hold the same ugly, hateful perspective of the book as a whole, as you do, does not mean I do not know anything about it.

It matters not one iota to me, what these other "cult" leaders you rant on about may wish for me not to read-I live in America, where reading is a Constitutional RIGHT. Personally, I have never encountered anyone that even wished to tell me what I could or could not read-nor would I desire to, as I would find such a type of person to be STEEPED in Ignorance, and I have a low tolerance for willfull Ignorance, I call it a personal flaw of mine own.

You however, Might want to try putting down your pitchfork of hate, and you might feel better. why, you might even be able to sa something nice about others rights to individual opinions(besides just your own) then too!!
CommonSense101

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in God or Satan, No one made me become an atheist. What made me become an atheist was my own realization that
a)the stories of the buybull regarding creation were inconsistent with evolution.
b) the lack of proof of a god
c) the reality that the god of the buybull is a cruel autocratic tyrant.
D)the realization that the buybull has many inconsistencies
E) The fact that the buybull is plagiarized from many different sources.
and just for the record--Witchhunters are psychoTic sicko's too...all that hateful, hatefilled pitchforkedly ugly mass hysteria type stuff-ugh ..wretched stuff, just wretched.

" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_trial_%28d... ;

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

CommonSense101 wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG. No fact at all to what you jsut typed, only your mere opinion.
MY Opinion however-is different-based on definative meanings of the following words-
Obvioulsy for many, evolution is their "religion" per say.
Or there wouldn't be a "Society" of it.
Religion:
Religions, by which are meant the modes of divine
worship proper to different tribes, nations, or
communities, and based on the belief held in common
by the members of them severally.... There is no
living religion without something like a doctrine.
On the other hand, a doctrine, however elaborate,
does not constitute a religion.--C. P. Tiele
(Encyc.
Brit.).
Community:
2. A body of people having common rights, privileges, or
interests, or living in the same place under the same laws
and regulations; as, a community of monks. Hence a number
of animals living in a common home or with some apparent
association of interests.
[1913 Webster]
Society (See also: Community)
NOUN (4)
1. an extended social group having a distinctive cultural and economic organization;
2. a formal association of people with similar interests;
- Example: "he joined a golf club"
- Example: "they formed a small lunch society"
See the common thread there yet?
Fact: evolution is not a religion. Feel free to keep drinking the Kool-Aid though.
Religioustoothbr usher

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

HecklerJerk wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact: evolution is not a religion. Feel free to keep drinking the Kool-Aid though.
Don't want any of that ignorant unkool aid. Nasty on duh teeth-especially toddler teeth.

FACT: in my personal opinion book of comparable definitions: for SOME evolution obvioulsy is a "religion" as many study and worship it!

Don't like it, can't deal with the TRUTH-TOO bad. That's YOUR problem.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

CommonSense101 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I've read the Bible cover to cover-and then some (including other works of literature of various faiths) Don't you ever get tired of merely attacking others that have their own opinions, thus leading you to post ignorantly?
Just because I do NOT hold the same ugly, hateful perspective of the book as a whole, as you do, does not mean I do not know anything about it.
It matters not one iota to me, what these other "cult" leaders you rant on about may wish for me not to read-I live in America, where reading is a Constitutional RIGHT. Personally, I have never encountered anyone that even wished to tell me what I could or could not read-nor would I desire to, as I would find such a type of person to be STEEPED in Ignorance, and I have a low tolerance for willfull Ignorance, I call it a personal flaw of mine own.
You however, Might want to try putting down your pitchfork of hate, and you might feel better. why, you might even be able to sa something nice about others rights to individual opinions(besides just your own) then too!!
I did not attack your opinion, I attacked your lie. You stated that the god of the bible killed no one, never condoned slavery or rape, never ordered the death of children, all of that is in your bible. You are a poor liar.
Shall I post the verses from your bible for you?
CommonSense101

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I did not attack your opinion, I attacked your lie. You stated that the god of the bible killed no one, never condoned slavery or rape, never ordered the death of children, all of that is in your bible. You are a poor liar.
I stated MY "god" does not promote ANY of what you mention.
Maybe YOURS does, but MINE does NOT.

MY "God" is one of GOOD, just and right ways...not hate, deception or vileness.

You have one thing RIGHT though-I am a "poor liar" because I am NOT, simply because I have no need to "lie" about anything.

Don't like THAT,too bad for you too- that's YOUR problem as well-not mine.

