Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
90,981 - 91,000 of 130,638 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#95161 Feb 17, 2013
Lmao, truth makes the religies(and self proclaimed nazi religies) a little upset.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#95162 Feb 17, 2013
CommieTicsandZealots wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe in your twisted book of reading, but not in mine.
I prefer "get thee away Satan", and burn in thee own piles of misery.
Mostly because Satan has been historically associated with nothing but evil.
I guess we have a different definition of the word evil. Your god killed millions, said slavery and rape are good, demanded for you to kill children (now that is evil) so jehovah is evil and any one who worships jehovah is an evil devil worshipper. All Satan did was give us free will.
Jehovah= evil slavery, Satan = freedom

“There is no god”

War, WV

#95164 Feb 17, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Lmao, truth makes the religies(and self proclaimed nazi religies) a little upset.
Truth, information, and knowledge are the enemies of the christian cult. The Internet was (and still is) thought to be the "anti-christ" because it put information at ones fingertips

“There is no god.”

USA

#95166 Feb 17, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Truth, information, and knowledge are the enemies of the christian cult. The Internet was (and still is) thought to be the "anti-christ" because it put information at ones fingertips
Yep.

“There is no god.”

USA

#95167 Feb 17, 2013
Lets not forget that other religie love group the kkk.

Christian hate groups like the kkk, nazis(including the topix self proclaimed nazi) and the boyscouts all spread that special love and understanding called hypocrisy. Poof, there it is, lmao.

“There is no god.”

USA

#95168 Feb 17, 2013
O my, jesus and the neutered testement was all about love and forgiveness. Lets take a look,

"And the jews passover was at hand, and jesus went up to jerusalem and found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting and when he had made a scourge of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen and poured out the changers money, and overthrew the tables and said unto them that sold doves take these things hence make not my father's house an house of merchandise."

Maybe he should have just ask them to leave but noooo,
love love love.

And revelations is in the neutered testement last I checked, now theres some love.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#95169 Feb 17, 2013
Good and evil;
More Baby Bashing

"The people of Samaria must bear the consequences of their guilt because they rebelled against their God. They will be killed by an invading army, their little ones dashed to death against the ground, their pregnant women ripped open by swords." (Hosea 13:16 NLT)

Jehovah is evil

“There is no god.”

USA

#95170 Feb 17, 2013
Religies are so funny,

Lets compare,

1. christians established a ‘cult of "god in a jesus suit" worship’.

2. christians used a series of propaganda and threat of terror to achieve its cult status.

3. Youth were made to worship this god also.

Lmfao what hypocrisy.

No religious holy books in public schools, they obviously create stupidity in humans.

“There is no god.”

USA

#95171 Feb 17, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it is a fallacy to compare anyone to Hitler or Nazis in the first place. It is an intellectually shallow way to argue.
However, when Christians try to argue that Hitler was not a Christian it is just as intellectually dishonest. We know that he claimed to be Catholic and that he used Biblical language and talked of God. We do not know what he truly believed, but that is true of anyone you care to name.
I remember some goofhead on this thread arguing for multiple pages that the Nazis were caused by Charles Darwin. On another thread some idiots have argued that pro-choice folks are like Hitler.
It is dumb as balls to compare people to Hitler because frankly it is just an easy target. He's universally considered to be a symbol of evil so if you want to vilify someone completely you might think of comparing them to Hitler. Don't do it. You'll lose the argument in a split second.
"It is an intellectually shallow way to argue."

Lmao.

If someone did not claim to be a nazi, someone would not bring it up. Best to have all facts before making a judgement, it is an intellectually shallow thing to do.

“There is no god.”

USA

#95172 Feb 17, 2013
*thing to do* / *thing to not do*

“There is no god.”

USA

#95173 Feb 17, 2013
luke14 kjv

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple."

Now religies say "god in a jesus suit" did not mean this literally.

Who decides that? Special understanding?

Exactly where in the holy fables does "god in a jesus suit" say he was just joking?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#95175 Feb 17, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
"It is an intellectually shallow way to argue."
Lmao.
If someone did not claim to be a nazi, someone would not bring it up. Best to have all facts before making a judgement, it is an intellectually shallow thing to do.
Who claimed to be a Nazi? I might have missed that post.

Either way the point stands. Comparing your debate opponent to Hitler or Nazis is a sign that you don't have a good argument. I've done it, you've probably done it, lots of people do it. But it is not a good way to argue.

“There is no god.”

USA

#95176 Feb 17, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
"Who claimed to be a Nazi? I might have missed that post."
Look it up, long time back.
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>"Either way the point stands."
The only point standing was to show you had no ideal what my statement was about, and judged me "intellectually shallow".
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>"Comparing your debate opponent to Hitler or Nazis is a sign that you don't have a good argument. I've done it, you've probably done it, lots of people do it."
You should stop doing it.
I use nazi for one religie and that religie claimed to be a nazi, soooooo, there you go.
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>"But it is not a good way to argue"
Lol, and how pray tell, might one "argue" in a good way?
Unless you are here to make friends, I for one am not.

But I feel a few on this thread are kindred spirits.
Lmfao.

“There is no god.”

USA

#95177 Feb 17, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Who claimed to be a Nazi? I might have missed that post.
yaa can point it out and give you the "special topix understanding" version. Lmao, religies are so much fun.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95178 Feb 17, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I have. They sometimes knock on the door. I usually ask them why God allows babies to suffer and die. They usually answer by handing me a Watchtower tract, which I then toss in the garbage.
That is why you do not get answers unless you think your garbage can read it and will then talk to you!
Why not tell Jehovah's Witnesses the next time they came around that you would like to have the book "What Does the Bible REALLY Teach?" In it is Chapter Eleven
Why Does God Allow Suffering?
There you will get the answer you are seeking.

“There is no god.”

USA

#95179 Feb 17, 2013
Why does god allow suffering?

Because the god of the kjv does not exist.

To think otherwise is absurd and could be considered a mental illness, delusional.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95181 Feb 17, 2013
Do you know why people make the mistake of blaming God for all the suffering in the world? In many cases, they blame Almighty God because they think that he is the real ruler of this world. They do not know a simple but important truth that the Bible teaches. The real ruler of this world is Satan the Devil.
He is also mileading you into being an atheist. That is one way he is misleading the whole world.

2 Corinthians 4:4 ... the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#95182 Feb 17, 2013
To think otherwise is absurd and could be considered a mental illness, delusional.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#95183 Feb 17, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
The absurdity is your false claim that evolution is a religion. I would still like a legitimate response to this falsehood.
Hmmm

Paris, KY

#95184 Feb 17, 2013
Lol, dinosaurs, cavemen, Adam or Adam dinosaurs cavemen,

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Obama Zombies 151,572
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 8 min uninformed idiot 2,203
knox board of ed raising taxes 33 min enough is enough 18
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr ms_Sweeter 3,503
drive thru beauty 1 hr eye at u 6
City councilman raising property Tax Next 2 hr pencil whipped 14
man that walks every where 2 hr greasy 2
It must suck to be you 3 hr Sister Mary 8
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000