Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 153684 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#94663 Feb 5, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>He mispelled his name, it is "how stupid can I be" but being stupid he does not understand
Ha
Ha ha
Ha...
You made a funny!
Do you think that in two years, someone hasn't said that???
Usually, the ignorant come up with such quips...
Still going strong!
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#94665 Feb 5, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
"christianmorals" Or christian morals definition is that they believe they will be punished if they do something that their ever watching god does not like.
So christians have morals as long as they are being watched. That is not moral it is obedient while under supervision.
Nothing "moral" about that
Where you good morally when sacrificing animals to jehovah? How about when killing children for jehovah?
Was it "good morals" when you murdered Doctors and employees at womens clinics?
The christian cult's idea of good morals is what ever they want to do and hurt whom ever they choose to hurt.
Hey, dont get mad at me, it is the ACTIONS of your cult that tell the truth. Get mad at your cult for being so hate filled and violent.
Tisk tisk....
It's not hard to avoid sin...
when you've been cleansed by the Blood Of Jesus!
Try it... you'll like it!
You'll then see how dark you were!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94666 Feb 5, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Tisk tisk....
It's not hard to avoid sin...
when you've been cleansed by the Blood Of Jesus!
Try it... you'll like it!
You'll then see how dark you were!
There is the ongoing debate... is drug abuse self medication of existing neurochemical imbalances? This opens the question, is religion a psychological self therapy for existing neurochemical imbalances?
Embracing the belief beyond all contrary physical evidence that the Earth is 6,000 years old, that all of the mountains under the entire heavens were covered to a depth of 15 cubits in a mere 960 hours, that a path through the Red Sea was opened specifically for a vagabond party of escapees, etc., etc., ad rabidus...
Its not hard to be "cleansed" of "sin" when half of your ganglia are scrambled.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94667 Feb 5, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Ha
Ha ha
Ha...
You made a funny!
Do you think that in two years, someone hasn't said that???
Usually, the ignorant come up with such quips...
Still going strong!
The ignorant came up with the quip "Still going strong!" Two years and still just as clueless as day one.
Self deception is such a sad thing to watch.
Wrong again Sparky

Richmond, KY

#94668 Feb 5, 2013
Hmm wrote:
My ipinion n the subject would be to offer the class, but leave it as smething that is optional, because if you try to force a belief on someone then not only does it push someone away from it, it also defeats the purpose of the whole belief, because according to it, it is supposed to be for those who desire to do so on their own free will. To force any religion, whether good or bad, is a mistake, but to try to force someone to not have the right to their own belief is just as bad
Yes...
It was/is optional/Elective!
Good reasons to make ALL schools Christian!

http://www.educationbug.org/a/public-school-v...

"because certain Christian schools may be known for high academic standards, a safe environment, and a disciplined student body, the Christian school may hold appeal for those who are not members of its faith community."
.
We hold to higher standards!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94669 Feb 5, 2013
Wrong again Sparky wrote:
<quoted text>Yes...
It was/is optional/Elective!
Good reasons to make ALL schools Christian!
http://www.educationbug.org/a/public-school-v...
"because certain Christian schools may be known for high academic standards, a safe environment, and a disciplined student body, the Christian school may hold appeal for those who are not members of its faith community."
.
We hold to higher standards!
Really.. the original article/legislation was about a secondary education course to review biblical influence on art, literature and history in Europe.
Care to tell us your stance on traditional "Bible study" and teacher led prayers in elementary schools, YaA?
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#94670 Feb 5, 2013
christianmorals wrote:
<quoted text>
your post here gives the perfect explaination to your name, u are showin just how stupid one can really be. next u are gonna say the devil placed the dinosaur bones and fossils to trick us, huh?
No... yer not the only one in two years to twist my handle...
It's the question of how stupid can 'YOU' be?
Aparently.... pretty much!
The Bible speaks of Dinosaurs, but the word 'Dinosaur' did come into play until the 1800's...
Boheamoth, Laviathon, and Dragons are written about in the Bible...
Now... an Elephants tale is NOT like a cedar tree...
so don't even go there!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#94671 Feb 5, 2013
christianmorals wrote:
<quoted text>
your post here gives the perfect explaination to your name, u are showin just how stupid one can really be. next u are gonna say the devil placed the dinosaur bones and fossils to trick us, huh?
Five
5
4
3
2
1
One more thing...
Unicorn was defined as a single horned Rhino up until late 19'th century!
How stupid can you be

Richmond, KY

#94672 Feb 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Provide a link.
You wouldn't follow it anyways... You do not like/want the truth!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94673 Feb 5, 2013
CM wrote:
LOL! It took 5 minutes for a religie to plaster judgeits on post 94646 - a post that urges understanding before jumping to being judgmental and surrounded by posts about Xtian book-burn lists, bans and boycotts..
Matt. 7:1
Luke 6:37
James 1:26
James 4:11
Romans 2:1
1 Cor. 1:19 "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

Hypocrites, pretenders and CINOs....

