Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 131,920

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

#94541 Feb 2, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>While the burden of proof is on the claimant, there is ample proof that the christian cult was made up in the third century CE.
The christian cult rides piggy back on the Jewish beliefs, except they have made a "new" god, one that is loving and forgiving rather than the hate filled violent god of the Jewish people. The new christian religion picks and chooses from the old jewish religion, taking that which justifies themselves and ignoring the inconvenient parts.
The fact that the christian cult can claim some parts of the religion they piggy back on and disclaim other parts is evident that the whole christian cult was fabricated.
You're living proof the Bible is correct, and true!
Not that I need any proof from you, as God showed up, and Saved me!
If Satan didn't exist, you wouldn't be on here posting yer ignorant stuff... Think about it!
Thanks again!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94542 Feb 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your are showing your lack of education about the Universe around you... No Everything does Not Break Down... In Earth where wind, rain and assorted processes stuff seems to break down in the very short time frame humans perceive.... But in the Universe Things Self Organize... particles are attracted to other particles via gravitational influences, those more complex groupings of particles from dusts and gases... Those form small rocks and so forth until enough matter is gravitationally compacted that it starts to fuse and a star is born, and nuclear fusion converts its mass into assorted materials it burns it's fuel and collapses tossing ever more complex materials that continue to self assemble Until today...
I'm am always amazed with all the knowledge man has acquired over the millennia that there are still those that never bother to study any of it....
I study a lot of it...
I know Information does NOT come from non-intelligent material, life does not come from Non-life!
The odds of the building blocks of protines coming together to form one piece of DNA is an astronomical improbability!
It seems funny how your bias against a creator blinds you from many facts like that!
Maybe some Paint molecules will gather to cover yer house...
When that happens... do let us know!
I will always stick to what I "Know" to be the truth...
He saved me, and proved to me (and many many others) to be real!
May the Lord bless you with Real wisdom!
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94543 Feb 2, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us not forget that the Universe popped into existence about 7000 years ago and all the dozens of dating methods are wrong because the Dinosaurs had Humans hunting them as they were leaving the Garden of Eden....
That's another point!
You've seen the Ica stones? Right?
You deny them????
Cave drawings???
How about ALL yer samples being contaminated by a
GLOBAL Flood????
Yer Bias is showing!
Ye of lil Understanding

Stanton, KY

#94544 Feb 2, 2013
Apple At Cha wrote:
VERY Interesting Analogy I saw online that completely applies to the topic at hand:
"Elephants are power animals, able to lift logs with their trunks and knock trees over using their heads.
You might think it is strange then to find that elephants are usually kept tethered by their handlers with a length of rope or small chain that they could easily break.
This IS because they have been conditioned. This is accomplished by trainers through the use of a heavy metal chain to tether the elephants while they are still young. The elephants learn during their development that they cannot break the bonds and they associate them with their limits, boundaries, and freedoms. Later, when they are fully grown and are of adult size and strength, they still believe they cannot break that bond and so they never really try.
From then on, only a rope is necessary to keep them from breaking their bonds, freeing themselves, and realizing their true strength. You do realize I am not really talking about elephants at all don't you?"
There is no better analogy to explain why: 1. religion doesn't need to be pushed on children. 2. religion has no place in schools. and 3. fundamentalists are so angry - they covet the freedom and happiness of the untethered.
1 There is a difference between realtionship, and religion!
2 God has a place in Every life!
3 Not angry... sad!
Here is who's angry!
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/despite-what-t...
My first belief in God, and Jesus... didn't tether me, as I (I) Still did wrong, and Went my own way!
He did save me from the Evil I was in to, and He can save you too!
Amen!
so true

Morgantown, KY

#94545 Feb 2, 2013
Good Day , all... As the say

Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.

Buddha
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94546 Feb 2, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
The democrats are setting up their next win in 2016, so suck it up.
By the way, thanks to fox-news, tea-baggers, right-wing religious fanatics,conspiracy theorist and YAA to show their racist and hate for women's rights, gays, minorities, elderly, retirees and poor to have help solidify Obama win in 2012.
S&P is up, Dow is close to breaking 15k, Oil production in America is increasing. Bin Laden is dead ,war now winding down for America. Thanks to obama. Singing Oh happy days!!!
"racist and hate for women's rights, gays, minorities, elderly, retirees and poor"
What a CROCK!
http://www.opposingviews.com/i/despite-what-t...
BTW....
My thanks to all liberal atheists for hooking me up with Fox News...
I can see why you guys hate it... It tells the Truth about you!
Wrong again Sparky

Stanton, KY

#94547 Feb 2, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I teach Satanism everywhere that people are not sheep
Hahahahahaha!
Better to be a sheep, than a Goat!
Everyone serves something....
You serve Evil, we serve God!
Yer last breath... you will learn that you served the WRONG side!
Pray for wisdom!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94548 Feb 2, 2013
question wrote:
<quoted text>
u really are gonna make up a whole separate universe just to give your god any kind of credibility at all. first off show some proof of this other universe or u are doin nothing more than making stuff up, but then again all religions are made up with no proof so i can understand how u think this argument of yours is valid but in the real world it is just a way to get out of answering the question at hand. the only way u can even try to show the existance is to make up things that cant even be tested by science. so lets go from start to end...god has gone from being right up in the clouds and as we build things that prove there is nothing there we keep on movin him farther and farther out away from earth until we are now at a point u have made him a whole separate universe. i have to laugh at this ignorance cuz god punished ppl for buidin a tower to heaven so they could see heaven but yet we have sent rovers out to other planets where no tower could ever be built to but guess what, no heaven to be found. do u see just how retarded the whole thing is by simple logic yet or are u to far indoctrinated to see reality?
"u really are gonna make up a whole separate universe"
NO... not at all!
The Bible Clearly states God is a Spirit...
You/we ALL have a Spirit, do you not know/feel it?
God is real, He pulled me out of drugs, and perversion, and
He protected me from death, and rebuilt the family I let satan destroy!
You will not find Heaven through a telescope...
Only through Jesus!
He proved Himself to me, and He will do the same for you!
Just ask!
christianmorals

Elkhorn City, KY

#94549 Feb 2, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
That is false information! First Jehovah's Witnesses do not debate! We know the end is near but the scriptures plainly says no one knows the day or the hour....only the Father knows!
If you are bound to post misleading information at least try to make it believable!
TIME OF THE END
An expression found six times in the book of Daniel. It refers to a time period marking the conclusion of a system of things and culminating in its destruction. The prophet Daniel was given a preview of events to occur in the distant future. Thereafter he was told:“And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of the end. Many will rove about, and the true knowledge will become abundant.”—Da 12:4.
research your religions past and how many predictions they have made about the end and notice how many times they have failed. the end comes when the real sun decides, not some wanna be "son". my mom is a jehovas witness so i do know all about the religion first hand so im not just puttin it down cuz of the stigma placed on them for goin door to door. but just like the rest, the cult of yours is wrong also.
christianmorals

Elkhorn City, KY

#94550 Feb 2, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>"u really are gonna make up a whole separate universe"
NO... not at all!
The Bible Clearly states God is a Spirit...
You/we ALL have a Spirit, do you not know/feel it?
God is real, He pulled me out of drugs, and perversion, and
He protected me from death, and rebuilt the family I let satan destroy!
You will not find Heaven through a telescope...
Only through Jesus!
He proved Himself to me, and He will do the same for you!
Just ask!
the spirit huh? and just where is any proof of any spirit at? u cant just say something is real cuz u want it to be real. thats not how proof and arguments work. they require evidence and reasoning. when u show us this spiritual universe of yours then u can collect your noble peace prize and be the real savior of man.
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94551 Feb 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the distinct impression that if your fanciful life after death scenario plays out, Jesus is going to say "I sent you a thousand people with the truth, but would you listen? NOoooo! You had to glom onto that pulp fiction Constantine published."
You might want to do some research... I don't read the catholic bible (except for comparison), and the gnostic gospels are goofy!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94552 Feb 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian or Muslim, Catholic or Protestant, Sunni or Shiite, Mosaic or Sharia law...
It isn't the atheists and agnostics who kill by the names and desires of the gods.
Whatever you want to believe...
Jesus said to Love God,
Love your neighbor, and
Love yer enemies...
Not a whole bunch of killing in them thar words!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94553 Feb 2, 2013
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>That's another point!
You've seen the Ica stones? Right?
You deny them????
Cave drawings???
How about ALL yer samples being contaminated by a
GLOBAL Flood????
Yer Bias is showing!
Global Flood? Ica stones? Really? You offer hoaxes and then you claim other people's "bias is showing?"
Assuming Noah started near Eden (which in itself is not far fetched) the flood waters would have had to reach a modest depth of 10,000 feet to cover the local mountains by 15 cubits and the ark would then have to float 700 miles north against the current established by the terrain to reach Mount Ararat.
The static rainfall (even with contributions of "founts of the deep") would have to have been over 10 feet of water PER HOUR.
Where is there any geologic evidence, either global or even local to Khuzestan for such an occurrence? NOWHERE. BECAUSE IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94554 Feb 2, 2013
truth wrote:
honestly the only difference between christians and muslims is that muslims follow the rules of God and Christians say screw God himself, we will take our chances that his "son" can get us in even tho we didnt do what he commanded us to do. even jesus said the law wouldnt change but the church changed it real quick in jesus' name.
"muslims follow the rules of God"?
REALY?
NO! they follow Mohammud!
A murdering pedifile....
They even switched the story of Abraham, and Isacc on the mountain to Abraham, and Ishmael...
They need to ask themselves...
IF we have the Same God of Abraham...
Why would God/Allah
teach His Love to one people, and Hate, and Murder
to the other people???
No... satan got to Mohammud, and terrorists hyjacked Islam!
Oh oh.... Now I'll have a muslim cut off my head!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94555 Feb 2, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>You might want to do some research... I don't read the catholic bible (except for comparison), and the gnostic gospels are goofy!
Which came first - the chicken or the egg? DNA. The DNA of your Bible is identical to the DNA of the Bible canonized by Constantine's bishops. The Catholic Bible is a black and tan and yours is a brindle - still the exact same breed of dog except that the Catholic's is the original.
How do you find the gnostic gospels "goofy" compared to any of the others?
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94556 Feb 2, 2013
Well, I've cought up for now...
Going to eat some breakfast, thank God
for my family, and food, Heat, everything He restored to me!
Thank you Lord!
You all have a great day... Keep warm, and safe!

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#94557 Feb 2, 2013
Commander Bunny wrote:
Huh.
It is just another christian with nothing to say, and "Huh" sums up the content of their posts. Well done.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94558 Feb 2, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Which came first - the chicken or the egg? DNA. The DNA of your Bible is identical to the DNA of the Bible canonized by Constantine's bishops. The Catholic Bible is a black and tan and yours is a brindle - still the exact same breed of dog except that the Catholic's is the original.
How do you find the gnostic gospels "goofy" compared to any of the others?
That would be "freedom of religion" as long as it is the christian religion. Funny how the christians say "freedom of religion" and will not accept any others belief or non-belief. As the religies say hypocrites, one and all.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94559 Feb 2, 2013
The kkk another religie hate group. All one has to do is look at the burning of the cross and the use of it as a symbol of religie fellowship. It was lit during meetings and was blessed with religie prayer, the kkk would sing religie hymns at their meetings, and had a great dislike of the founding religies just like that other religie hate group the nazis. We actually have one of the religie nazi group members on this thread, and the religies embrace the hate rhetoric. And of course the religie boyscout pedefile club, another group of sick religies. Lmao, freedom of religion, freedom to hate, would be a better religie amendment.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94560 Feb 2, 2013
Good post Brownsville.

"Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books."

I agree.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 1 hr briar 15
judy basinger (Jul '09) 1 hr roaddog 74 18
who's the best lay from the creek 2 hr tinsel 7
Bastards 2 hr Dummies 1
Brett 3 hr Obvious 6
dinky phipps 3 hr Yep 4
VCR tapes to DVD tapes 7 hr Jackie 1
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 16 hr Lisa 185
To the Garland family 16 hr jack 7
Barbourville Dating