Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 137787 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

wassup

United States

#95341 Feb 21, 2013
l,l
Google

London, KY

#95342 Feb 21, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 21:3-5 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say:“Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”
5 And the One seated on the throne said:“Look! I am making all things new.” Also, he says:“Write, because these words are faithful and true.
Does that sound like doomsday prophecy or a solution to mankinds problems? You decide.
Millions now living will never die. Now you decide.
Carl Sagan

Hazard, KY

#95343 Feb 21, 2013
Google wrote:
<quoted text>
You're dangerous and a drain on society.
Quoted for the truth.
Google

London, KY

#95344 Feb 21, 2013
When a religion thinks that their God will kill 99.99% of everyone then that's a religion that will think its their responsibility to light the fuse.

Me and my religion is better than everyone and our God will kill those that don't agree with us. That's the good news of the JWs.
Truth

Pikeville, KY

#95345 Feb 21, 2013
This thread is over 3 years old now! I think its time to let it die already. Because after 3 years this hasnt be solved, it prob wont ever be

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#95346 Feb 22, 2013
Radiatethis wrote:
<quoted text>
The US has a TON of nuclear plants.
Bet you wouldn't be all on board for the end consumer COST per kilowat-or using one dem dar diviner rods trying find water supplies enough to run 'em...OR the training required to build, maintain and DEionize those suckers after their short shelf life have run out, and the then still active carciogenic spent rods have to be placed somewhere, to glow for continued years radioactively.
Let alone that little, continual hummmmmm, as radiaton fissions...under the DEMAND of continual MELTdown and leakage watches...as the common housefly expands by a few evolutionary milimeters.
PHYSICS REQUIRED.
Yes, you are correct. We have 65 plants, according to Wiki. What I meant to suggest was that we need more. There is a public fear of these plants that curtails our desire to build them. Yet they are far more efficient and cost effective than traditional plants. If you think a nuclear plant has a high cost just compare it to a traditional plant cranking out the same energy. It is off the charts.

I don't understand the rest of your post. WTF are you talking about?

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Somerset, KY

#95348 Feb 22, 2013
Truth wrote:
This thread is over 3 years old now! I think its time to let it die already. Because after 3 years this hasnt be solved, it prob wont ever be
All the worlds problems have been solved in this very thread... In Theory..

Somerset, KY

#95349 Feb 22, 2013
And then there is this...

http://youtu.be/LizHgQ44ShI

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#95350 Feb 22, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
Why do you oppose wind and solar power in favor of daqngerous nuke power????
I oppose wind and solar power in favor of fossil fuel power, wind and solar make too much pollution per Watt. Manufacture, installation, maintenance, repair, upgrade, replacement and disposal all create dangerous waste. Wind and solar are inefficient because they produce small amounts of electricity and production varies greatly over time. I need electricity when I turn a switch, not when the wind blows of sun is up. Wind power slaughters flying things and solar shades the flowers. I don't see the green, unless you mean government incentives.
what

Elkhorn City, KY

#95351 Feb 22, 2013
GWB wrote:
AA Allen Tent Revival
Man with spine and stomach cancer who doctors have done all they can will die unless he gets a miracle from Jesus. Man cannot walk but was wheeled in to faith healer AA Allen. Watch AA Allen heal this man.
http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ky/TEQBSM980...
if u believe in tent revival miracles then u will believe in anything....lol
One God

Harold, KY

#95352 Feb 22, 2013
No one religion should be in schools. JUDAISM! Read it, truly understand it and be surprised.

Somerset, KY

#95353 Feb 22, 2013
One God wrote:
No one religion should be in schools. JUDAISM! Read it, truly understand it and be surprised.
Truth wrote:
"All the worlds problems have been solved in this very thread... In Theory.."

Here, I'll show you... I'll solve one of the world great problems in theory.... All Religions are Cults... Stop It...

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#95354 Feb 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
"All the worlds problems have been solved in this very thread... In Theory.."
Here, I'll show you... I'll solve one of the world great problems in theory.... All Religions are Cults... Stop It...
Except mine, I worship the one true god.....oh flash back to my stupid youth

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#95355 Feb 22, 2013
The fartman is all on board for nuclear power. Eat lots of beans and chimichanga's. This will produce less waste than fossil fuel. lol

Somerset, KY

#95356 Feb 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Except mine, I worship the one true god.....oh flash back to my stupid youth
"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q
GPS

Ashland, KY

#95357 Feb 22, 2013
Their is a difference between teaching religion and teaching a religion. As such, concerned specifically mentioned a bible, to teach religion you wouldn't teach just a bible. The curriculum would need to convey the historical interaction and growth of religion from the earliest stories and their evolution into the different sects of the world. You would have a Western Torah/Bible/Koran based religion where the different players have been at each others throats for thousands of years. There would be a Eastern religions, with the philosophers.
You would have to study how western religions overwhelm and destroy pagan, native and aboriginal religions and society. There would be very little time for Jeasus Christ.

Somerset, KY

#95358 Feb 22, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I oppose wind and solar power in favor of fossil fuel power, wind and solar make too much pollution per Watt. Manufacture, installation, maintenance, repair, upgrade, replacement and disposal all create dangerous waste. Wind and solar are inefficient because they produce small amounts of electricity and production varies greatly over time. I need electricity when I turn a switch, not when the wind blows of sun is up. Wind power slaughters flying things and solar shades the flowers. I don't see the green, unless you mean government incentives.
Absolutely Correct... The only thing green about the green movement is the color of the money that flows like water from the poor to the rich as they jet to Cancun or Amsterdam or a dozen other meeting places where they sip fine wine and eat caviar while sharing a hot tub and lavish air conditioned suites.... While villages of people sit in mud huts wishing they had a single power line to light their world as they starve and die of thirst because they don't have power to pump water to drink and grow food.... While billions of poor people spend ever more of their money for power, cars, goods and services to pay for those green projects that make folks like Al Gore multimillionaires... The Green Movement is today a Religion.. with it's Priests, Clergy and Followers that Believe.. Good Gia Almighty... They Believe... As the Clergy in their fine robes and gold gilded mansions pass the plate the followers go forth and collect from the masses, by force if needed....
GWB

Roseville, CA

#95359 Feb 22, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
if u believe in tent revival miracles then u will believe in anything....lol
Like the GOP and Tea Party, good point.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#95360 Feb 22, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"Horsey Puckey Doo Doo" - Q
Exactly. You got it right the first try.

Somerset, KY

#95361 Feb 22, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly. You got it right the first try.
I have Discernment...... without the little voices in my head....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ralph smith 15 min haha 1
Thompson park splash pad OPEN !!! 4 hr Rollie pollie 8
any bi-guy in barbourville (May '12) 5 hr D west 51
howell (Jun '10) 6 hr Tweety bird 27
Amy Brock 7 hr miss me 11
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 7 hr Suerte 46
Whose the best unemployment hearing lawyer arou... 7 hr Helpful 3
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE