Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,115

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#94718 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>How about Christianity; parents should decide. Secularism causes harm in personal life, and freedom when applied to government. Religion helps children learn to grow and encourages population growth; I favor religion over the left's policy of death, abortion, moral confusion, gender equality and fundamentalist atheism.
If you are trying to use religion to justify your political views please read your bible, Matthew 25:32-46.
It is your cult that causes harm in personal lives and social issues. Your cult held back the advancement of the human race in the middle ages, it is your cult that wants to cut down forest and pollute the earth for profits.
You are using religion to justify selfish greed and hate (for the poor)
Your cult shall not be forced on to others nor taught as fact.
Your rights end where my rights begin, you do not have the right to violate others rights

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94719 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
How about ethical monotheism; there is a Creator and we are held accountable for our actions after life? Bible study is good, all bible study but I recommend not the bible quotes of radical atheists.
How does a bible verse change if a normal person quotes it or a sick freak like you quotes it?
Funny how christians run away from their own bible

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94720 Feb 6, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
How does a bible verse change if a normal person quotes it or a sick freak like you quotes it? Funny how christians run away from their own bible
I've never claimed to be Christian; I choose what I disclose. I favor Christians over sick interpretations of outdated bible verse quotes.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#94721 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
How about ethical monotheism; there is a Creator and we are held accountable for our actions after life? Bible study is good, all bible study but I recommend not the bible quotes of radical atheists.
Doesn't truth matter to you?

If so, demonstrate that there is a "Creator". So far no one has been able to do that. Accepting such a hypothesis is not very rational since there is no evidence to support it. And if you can't make a good case for it on what grounds would you call it true?

Also, what is your criteria for deciding which Bible verses are acceptable? Because if you start with the premise that a Creator is in control and he wrote a book of rules then you say that some of those rules are "outdated" you have cut the legs out from under your first premise. You move the moral authority from your Creator figurehead back to your own personal judgement.

I skip all of that. Since I have no evidence for a Creator I assume we humans are on our own and we'd better make wise choices. We make wise choices by having the conversation and trying our best to find the truth.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94722 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've never claimed to be Christian; I choose what I disclose. I favor Christians over sick interpretations of outdated bible verse quotes.
While I agree with the sick (and evil, hate filled, violent) part you can not say that the verses are "outdated" because (the imaginary) god did not say "this changes with the times" or "this is old, here is something new"
More proof that man made god. The christian cult speaks for god and changes their evil bible.
You support teaching the (outdated) bible to children and favor the christian cult that rapes children, murders people, over good Satanist?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94723 Feb 6, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>It is part of OUR History!
Yes, it is. The founding fathers decided that nobody should have a religion forced on them by the government. "Everybody" includes students in public schools.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94724 Feb 6, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>God does know the heart, But how many times have we felt something to be good in our hearts, and minds, and found it to be all wrong?
If one thinks on something that is a sin long enough they desire it, and ends up doing it in our heart!
As Jesus said, If you lust in your heart, you've commited adulty!
When Christians got to these shores it was not morally wrong to burn women at the stake. It was not morally wrong to own slaves. It was not morally wrong to commit adultery with those slaves. It was not morally wrong to commit genocide against natives. "Not OUR fault - the ATHEISTS did it!" doesn't wash.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94725 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>How about Christianity; parents should decide. Secularism causes harm in personal life, and freedom when applied to government. Religion helps children learn to grow and encourages population growth; I favor religion over the left's policy of death, abortion, moral confusion, gender equality and fundamentalist atheism.
I favor the parents deciding for their own children - not for their neighbor's.
I favor facts over unsubstantiated generalities like "secularism causes harm..." and concocted nonsense phrases like "fundamentalist atheism."
I favor rational and critical thinking over blind political partisanship.
I favor responsible parenting over "be fruitful and multiply."
I favor truth over lies, bigotry and superstition.
christianmorals

Elkhorn City, KY

#94726 Feb 6, 2013
just a quick note...the heart does nothing but pump blood so that u can live. it doesn nothin in the way of emotions or feelings or any of that. its like that in the bible cuz back in the day they actually thought the heart is where they did the thinkin from

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#94727 Feb 6, 2013
Yiago wrote:
Yes, truth matters more than politically convenient lies.

Yiago wrote:
If so, demonstrate that there is a "Creator". So far no one has been able to do that. Accepting such a hypothesis is not very rational since there is no evidence to support it. And if you can't make a good case for it on what grounds would you call it true?
Faith.

Yiago wrote:
Also, what is your criteria for deciding which Bible verses are acceptable?
Bible study; you don't take the words of an atheist on interpreting biblical meaning.