So you can keep your twisted and distorted judgements of hate on and torwards others that you have NO clue about-to yourself, and may your karma return to you ten fold of your OWN ugliness of them.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I did not attack your opinion, I attacked your lie. You stated that the god of the bible killed no one, never condoned slavery or rape, never ordered the death of children, all of that is in your bible. You are a poor liar.
As with 7th trump that one has nothing. Although the religie does claim to be a college educated nazi, lmao and it shows. Also like our fav troll that appears on here from time to time, the self proclaimed educated nazi(lmao) claims it is not a religie but for some reason never calls them on their bull excrement, a liar? Yep, a self proclaimed college educated lying nazi. Just look at its reaction to my posts, the truth is for sure a religies enemy, along with reason and logic.
CommonSense101

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
CommieTicsandzealots wrote:
<quoted text>
WTH are you babbling about fool? MY "God" killed no one, nor declared rape as "good", and never demanded any children be killed.
Is that in some Satan poopogranda of "fweeDUHm" the stupid book or something?
Religious freedom=the CONSTITUTION and democracy; Common sense, a brain and sanity="freedom".
Adult reading comprehension (at least 9th grade) required though.
----
SatanicPriest wrote:
So, you have never read the bible. OK most of the christian cult's leaders do not want you to read the bible any ways.
But before you make claims about your god you should read the bible because you know nothing about it.

----------

Why are YOU LYING?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Religioustoothbrusher wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't want any of that ignorant unkool aid. Nasty on duh teeth-especially toddler teeth.
FACT: in my personal opinion book of comparable definitions: for SOME evolution obvioulsy is a "religion" as many study and worship it!
Don't like it, can't deal with the TRUTH-TOO bad. That's YOUR problem.
FACT:
To state that anyone "worships" evolution as a "religion" shines a spotlight on the caliber of scrutiny by which most Christians conduct "Bible Study." It is on par with their inability to comprehend that there is no such thing as "a belief in the religion of atheism." There seems to be some construct of thought by which many of the devout cannot accept that others need not process information within a theological or ideological framework.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

HecklerJerk wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet... defend the lie. You can't.
With a more lies.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

HecklerJerk wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words I'm right and you have no argument to defend the lie. Liar.
Great post, the truth angers it.
CommonSense101

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
YOU are the poor "LIAR".

CommieTicsandzealots wrote:
<quoted text>
WTH are you babbling about fool? MY "God" killed no one, nor declared rape as "good", and never demanded any children be killed.

----------
Anti-theist

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

>Username is 'CommonSense101'

>Religious fundamentalists

wut

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, you mold your god to what you like. You pick and choose what you want to follow. Your religion and our faith is a fraud.
You have been here long enough john to know the religies can not help but be frauds, its all they got.
one and only

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

teaching religion in public shcools are tabbo for a reason. not everybody believes in the bible thumping idiots that are a minority in this world. people that rely on the bible toget them thru life needs a different crutch to lean on. evolution is the way and the only way dumbasses

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Satanic Priest wrote:
Why are christians so down on Hitler and the Nazi party? Yes they killed a few million people but the god they worship killed, and demanded the death of, ten times the people Hitler killed so they must be on the same side.
Here is the fact. The christian cult, a small minority of the population, wants to separate themselves from reality. So lets give them Texas and they can do as they please in their schools with their children and we can live in the rest of the USA with equal rights for every one.
Of course we would accept their children when they escape from the asylum.
"Why are christians so down on Hitler and the Nazi party?"

Because hitler and the nazi party did not achieve the christian dream of world domination with only one religion.

This would have been the christian world hymm song,

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
wake-up

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

I don't want anybody teaching the bible in schools. Unless you are ready to allow the Koran, the Torah. Which like the people pushing this are white , old, and republican do not want anything but a white, Christian, religion. The constitution protects religion and the freedom of no religion. The people need to read about the founding fathers. More than a few were atheist. Wake up Kentucky . Quit being sucked in by people that want to take all the benefits that you have worked for all your lives. Medicare , Social Security, Rand Paul and Mitch "The Bitch" McConnell are not for anybody but the Tea Party wingnuts.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

HecklerJerk wrote:
<quoted text>
Better yet... defend the lie. You can't.
Check out the name calling by the same religie post 95235, hatred of truth + hypocrisy = christian.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT:
To state that anyone "worships" evolution as a "religion" shines a spotlight on the caliber of scrutiny by which most Christians conduct "Bible Study." It is on par with their inability to comprehend that there is no such thing as "a belief in the religion of atheism." There seems to be some construct of thought by which many of the devout cannot accept that others need not process information within a theological or ideological framework.
Hey Chromi, waste of time that one is like yaa impervious to truth, reason and logic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 91,041 - 91,060 of127,870
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 min BIG_STEVIE 26,168
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min BCB 144,700
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 16 min BIG_STEVIE 16,111
Blackberries $20/gallon 38 min whats up 2
weed eating 57 min cow man 19
shelia brown (May '12) 1 hr The other women 13
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 2 hr Two wrongs 374
KC Basketball Coach Thu breaking news 49
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000