Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,856

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94673 Feb 5, 2013
CM wrote:
LOL! It took 5 minutes for a religie to plaster judgeits on post 94646 - a post that urges understanding before jumping to being judgmental and surrounded by posts about Xtian book-burn lists, bans and boycotts..
Matt. 7:1
Luke 6:37
James 1:26
James 4:11
Romans 2:1
1 Cor. 1:19 "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

Hypocrites, pretenders and CINOs....

Really now, YaA, Sparky, Stupid, Cowardly Lyin' or whatever you want to post as.. do you not understand how juvenile and transparent you are in judging others - and (chuckle..) judging your own posts?! ROFL!!!! TWO YEARS here and ALL YOU'VE LEARNED is how to post like a troll!!! Christian? LMFAO!!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94675 Feb 5, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Like what?
If you study the Bible, you'll learn what radical secularists fear most; you will have the knowledge to defeat fundamentalist atheism.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94676 Feb 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If you study the Bible, you'll learn what radical secularists fear most; you will have the knowledge to defeat fundamentalist atheism.
... "knowledge" to defeat "fundamentalist" atheism? That is like reading Jack and the Beanstalk to learn the animal husbandry of golden egg laying geese.

There is no knowledge, there is no golden egg. The only thing you are left with that has a foot in reality is the goose or the atheist. Take your pick.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#94677 Feb 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If you study the Bible, you'll learn what radical secularists fear most; you will have the knowledge to defeat fundamentalist atheism.
You are correct, What fundamentalist atheist fear most is a massive population of stupid people.... It scares the Bajezzus out of me that's for sure....
christianmorals

Elkhorn City, KY

#94678 Feb 5, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>No... yer not the only one in two years to twist my handle...
It's the question of how stupid can 'YOU' be?
Aparently.... pretty much!
The Bible speaks of Dinosaurs, but the word 'Dinosaur' did come into play until the 1800's...
Boheamoth, Laviathon, and Dragons are written about in the Bible...
Now... an Elephants tale is NOT like a cedar tree...
so don't even go there!
the bible also says the earth is the center of the universe and all revolves around it. it also says there is a firmament in the sky to keep the water from fallin in, cuz they didnt even know the blue sky is caused by the ozone layer, they thought it was onother ocean, hmmm. dont think i can take the bibles word for much but im glad u are reaching.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94679 Feb 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, What fundamentalist atheist fear most is a massive population of stupid people.... It scares the Bajezzus out of me that's for sure....

Can you say, "Zombie apocalypse?"

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#94680 Feb 5, 2013
Lol, that special topix/kjv understanding being used by the religies once more.

job 40.17(I think)kjv
"He moves his tail like a cedar, the sinews of his stones are wrapped together."

The religie special topix/kjv understanding points to dinos.

The verse does not say as big as a cedar it says it moves like a cedar.

The verse speaks of stones wrapped together.

You would think no religie has ever seen a crocodile, and in the nile area(egypt) they have crocodiles, lots of those nasty behemoth, leviathan, and dragon type crocodiles, o my.

Poof, there it is, lmao.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94681 Feb 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Well, jesus taught, love love love, why would you have to defeat atheism, just love us to death or are you skeered of our inability to see your delusions?

“There is no god.”

USA

#94682 Feb 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
CM wrote:
LOL! It took 5 minutes for a religie to plaster judgeits on post 94646 - a post that urges understanding before jumping to being judgmental and surrounded by posts about Xtian book-burn lists, bans and boycotts..
Matt. 7:1
Luke 6:37
James 1:26
James 4:11
Romans 2:1
1 Cor. 1:19 "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
Hypocrites, pretenders and CINOs....
Really now, YaA, Sparky, Stupid, Cowardly Lyin' or whatever you want to post as.. do you not understand how juvenile and transparent you are in judging others - and (chuckle..) judging your own posts?! ROFL!!!! TWO YEARS here and ALL YOU'VE LEARNED is how to post like a troll!!! Christian? LMFAO!!
Good post.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94683 Feb 5, 2013
"The Witchtower magazine"

Lmfao.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94684 Feb 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94686 Feb 5, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Well, jesus taught, love love love, why would you have to defeat atheism, just love us to death or are you skeered of our inability to see your delusions?
I've got nothing against atheists; I just don't like the way the fundamentalist faction attempts to shut religion out of the public square and our public schools. I'm not reacting from fear; I'm forcing you to deal with the issue of freedom of religion. Of course, bible study in school! Where do you want them to learn about religion, on the streets?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94687 Feb 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've got nothing against atheists; I just don't like the way the fundamentalist faction attempts to shut religion out of the public square and our public schools. I'm not reacting from fear; I'm forcing you to deal with the issue of freedom of religion. Of course, bible study in school! Where do you want them to learn about religion, on the streets?
What you do not understand is that freedom of religion gives me the right to be free from your religion.
Forcing my child to read your bible and telling my child that the bible is fact is a violation of my childs right to be free from your religion.
Reading the bible is why I do not believe in god.
So should children be taught that it is OK to have sex with their fathers?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94688 Feb 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>I've got nothing against atheists; I just don't like the way the fundamentalist faction attempts to shut religion out of the public square and our public schools. I'm not reacting from fear; I'm forcing you to deal with the issue of freedom of religion. Of course, bible study in school! Where do you want them to learn about religion, on the streets?
NOBODY is supposed to be "forced" to deal with the "issue" of religion, Brain_D. THAT'S WHAT THE FIRST AMENDMENT GUARANTEES. People like YOU are the ones that MAKE it an ISSUE!

Of course Bible study in school - SUNDAY SCHOOL.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94689 Feb 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Forcedom of religion, lol, good one. You could start by teaching the bible in your tax free temples and such. Public school is just that public not religiously run, this ain't iran brian, here forcing by fundamentalist religies will not work. Our tax dollars would be better spent on real things not imaginary gods like the kjv one.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94690 Feb 5, 2013
I wonder how Brian G would feel if we wnted to teach Satanism in public schools, or how about Judaism or Muslim teachings?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94691 Feb 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
...and disco records. No, wait - I'm 'pro' on that one.
Lets not ignore calls for "Christian" boycotts of Universal and Blockbuster for "The Last Temptation of Christ", Sony for "The Da Vinci Code", Warner Bros. for "the Hobbit", New Line Cinema for "The Golden Compass", etc.
It seems that you don't have to do much to get on the Christians' bad side. Boycotts have been called on 7-Eleven, Abercrombie & Fitch, American Airlines, American Girl, Blockbuster Video, Burger King, Calvin Klein, Carl's Jr., Clorox, Comcast, Crest, Ford, Hallmark Cards, B. Dalton, Kmart, Kraft Foods, S. C. Johnson & Son, Movie Gallery, ABC, PBS, Microsoft, MTV, Books-A-Million, Mary Kay, NutriSystem, Old Navy, IKEA, Sears, Pampers, Target, Tide, Walt Disney Company, PepsiCo, Archie Comics, General Mills, Ralston Purina, Domino's Pizza, Mazda, Noxell, Walden Books....
And then there is/was the decades long farce that Proctor and Gamble was run by Satanists...
Jehovah's Witnesses do not boycott anything. It is not our assignment ot try to police the world. We are told to preach the good news of God's kingdom Matthew 24:14 and to go teach Matthew 28:19,20 If we spend our time doing those things and leave the wickedness of this world to Jehovah to take care of we will be doing what Jesus referred to as doing Gods will. Maatthew 7:21
Grey Boxer

Hazard, KY

#94692 Feb 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witnesses do not boycott anything. It is not our assignment ot try to police the world. We are told to preach the good news of God's kingdom Matthew 24:14 and to go teach Matthew 28:19,20 If we spend our time doing those things and leave the wickedness of this world to Jehovah to take care of we will be doing what Jesus referred to as doing Gods will. Maatthew 7:21
JWs are not allowed to vote in any election. How is that not a boycott?

I just got to watch the Sparlock video. It was funny how the JWs who hadn't heard of the video thought it was made by Apostates and then had to do a 180 after they found out their cult put it out. If anyone wants a good laugh at the JWs check this out before they ban it all. Its funnier than the sign language masturbation video.

http://speedydeletion.wikia.com/wiki/Sparlock

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94693 Feb 5, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Be that as it may, I did not say "JWs ban" - I only provided a small sampling of works banned by various Christian bodies. I do not distinguish Catholics, Protestants, JWs or "other." If somebody professes to being an automobile, who am I to quibble whether they are a Yugo or a Rolls Royce? If they profess to being an automobile and bovine feces comes out the tail pipe, that's a different issue.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94694 Feb 5, 2013
What is the difference between a religion and a cult.
A cult does not allow its followers to ask questions and is always vague when answering questions E.G. "you do not understand the bible"
A religion expects its followers to ask questions and tries to answer any questions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knox Central 3 min guess 2
truck payments 52 min gator 10
Need food badly 1 hr Need food badly 25
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 1 hr TOASTup 404
city of barbourville 4 hr Three losers 15
Rats?? just wondering 4 hr pacman 4
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 5 hr yea 2
Porsche mills 10 hr Prayers 17
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:18 am PST

Bleacher Report 7:18AM
Tennessee Titans vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: Complete Week 16 Preview for Tennesse
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Dexter McCluster out Thursday, likely out Week 17 as well
NBC Sports 2:30 PM
Manziel looking for better showing in second start - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:48 PM
Titans RB McCluster ruled out of game vs. Jaguars - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 5:47 PM
Denver Broncos vs. Cincinnati Bengals Betting Odds, Analysis, NFL Pick