Really now, YaA, Sparky, Stupid, Cowardly Lyin' or whatever you want to post as.. do you not understand how juvenile and transparent you are in judging others - and (chuckle..) judging your own posts?! ROFL!!!! TWO YEARS here and ALL YOU'VE LEARNED is how to post like a troll!!! Christian? LMFAO!!

“I'm Hillary's Deplorable”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#94675 Feb 5, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
Like what?
If you study the Bible, you'll learn what radical secularists fear most; you will have the knowledge to defeat fundamentalist atheism.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94676 Feb 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If you study the Bible, you'll learn what radical secularists fear most; you will have the knowledge to defeat fundamentalist atheism.
... "knowledge" to defeat "fundamentalist" atheism? That is like reading Jack and the Beanstalk to learn the animal husbandry of golden egg laying geese.

There is no knowledge, there is no golden egg. The only thing you are left with that has a foot in reality is the goose or the atheist. Take your pick.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#94677 Feb 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If you study the Bible, you'll learn what radical secularists fear most; you will have the knowledge to defeat fundamentalist atheism.
You are correct, What fundamentalist atheist fear most is a massive population of stupid people.... It scares the Bajezzus out of me that's for sure....
christianmorals

Pikeville, KY

#94678 Feb 5, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>No... yer not the only one in two years to twist my handle...
It's the question of how stupid can 'YOU' be?
Aparently.... pretty much!
The Bible speaks of Dinosaurs, but the word 'Dinosaur' did come into play until the 1800's...
Boheamoth, Laviathon, and Dragons are written about in the Bible...
Now... an Elephants tale is NOT like a cedar tree...
so don't even go there!
the bible also says the earth is the center of the universe and all revolves around it. it also says there is a firmament in the sky to keep the water from fallin in, cuz they didnt even know the blue sky is caused by the ozone layer, they thought it was onother ocean, hmmm. dont think i can take the bibles word for much but im glad u are reaching.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94679 Feb 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, What fundamentalist atheist fear most is a massive population of stupid people.... It scares the Bajezzus out of me that's for sure....

Can you say, "Zombie apocalypse?"

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#94680 Feb 5, 2013
Lol, that special topix/kjv understanding being used by the religies once more.

job 40.17(I think)kjv
"He moves his tail like a cedar, the sinews of his stones are wrapped together."

The religie special topix/kjv understanding points to dinos.

The verse does not say as big as a cedar it says it moves like a cedar.

The verse speaks of stones wrapped together.

You would think no religie has ever seen a crocodile, and in the nile area(egypt) they have crocodiles, lots of those nasty behemoth, leviathan, and dragon type crocodiles, o my.

Poof, there it is, lmao.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#94681 Feb 5, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>If you study the Bible, you'll learn what radical secularists fear most; you will have the knowledge to defeat fundamentalist atheism.
Well, jesus taught, love love love, why would you have to defeat atheism, just love us to death or are you skeered of our inability to see your delusions?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#94682 Feb 5, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
CM wrote:
LOL! It took 5 minutes for a religie to plaster judgeits on post 94646 - a post that urges understanding before jumping to being judgmental and surrounded by posts about Xtian book-burn lists, bans and boycotts..
Matt. 7:1
Luke 6:37
James 1:26
James 4:11
Romans 2:1
1 Cor. 1:19 "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."
Hypocrites, pretenders and CINOs....
Really now, YaA, Sparky, Stupid, Cowardly Lyin' or whatever you want to post as.. do you not understand how juvenile and transparent you are in judging others - and (chuckle..) judging your own posts?! ROFL!!!! TWO YEARS here and ALL YOU'VE LEARNED is how to post like a troll!!! Christian? LMFAO!!
Good post.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#94683 Feb 5, 2013
"The Witchtower magazine"

Lmfao.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#94684 Feb 5, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct, What fundamentalist atheist fear most is a massive population of stupid people.... It scares the Bajezzus out of me that's for sure....
Yep.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lynn camp school THEFTS reported to KEA Today 10 min isk 3
Daniel Boone 2016 31 min partyondudes 5
Wreck in Trosper!!! 32 min Tom 2
No regrets 49 min Happy 18
Clean apartments 1 hr FUPPL 1
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 1 hr Voter 89
Walmart Supercenter 2 hr Fyi 9

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages