Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,469

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94443 Jan 27, 2013
Top Republican Distances Himself From GOP's Election-Rigging Plan

Former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R) distanced himself from his partyís effort to rig the election by appropriating electoral votes based on gerrymandered Congressional districts, telling MSNBCís Andrea Mitchell on Friday that he opposes the effort.

Republican party leaders in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan have proposed legislation that would change how most electoral votes are allocated, awarding more electoral votes to the winner of individual Congressional districts, rather than the winner of the state as a whole.

Since Republicans plan to implement the proposal in states that are heavily gerrymandered to favor the GOP, the resulting maps would guarantee that Republican candidates would win a majority of each stateís electoral votes, even if the Democratic candidate wins the state as a whole.

A growing number of Republicans have rejected the plan. Barbour has now joined their ranks:

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/...
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94444 Jan 27, 2013
New Mexico Bill Would Imprison Rape Victims Who Receive Abortions

Under HB 206, if a woman ended her pregnancy after being raped, both she and her doctor would be charged with a felony punishable by up to 3 years in state prison.

zipyourlip

London, KY

#94445 Jan 27, 2013
GWB wrote:
Top Republican Distances Himself From GOP's Election-Rigging Plan
Former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R) distanced himself from his partyís effort to rig the election by appropriating electoral votes based on gerrymandered Congressional districts, telling MSNBCís Andrea Mitchell on Friday that he opposes the effort.
Republican party leaders in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan have proposed legislation that would change how most electoral votes are allocated, awarding more electoral votes to the winner of individual Congressional districts, rather than the winner of the state as a whole.
Since Republicans plan to implement the proposal in states that are heavily gerrymandered to favor the GOP, the resulting maps would guarantee that Republican candidates would win a majority of each stateís electoral votes, even if the Democratic candidate wins the state as a whole.
A growing number of Republicans have rejected the plan. Barbour has now joined their ranks:
You have shown us the Republican golden rule...... if you can't win fairly, cheat. aka Bush's 2000 election results.
Boots

Salyersville, KY

#94446 Jan 27, 2013
You want proof? Go learn all of the mathematics you can, learn all of the science you can, and learn to have a vast imagination. After this you'll see how illogical the Bible really is after you read it. I mean come on! Did people who burned and slaughtered each other because of beliefs know more about our universe than what the smartest minds of today know? You can either take the next logical step and search for truth, or you can continue to take evidence from one single book as to why you really exist today. I'm telling you, a lot of the questions many of you seek have been answered but a lot of you deny the evidence. Who is more humble? The people who say you must live your life by this book (Bible) and forget all of the lives and fallacies of it, or the scientists with an open mind who accept everything the universe has to teach them? The same spiritual performing that people find in religion can be found in science, by coming to know, if you will, the mind of God.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94447 Jan 27, 2013
Boots wrote:
You want proof? Go learn all of the mathematics you can, learn all of the science you can, and learn to have a vast imagination. After this you'll see how illogical the Bible really is after you read it. I mean come on! Did people who burned and slaughtered each other because of beliefs know more about our universe than what the smartest minds of today know? You can either take the next logical step and search for truth, or you can continue to take evidence from one single book as to why you really exist today. I'm telling you, a lot of the questions many of you seek have been answered but a lot of you deny the evidence. Who is more humble? The people who say you must live your life by this book (Bible) and forget all of the lives and fallacies of it, or the scientists with an open mind who accept everything the universe has to teach them? The same spiritual performing that people find in religion can be found in science, by coming to know, if you will, the mind of God.
Religious man interviewed by science man.

