Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,532)

Showing posts 90,621 - 90,640 of128,467
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Which sin is worse? Taking blood to save a life or sinning against the holy spirit? Which one can be forgiven?
What does the word 'abstain' mean?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2013

Judged:

KJV changed God’s word

Where did the King James translators get the authority to change so much of God’s inspired word?

1.) By what authority did they take God’s name JEHOVAH out of his own book over 7,000 times?
2.) By whose authority did they mistranslate the word cross for the Greek word STAUROS which means an upright stake not one with a cross bow.
3.) By whose authority did they have for changing the word Passover to the word Easter.

And some have the audacity to accuse Jehovah’s Witnesses for adding the letter ‘a’ to clarify the fact that Jesus is not Almighty God! John 1:18 proves that he is not!“No man has seen God at any time.” Yet many persons saw Jesus!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of your religion have been killed by giving them a blood transfusion in rejecting a clear command from the Holy Scriptures Acts 15:28,29? Do some research on your own!
Yeah I kinda figured that was talking about not drinking blood. They had a big vampire problem in the ancient world.

Look, without blood transfusions a lot more people would die. If I was in a car crash and lost a lot of blood I could need a transfusion to survive. Clearly having enough blood in my body is going to help me pull through more than if I was missing half of it.

Here are the facts about JW and blood transfusions:

"Just as the Watchtower revoked its ruling that organ transplants are wrong in the 1980's, over the last few years it has made significant changes to the acceptable use of blood. Every Jehovah's Witness should seriously consider the implications of the Watchtower making such life and death doctrinal changes before deciding to refuse blood, when lives are at stake."

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/blood-trans...

For the record, I am equally critical of ALL religions. LDS, Baptist, Catholicism, Pentecostal, Sangria, Voodoo, and Seventh Day Adventist are all subject to the same scrutiny. They all make truth claims about the world that are demonstrably false and therefore they are antithetical to truth seeking.

So this is not about bashing JWs, kooky as the religion may be.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

so true wrote:
<quoted text> Okay , so maybe my heart itself , has led me in many wrong directions. Lovin too much or feelin too much at times. Do we not also lust in our minds , not only our hearts? Is one sin , no worse than the other?
If you're really listening
If you're awake to the poignant beauty of the world,
your heart breaks regularly.
In fact, your heart is made to break,
it's purpose is to burst open again and again
so that it can hold evermore wonder...
Who on here hasn't been led in the wrong direction by our hearts, and desires?
No sin is worse than another...
Loving the Creator of this world, and the space it flies through.
Has given us the Big Ten, and Jesus narrowed it down
to really two..
Love God, and Love yer neighbor...
The Heavens declair His Glory, If one is awake, you
cannot deny that ALL this just didn't happen on it's own!
The Lord has proven Himself to me... I surely would not
be here IF He did not exist, and He told me, that He was always
there, and it was I who walked away from Him... I did!
But I think I would not have been stronger If
I didn't go through all I did!
Cannot a drunk tell you better the evils of getting drunk?
I'm not saying that a glass of whatever will keep you out
of heaven, but making it your 'god' will, and being a drunk,
you've clearly made drink your god!
I think the mind plants the seed of sin, if one thinks upon it,
and then it grows in your heart to do so...
Your heart would find a way to justify (deceive) you into
thinking it's a 'Good' idea to do whatever...
I find it would be Extremely hard for one to truly know God is real
to 'want' to sin again...
I know... I'm Rambling on.... You have a Great, and Blessed day :-)
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I do not click on your links. Most of them are false web sites put up by people like you. I notice that the link here says false right in the name
I know you don't want any truth about yer kind...
It says it in yer name!
Darkness hates the Light...
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
When Christians got to these shores it was not morally wrong to burn women at the stake. It was not morally wrong to own slaves. It was not morally wrong to commit adultery with those slaves. It was not morally wrong to commit genocide against natives. "Not OUR fault - the ATHEISTS did it!" doesn't wash.
What religion killed the natives?
What religion burned the women at the stake, and why?
What religion set the slaves free?
To be Christian... You follow Christ!
What did Christ say to do???
Not Our fault... you want to lump the good with the bad, but
I see how yer kind might do that,
Being Anti-Chist n all!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

christianmorals wrote:
just a quick note...the heart does nothing but pump blood so that u can live. it doesn nothin in the way of emotions or feelings or any of that. its like that in the bible cuz back in the day they actually thought the heart is where they did the thinkin from
Just a Quick note...
We're not talking about "that" heart...
Dipstick!
Grey Boxer

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
For the record, I am equally critical of ALL religions. LDS, Baptist, Catholicism, Pentecostal, Sangria, Voodoo, and Seventh Day Adventist are all subject to the same scrutiny. They all make truth claims about the world that are demonstrably false and therefore they are antithetical to truth seeking.
Same here but I specialize in the JW cult for many reasons. They have changed their beliefs so many times that its nothing like it was when ol Russel was running things. He got his 1914 date off the pyramids and believed they contained secrets that only he could explain. His gravestone is a huge pyramid. https://www.google.com/search...

