Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,120

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#94471 Jan 29, 2013
Really ppl wrote:
God does need put back in school
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._sta...

http://www.alec.org/docs/17thReportCard/Kentu...

Try teaching students (including adults) before you advocate indoctrinating them.

“There's more than one religion”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#94474 Jan 29, 2013
VERY Interesting Analogy I saw online that completely applies to the topic at hand:

"Elephants are power animals, able to lift logs with their trunks and knock trees over using their heads.

You might think it is strange then to find that elephants are usually kept tethered by their handlers with a length of rope or small chain that they could easily break.

This IS because they have been conditioned. This is accomplished by trainers through the use of a heavy metal chain to tether the elephants while they are still young. The elephants learn during their development that they cannot break the bonds and they associate them with their limits, boundaries, and freedoms. Later, when they are fully grown and are of adult size and strength, they still believe they cannot break that bond and so they never really try.

From then on, only a rope is necessary to keep them from breaking their bonds, freeing themselves, and realizing their true strength. You do realize I am not really talking about elephants at all don't you?"

There is no better analogy to explain why: 1. religion doesn't need to be pushed on children. 2. religion has no place in schools. and 3. fundamentalists are so angry - they covet the freedom and happiness of the untethered.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94475 Jan 29, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>"Colin Powell supports Obama, are you suggesting he is a Nazi also?"
No!
He's a Traitor to America just like Osama!
Impeach the Traitor!
The democrats are setting up their next win in 2016, so suck it up.
By the way, thanks to fox-news, tea-baggers, right-wing religious fanatics,conspiracy theorist and YAA to show their racist and hate for women's rights, gays, minorities, elderly, retirees and poor to have help solidify Obama win in 2012.

S&P is up, Dow is close to breaking 15k, Oil production in America is increasing. Bin Laden is dead ,war now winding down for America. Thanks to obama. Singing Oh happy days!!!

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#94477 Jan 29, 2013
Don't hide your light under a pale; teach bible study anywhere people will learn.

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94480 Jan 29, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Don't hide your light under a pale; teach bible study anywhere people will learn.
I teach Satanism everywhere that people are not sheep

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94481 Jan 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
You might start with David Keene

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#94490 Jan 30, 2013
Brian_G wrote:
Under a pale what?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#94491 Jan 30, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Under a pale what?
Under a pale bail of straw Witch inna bush dudette. Dudette if it's a candle light it will burn that stuff up. Some folks just can't figure out anything for themselves.
question

Elkhorn City, KY

#94492 Jan 30, 2013
<quoted text>I say...
Since God is a Spirit, and lives in that Alternate Universe the scientists try to prove exists... We don't know much about that realm, but do get to know Him while your here, cause we all will be there at our last breath, as a friend, or an enemy of God!
If yer of a mind to, at that time... Do ask Him!
u really are gonna make up a whole separate universe just to give your god any kind of credibility at all. first off show some proof of this other universe or u are doin nothing more than making stuff up, but then again all religions are made up with no proof so i can understand how u think this argument of yours is valid but in the real world it is just a way to get out of answering the question at hand. the only way u can even try to show the existance is to make up things that cant even be tested by science. so lets go from start to end...god has gone from being right up in the clouds and as we build things that prove there is nothing there we keep on movin him farther and farther out away from earth until we are now at a point u have made him a whole separate universe. i have to laugh at this ignorance cuz god punished ppl for buidin a tower to heaven so they could see heaven but yet we have sent rovers out to other planets where no tower could ever be built to but guess what, no heaven to be found. do u see just how retarded the whole thing is by simple logic yet or are u to far indoctrinated to see reality?
Yes and Amen