&fe ature=related
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94448 Jan 27, 2013
Diary of an Unborn Child
OCTOBER 5:
Today my life began. My parents do not know it yet, but it is I already. And I am to be a girl. I shall have blond hair and blue eyes. Just about everything is settled though, even the fact that I shall love flowers.
OCTOBER 19:
Some say that I am not a real person yet, that only my mother exists. But I am a real person, just as a small crumb of bread is yet truly bread. My mother is. And I am.
OCTOBER 23:
My mouth is just beginning to open now. Just think, in a year or so I shall be laughing and later talking. I know what my first word will be: MAMA.
OCTOBER 25:
My heart began to beat today all by itself. From now on it shall gently beat for the rest of my life without ever stopping to rest! And after many years it will tire. It will stop, and then I shall die.
NOVEMBER 2:
I am growing a bit every day. My arms and legs are beginning to take shape. But I have to wait a long time yet before those little legs will raise me to my motherís arms, before these little arms will be able to gather flowers and embrace my father.
NOVEMBER 12:
Tiny fingers are beginning to form on my hands. Funny how small they are! Iíll be able to stroke my motherís hair with them.
NOVEMBER 20:
It wasnít until today that the doctor told mom that I am living here under her heart. Oh, how happy she must be! Are you happy, mom?
NOVEMBER 25:
My mom and dad are probably thinking about a name for me. But they donít even know that I am a little girl. I want to be called Kathy. I am getting so big already.
DECEMBER 10:
My hair is growing. It is smooth and bright and shiny. I wonder what kind of hair mom has?
DECEMBER 13:
I am just about able to see. It is dark around me. When mom brings me into the world it will be full of sunshine and flowers. But what I want more than anything is to see my mom. How do you look, mom?
DECEMBER 24:
I wonder if mom hears the whispering of my heart? Some children come into the world a little sick. But my heart is strong and healthy. It beats so evenly: tup-tup, tup-tup. Youíll have a healthy little daughter, mom!
DECEMBER 28:
Today my mother killed me.
óAnonymous
Mobilehome owner

Somerset, KY

#94449 Jan 28, 2013
http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
Known Fact wrote:
Diary of an Unborn Child
OCTOBER 5:
Today my life began. My parents do not know it yet, but it is I already. And I am to be a girl. I shall have blond hair and blue eyes. Just about everything is settled though, even the fact that I shall love flowers.
OCTOBER 19:
Some say that I am not a real person yet, that only my mother exists. But I am a real person, just as a small crumb of bread is yet truly bread. My mother is. And I am.
OCTOBER 23:
My mouth is just beginning to open now. Just think, in a year or so I shall be laughing and later talking. I know what my first word will be: MAMA.
OCTOBER 25:
My heart began to beat today all by itself. From now on it shall gently beat for the rest of my life without ever stopping to rest! And after many years it will tire. It will stop, and then I shall die.
NOVEMBER 2:
I am growing a bit every day. My arms and legs are beginning to take shape. But I have to wait a long time yet before those little legs will raise me to my motherís arms, before these little arms will be able to gather flowers and embrace my father.
NOVEMBER 12:
Tiny fingers are beginning to form on my hands. Funny how small they are! Iíll be able to stroke my motherís hair with them.
NOVEMBER 20:
It wasnít until today that the doctor told mom that I am living here under her heart. Oh, how happy she must be! Are you happy, mom?
NOVEMBER 25:
My mom and dad are probably thinking about a name for me. But they donít even know that I am a little girl. I want to be called Kathy. I am getting so big already.
DECEMBER 10:
My hair is growing. It is smooth and bright and shiny. I wonder what kind of hair mom has?
DECEMBER 13:
I am just about able to see. It is dark around me. When mom brings me into the world it will be full of sunshine and flowers. But what I want more than anything is to see my mom. How do you look, mom?
DECEMBER 24:
I wonder if mom hears the whispering of my heart? Some children come into the world a little sick. But my heart is strong and healthy. It beats so evenly: tup-tup, tup-tup. Youíll have a healthy little daughter, mom!
DECEMBER 28:
Today my mother killed me.
óAnonymous
Mobilehome owner

Somerset, KY

#94450 Jan 28, 2013

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#94452 Jan 28, 2013
Boots wrote:
The world is flat, illness is caused by unclean spirits, Santa claus is real Santa claus IS real..........

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

#94453 Jan 28, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The world is flat, illness is caused by unclean spirits, Santa claus is real Santa claus IS real..........
Let us not forget that the Universe popped into existence about 7000 years ago and all the dozens of dating methods are wrong because the Dinosaurs had Humans hunting them as they were leaving the Garden of Eden....

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#94457 Jan 28, 2013
I donít know where you are on your path
I have never stood in your shoes
I see not with your eyes.
I know not what your purpose is here
In this stage of your evolution
But I feel blessed to know you
As you are not in my life by chance
And you are my teacher
As I hope you learn from me
I pray I show reverence to you
I pray not to judge you
I wish to let you be
Who you are
Who you dream of being
I will just be beside you
And watch you grow
And the day will come for sure
When we will know why
Our paths crossed this way
And until then my friend
Be who you must be
Good Day all...
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94462 Jan 29, 2013
bob wrote:
Since religion in schools is ok how does Sharia Law and the Koran fit in? I think we should totally do it, just for the people that think religion is ok in public schools.
Sure...
What do you think Kids will learn...
Love your Neighbor, or Blow a school bus up?
Feed the Hungry, or Cut the heads off the people they don't like?
Pray for people to be set free from homosexuality, or
Smash their heads in with concrete blocks?
BIG Difference!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94463 Jan 29, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And Satanic ritual, dont leave us out!
Sure...
That's another one we could teach!
http://www.examiner.com/article/satanic-or-ri...
Thanks for Proving The Bible!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94464 Jan 29, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text>
well since u know he is real why dont u explain the big bang that put god in to existance? or is it one of those things that your god dont need a creator but with out him nothing else would ever have came to be. that just takes it back to either way u look at it one or the other needed a bang to get goin. i think ill side with science cuz atleast they can show u evidence other than its the truth becuz it says its the truth. the circular arguments the religious use are just HAHAHA. the rules u want science to follow are completely suspended for u in order for u to even have a voice in the argument anyway. all i wanna know is why can your god just form himself from nothing? isnt your main argument that something can not come from nothing? so heres your chance to be the next nobel prize winner, explain why your god can do the very thing u say can not be done without the famous cop out, god can do it cuz he is god. if thats all u got go back to grade school and start off cuz your thought process is slower than that of a pre schooler.
I say...
Since God is a Spirit, and lives in that Alternate Universe the scientists try to prove exists... We don't know much about that realm, but do get to know Him while your here, cause we all will be there at our last breath, as a friend, or an enemy of God!
If yer of a mind to, at that time... Do ask Him!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94465 Jan 29, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
And now for a moment of Zen.....
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8...
Nice pic!
Where was that taken?
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94467 Jan 29, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Colin Powell supports Obama, are you suggesting he is a Nazi also? Are all Democrats Nazi supporters in your definition? What you are describing seems to be directed to minorities, old, unemployed and impoverished whites. Country is indeed changing, yet if any dictatorship is instituted it will by pattern after Islam by christofascism. Then republicans will truly will control the Cabal.
A master race of Christians to institute the 1000 year reign of Christ. How to save the Democrats from the coming genocide on the poor and weak by blood thirsty republicans. Neocons seem to always threaten war even with their own countrymen.
"Colin Powell supports Obama, are you suggesting he is a Nazi also?"
No!
He's a Traitor to America just like Osama!
Impeach the Traitor!

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#94468 Jan 29, 2013
Day to all.. Hope everyone is well...

"We can throw stones, complain about them, stumble on them, climb over them, or build with them."

-- William Arthur Ward

How high can we build , because mine is already higher than hopes and fuller than pride...
Really ppl

Pippa Passes, KY

#94470 Jan 29, 2013
God does need put back in school

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94471 Jan 29, 2013
Really ppl wrote:
God does need put back in school
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._sta...

http://www.alec.org/docs/17thReportCard/Kentu...

Try teaching students (including adults) before you advocate indoctrinating them.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#94474 Jan 29, 2013
VERY Interesting Analogy I saw online that completely applies to the topic at hand:

"Elephants are power animals, able to lift logs with their trunks and knock trees over using their heads.

You might think it is strange then to find that elephants are usually kept tethered by their handlers with a length of rope or small chain that they could easily break.

This IS because they have been conditioned. This is accomplished by trainers through the use of a heavy metal chain to tether the elephants while they are still young. The elephants learn during their development that they cannot break the bonds and they associate them with their limits, boundaries, and freedoms. Later, when they are fully grown and are of adult size and strength, they still believe they cannot break that bond and so they never really try.

From then on, only a rope is necessary to keep them from breaking their bonds, freeing themselves, and realizing their true strength. You do realize I am not really talking about elephants at all don't you?"

There is no better analogy to explain why: 1. religion doesn't need to be pushed on children. 2. religion has no place in schools. and 3. fundamentalists are so angry - they covet the freedom and happiness of the untethered.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who will you vote for as jailer 1 hr my name is earl 77
Knox Co.Jail employees idicted 1 hr The Voter 34
looking for a sugar baby 3 hr guy 1
Indictments 7 hr John 23
Allen Messer Dying of Lung Cancer? 7 hr Barbourville Supe... 11
Fall Color in S.E. Kentucky by Q 7 hr Quantummist 1
Sam Watts MUST GO! (Sep '12) 9 hr lol 56
Sheila and Jennifer Brown 18 hr John 3
A Knox County woman is charged with child abuse. 20 hr Curiouswonderer 4
Barbourville Dating