Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,545

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94604 Feb 3, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know the "Gentile times" ended in 1914? And define "Gentile times".
First we need to know what is reffered to as the "Gentile times" When the started and when they ended. The Bible and secular history verify they started in 607 BCE when Babylon over threw the nation of Israel and would continus for 5,520 years that ended in 1914 AD or (more accurate CE)
Here is a chart showing the length of the "Gentile Times"

2,520 years
October 607 &#9664; B.C.E. C.E. &#9656; October 1914
606 1&#8260;4 years 1,913 3&#8260;4 years
“The appointed times of the nations” began in 607 B.C.E. and ended in 1914 C.E.
If you need more clarification I can do some research and give you a more detailed explanation.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94605 Feb 3, 2013
Sorry for the confusing numbers as aresult of copy and paste'
Here is a clear chart.

2,520 years
October 607 to October 1914 CE
606 1&#8260;4 years plus 1,913 3&#8260;4 years
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94606 Feb 3, 2013
October 607 B.C.E. to October 1914 2,520 years
606 1&#8260;4 years plus 1,913 3&#8260;4 years
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94607 Feb 3, 2013
So sorry for the confusing numbers again.
Will try it one more time:

October 607 BCE to 1914 CE is 2,520 years.
606 1/4 years plus 1,913 3/4 years equals 2,520 years.
“The appointed times of the nations” began in 607 B.C.E. and ended in 1914 C.E.

If you need more clarification I can do some research and give you a more detailed explanation.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#94608 Feb 3, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
First we need to know what is reffered to as the "Gentile times" When the started and when they ended. The Bible and secular history verify they started in 607 BCE when Babylon over threw the nation of Israel and would continus for 5,520 years that ended in 1914 AD or (more accurate CE)
Here is a chart showing the length of the "Gentile Times"
2,520 years
October 607 &#9664; B.C.E. C.E. &#9656; October 1914
606 1&#8260;4 years 1,913 3&#8260;4 years
Who defined it as "Gentile Times"? Is that phrase literally in the Bible?

Also, how are you calculating such a specific number and arriving at 1914?

And what does that even mean?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94609 Feb 3, 2013
Another way to determine when the Gentile times would end can be found in Jesus' prophecy recorded at Matthew 24:7,8 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.
This happened in the fall of 1914 with the outbreak of the gteat war-WWI
2 Timothy 3:1-5 But know this, that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. 2 For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, 3 having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, 4 betrayers, headstrong, puffed up [with pride], lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, 5 having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away.

The year 1914 marked the begenning of the "Last Days" as described by 2 Timothy 3:1-5. We have witnesses these very things within this generation from 1914 to date. This also paralles the prophecy recorded at Revelation 12:12 On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94610 Feb 3, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
APPOINTED TIMES OF THE NATIONS
After discussing the destruction due to come upon the city of Jerusalem, Jesus made the statement:“And Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations [“times of the Gentiles,” KJ, RS] are fulfilled.”(Lu 21:24) The period indicated by the expression “appointed times of the nations [Gr., kairoiethnon&#8242;]” has occasioned considerable discussion as to its meaning and implication.
Crooklin

Roseville, CA

#94611 Feb 3, 2013
Eschatology of Jehovah's Witnesses

The Watch Tower Society has admitted its early leaders promoted "incomplete, even inaccurate concepts".[12] The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses says that, unlike Old Testament prophets, its interpretations of the Bible are not inspired or infallible.[13][14][15] Witness publications say that Bible prophecies can be fully understood only after their fulfillment.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eschatology_of_J...
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94612 Feb 3, 2013
Beginning of ‘trampling.’
The ‘trampling’ on that kingdom of the dynasty of Davidic rulers began with the Babylonian overthrow of that dynasty in 607 B.C.E. when Nebuchadnezzar destroyed Jerusalem and took captive the dethroned king Zedekiah and the land was left desolate.(2Ki 25:1-26;) This accorded with the prophetic words directed to Zedekiah at Ezekiel 21:25-27, namely:“Remove the turban, and lift off the crown. This will not be the same. . . . A ruin, a ruin, a ruin I shall make it. As for this also, it will certainly become no one’s until he comes who has the legal right, and I must give it to him.” The one who has “the legal right” to the Davidic crown lost by Zedekiah is demonstrated in the Christian Greek Scriptures to be Christ Jesus, of whom the angel, announcing his future birth, said:“Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, and he will rule as king over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end of his kingdom.”—Lu 1:32, 33.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94613 Feb 3, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
When the Gentile times ended it would mark the time for Jesus to begin his rule. Revelation 12:10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
“Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ...

When Jesus began to rule in Heaven what is the first thing he was to do? Revelation 12:7-12 And war broke out in heaven: Michael (the resurrected Jesus Christ)and his angels battled with the dragon, and the dragon and its angels battled 8 but it did not prevail, neither was a place found for them any longer in heaven. 9 So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan, who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth, and his angels were hurled down with him. 10 And I heard a loud voice in heaven say:
“Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! 11 And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. 12 On this account be glad, YOU heavens and YOU who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to YOU, having great anger, knowing he has a short period of time.”

Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94614 Feb 3, 2013
The first thing Satan did when he found himself confined to the vicinity of the earth? He as Revelation 12: says Satan is misleading the entire inhabited earth. So the first thing he did was plunge the earth into World War I. This evidently was to create a distraction so the majority of earth inhabited earth did not recognize that Jesus had began to rule in heaven. All of this parallels in the year 1914.

I hope this has served to help you to understand better the term "Gentile Times" and what happened when they ended in 1914.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#94615 Feb 3, 2013
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Based on all my experience on this topic what happens is BS is called out and reason tends to prevail over time.
But I'm aware that you feel the evidence is not compelling.
All the evidence I have seen ( Man Caused Global Warming ) is only compelling to those that have a preconceived Belief in the first place... The main arguments are based on projected models and the Basic singular data that those models are constructed around has been shown to be Wrong (Hockey Stick Data set) and previous models have been shown to be Wrong in almost every case ... Yes... I do not find it compelling....

One of the Claims biggest flaws is it gives little to no weight on Solar component... And second the claim does not provide Evidence of a Global Temp Lagging CO2 ... In fact the evidence more and more seems to show the CO2 Lags Temp rise by about 40 to 60 years...

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#94617 Feb 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
The first thing Satan did when he found himself confined to the vicinity of the earth? He as Revelation 12: says Satan is misleading the entire inhabited earth. So the first thing he did was plunge the earth into World War I. This evidently was to create a distraction so the majority of earth inhabited earth did not recognize that Jesus had began to rule in heaven. All of this parallels in the year 1914.
I hope this has served to help you to understand better the term "Gentile Times" and what happened when they ended in 1914.
Have you ever considered that all of that is a lie?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#94619 Feb 4, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
All the evidence I have seen ( Man Caused Global Warming ) is only compelling to those that have a preconceived Belief in the first place... The main arguments are based on projected models and the Basic singular data that those models are constructed around has been shown to be Wrong (Hockey Stick Data set) and previous models have been shown to be Wrong in almost every case ... Yes... I do not find it compelling....
One of the Claims biggest flaws is it gives little to no weight on Solar component... And second the claim does not provide Evidence of a Global Temp Lagging CO2 ... In fact the evidence more and more seems to show the CO2 Lags Temp rise by about 40 to 60 years...
Since I am not a scientist I must give my conditional support to the prevailing theory. Anything else would be irrational.

However, let's pretend that you are right and that humans are not a significant factor in climate change (I think we are, and I find the evidence compelling, but this if for argument's sake). Do you think it is a good idea to at least reduce/reuse/recycle? All the politics aside, isn't that a concept that makes sense regardless of climate change?

The alternative is increase/throw away/landfill. I know people (at least 2 families, actually) who literally do subscribe to that idea. They go out of their way to increase their garbage *because of politics*.
Hmm

United States

#94620 Feb 4, 2013
My ipinion n the subject would be to offer the class, but leave it as smething that is optional, because if you try to force a belief on someone then not only does it push someone away from it, it also defeats the purpose of the whole belief, because according to it, it is supposed to be for those who desire to do so on their own free will. To force any religion, whether good or bad, is a mistake, but to try to force someone to not have the right to their own belief is just as bad

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#94621 Feb 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
If, for some reason, Topix banned cut and paste, we would never hear from you again, would we?
You are too throughly brain-washed by your cult to think on your own.
Don't you find that disturbing?
You should.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94623 Feb 4, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
How are those cruises thru BVL coming along? If you want to save gas you can just write "Los Católicos no son Cristianos" and "Los Católicos no tienen ni idea" on a sandwich board and picket the Loop Walmart.

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94624 Feb 4, 2013
When students study the bible, they aren't playing video games or watching music videos. Encourage bible study, you might learn something.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94625 Feb 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
When students study the bible, they aren't playing video games or watching music videos. Encourage bible study, you might learn something.
Bible "study" is regression. If you want a 15th century mindset, encourage the study of the Torah, Bible, Koran, Vedas, et al as (the one of your choice is) a factual text.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94626 Feb 4, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Why shouldn't children be able to play and have fun? Just because YOU object to something does not make it bad or wrong.
But yes, reading the bible will teach them that it is OK for girls to have sex with their fathers, that daughters are property to be sold, women are second class people, killing is OK, rape is OK, killing animals for sacrifice is OK, slavery is OK, ETC..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barbourville utilities 57 min Fustrated 5
John w bays 58 min Victim 1
Gary Williams NO MORE FREE COFFEE 1 hr Smart shoppers 5
missing female shit-zu 1 hr concerned owner 1
Barbourville High School 3 hr A Shame 1
chris vandusen jurk or what (May '13) 4 hr Really 9
Jackie Boles (Oct '13) 5 hr Whoever 7
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Fri Anonymous 48
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match