Yiago wrote:
Because if you start with the premise that a Creator is in control and he wrote a book of rules then you say that some of those rules are "outdated" you have cut the legs out from under your first premise.
I'm pro bible study, most religions have done outstanding work teaching ethics and morality.

Yiago wrote:
You move the moral authority from your Creator figurehead back to your own personal judgement.
No, let's keep God in the equation; that way it works for everyone.

Yiago wrote:
I skip all of that. Since I have no evidence for a Creator I assume we humans are on our own and we'd better make wise choices. We make wise choices by having the conversation and trying our best to find the truth.
Where's the secularist's body of ethical and moral work? We don't got to atheists for issues that transcend the physical, because they say it's all relative and don't help at all.
youtube

AOL

#94728 Feb 6, 2013

2015 "SIGN" --- ID's WW3 & Final 7 Years

please

Catlettsburg, KY

#94729 Feb 6, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, what is your criteria for deciding which Bible verses are acceptable? Because if you start with the premise that a Creator is in control and he wrote a book of rules then you say that some of those rules are "outdated" you have cut the legs out from under your first premise. You move the moral authority from your Creator figurehead back to your own personal judgement.
Watch this and then explain how it's all just an accident please.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94730 Feb 6, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Yiago - you should remember that "truth" has a mutable definition to religies, and that if you ask for documentation or proof from one it will invariably be faith based opinion or derived from some round about meanderings from scripture, FOX or some goofball organization like DI.
You can't argue with a sheep and expect to get anything intelligible as a reply.
"What do you think of planned parenthood?"
"BAA-AD!"
"How do you feel about the POTUS being re-elected?"
"MAA-AD!"
"Well then, what do you think about other cultures and religions?"
"belch"
"Have you heard that... Hey! Stop chewing on my shoelaces!"

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94731 Feb 6, 2013
"Faith" is not proof of anything. Hey, how about I prove there is no god by saying "faith in my reasoning ability" That makes more sense than trying to prove your god by YOUR faith
("I believe so it is true") Try a better tactic than ignorance.
BAAAAAAH

Hyden, KY

#94732 Feb 6, 2013
Keep religion out of school It is nothing short of a bird being imprinted .I would never want a child of mine forced to listen to it.nothing more than a astronomical parody that got out of control .Used by the Romans to control .There have been thousands of gods .The recent version is no different .Spend your life worshiping a book edited and written for jews by jews .Your parents dragged you to be imprinted and you will drag your offspring to get the same and so the cycle keeps going ..Wake up SHEEP

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#94733 Feb 6, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
Yiago - you should remember that "truth" has a mutable definition to religies, and that if you ask for documentation or proof from one it will invariably be faith based opinion or derived from some round about meanderings from scripture, FOX or some goofball organization like DI.
You can't argue with a sheep and expect to get anything intelligible as a reply.
"What do you think of planned parenthood?"
"BAA-AD!"
"How do you feel about the POTUS being re-elected?"
"MAA-AD!"
"Well then, what do you think about other cultures and religions?"
"belch"
"Have you heard that... Hey! Stop chewing on my shoelaces!"
They can't deal with their real political opponents so they make up fictional opponents. That way, they can feel supreior.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94735 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>They can't deal with their real political opponents so they make up fictional opponents. That way, they can feel supreior.
Are you talking about the christian cult? I know that they make up "sin" to feel superior to others so yea, I can see them making up a lot of other stuff. After all they made up "god"
blah

Louisville, KY

#94736 Feb 6, 2013
hahah

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94737 Feb 6, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>They can't deal with their real political opponents so they make up fictional opponents. That way, they can feel supreior.
I could afford you serious and thoughtful debate on religion, sexual morality, economics, politics, gun laws, etc. point by point and get nowhere or I can entertain myself. My choice?
Brian_G, a wall street executive and an OWS demonstrator sit down at a bar. The bartender says, "What'll you three gents have?" The exec and demonstrator give him a startled look and move down a seat.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Location hidden

#94738 Feb 6, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Are you talking about the christian cult? I know that they make up "sin" to feel superior to others so yea, I can see them making up a lot of other stuff. After all they made up "god"
No, I'm talking about ChromiuMan's cult and the quote above.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ky Momma 1 hr guy 2
Stealing from child's grave 3 hr Coke And A Smile 23
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 hr ole Joe 7,392
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 hr John316 155,559
ItsBarbourville on ustream 4 hr neo cons cant 2
Girls at Flatlick Dolar General? 5 hr friend 19
McDonald's 5 hr j j j 8
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]