Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
90,361 - 90,380 of 128,587 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
"GWB",
I hope I have answered your two questions on Abortion and Evolution by giving you an answer based on God's Word the Bible.
That said, if you and your church members have voted, you could of have laws made that favor what you believe, but since you did not vote, the out come of the election went to Obama. Would you rather that Mitt had won instead of Obama?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
That said, if you and your church members have voted, you could of have laws made that favor what you believe, but since you did not vote, the out come of the election went to Obama. Would you rather that Mitt had won instead of Obama?
Beavis and Butthead for president and vice president. Rock on dudes. TP in every outhouse, Tiajuana comic books in every classroom.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your are showing your lack of education about the Universe around you... No Everything does Not Break Down... In Earth where wind, rain and assorted processes stuff seems to break down in the very short time frame humans perceive.... But in the Universe Things Self Organize... particles are attracted to other particles via gravitational influences, those more complex groupings of particles from dusts and gases... Those form small rocks and so forth until enough matter is gravitationally compacted that it starts to fuse and a star is born, and nuclear fusion converts its mass into assorted materials it burns it's fuel and collapses tossing ever more complex materials that continue to self assemble Until today...
I'm am always amazed with all the knowledge man has acquired over the millennia that there are still those that never bother to study any of it....
Glenn T. Seaborg (Making Gold)

In 1980, he transmuted several thousand atoms of bismuth into gold at the Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory.[23] His experimental technique, using nuclear physics, was able to remove protons and neutrons from the bismuth atoms. Seaborg's technique would have been far too expensive to enable routine manufacturing of gold, but his work is the closest to the mythical Philosopher's Stone.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_T._Seaborg

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Never part without loving words to think of during your absence. It may be that you will not meet again in this life.
Jean Paul Richter
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Top Republican Distances Himself From GOP's Election-Rigging Plan

Former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R) distanced himself from his partyís effort to rig the election by appropriating electoral votes based on gerrymandered Congressional districts, telling MSNBCís Andrea Mitchell on Friday that he opposes the effort.

Republican party leaders in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan have proposed legislation that would change how most electoral votes are allocated, awarding more electoral votes to the winner of individual Congressional districts, rather than the winner of the state as a whole.

Since Republicans plan to implement the proposal in states that are heavily gerrymandered to favor the GOP, the resulting maps would guarantee that Republican candidates would win a majority of each stateís electoral votes, even if the Democratic candidate wins the state as a whole.

A growing number of Republicans have rejected the plan. Barbour has now joined their ranks:

http://readersupportednews.org/news-section2/...
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

New Mexico Bill Would Imprison Rape Victims Who Receive Abortions

Under HB 206, if a woman ended her pregnancy after being raped, both she and her doctor would be charged with a felony punishable by up to 3 years in state prison.

zipyourlip

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
Top Republican Distances Himself From GOP's Election-Rigging Plan
Former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour (R) distanced himself from his partyís effort to rig the election by appropriating electoral votes based on gerrymandered Congressional districts, telling MSNBCís Andrea Mitchell on Friday that he opposes the effort.
Republican party leaders in Virginia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Michigan have proposed legislation that would change how most electoral votes are allocated, awarding more electoral votes to the winner of individual Congressional districts, rather than the winner of the state as a whole.
Since Republicans plan to implement the proposal in states that are heavily gerrymandered to favor the GOP, the resulting maps would guarantee that Republican candidates would win a majority of each stateís electoral votes, even if the Democratic candidate wins the state as a whole.
A growing number of Republicans have rejected the plan. Barbour has now joined their ranks:
You have shown us the Republican golden rule...... if you can't win fairly, cheat. aka Bush's 2000 election results.
Boots

Salyersville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

You want proof? Go learn all of the mathematics you can, learn all of the science you can, and learn to have a vast imagination. After this you'll see how illogical the Bible really is after you read it. I mean come on! Did people who burned and slaughtered each other because of beliefs know more about our universe than what the smartest minds of today know? You can either take the next logical step and search for truth, or you can continue to take evidence from one single book as to why you really exist today. I'm telling you, a lot of the questions many of you seek have been answered but a lot of you deny the evidence. Who is more humble? The people who say you must live your life by this book (Bible) and forget all of the lives and fallacies of it, or the scientists with an open mind who accept everything the universe has to teach them? The same spiritual performing that people find in religion can be found in science, by coming to know, if you will, the mind of God.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Boots wrote:
You want proof? Go learn all of the mathematics you can, learn all of the science you can, and learn to have a vast imagination. After this you'll see how illogical the Bible really is after you read it. I mean come on! Did people who burned and slaughtered each other because of beliefs know more about our universe than what the smartest minds of today know? You can either take the next logical step and search for truth, or you can continue to take evidence from one single book as to why you really exist today. I'm telling you, a lot of the questions many of you seek have been answered but a lot of you deny the evidence. Who is more humble? The people who say you must live your life by this book (Bible) and forget all of the lives and fallacies of it, or the scientists with an open mind who accept everything the universe has to teach them? The same spiritual performing that people find in religion can be found in science, by coming to know, if you will, the mind of God.
Religious man interviewed by science man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Judged:

Diary of an Unborn Child
OCTOBER 5:
Today my life began. My parents do not know it yet, but it is I already. And I am to be a girl. I shall have blond hair and blue eyes. Just about everything is settled though, even the fact that I shall love flowers.
OCTOBER 19:
Some say that I am not a real person yet, that only my mother exists. But I am a real person, just as a small crumb of bread is yet truly bread. My mother is. And I am.
OCTOBER 23:
My mouth is just beginning to open now. Just think, in a year or so I shall be laughing and later talking. I know what my first word will be: MAMA.
OCTOBER 25:
My heart began to beat today all by itself. From now on it shall gently beat for the rest of my life without ever stopping to rest! And after many years it will tire. It will stop, and then I shall die.
NOVEMBER 2:
I am growing a bit every day. My arms and legs are beginning to take shape. But I have to wait a long time yet before those little legs will raise me to my motherís arms, before these little arms will be able to gather flowers and embrace my father.
NOVEMBER 12:
Tiny fingers are beginning to form on my hands. Funny how small they are! Iíll be able to stroke my motherís hair with them.
NOVEMBER 20:
It wasnít until today that the doctor told mom that I am living here under her heart. Oh, how happy she must be! Are you happy, mom?
NOVEMBER 25:
My mom and dad are probably thinking about a name for me. But they donít even know that I am a little girl. I want to be called Kathy. I am getting so big already.
DECEMBER 10:
My hair is growing. It is smooth and bright and shiny. I wonder what kind of hair mom has?
DECEMBER 13:
I am just about able to see. It is dark around me. When mom brings me into the world it will be full of sunshine and flowers. But what I want more than anything is to see my mom. How do you look, mom?
DECEMBER 24:
I wonder if mom hears the whispering of my heart? Some children come into the world a little sick. But my heart is strong and healthy. It beats so evenly: tup-tup, tup-tup. Youíll have a healthy little daughter, mom!
DECEMBER 28:
Today my mother killed me.
óAnonymous
Mobilehome owner

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

http://www.mcafee.cc/Bin/sb.html
Known Fact wrote:
Diary of an Unborn Child
OCTOBER 5:
Today my life began. My parents do not know it yet, but it is I already. And I am to be a girl. I shall have blond hair and blue eyes. Just about everything is settled though, even the fact that I shall love flowers.
OCTOBER 19:
Some say that I am not a real person yet, that only my mother exists. But I am a real person, just as a small crumb of bread is yet truly bread. My mother is. And I am.
OCTOBER 23:
My mouth is just beginning to open now. Just think, in a year or so I shall be laughing and later talking. I know what my first word will be: MAMA.
OCTOBER 25:
My heart began to beat today all by itself. From now on it shall gently beat for the rest of my life without ever stopping to rest! And after many years it will tire. It will stop, and then I shall die.
NOVEMBER 2:
I am growing a bit every day. My arms and legs are beginning to take shape. But I have to wait a long time yet before those little legs will raise me to my motherís arms, before these little arms will be able to gather flowers and embrace my father.
NOVEMBER 12:
Tiny fingers are beginning to form on my hands. Funny how small they are! Iíll be able to stroke my motherís hair with them.
NOVEMBER 20:
It wasnít until today that the doctor told mom that I am living here under her heart. Oh, how happy she must be! Are you happy, mom?
NOVEMBER 25:
My mom and dad are probably thinking about a name for me. But they donít even know that I am a little girl. I want to be called Kathy. I am getting so big already.
DECEMBER 10:
My hair is growing. It is smooth and bright and shiny. I wonder what kind of hair mom has?
DECEMBER 13:
I am just about able to see. It is dark around me. When mom brings me into the world it will be full of sunshine and flowers. But what I want more than anything is to see my mom. How do you look, mom?
DECEMBER 24:
I wonder if mom hears the whispering of my heart? Some children come into the world a little sick. But my heart is strong and healthy. It beats so evenly: tup-tup, tup-tup. Youíll have a healthy little daughter, mom!
DECEMBER 28:
Today my mother killed me.
óAnonymous
Mobilehome owner

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Boots wrote:
The world is flat, illness is caused by unclean spirits, Santa claus is real Santa claus IS real..........

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>The world is flat, illness is caused by unclean spirits, Santa claus is real Santa claus IS real..........
Let us not forget that the Universe popped into existence about 7000 years ago and all the dozens of dating methods are wrong because the Dinosaurs had Humans hunting them as they were leaving the Garden of Eden....

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2013

Judged:

I donít know where you are on your path
I have never stood in your shoes
I see not with your eyes.
I know not what your purpose is here
In this stage of your evolution
But I feel blessed to know you
As you are not in my life by chance
And you are my teacher
As I hope you learn from me
I pray I show reverence to you
I pray not to judge you
I wish to let you be
Who you are
Who you dream of being
I will just be beside you
And watch you grow
And the day will come for sure
When we will know why
Our paths crossed this way
And until then my friend
Be who you must be
Good Day all...
How stupid can you be

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

bob wrote:
Since religion in schools is ok how does Sharia Law and the Koran fit in? I think we should totally do it, just for the people that think religion is ok in public schools.
Sure...
What do you think Kids will learn...
Love your Neighbor, or Blow a school bus up?
Feed the Hungry, or Cut the heads off the people they don't like?
Pray for people to be set free from homosexuality, or
Smash their heads in with concrete blocks?
BIG Difference!
How stupid can you be

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>And Satanic ritual, dont leave us out!
Sure...
That's another one we could teach!
http://www.examiner.com/article/satanic-or-ri...
Thanks for Proving The Bible!
How stupid can you be

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

question wrote:
<quoted text>
well since u know he is real why dont u explain the big bang that put god in to existance? or is it one of those things that your god dont need a creator but with out him nothing else would ever have came to be. that just takes it back to either way u look at it one or the other needed a bang to get goin. i think ill side with science cuz atleast they can show u evidence other than its the truth becuz it says its the truth. the circular arguments the religious use are just HAHAHA. the rules u want science to follow are completely suspended for u in order for u to even have a voice in the argument anyway. all i wanna know is why can your god just form himself from nothing? isnt your main argument that something can not come from nothing? so heres your chance to be the next nobel prize winner, explain why your god can do the very thing u say can not be done without the famous cop out, god can do it cuz he is god. if thats all u got go back to grade school and start off cuz your thought process is slower than that of a pre schooler.
I say...
Since God is a Spirit, and lives in that Alternate Universe the scientists try to prove exists... We don't know much about that realm, but do get to know Him while your here, cause we all will be there at our last breath, as a friend, or an enemy of God!
If yer of a mind to, at that time... Do ask Him!
How stupid can you be

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
And now for a moment of Zen.....
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/original/8...
Nice pic!
Where was that taken?
How stupid can you be

Paris, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Colin Powell supports Obama, are you suggesting he is a Nazi also? Are all Democrats Nazi supporters in your definition? What you are describing seems to be directed to minorities, old, unemployed and impoverished whites. Country is indeed changing, yet if any dictatorship is instituted it will by pattern after Islam by christofascism. Then republicans will truly will control the Cabal.
A master race of Christians to institute the 1000 year reign of Christ. How to save the Democrats from the coming genocide on the poor and weak by blood thirsty republicans. Neocons seem to always threaten war even with their own countrymen.
"Colin Powell supports Obama, are you suggesting he is a Nazi also?"
No!
He's a Traitor to America just like Osama!
Impeach the Traitor!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

72 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Maryann Smith and Thomas (Oct '12) 3 min Resisedent 45
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min DemocRATS 146,158
Stivers Center fixes 6 min Big rig 71 25
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 21 min i be dat nikka 81,567
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 36 min Amen 16,115
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 39 min Teacher 1,012
What happened at the dollor store in flat lick ... 41 min yeah 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search