Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
90,241 - 90,260 of 130,225 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Many more civilians and troops were killed under Bush and Reagan watch. I think that any type of dictatorship would be religious in nature.
As Clinton said about the 4 dead Americans in Bengazi... "At this point what does it matter"

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

The teaching of ANY faith belongs in the chosen houses of that particular faith. It does NOT belong in the public school sytems of this country that all nationalities pay taxes for. If you want your children to have additional teaching in faith, spend your own money and send them to private schools.
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Why can I call Evolution a religion is because it takes a lot more faith to believe than it does to believe creation.
Just the other day I saw two guys walking down the sidewalk in their nice suits carrying attache cases handing out flyers and welcoming neighbors to their church to teach scientific theory of evolution 101. No one was required to pay anything! When the course series was over and they graduated they were offered free debaptismal certificates showing they have left their pagan,mythical, unscientific, illogical based religions. Now they also can spread the good news about science and how we are now free of the fear of hell-fire and eternal torment.

Glory!!........
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
As Clinton said about the 4 dead Americans in Bengazi... "At this point what does it matter"
Yes, I can see how we will be hearing that quote on fox-news every day for the next 4 years.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I can see how we will be hearing that quote on fox-news every day for the next 4 years.
Along with "Peace in Our Time" can't forget that Gem....
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Along with "Peace in Our Time" can't forget that Gem....
Also,
George Bush brought to the White House a dedication to traditional American values and a determination to direct them toward making the United States "a kinder and gentler nation."
ok sam

Hamlin, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

no prob

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Also,
George Bush brought to the White House a dedication to traditional American values and a determination to direct them toward making the United States "a kinder and gentler nation."
You do know that Bush is not in political office now don't ya?
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that Bush is not in political office now don't ya?
"At this point what does it matter"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
"At this point what does it matter"
Correct... the same does not apply to office holders at the time they hold office...
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct... the same does not apply to office holders at the time they hold office...
And for at least another 12 years.
GWB

Roseville, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Ted Nugent Threatens Barack Obama

"If Barack Obama becomes the president in November, again, I will be either be dead or in jail by this time next year."

He also recommends decapitating Democrats: "We need to ride onto that battlefield and chop their heads off in November."

Reckless talk from a draft dodger.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2...
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Grey Boxer wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm saying teach facts in school, not faith. Sorry but the Evolution theory makes way more sense than the talking snake theory.
Snakes don't talk but Satan can make it seem so. see Revelation 12:9.

The Evolution theory (wild guess) makes no sense at all that something can come from absolutely nothing or some big bang theory. What blew up and what caused it to blow up? Two good questions would you care to answer them.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
The Evolution theory (wild guess) makes no sense at all that something can come from absolutely nothing or some big bang theory. What blew up and what caused it to blow up? Two good questions would you care to answer them.
Big Bang Theory has Absolutely nothing to do with evolutionary theory... They have been answered at a minimum of 20 or 30 times in this thread alone... The problem is the lack of knowledge of the subject matter on even a basic level be so many...

Start with Big Bang... Nothing Blew up, no one has ever said , that actually knew what they were talking about, anything blew up... I suggest you study the basic concepts of quantum mechanics to understand how the theory is derived and the COBI data on matter expansion as observed..

No one has ever said , that actually knew what they were talking about, that evolution started from nothing... It Started After the first two particles self assembled into a more complex particle some 13 to 20 Billion years ago... A basic course in fundamental particle would get you on the right track...

All of that being said the term Theory needs to be understood and it means that there is Evidence that can be reproduced and experimentally validated to give such theory merit... Understanding that as new Evidence is found theory will change to fit the Evidence...

The Basic Theory of evolution is sound even thought I find some of it's specifics concerning hominids to be questionable...

The Basic Theory of the Big Bang is sound even thought I some of it's specifics concerning causation to be questionable...

But I find Believing in a all powerful, magical, invisible being from another dimension that impregnated a earth woman so her son could pass along his need for obedience or you get tossed into a extra dimensional hot place and needed Humans to write down his words in a book instead of just letting it be known through his all powerful magical powers to be in a word, Goofy....
huh

Minonk, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 23, 2013

What

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Only picture I've seen you use is ankle biter with cowboy hat & glasses. Never noticed it had gone missing and haven't seen it anywhere else. I'll let ya know if I do.
Thanks man. Yep that's my stuff Santa Claus brought me Christmas of 2008. He brought me a matchin' holsters and cap pistols with the hat. I think the welfare folks brought my stuff but I never let on that I knew.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan is a ventriloquist, ToE makes less sense than magic, you defer to the prophesies of an exiled mystic who had no credentials and has had zero confirmed results and you expect a cause before the beginning of time.

Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Big Bang Theory has Absolutely nothing to do with evolutionary theory... They have been answered at a minimum of 20 or 30 times in this thread alone... The problem is the lack of knowledge of the subject matter on even a basic level be so many...
Start with Big Bang... Nothing Blew up, no one has ever said , that actually knew what they were talking about, anything blew up... I suggest you study the basic concepts of quantum mechanics to understand how the theory is derived and the COBI data on matter expansion as observed..
No one has ever said , that actually knew what they were talking about, that evolution started from nothing... It Started After the first two particles self assembled into a more complex particle some 13 to 20 Billion years ago... A basic course in fundamental particle would get you on the right track...
All of that being said the term Theory needs to be understood and it means that there is Evidence that can be reproduced and experimentally validated to give such theory merit... Understanding that as new Evidence is found theory will change to fit the Evidence...
The Basic Theory of evolution is sound even thought I find some of it's specifics concerning hominids to be questionable...
The Basic Theory of the Big Bang is sound even thought I some of it's specifics concerning causation to be questionable...
But I find Believing in a all powerful, magical, invisible being from another dimension that impregnated a earth woman so her son could pass along his need for obedience or you get tossed into a extra dimensional hot place and needed Humans to write down his words in a book instead of just letting it be known through his all powerful magical powers to be in a word, Goofy....
Nothing you said makes any sense and absolutely nothing to back your statements. 13 TO 20 billion years ago....You've got to be kidding! Unless you or at least someone was around to witness that how can you be sure it happened? And those two particles you made reference to...where did they come from?

“There is no god”

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Like making history into gossip; at least the Catholics and Christians face their history. Like hospitals, universities and worship centers; what have you done?
Science has done more in the past ten years for people than your evil cult has done in 2000 years.
WE built the hospitals and universities (and our places of worship) Your cult is against information, knowledge, and science (medical science)
Why do you need Doctors, you can just PRAY your illness away

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 24, 2013

Judged:

THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool Dude, but which one was Satan Daddy? Couldn't figure out which one had his arm up the other ones butt. Kinky man, kinky.
According to the story, God was the one telling Adam, "Sit! Stay! Good boy!" and Satan Daddy was the one saying, "Think! Learn! Make something of yourselves!"

The arm up the butt was on Larry the Cable Guy's "Only in America" - something about artificial insemination and the virgin Elsie, wasn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min Straw Grasping Te... 149,884
Charmaine Partin 4 hr momo 8
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 5 hr very 26,227
Exposing the UNITE ponzi pyramid scheme! 6 hr California Condor 3
Churches 7 hr IronHammer 2
Looking for a place to rent ASAP 11 hr Momolovesmatthew 1
selfless love witnessed 11 hr IronHammer 1
Sheriff deputies 11 hr cant wait 16

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs