Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
90,921 - 90,940 of 129,005 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
bible says

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95096
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Caught ya lookin wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah I guess you're right, if you're to ignorant to understand what you read, or read the wrong one.
All the more reason to study the bible, if you would have done so, maybe you would understand.
i think i understand your book alot better than u do. if u would read it with the brain of an adult u would see all the bull it is, but since u still have the same fears that was used to scare u in to submission as a child u just cant see to read the bible with an adult thought process. it is very sad to see how the church has really destroyed the advancement of the human race with all its so called rights and wrongs. without churches science could really discover the limits with stem cell research that could possibly do the one miracle that even your god cant do (healing an amputee if u dont know what im refering to). all they can say is u are tryin to play god and its wrong and if we do this jesus will come back and blah blah blah til im sick and tired out it. get some real evidence or get over it already, all that u do is say the bible is true cuz the bible says the bibles true therefore i know i cant be wrong. your arrogance is only second to your ignorance so please try get a grip with reality and get out of the fantasy worlds u live in.
bible says

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95097
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text>
I noticed you use the term "modern" but before you referred to morals learned over thousands of years. Well in your buybull, your holy book, god made a man sacrifice his own daughter to appease his vanity. In your precious books, the foundation of your moral value system, a prophet kills people for worshiping the God Baal.
as soon as u mention the past of the christians they just say thats not real christians, thats the devil workin thru them and they just call themselves christians. maybe the truth is the way they were is the actual 100% way the book is supposed to interpreted as but thanks to us immoral atheist that have pointed out how all the morals of it are wrong the "modern christian" is just someone who believes for the warm feeling they get from all the good stuff n the bible but the rest of the rules and laws that god laid down are dropped even tho jesus said not one bit of the law was to change. the christians should be thankin us atheist for saving them from the harsh and cruel reality of what their precious god really expects from his servants and maybe one day if we keep pushin they will be able to just let go of that superstition the same way they let go of the greek and roman gods. but we can only hope.
bible says

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95098
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Brian_G wrote:
There's no modern Christian movement that has "moral values like sacrificing your children to a god or killing people of a different faith", radical secularists don't understand Christianity.
its the radical secularist that created this great country of the USA so save ppl fromt he persecution your church was handin out thru europe during the dark ages and up. the atheist got tired of the bull shit and left and formed america onlyto have it trampled on by the church some 180 or so yrs later withthe addition of god to the pledge and on money inthe 1950's. do some real research awy from your bible and u might learn the real history of the world and not the fairy tale history of something that only causes pain and sufferein when practiced inthe true form. chirsitanity is nothing more than islam except for the fact that the muslims do actually follow the law of god where as the christians are arrogant enuf to supersede gods law with their own. perfect example of the idiocy of the church, theyonce said it was a sin for a man to have long hair but the very man they were worshipping is depicted as a man with long hair....thats just how stupid they can be.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95099
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

Brian_G wrote:
There's no modern Christian movement that has "moral values like sacrificing your children to a god or killing people of a different faith", radical secularists don't understand Christianity.
So "modern christians" are a NEW religion that worships a NEW loving god, not the god in the bible who ordered animal sacrifice and killing children?
At least you admit that you made up a new god

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95100
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>It's just that atheism doesn't have thousands of years of disciplined study in moral values, like religions have. Not to mention, the supernatural.
I don't hate radical secularists and atheist extremists, I pity them.
You have a fundamental misunderstanding of atheism. It is not a belief system nor it is a moral system. It is a description of one's position on belief in god. If you accept the god hypothesis then you are a theist. If you do not, then you are an atheist.

Period, end of story, nothing more to say about it.

You can't disconnect atheists from theists in terms of their ability to understand or reason about morals. The fact is that every religion includes some form of moral theory, all of which has been grown out of hundreds of thousands of years of human cultural evolution. It isn't like suddenly there are atheists and we don't know anything about morals.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95101
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brian_G wrote:
There's no modern Christian movement that has "moral values like sacrificing your children to a god or killing people of a different faith", radical secularists don't understand Christianity.
On the contrary:

"The Pew Forum on Religious Religion and Public Life released a survey on religious knowledge today. Atheists and Agnostics scored higher on it than anyone else, closely followed by Jews and Mormons, all Christians, Protestants and Catholics, were far behind."

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/09/2...

In my personal experience discussing this with people at work or in other settings *most* people know very little about the Bible. I'm an atheist. I am not a Bible scholar and I've never read the whole thing. But I know much more than most people I encounter.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95102
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler had the backing of Italy, the Catholic Church was just another hostage.
"Uh-uh! You missed me. I was wearin' my anti-Hitler armor!"

God, I love Christian apologists. Endless fun.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95103
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I'm god. I live in the nothingness. I'm perfect in my human form, all perfect alphpa omega. Feeling a bit bored suspended in nothingness for eternity, think I'll make something. Poof. Ah, now there is everything. Hmmm can't see crap, poof, suns, moons, heaven, few black holes, slugs and mites. Now that blue planet,,, think I'll mess with a bit, suspension in nothingness has made god a dull boy, I need animals to fool with,, poof. Duck billed platypus, carp, t-rex, plants, maijuana hell yes. Hell,,,hummm ok, poof, hell. Man,, there I go with my bad self, man. A little dirt and poof, man. Ok, he's got a thingy,, maybe a place to stick it and keep him in what will be called the dog house,,, a rib from my boy and poof,,, woooo man... yes, that will work, woman. Hmmmm, think I may mess with him since his brain is a bit big. Ok, so man you live here, chill out, smoke my herb dude, eat my food,, but not too much,, get a tan, but careful, too much any you'll cook,, ok so everything about is designed to kill you if abused, even better let me configure your mind to want, but can't have,, seek and not find,, question and get no answers,,hahaha,, you are so funny to mess with.. hey I got an idea,, now you must worship me and never know if I exist, sacrafice in my name but confuse you with it,, oh I got it,, all you do is moral or not and if it feels good or taste fine, it's bad,, hahaha, boy I should made you guys all eternity ago.. devil,,,,hell yes I need a devil to temp you poor bastards even more from my wishs,, hahahaha,,, I'm getting into this,,,wait,,, yes, quit now, well after a few angels bag a few of the hot ones down there,,, WTF,, crap,,, war is broke out up here in my heaven,, damn it,, I may go back to nothingness.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95104
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

If you want to explore the various philosophical problems with Christianity in a way that will make you chuckle, I highly recommend the video series Mr. Deity:

On the Problem of Evil:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Introducing Jesus Christ:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Let there be light:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Brilliant. And funny.
so true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95105
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Dont know how you guys, keep up the fight,, reading yall's wears me ragged.. Hope the fight is well worth it in the end..

If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you wonít.
If you like to win, but donít think you can,
Itís almost a cinch that you wonít.

If you think youíll lose, youíve lost,
For out in the world youíll find
Success begins with a personís will;
Itís all in the state of mind.

For many a game is lost
Before even a step is run
And many a coward fails
Before his work is begun.

Think big and your deed will grow;
Think small and you will fall behind.
Think that you can and you will;
Itís all in the state of mind.

If you think that you are out-classed, you are;
Youíve got to think high to rise.
Youíve got to be sure of yourself
Before you can win the prize.

Lifeís battles don't always go
To the strongest or fastest man
But sooner or later the person who wins
Is the person who thinks they can.

Good Day to each and everyone of ya....
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95106
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler had the backing of Italy, the Catholic Church was just another hostage.
Nazi attitudes towards Christianity

Many Nazis promoted positive Christianity, a militant, non-denominational form of Christianity which viewed Christ as an active fighter and anti-semite who opposed the institutionalized Judaism of his day.[38] Even in the later years of the Third Reich, many Protestant and Catholic clergy within Germany persisted in believing that Nazism was in its essence in accordance with Christian precepts.[39]

Protestant and Catholic served Hiltler and his agenda.

So please stop showing your ignorance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Nazi...
Caught ya lookin

Secor, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95107
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

bible says wrote:
<quoted text>
i think i understand your book alot better than u do. if u would read it with the brain of an adult u would see all the bull it is, but since u still have the same fears that was used to scare u in to submission as a child u just cant see to read the bible with an adult thought process. it is very sad to see how the church has really destroyed the advancement of the human race with all its so called rights and wrongs. without churches science could really discover the limits with stem cell research that could possibly do the one miracle that even your god cant do (healing an amputee if u dont know what im refering to). all they can say is u are tryin to play god and its wrong and if we do this jesus will come back and blah blah blah til im sick and tired out it. get some real evidence or get over it already, all that u do is say the bible is true cuz the bible says the bibles true therefore i know i cant be wrong. your arrogance is only second to your ignorance so please try get a grip with reality and get out of the fantasy worlds u live in.
That's your shot at an insult?! LOL!
Yeah, we should follow your code of ethics where you harvest babies so you may get to live a little longer. I can't believe everybody doesn't agree with you, that sounds logical.
Geez, you really do live for yourself, don't ya?
Reader

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95108
Feb 16, 2013
 
The Specialist wrote:
Any Edgar Allan Poe fans?
Tell Tale Heart..thump thump...thump thump.

Dark minded writer living in a dark world that one was!
NewTestamonials

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95109
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>So "modern christians" are a NEW religion that worships a NEW loving god, not the god in the bible who ordered animal sacrifice and killing children?
At least you admit that you made up a new god
Reason number one why Jesus seemed to be an okay dude. He did NOT promote hatred or sin, including the harming of others, or people putting/getting themselves into such predicamentsto do so, or resulting in.
Only the forgiveness of.
Reader

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95110
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler had the backing of Italy, the Catholic Church was just another hostage.
As was Poland (just to name another Euro country) that was at the commie meglomaniacal hands of the sociopathic and evile Hitler, the aryn insanely depraved, freak of the century.
Reader

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95111
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
"Uh-uh! You missed me. I was wearin' my anti-Hitler armor!"
God, I love Christian apologists. Endless fun.
Funny as watching the "atheist" (un)righteouness of rags igonrance hypocrites.

Lump and labelDUHMing them awrl and cawrlz 'ema ll DUH same anywayz lol.
Reader

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95112
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Nazi attitudes towards Christianity
Many Nazis promoted positive Christianity, a militant, non-denominational form of Christianity which viewed Christ as an active fighter and anti-semite who opposed the institutionalized Judaism of his day.[38] Even in the later years of the Third Reich, many Protestant and Catholic clergy within Germany persisted in believing that Nazism was in its essence in accordance with Christian precepts.[39]
Protestant and Catholic served Hiltler and his agenda.
So please stop showing your ignorance.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Nazi...
When you stop quoting wikistoopedia as some ethical source of "originality fact" (cause it's NOT-talk about sticking pins in bouquest of balloon jawbs!!)
DER.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95113
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
When you stop quoting wikistoopedia as some ethical source of "originality fact" (cause it's NOT-talk about sticking pins in bouquest of balloon jawbs!!)
DER.
Showing same reasoning as Hitler by your remarks if want a end to secular schools and have people of christian faith teach the children the gospel.

Hitler argued against secular schools, stating: "Secular schools can never be tolerated because such schools have no religious instruction, and a general moral instruction without a religious foundation is built on air; consequently, all character training and religion must be derived from faith."

Halls, W.D.(1995). Politics, society and Christianity in Vichy France. Oxford: Berg. pp. 179Ė81. ISBN 1-85973-081-7.

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95114
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

1

NewTestamonials wrote:
<quoted text>
Reason number one why Jesus seemed to be an okay dude. He did NOT promote hatred or sin, including the harming of others, or people putting/getting themselves into such predicamentsto do so, or resulting in.
Only the forgiveness of.
In the following parable, Jesus clearly approves of beating slaves even if they didn't know they were doing anything wrong.



The servant will be severely punished, for though he knew his duty, he refused to do it. "But people who are not aware that they are doing wrong will be punished only lightly. Much is required from those to whom much is given, and much more is required from those to whom much more is given." (Luke 12:47-48 NLT)

What the christian cult does not tell you is that everything was only for the Jews, Jesus hated every one else

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#95116
Feb 16, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

emperorjohn wrote:
I noticed you use the term "modern" but before you referred to morals learned over thousands of years.
We no longer make blood sacrifice to God or your idols.

.
emperorjohn wrote:
Well in your buybull, your holy book, god made a man sacrifice his own daughter to appease his vanity.
I don't take bible study with people who don't appreciate the text.

.
emperorjohn wrote:
In your precious books, the foundation of your moral value system, a prophet kills people for worshiping the God Baal.
That's not all the people who worshiped Baal did, they sacrificed their children. Do you get it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min DITCH MITCH 147,081
dizzyone1313 1 hr I konw 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 1 hr yxv 1,020
Please Ladies answer this question for me 1 hr my real name 5
New club in Barbourville? 1 hr my real name 12
Tommy that use to work at oasis pizza 2 hr Jason 3
Is Gary Williams won the Mayors race ? 2 hr Beelzebub 20
Who will barbourvilles NEW police chief 3 hr blind one 10
john sowders 3 hr truth be told 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••