The JW cult just settled a child molesting charge way up in the millions. I think the girls was Conti, but the JWs have a rule that two people have to witness the abuse before they can act on it. They don't report things to the police unless there was two other people sitting there watching it happen. The whole thing is so stupid and hides so many pedophiles that they had to pay out 28 million to that poor girl.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

youtube wrote:
2015 "SIGN" --- ID's WW3 & Final 7 Years
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Great post!
God Bless!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

please wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch this and then explain how it's all just an accident please.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Great post!
God Bless!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
"Faith" is not proof of anything. Hey, how about I prove there is no god by saying "faith in my reasoning ability" That makes more sense than trying to prove your god by YOUR faith
("I believe so it is true") Try a better tactic than ignorance.
God proved Himself to me when I wasn't even looking!
People of faith Know that God is real, and I have
faith that He WILL do as He said!

And People who hate Jesus, and God....
Not gonna have a good day when Judgement comes!
YOUR Choice... Seek Him, Find Him, and say you are sorry!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Student in school ask Brian some questions below.
Is there a commandment in the bible to celebrate Jesus birthday?
Why did a bright shining star lead the magi to Jesus?
Is astrology condemn in the bible?
Astrology... Yes!
Astronomy... No!
God want's us to marvel at His handiwork!
It's AWESOME!
Grey Boxer

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>God proved Himself to me when I wasn't even looking!
People of faith Know that God is real, and I have
faith that He WILL do as He said!
And People who hate Jesus, and God....
Not gonna have a good day when Judgement comes!
YOUR Choice... Seek Him, Find Him, and say you are sorry!
Muslims and every other religions think their God is real as well. They have enough faith to fly planes into buildings. Does that make their God real? They sure don't think your is either.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 10:34,35 :“For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.
Jehovah's Witnesses follow the Scriptures!
Does that answer your question?
No you did not. It does say god in not partial. Just saying, why do you have segregated kingdom halls if god is not partial?
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the word 'abstain' mean?
Sure, I can show that.

Leviticus 17:14 states:“Therefore I said to the children of Israel,‘You shall not eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood. Whoever eats it shall be cut off.” Also, Moses wrote that the Israelites could eat animals like deer or gazelle, but concerning their consumption, he wrote:“Only you shall not eat the blood; you shall pour it on the earth like water”(Deuteronomy 12:16).

The prohibition from the council was made so that the Gentiles would not offend their Jewish Christian brethren. The Jewish Christians were horrified at the thought of eating or drinking blood and that the “Gentile Christians were asked to respect this feeling and thus from motives of brotherly love, and from these alone, to refrain from eating blood and meat that still had its blood.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>What religion killed the natives?
What religion burned the women at the stake, and why?
What religion set the slaves free?
To be Christian... You follow Christ!
What did Christ say to do???
Not Our fault... you want to lump the good with the bad, but
I see how yer kind might do that,
Being Anti-Chist n all!
Christians.
Christians. For no good reason.
The same one that enslaved people in the first place - Christians.
Kill fruit trees that are out of season. Pay taxes. Stop throwing rocks at people.
Any other questions?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of your religion have been killed by giving them a blood transfusion in rejecting a clear command from the Holy Scriptures Acts 15:28,29? Do some research on your own!
You are seriously claiming that the Jerusalem Council (NOT JESUS) said a life-saving blood transfusion is the same thing as eating black pudding or blutwurst?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
No you did not. It does say god in not partial. Just saying, why do you have segregated kingdom halls if god is not partial?
You are totally wrong! We do not have segregated Kingdom Halls. We are united worldwide in a true brotherhood. For that reason we do not participate in national conflicts. We have genuine love among ourselves and that does not allow for any segretion!
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I kinda figured that was talking about not drinking blood. They had a big vampire problem in the ancient world.
Look, without blood transfusions a lot more people would die. If I was in a car crash and lost a lot of blood I could need a transfusion to survive. Clearly having enough blood in my body is going to help me pull through more than if I was missing half of it.
Here are the facts about JW and blood transfusions:
"Just as the Watchtower revoked its ruling that organ transplants are wrong in the 1980's, over the last few years it has made significant changes to the acceptable use of blood. Every Jehovah's Witness should seriously consider the implications of the Watchtower making such life and death doctrinal changes before deciding to refuse blood, when lives are at stake."
http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/blood-trans...
I can appreciate your logical reasoning from a human standpoint. But the creator knows what is best for us. You want to think that is a probitition from eating or drinking blood. I'll give you a senero that will help to clear your understanding. Lets say you were in a terrable auto accident, the Dr. says you need blood, you agree for him to give you whole blood. The nurse comes in with several pint glasses of blood and tells you to drink it all. Yuck you would never do that. Now explain the difference! At least if you drink it, it passes through your digestive system and cleans it somewhat of some impurities. But if you shoot it straight into your viens there all kinds of risks including AIDS Hepititus C any number of STDs Jaundice etc. Really blood is bad medicine no matter what a Dr. might say. And too there are blood subtitutes like saline solution that does pretty much the same thing as a blood transfusion without the risks.
BAAAAAAH

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2013

Gregg wrote:
What's the legislature doing this for? They are $1 billion + short on the budget.
)t is there usual trick of distracting ppl with some religious bull crap last time it was gay marriage

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 90,621 - 90,640 of128,467
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

27 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ron Brock Busted 1 hr Wondering 16
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 145,940
Beautiful selfies on Facebook 2 hr someone 23
looking for a mini pot belly pig 3 hr peppermint. 4
Maryann Smith and Thomas (Oct '12) 3 hr antny 40
close barbourville independent!!! (Oct '09) 4 hr none of your biss 18
Anyone have any free kittens? 4 hr reader 8
•••
•••