Stanton, KY

#94494 Jan 31, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? In a time when government can and has allowed Fraud, Theft and transfer of 1000's of fire arms into the hands of drug cartels, at a period of History where corruption rules the day in many segments of local, state and national venues you ask "How can officials knowingly allow fraud and yet not be held accountable to a court of law if proof exists as you say?" I guess my posts over time about science and the concept of what Constitutes Proof versus Evidence must have slipped by you.... Here I do it one more time... Now Pay Attention...;)...
The term Proof/Proven is Subjective... One person or Group of people can see 2000 individual pieces of evidence and conclude a claim is Not Proven... One person or a Group of people can see 1 Piece , 1 shred of Evidence and conclude that what is claimed is Proven...
I see through a scientific eye and when I see 120% of registered voters vote for a candidate, or 52 districts voting 100% for a candidate.... I tend to view that as Evidence of Fraud... When I see a candidate win by say 400 votes and later I see documentation that there were 500 Convicted Felons who voted for that candidate I consider that Evidence of Fraud... When I add that Evidence with NGO's that have had over 20 individuals convicted of voter fraud, and then that NGO banned from receiving funding due to fraud allegations.... That bolsters my view that the Evidence of other Frauds are Valid....
Now when I see Federal Law Enforcement member getting transferred to better jobs and none of them being held to account after allowing the transfer of 1000's of firearms into the hands of drug cartels then some of those firearms killing 1000's of Mexican nationals and at least 4 US agents and citizens I tend to loose some faith in those Federal Law Enforcement Agencies ability to investigate Politically Motivated Fraud... When I have seen several of those FLEA's not arrest an Individual when he was in the open and wait until he was home with a 100 other people there before ordering the compound to be stormed and it ending in over 80 dead men, women and children I tend to not give them the benefit of the doubt in all cases....
I could go on and on, give links to many, many examples where the Government, under Both Parties, have side step even attempting to investigate much less prosecute it's own people misdeeds but spending a bit of time on other informational resources than MSNBC, though I would never tell you not to watch their versions of truths, you may find that over a long History Our Government has allowed Fraud to go unchecked....
Great post!
I believe our Govenment should strive to be Above Board at ALL Times!
Something to Look, and Live UP to!
Now... that's delusional! LOL
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94495 Jan 31, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Really? You long for the end of the world? What a sick loser you are.
Please tell us when the end will come, because in the last hundred years it has been claimed to be coming hundreds of times
Yes!
All Un-Righteouness will be Gone, and a New Earth in it's place!
No more wars, sickness, hunger, or satanists!
Thank You Jesus... Amen!
(You still have time to change sides... IF it's in your heart!)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94497 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>Yes!
All Un-Righteouness will be Gone, and a New Earth in it's place!
No more wars, sickness, hunger, or satanists!
Thank You Jesus... Amen!
(You still have time to change sides... IF it's in your heart!)
I have the distinct impression that if your fanciful life after death scenario plays out, Jesus is going to say "I sent you a thousand people with the truth, but would you listen? NOoooo! You had to glom onto that pulp fiction Constantine published."

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94498 Jan 31, 2013
<quoted text>Sure...
What do you think Kids will learn...
Love your Neighbor, or Blow a school bus up?
Feed the Hungry, or Cut the heads off the people they don't like?
Pray for people to be set free from homosexuality, or
Smash their heads in with concrete blocks?
BIG Difference!
Christian or Muslim, Catholic or Protestant, Sunni or Shiite, Mosaic or Sharia law...
It isn't the atheists and agnostics who kill by the names and desires of the gods.
truth

Elkhorn City, KY

#94499 Jan 31, 2013
honestly the only difference between christians and muslims is that muslims follow the rules of God and Christians say screw God himself, we will take our chances that his "son" can get us in even tho we didnt do what he commanded us to do. even jesus said the law wouldnt change but the church changed it real quick in jesus' name.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#94500 Jan 31, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian or Muslim, Catholic or Protestant, Sunni or Shiite, Mosaic or Sharia law...
It isn't the atheists and agnostics who kill by the names and desires of the gods.
Hello ChromiuMan,
Good post, there will be a lot of linda blair impersonations when the religies read your comment.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94501 Jan 31, 2013
Apple At Cha wrote:
VERY Interesting Analogy I saw online that completely applies to the topic at hand:
"Elephants are power animals, able to lift logs with their trunks and knock trees over using their heads.
You might think it is strange then to find that elephants are usually kept tethered by their handlers with a length of rope or small chain that they could easily break.
This IS because they have been conditioned. This is accomplished by trainers through the use of a heavy metal chain to tether the elephants while they are still young. The elephants learn during their development that they cannot break the bonds and they associate them with their limits, boundaries, and freedoms. Later, when they are fully grown and are of adult size and strength, they still believe they cannot break that bond and so they never really try.
From then on, only a rope is necessary to keep them from breaking their bonds, freeing themselves, and realizing their true strength. You do realize I am not really talking about elephants at all don't you?"
There is no better analogy to explain why: 1. religion doesn't need to be pushed on children. 2. religion has no place in schools. and 3. fundamentalists are so angry - they covet the freedom and happiness of the untethered.
They(religies) won't understand the connection, good post.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94502 Jan 31, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I teach Satanism everywhere that people are not sheep
Hi Priest,
I see you are telling the truth, the religies judged it to be true as one religie said in an earlier post.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94503 Jan 31, 2013
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Under a pale what?
Hi Witch,
Hope you are doing well. Greek wrestling, maybe.

“There is no god.”

USA

#94504 Jan 31, 2013
Lmao, true, true, true and true.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#94505 Jan 31, 2013
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello ChromiuMan,
Good post, there will be a lot of linda blair impersonations when the religies read your comment.
YaA doesn't want to recognize that it was 2 denominations of Christians who were killing each others' schoolkids in Northern Ireland for the last 400 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 2 min Jim 223
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 3 min citizen 6
How many kindergarten teachers at Lay? 5 min Parent 18
fire station or not 7 min Community member 7
To the Garland family 11 min Friend of family 9
truck payments 13 min buyer 22
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 14 min Lexington ky 4
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 30 min dad 52
dinky phipps 35 min friend 15
Barbourville Dating