Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 142509 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#94905 Feb 10, 2013
Bonjour wrote:
Bonjour!!
Another French Model heard from...

London, KY

#94906 Feb 10, 2013
so true wrote:
May be a idiot, in books of many , but I do see the good in some bad ...
A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on the end of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots was perfectly made and never leaked. The other pot had a crack in it and by the time the water bearer reached his master's house it had leaked much of it's water and was only half full.
For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water to his master's house. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do.
After two years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you." "Why?" asked the bearer. "What are you ashamed of?" "I have been able, for these past two years, to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your master's house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all of this work, and you don't get full value from your efforts," the pot said.
The water bearer felt sorry for the old cracked pot, and in his compassion he said, "As we return to the master's house, I want you to notice the beautiful flowers along the path."
Indeed, as they went up the hill, the old cracked pot took notice of the sun warming the beautiful wild flowers on the side of the path, and this cheered it some. But at the end of the trail, it still felt bad because it had leaked out half its load, and so again the pot apologized to the bearer for its failure.
The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of your path, but not on the other pot's side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I took advantage of it. I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back from the stream, you've watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate my master's table. Without you being just the way you are, he would not have this beauty to grace his house."
Each of us has our own unique flaws. We're all cracked pots. But if we will allow it, God will use our flaws to grace his table. In God's great economy, nothing goes to waste. Don't be afraid of your flaws. Acknowledge them, and you too can be the cause of beauty. Know that in our weakness we find our strength.
Water Pot's don't have feelings, water pots don't talk... Sometimes a cigar is just a good cigar....

London, KY

#94907 Feb 10, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
How ironic is it when ignorami think teachers are the bad guys?
Ignorami = plural of ignoramus. As in both hula AND you.
Down with unions? Maybe you should take a good long look at the history of the coal industry and who CONTINUES to protect miners' conditions and health. Down with Teacher's unions? Have you ever compared how a teacher's pension stacks up against politicians' or most administrators' retirement plans?
Hula hates the NEA, but you can bet your bottom dollar hula doesn't even know what the NEA actually does... and I KNOW you don't.
I do, I do...Pick me..... Force the Lowest Common Denominator in teaching qualification to be considered the norm....

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94908 Feb 10, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I do, I do...Pick me..... Force the Lowest Common Denominator in teaching qualification to be considered the norm....
The lowest common denominator aka principal's choice? How many school board members across the nation are elected because they run on the "I'm more of a religie than the other guy"?
hill billy jim

Leitchfield, KY

#94909 Feb 10, 2013
Satanic Priest is there not a heaven if there is a hell.Is there not a God if there is a devil.The devil was the beautifulest angel of all but was jealous .Thats how he ended up in hell.You are right there is people that goes to Church for looks.They go out and do whatever they want when they want.There are Churches that are only after numbers and money.A true Christian knows what Church to go to where the word of the Lord is preached and the spirit is The Lord will lead you where he wants you through prayer and worship.I go to a small Church and the first thing any member or preacher will say wewant you to join only if the Lord leads you here.Basically what I'm saying is don't judge the many cause of a few bad eggs.I will pray for them and for you.As a Christian I love all.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#94910 Feb 10, 2013
Flaws, we as humans have many and God doesn't shun his children for them he simply gives us the avenue to turn our weaknesses into strengths. Which in turn shall lead to great blessings if we give him the honor. Glory Be ah...Amen ah...

“"Always Love from the Heart"”

Since: Dec 10

Paintsville Kentucky

#94911 Feb 10, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
Flaws, we as humans have many and God doesn't shun his children for them he simply gives us the avenue to turn our weaknesses into strengths. Which in turn shall lead to great blessings if we give him the honor. Glory Be ah...Amen ah...
BEAUTIFUL!
hill billy jim

Leitchfield, KY

#94912 Feb 10, 2013
Well spoken Una.Your the smartest person I know.

Since: Mar 10

usa

#94913 Feb 10, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Well that leaves out the bible, a book that is filled with hate, bloodlust, sexual perversion is not holy
Read the Book of Mormon

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#94914 Feb 10, 2013
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
I think that's pretty weak sauce for a god. It basically means you are on your own and when you struggle through and succeed then you have to give all the glory to this cosmic fartknocker who didn't lift a finger to help you.

For every case you can show of a person with some kind of major problem overcoming that problem I can show you cases of people who were unable to do so. Did god just prefer the other people?

Let's take free will out of it, because I know that's the reply. Let's go for babies.

A year or two ago I read a news story about an infant who died of pneumonia at home after about 7 hours of suffering. As it turns out, his condition had a 99.9% of being completely treated by medical science. Trouble was the parents were religious nuts who didn't believe in medicine. So they prayed. The kid suffered with labored breathing and then died.

