Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 143120 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Grey Boxer

London, KY

#94765 Feb 7, 2013
Yiago wrote:
For the record, I am equally critical of ALL religions. LDS, Baptist, Catholicism, Pentecostal, Sangria, Voodoo, and Seventh Day Adventist are all subject to the same scrutiny. They all make truth claims about the world that are demonstrably false and therefore they are antithetical to truth seeking.
So this is not about bashing JWs, kooky as the religion may be.
Same here but I specialize in the JW cult for many reasons. They have changed their beliefs so many times that its nothing like it was when ol Russel was running things. He got his 1914 date off the pyramids and believed they contained secrets that only he could explain. His gravestone is a huge pyramid. https://www.google.com/search...

The JW cult just settled a child molesting charge way up in the millions. I think the girls was Conti, but the JWs have a rule that two people have to witness the abuse before they can act on it. They don't report things to the police unless there was two other people sitting there watching it happen. The whole thing is so stupid and hides so many pedophiles that they had to pay out 28 million to that poor girl.
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#94766 Feb 7, 2013
youtube wrote:
2015 "SIGN" --- ID's WW3 & Final 7 Years
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =8h6r4pJZGDYXX
Great post!
God Bless!
Yes and Amen

Richmond, KY

#94767 Feb 7, 2013
please wrote:
<quoted text>
Watch this and then explain how it's all just an accident please.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =2N3hUuDgU4YXX
Great post!
God Bless!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#94768 Feb 7, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
"Faith" is not proof of anything. Hey, how about I prove there is no god by saying "faith in my reasoning ability" That makes more sense than trying to prove your god by YOUR faith
("I believe so it is true") Try a better tactic than ignorance.
God proved Himself to me when I wasn't even looking!
People of faith Know that God is real, and I have
faith that He WILL do as He said!

And People who hate Jesus, and God....
Not gonna have a good day when Judgement comes!
YOUR Choice... Seek Him, Find Him, and say you are sorry!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#94769 Feb 7, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Student in school ask Brian some questions below.
Is there a commandment in the bible to celebrate Jesus birthday?
Why did a bright shining star lead the magi to Jesus?
Is astrology condemn in the bible?
Astrology... Yes!
Astronomy... No!
God want's us to marvel at His handiwork!
It's AWESOME!
Grey Boxer

London, KY

#94770 Feb 7, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>God proved Himself to me when I wasn't even looking!
People of faith Know that God is real, and I have
faith that He WILL do as He said!
And People who hate Jesus, and God....
Not gonna have a good day when Judgement comes!
YOUR Choice... Seek Him, Find Him, and say you are sorry!
Muslims and every other religions think their God is real as well. They have enough faith to fly planes into buildings. Does that make their God real? They sure don't think your is either.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94771 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Acts 10:34,35 :“For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.
Jehovah's Witnesses follow the Scriptures!
Does that answer your question?
No you did not. It does say god in not partial. Just saying, why do you have segregated kingdom halls if god is not partial?
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94772 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
What does the word 'abstain' mean?
Sure, I can show that.

Leviticus 17:14 states:“Therefore I said to the children of Israel,‘You shall not eat the blood of any flesh, for the life of all flesh is its blood. Whoever eats it shall be cut off.” Also, Moses wrote that the Israelites could eat animals like deer or gazelle, but concerning their consumption, he wrote:“Only you shall not eat the blood; you shall pour it on the earth like water”(Deuteronomy 12:16).

The prohibition from the council was made so that the Gentiles would not offend their Jewish Christian brethren. The Jewish Christians were horrified at the thought of eating or drinking blood and that the “Gentile Christians were asked to respect this feeling and thus from motives of brotherly love, and from these alone, to refrain from eating blood and meat that still had its blood.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94773 Feb 7, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>What religion killed the natives?
What religion burned the women at the stake, and why?
What religion set the slaves free?
To be Christian... You follow Christ!
What did Christ say to do???
Not Our fault... you want to lump the good with the bad, but
I see how yer kind might do that,
Being Anti-Chist n all!
Christians.
Christians. For no good reason.
The same one that enslaved people in the first place - Christians.
Kill fruit trees that are out of season. Pay taxes. Stop throwing rocks at people.
Any other questions?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94775 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of your religion have been killed by giving them a blood transfusion in rejecting a clear command from the Holy Scriptures Acts 15:28,29? Do some research on your own!
You are seriously claiming that the Jerusalem Council (NOT JESUS) said a life-saving blood transfusion is the same thing as eating black pudding or blutwurst?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94777 Feb 7, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
No you did not. It does say god in not partial. Just saying, why do you have segregated kingdom halls if god is not partial?
You are totally wrong! We do not have segregated Kingdom Halls. We are united worldwide in a true brotherhood. For that reason we do not participate in national conflicts. We have genuine love among ourselves and that does not allow for any segretion!
BAAAAAAH

Hyden, KY

#94779 Feb 7, 2013
Gregg wrote:
What's the legislature doing this for? They are $1 billion + short on the budget.
)t is there usual trick of distracting ppl with some religious bull crap last time it was gay marriage
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94780 Feb 7, 2013
If you would welcome more information on the use of blood ask any one of Jehovah's Witnesses for the brochure "How Can Blood Save Your Life"
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94782 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
You are totally wrong! We do not have segregated Kingdom Halls. We are united worldwide in a true brotherhood. For that reason we do not participate in national conflicts. We have genuine love among ourselves and that does not allow for any segretion!
Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall Spanish
1545 W 3rd Ave, Hialeah, FL

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94783 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of your religion have been killed by giving them a blood transfusion in rejecting a clear command from the Holy Scriptures Acts 15:28,29? Do some research on your own!
Dangit.. I can't tell you how many times I've had a guilty conscience from snacking on my idol sacrifices. I just can't seem to help myself. Maybe it's just me, but it really seems to taste better than a Whopper(R) with cheese combo. Healthier, too.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94784 Feb 7, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall Spanish
1545 W 3rd Ave, Hialeah, FL
That is to accomodate our Spanish brothers who speak Spanish. At the Kingdom Hall I attend we have 3 English 3 Spanish and 1 French but that has absolutely nothing to do with segregation! We also have a Russian Congregation in New Youk City etc.

You seem to be 'nit picking' just trying to find fault and do not know what you are talking about. The Pharisees did the same thing with Jesus and his followers.
Grey Boxer

London, KY

#94785 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is to accomodate our Spanish brothers who speak Spanish. At the Kingdom Hall I attend we have 3 English 3 Spanish and 1 French but that has absolutely nothing to do with segregation! We also have a Russian Congregation in New Youk City etc.
You seem to be 'nit picking' just trying to find fault and do not know what you are talking about. The Pharisees did the same thing with Jesus and his followers.
So what about the failed generation prophesy? How did they go about changing that when for years they taught that "millions now living will never die"?
Ann

Dahlonega, GA

#94788 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
The nurse comes in with several pint glasses of blood and tells you to drink it all. Yuck you would never do that. Now explain the difference!

Blood isn't intended to be ingested in this manner. The best way to explain the difference is by analogy:

Let's say you had a terrible case of hemorrhoids and the nurse told you that, instead of inserting a suppository into your rectum, she told you to suck on it. Yuck. You would never do that.

It's faulty to suggest that Jehova's Witnesses decline blood transfusions because it's comparable to drinking blood. That's insulting to practicing Jehova's Witnesses.

It's also faulty to suggest that the reason behind declining blood transfusions is related to the threat of HIV, STDs, etc... It goes much deeper than that.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94789 Feb 7, 2013
YOU WILL FIND A DESCRIPTION OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES, It is found unintentionally in a Bluegrass song.
Check out http://www.bluegrassonthetube.com/page682.htm... . It is very cool! The video is called 'If I Were Your Brother'

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94790 Feb 7, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Why nitpick when there is such a plethora of more substantial observations to address?
You just compared GWB to the pharisees and yourself to Jesus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting at Walmart??? 14 min MisFit Kid 52
The Oven Mitt 15 min Pizza 66
lets go to florida (Jan '15) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 211
laptops 4 sale 1 hr ttwarewolf 11
Is judge ex Jm hall going to prison ? 1 hr Dream 13
Guess what I've got? 1 hr Hot 4
Wes Craven Dead at age 76. 2 hr Pluto 3
walmart shooting 23 hr sittin ducks 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance