Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,134

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#94631 Feb 4, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
If, for some reason, Topix banned cut and paste, we would never hear from you again, would we?
You are too throughly brain-washed by your cult to think on your own.
Don't you find that disturbing?
You should.
Yep.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94632 Feb 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
When students study the bible, they aren't playing video games or watching music videos. Encourage bible study, you might learn something.
Like what?

“There is no god.”

USA

#94633 Feb 4, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Who defined it as "Gentile Times"? Is that phrase literally in the Bible?
Also, how are you calculating such a specific number and arriving at 1914?
And what does that even mean?
Special topix/kjv understanding, all religies have it.
Grey Boxer

Hazard, KY

#94634 Feb 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
First we need to know what is reffered to as the "Gentile times" When the started and when they ended. The Bible and secular history verify they started in 607 BCE when Babylon over threw the nation of Israel and would continus for 5,520 years that ended in 1914 AD or (more accurate CE)
Here is a chart showing the length of the "Gentile Times"
2,520 years
October 607 &#9664; B.C.E. C.E. &#9656; October 1914
606 1&#8260;4 years 1,913 3&#8260;4 years
“The appointed times of the nations” began in 607 B.C.E. and ended in 1914 C.E.
If you need more clarification I can do some research and give you a more detailed explanation.
Lol, how do you explain the failed generation teaching? This generation came and went a long time ago. I guess the light got brighter crap. Not to mention how many millions to the JWs have to pay out in the child molesting charges?

You're in a cult. Do some research and you'll see. Wait, I forget you're not allowed to read anything bad about your religion but they sure do like to point out the bad in all the other ones.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94635 Feb 4, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's not what the freedom of religion christians want, just the kjv, no other fairy tales allowed.
What? I am aghast, sir! Would you dare to infer that good American Christians would even THINK about banning Little Red Riding Hood, Macbeth, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Slaughterhouse Five, A Christmas Carol, A Clockwork Orange, The Scarlet Letter, In Cold Blood, Catch-22, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Don Quixote, Leaves of Grass, The Lord of the Rings, Gone With the Wind, A Farewell To Arms, Animal Farm, The Grapes of Wrath,(Joyce's) Ulysses, Candide, Brave New World, The Catcher in the Rye, Uncle Tom's Cabin, The Crucible, Fahrenheit 451, Anne Frank, A Diary of a Young Girl, The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, All Quiet on the Western Front,...?

“There is no god.”

USA

#94637 Feb 4, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What? I am aghast, sir! Would you dare to infer that good American Christians would even THINK about banning Little Red Riding Hood, Macbeth, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Slaughterhouse Five, A Christmas Carol, A Clockwork Orange, The Scarlet Letter, In Cold Blood, Catch-22, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Don Quixote, Leaves of Grass, The Lord of the Rings, Gone With the Wind, A Farewell To Arms, Animal Farm, The Grapes of Wrath,(Joyce's) Ulysses, Candide, Brave New World, The Catcher in the Rye, Uncle Tom's Cabin, The Crucible, Fahrenheit 451, Anne Frank, A Diary of a Young Girl, The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin, All Quiet on the Western Front,...?
Yep, kinda like Fahrenheit 451.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#94638 Feb 4, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Yep, kinda like Fahrenheit 451.
And don't forget burning Beatles records....
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94639 Feb 4, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
If, for some reason, Topix banned cut and paste, we would never hear from you again, would we?
You are too throughly brain-washed by your cult to think on your own.
Don't you find that disturbing?
You should.
At least I'm not a Witch in the Woods! What is that all about?
christianmorals

Elkhorn City, KY

#94640 Feb 4, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
"christianmorals" Or christian morals definition is that they believe they will be punished if they do something that their ever watching god does not like.
So christians have morals as long as they are being watched. That is not moral it is obedient while under supervision.
Nothing "moral" about that
Where you good morally when sacrificing animals to jehovah? How about when killing children for jehovah?
Was it "good morals" when you murdered Doctors and employees at womens clinics?
The christian cult's idea of good morals is what ever they want to do and hurt whom ever they choose to hurt.
Hey, dont get mad at me, it is the ACTIONS of your cult that tell the truth. Get mad at your cult for being so hate filled and violent.
if u would take a sec to scan thru my post u might soon find out that im an atheist and my name her is condescending. so u wasted all that time to prove something to me that is pretty much pointless cuz i knew it already.
christianmorals

Elkhorn City, KY

#94641 Feb 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Dear "christianmorals",
I have a question for you: Are you disfellowshipped? If not then we can continue to converse. You have my e-mail address, I don't have yours. I can tell from your comments that you are offended by the desfellowshipping. Maybe we could start with that subject.
I will wait for an e-mail from you.
Thanks for your reply.
Have a good day.
no i am not disfellowshipped but if i were it would be against any of gods words that u shouldnt try to help me see the truth better. its the cult like way of the JW's that say other ways. by the bible every one sins and everyone can be forgiven. to make someone feel like the way u do when u disfellowship them is as low as it can get in my opinion cuz i had an uncle that got disfellowshipped there and it is wrong on any lvl no matter how u want to justify it. instead of forgiveness u give them public shame and do all u can to break them down to be nothing more than a mindless servant.
christianmorals

Elkhorn City, KY

#94642 Feb 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
The first thing Satan did when he found himself confined to the vicinity of the earth? He as Revelation 12: says Satan is misleading the entire inhabited earth. So the first thing he did was plunge the earth into World War I. This evidently was to create a distraction so the majority of earth inhabited earth did not recognize that Jesus had began to rule in heaven. All of this parallels in the year 1914.
I hope this has served to help you to understand better the term "Gentile Times" and what happened when they ended in 1914.
to me it just seems u took the culmination of WWII and adjusted it to fit what the book says, which is very easily done with any kind of intellect. the only problem is that jesus and jehova still havent stepped in to do anything. even after another WW they still sit there waiting. seems to me like they would have made a move by now. dont get me wrong tho. if i were goin to believe and go to church and things it would be the KH. i admire how u all do try to live by what the book says as best as possible with not followin traditons of pagans and things but the whole thing is just a made up story that helps to control ppl and give power to a few to try to force what they see fit on the rest of the world. it also needs to be pointed out that u havent attacked a non-believer like the "christians" do, u are makin an effort to show us what and why u believe so that in itself is christ like so thanks. im just sorry that u have to be constrained to a life of that much servitude when the real miracle is that we are just lucky to be in the goldie locks zone of this particular solar system and life can be sustained in our climate and habitat. we are nothin any more special than the dogs and cats we see everyday.
Missy

Ashland, KY

#94643 Feb 5, 2013
Why don't they just allow a few minutes to be set aside for silence and the individuals can silently pray or meditate or just relax.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94646 Feb 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you ask "What is that all about?" BEFORE you deride her for it?

Thank you, WitchintheWoods, for not torturing us with page after page of cut and pastes from The Witchtower magazine.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94647 Feb 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
And don't forget burning Beatles records....
...and disco records. No, wait - I'm 'pro' on that one.

Lets not ignore calls for "Christian" boycotts of Universal and Blockbuster for "The Last Temptation of Christ", Sony for "The Da Vinci Code", Warner Bros. for "the Hobbit", New Line Cinema for "The Golden Compass", etc.

It seems that you don't have to do much to get on the Christians' bad side. Boycotts have been called on 7-Eleven, Abercrombie & Fitch, American Airlines, American Girl, Blockbuster Video, Burger King, Calvin Klein, Carl's Jr., Clorox, Comcast, Crest, Ford, Hallmark Cards, B. Dalton, Kmart, Kraft Foods, S. C. Johnson & Son, Movie Gallery, ABC, PBS, Microsoft, MTV, Books-A-Million, Mary Kay, NutriSystem, Old Navy, IKEA, Sears, Pampers, Target, Tide, Walt Disney Company, PepsiCo, Archie Comics, General Mills, Ralston Purina, Domino's Pizza, Mazda, Noxell, Walden Books....

And then there is/was the decades long farce that Proctor and Gamble was run by Satanists...

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#94648 Feb 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Shouldn't you ask "What is that all about?" BEFORE you deride her for it?
Thank you, WitchintheWoods, for not torturing us with page after page of cut and pastes from The Witchtower magazine.
You are quite welcome. I don't let anyone else do my thinking for me.
It's a rule I have...well, more of a guideline.
Ummm...no, it's definitely a rule.

Odd that he didn't ask you (ChromiuMan) what your name was "all about?"
I guess he can accept the "known fact" that you are made of chromium, but has a hard time with witches.

"Known fact?" Only to him.
The rest of us are a little more demanding of evidence for our "facts."

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94649 Feb 5, 2013
LOL! It took 5 minutes for a religie to plaster judgeits on post 94646 - a post that urges understanding before jumping to being judgmental and surrounded by posts about Xtian book-burn lists, bans and boycotts..

Matt. 7:1
Luke 6:37
James 1:26
James 4:11
Romans 2:1

1 Cor. 1:19 "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

Hypocrites, pretenders and CINOs.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#94650 Feb 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you are not aWitchintheWoods. That is MY name.

If this is an example of your own words, as opposed to your cut and paste,
then I see why you don't communicate your own thoughts.
You aren't very good at it, are you?

If you ask nicely, I would tell you about myself and my name.
But quite honestly, we both realize it's a "known fact" that you don't really care.
You only want the chance to lecture people with your cut and paste... and I am sooooo not interested in the ravings of your cult.

“I'll think about it.”

central Florida

#94651 Feb 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What an excellent list. If only Christians would read more, they might find out what life is about....*sigh*
How stupid can you be

Winchester, KY

#94652 Feb 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Global Flood? Ica stones? Really? You offer hoaxes and then you claim other people's "bias is showing?"
Assuming Noah started near Eden (which in itself is not far fetched) the flood waters would have had to reach a modest depth of 10,000 feet to cover the local mountains by 15 cubits and the ark would then have to float 700 miles north against the current established by the terrain to reach Mount Ararat.
The static rainfall (even with contributions of "founts of the deep") would have to have been over 10 feet of water PER HOUR.
Where is there any geologic evidence, either global or even local to Khuzestan for such an occurrence? NOWHERE. BECAUSE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
"You offer hoaxes and then you claim other people's "bias is showing?"
Pilt down man,
Nebraska man,
Lucy......
Read it again... It says the mountains rose, as the sea fell!
God is real, and I've seen sea shells in odd places!
The geological layers were put down Quikly... NOT Millions of years!
Buy a clue... yer lacking a couple!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94653 Feb 5, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
You are quite welcome. I don't let anyone else do my thinking for me.
It's a rule I have...well, more of a guideline.
Ummm...no, it's definitely a rule.
Odd that he didn't ask you (ChromiuMan) what your name was "all about?"
I guess he can accept the "known fact" that you are made of chromium, but has a hard time with witches.
"Known fact?" Only to him.
The rest of us are a little more demanding of evidence for our "facts."
Looks like somebody overwrote the original judgeits with better ones.:)
I couldn't register MirrorMan - it was already taken. Chromium is reflective, which I intended as a double entendre.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thum...
Also, the outermost layer of chromium is transparent.(Good for preserving that 'see yourself shine'- or rather "See how you are?" or "Good Gawd, look at yourself!")

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min Le Jimbo 155,589
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 7 min Hick Trauma 7,469
Stealing from child's grave 10 min Family 27
KC bville lynncamp, who has the best cheer squad? 29 min get it 8
Did they they ban the psycho parent from footba... 1 hr PantherNation 2
Daniel bays (Jul '12) 1 hr mark 13
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr BIG_STEVIE 26,297
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]