In what universe does there exist a god who helps people, loves them, and is deserving of all the glory if he also sits back and watches a baby suffer and die?

And that's just one baby. Just one. We can name many, many more.

You can believe however you like but reality has a different point of view.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94915 Feb 10, 2013
hill billy jim wrote:
Satanic Priest is there not a heaven if there is a hell.Is there not a God if there is a devil.The devil was the beautifulest angel of all but was jealous .Thats how he ended up in hell.You are right there is people that goes to Church for looks.They go out and do whatever they want when they want.There are Churches that are only after numbers and money.A true Christian knows what Church to go to where the word of the Lord is preached and the spirit is The Lord will lead you where he wants you through prayer and worship.I go to a small Church and the first thing any member or preacher will say wewant you to join only if the Lord leads you here.Basically what I'm saying is don't judge the many cause of a few bad eggs.I will pray for them and for you.As a Christian I love all.
There is no god, there is no devil, there is no heaven and there is no hell.
The word Satan means one who opposes. It is a title not a name. The foundation of Satanism is free will, what the christian cult wishes to deny you.
If you really believe in your god than why do you pick and choose from the bible?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94916 Feb 10, 2013
Businessman01 wrote:
<quoted text>Read the Book of Mormon
I was given a book of mormon but have not read it yet. The man who gave it to me is in a class that I am taking. I listen to the hate from him and his friend and the love of wealth, how Mitt Romney is a god blah blah blah stupid

usa

#94917 Feb 10, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I was given a book of mormon but have not read it yet. The man who gave it to me is in a class that I am taking. I listen to the hate from him and his friend and the love of wealth, how Mitt Romney is a god blah blah blah stupid
Read it and tell me what you think. I can discuss any subject without getting hateful or nasty by saying things about you or anyone else who has an opinion.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94918 Feb 10, 2013
Good Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions.~ Jerry Falwell
The christian cult does not want its sheep to ask questions, just to do as they are told

usa

#94919 Feb 10, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Good Christians, like slaves and soldiers, ask no questions.~ Jerry Falwell
The christian cult does not want its sheep to ask questions, just to do as they are told
Are you just anti-Christian? Is there any point in having a discussion with you?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94920 Feb 10, 2013
Businessman01 wrote:
<quoted text>Are you just anti-Christian? Is there any point in having a discussion with you?
OK, if some one really believes in (insert religion) than I do not have a problem with them. If they TRY to live by their beliefs.
I do have a problem with people who use church to elevate themselves above others and defame others as they are patting themselves on the back and telling themselves that they are better than others. I have a problem with people who try to force their way on to others and do not accept that every one has the same rights they do.(so many church people feel that they are the only ones with rights)
I try to open the eyes of some christians to make them see that what they are following is not the bible but a group of people who worship social status and wealth.
Yes, not every christian is like this, not every baptist rapes children, I know, but as long as they condemn and threaten me with out knowing anything about what I believe I will fight back
(by the way, we do not sacrifice animals, that was your religion and we do not harm the innocent, again your religion)

usa

#94921 Feb 10, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>OK, if some one really believes in (insert religion) than I do not have a problem with them. If they TRY to live by their beliefs.
I do have a problem with people who use church to elevate themselves above others and defame others as they are patting themselves on the back and telling themselves that they are better than others. I have a problem with people who try to force their way on to others and do not accept that every one has the same rights they do.(so many church people feel that they are the only ones with rights)
I try to open the eyes of some christians to make them see that what they are following is not the bible but a group of people who worship social status and wealth.
Yes, not every christian is like this, not every baptist rapes children, I know, but as long as they condemn and threaten me with out knowing anything about what I believe I will fight back
(by the way, we do not sacrifice animals, that was your religion and we do not harm the innocent, again your religion)
I agree everyone has the right to believe as they wish and I would be the last one to try to force my beliefs on anyone.
hill billy jim

Leitchfield, KY

#94922 Feb 10, 2013
Atheism is what I would say your belief is.I will truly pray for you I don't want to see you go to hell.I pray you seek the Lord before your time is up.

usa

#94923 Feb 10, 2013
hill billy jim wrote:
Atheism is what I would say your belief is.I will truly pray for you I don't want to see you go to hell.I pray you seek the Lord before your time is up.
Are you talking about me???

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94924 Feb 10, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happened in dog town 13 min then 29
Black guy called Peanut UC COLLEGE 21 min Watching you 7
Who is best dentist 1 hr word 6
harley smith in jail 1 hr Kim 7
Casey and Barry 2 hr lol 5
Concerning the Confederate F 2 hr Harry Phrog 12
jimmy saunders 2 hr saunders 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages