Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
90,401 - 90,420 of 128,629 Comments Last updated 31 min ago

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Lmao, true, true, true and true.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello ChromiuMan,
Good post, there will be a lot of linda blair impersonations when the religies read your comment.
YaA doesn't want to recognize that it was 2 denominations of Christians who were killing each others' schoolkids in Northern Ireland for the last 400 years.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
Don't hide your light under a pale; teach bible study anywhere people will learn.
Yes, I agree, you can see it happening with ever increasing numbers of people, the more you religies talk the more people will *learn* you religies are full of it(it being bull-excrement).

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
YaA doesn't want to recognize that it was 2 denominations of Christians who were killing each others' schoolkids in Northern Ireland for the last 400 years.
Yep,*it* has that "special topix/kjv understanding".
LOVELY

Hindman, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
That is right u take God out of anything or u dont include him in everything u are in danger anyway!!!!!!!!!!

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian or Muslim, Catholic or Protestant, Sunni or Shiite, Mosaic or Sharia law...
It isn't the atheists and agnostics who kill by the names and desires of the gods.
The christian cult has murdered more people in the name of jesus than every war put together (including Hitler)

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

btw wrote:
Ho ho ho- yeah, I've met a few of you chuckleheads over the years...
I was just going off your overblown nickname, bruddah! Not stalking, just bopping around the different threads trying to stir up a conversation- surprised to hear back from you so soon- how's tricks?<quoted text>
was that what my dogs were barking @?
Yea, I post here when I am bored. Things are good, how cold is it in North Fl?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Yea, I post here when I am bored. Things are good, how cold is it in North Fl?
60 degrees and clear near St. Augustine. Cooler today than yesterday but still have the windows open. Wife is pretty confident the worst of the cold spells are done for the winter, so she had me planting some hibiscus, ferns and annuals today.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Former Top Judge Says US Risks Edging Near to Dictatorship

• Sandra Day O'Connor warns of rightwing attacks
• Lawyers 'must speak up' to protect judiciary

Sandra Day O'Connor, a Republican-appointed judge who retired last month after 24 years on the supreme court, has said the US is in danger of edging towards dictatorship if the party's rightwingers continue to attack the judiciary.

In a strongly worded speech at Georgetown University, reported by National Public Radio and the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin, Ms O'Connor took aim at Republican leaders whose repeated denunciations of the courts for alleged liberal bias could, she said, be contributing to a climate of violence against judges.

http://www.commondreams.org/cgi-bin/print.cgi...
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

What persuaded you to believe in a Creator?

In 1990, I spent a few months in Dublin, Ireland, doing research at Trinity College. As I was traveling home with my wife, Barbara, we considered the future of our children. We also decided to visit my sister who was one of Jehovah’s Witnesses. My sister gave me a copy of the book Life—How Did It Get Here? By Evolution or by Creation? published by the Witnesses. The careful research that had gone into this work impressed me. It then dawned on me that I had accepted evolution without really questioning it. For example, I had assumed that evolution was well supported by the fossil record. But it is not. Indeed, the more I examined evolution, the more I became convinced that the theory is more bluster than fact.

Then I thought about my work with robots. Whose designs was I imitating? I could never design a robot capable of catching a ball as we can. A robot can be programmed to catch a ball, but only in precisely controlled conditions. It cannot do so in circumstances for which it has not been programmed. Our ability to learn is vastly superior to that of a machine—and mere machines have makers! This fact is just one of many that led me to conclude that we must have had a Designer.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Why did you become one of Jehovah’s Witnesses?

In part, it was because Barbara and I liked their thorough study methods. I was especially impressed with the research that goes into their publications. Solid research appeals to people like me, who want to probe into the details of things. For example, I became deeply interested in the many prophecies, or predictions, in the Bible. My study of those convinced me that the Bible really is from God. In 1992, Barbara and I were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses.
LOL in a suit

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Priest,
I see you are telling the truth, the religies judged it to be true as one religie said in an earlier post.
I thought you were against religion being taught.
Oh, I see. You're not against satanism. That religion is ok.
Your hypocrisy is showing.

“There is no god.”

USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Roflmao, religies and that good ole "special topix/kjv understanding".
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
In part, it was because Barbara and I liked their thorough study methods. I was especially impressed with the research that goes into their publications. Solid research appeals to people like me, who want to probe into the details of things. For example, I became deeply interested in the many prophecies, or predictions, in the Bible. My study of those convinced me that the Bible really is from God. In 1992, Barbara and I were baptized as Jehovah’s Witnesses.
Jehovah Witnesses debating the end is near in 2014.

http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ky/TEQBSM980...
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
Now for the rest of the story.

Shunning
Social rejection has been established to cause psychological damage and has been categorized as torture.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shunning#In_reli...
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Tipping point for California. New census data shows Hispanics will outnumber whites sometime in 2013.

Does that mean I have to press 2 for English from now on?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah Witnesses debating the end is near in 2014.
http://www.topix.com/forum/state/ky/TEQBSM980...
That is false information! First Jehovah's Witnesses do not debate! We know the end is near but the scriptures plainly says no one knows the day or the hour....only the Father knows!

If you are bound to post misleading information at least try to make it believable!

TIME OF THE END
An expression found six times in the book of Daniel. It refers to a time period marking the conclusion of a system of things and culminating in its destruction. The prophet Daniel was given a preview of events to occur in the distant future. Thereafter he was told:“And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant.”—Da 12:4.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

The expression “time of the end” does not mean an ‘end of time’ but denotes a period of time that culminates in the end or destruction, not of all things, but of the things mentioned in the prophecy. That time itself will not end is made clear in the Scriptures. For example, the psalmist said concerning the earth:“It will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever.”(Ps 104:5)

Jehovah's Witnesses has made that so plain that some religions now have resorted to calling it not "the end of time" but "end times"
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is false information! First Jehovah's Witnesses do not debate! We know the end is near but the scriptures plainly says no one knows the day or the hour....only the Father knows!
If you are bound to post misleading information at least try to make it believable!
TIME OF THE END
An expression found six times in the book of Daniel. It refers to a time period marking the conclusion of a system of things and culminating in its destruction. The prophet Daniel was given a preview of events to occur in the distant future. Thereafter he was told:“And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant.”—Da 12:4.
Do you want to debate me on that? LOL
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you want to debate me on that? LOL
You post whatever you want and if I care to respond to it I will but I absolutely do not want to debate or argue over anything.
If you have questions I will be glad to answer them if I can.

You have a goodnight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

76 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
teresa johnson where did the thread go ? (Dec '12) 13 min Just me 4
Ky Biscuit Company 14 min GetALife 24
Any couples into SCAT??? 16 min whats up 10
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 32 min scirocco 146,213
Stivers Center fixes 46 min BIG BUG PODGE 34
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 3,788
Beautiful selfies on Facebook 1 hr Observer 38
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••