Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,163

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#94412 Jan 26, 2013
Oh, you must be talking about Romneys plan to rig the election that went wrong

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

East Bernstadt, KY

#94413 Jan 26, 2013
GWB wrote:
Have you complained to republican senator Mitch McConnell and did he also say the election was rigged?
You seem to think like Mrs Clinton of some vast conspiracy.. Not the situation... Local officials in several areas committed fraud ... Just like in the Frankin vote... local officials allowed for fraud and after the fact there not much can be done... Now I'm sure there was some fraud on both sides but when it's as obvious by the numbers it's disheartening so few people care... Just making it clear so that when the next time the political pendulum swings the other way those that have given support to the Government the Adore they should be very quite when that power is used by the government they abhor...

East Bernstadt, KY

#94414 Jan 26, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Are you talking about when Bush lost the popular vote but still won the election? Because Obama won both the popular vote and the electoral vote.
Q, please stop watching Fox lies
The Electoral College is the Only rational way to elect a national vote... Otherwise a Single City or a Single State could someday have a population density that allowed that city to maintain a presidential election even if the rest of the nation disagreed...

I actually watch several different news agency's both domestic and foreign... I never avoid watching any news source simple because some of it's pundits have differing views from me, to do so would mean I live in a self induced informational bubble and would not have the proper information to make informed decisions... Some people tend to like informational bubbles where they are not tasked to use their own intellect to decipher the massive information available... To Some people it comfortable following a party line and getting a tingle up their leg... I prefer to hear all sides to issues I find of import... You can of course limit yourself all you wish...

East Bernstadt, KY

#94415 Jan 26, 2013
Satanic Priest wrote:
Oh, you must be talking about Romneys plan to rig the election that went wrong
Did he publish it in word format or as a PDF?
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94417 Jan 26, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to think like Mrs Clinton of some vast conspiracy.. Not the situation... Local officials in several areas committed fraud ... Just like in the Frankin vote... local officials allowed for fraud and after the fact there not much can be done... Now I'm sure there was some fraud on both sides but when it's as obvious by the numbers it's disheartening so few people care... Just making it clear so that when the next time the political pendulum swings the other way those that have given support to the Government the Adore they should be very quite when that power is used by the government they abhor...
How can officials knowingly allow fraud and yet not be held accountable to a court of law if proof exists as you say? Anyone can make a accusation of fraud but may be liable for slander if you cannot prove it.

East Bernstadt, KY

#94418 Jan 26, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
How can officials knowingly allow fraud and yet not be held accountable to a court of law if proof exists as you say? Anyone can make a accusation of fraud but may be liable for slander if you cannot prove it.
Seriously? In a time when government can and has allowed Fraud, Theft and transfer of 1000's of fire arms into the hands of drug cartels, at a period of History where corruption rules the day in many segments of local, state and national venues you ask "How can officials knowingly allow fraud and yet not be held accountable to a court of law if proof exists as you say?" I guess my posts over time about science and the concept of what Constitutes Proof versus Evidence must have slipped by you.... Here I do it one more time... Now Pay Attention...;)...

The term Proof/Proven is Subjective... One person or Group of people can see 2000 individual pieces of evidence and conclude a claim is Not Proven... One person or a Group of people can see 1 Piece , 1 shred of Evidence and conclude that what is claimed is Proven...

I see through a scientific eye and when I see 120% of registered voters vote for a candidate, or 52 districts voting 100% for a candidate.... I tend to view that as Evidence of Fraud... When I see a candidate win by say 400 votes and later I see documentation that there were 500 Convicted Felons who voted for that candidate I consider that Evidence of Fraud... When I add that Evidence with NGO's that have had over 20 individuals convicted of voter fraud, and then that NGO banned from receiving funding due to fraud allegations.... That bolsters my view that the Evidence of other Frauds are Valid....

Now when I see Federal Law Enforcement member getting transferred to better jobs and none of them being held to account after allowing the transfer of 1000's of firearms into the hands of drug cartels then some of those firearms killing 1000's of Mexican nationals and at least 4 US agents and citizens I tend to loose some faith in those Federal Law Enforcement Agencies ability to investigate Politically Motivated Fraud... When I have seen several of those FLEA's not arrest an Individual when he was in the open and wait until he was home with a 100 other people there before ordering the compound to be stormed and it ending in over 80 dead men, women and children I tend to not give them the benefit of the doubt in all cases....

I could go on and on, give links to many, many examples where the Government, under Both Parties, have side step even attempting to investigate much less prosecute it's own people misdeeds but spending a bit of time on other informational resources than MSNBC, though I would never tell you not to watch their versions of truths, you may find that over a long History Our Government has allowed Fraud to go unchecked....
endtime

AOL

#94419 Jan 26, 2013

PROOF Obama's Relection = ANTICHRIST_______

Truth

Dahlonega, GA

#94420 Jan 26, 2013
God is watching. What do u think he is thinking about what all if you are saying?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94421 Jan 26, 2013
GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
You have commented that you are against pro-choice for women concerning abortion and also the teaching of evolution in public schools. Is this the view of your church also?
ABORTION
The expulsion of an embryo or fetus before it can live on its own. Common use often distinguishes between abortion and miscarriage, the former being defined as the deliberate and induced emptying of a pregnant uterus, the latter being considered as the accidental and unavoidable interruption of pregnancy. The distinction between abortion and miscarriage is not made in the Bible; there the terms are used in a broader and interchangeable sense. The Hebrew sha·khal&#8242;, meaning “suffer an abortion”(Ex 23:26), is also rendered “bereave”(De 32:25),‘bereave of children’(Le 26:22),‘miscarry’(Ho 9:14), and “prove fruitless”(Mal 3:11). The Hebrew word yoh·tse&#700;th, rendered “abortion” in Psalm 144:14, is from a root meaning “come out.”(Compare Ge 27:30.) The expressions “miscarriage” and “one prematurely born”(Ps 58:8; Ec 6:3) render the Hebrew word ne&#8242;phel, which comes from the root na·phal&#8242;, meaning “fall.”—Compare Isa 26:18.
Unavoidable abortion or miscarriage may be caused by accident, infectious disease, mental or physical stress and strain, or because of a general organic weakness on the part of the mother. The waters near Jericho were death dealing, causing miscarriages, until Jehovah’s prophet Elisha healed them.—2Ki 2:19-22.
Deliberately to induce abortion or miscarriage by artificial means, by the use of drugs, or by medical operation, the sole purpose of which is to avoid the birth of an unwanted child, is an act of high crime in the sight of God. Life as a precious gift from God is sacred. Hence God’s law to Moses protected the life of an unborn baby against more than criminal abortion, for if in a fracas between men a pregnant woman suffered an accident fatal to her or the child,“then you must give soul for soul.”(Ex 21:22-25) Of course, before applying that penalty, the circumstances and degree of deliberateness were taken into consideration by the judges.(Compare Nu 35:22-24, 31.) But emphasizing the seriousness of any deliberate attempt to cause injury, Dr. J. Glenn comments:“The viable embryo in the uterus IS a human individual, and therefore destroying it, is a violation of the sixth commandment.”—The Bible and Modern Medicine, 1963, p. 176.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94422 Jan 26, 2013
Not ‘Exchanging the Truth for a Lie’
Bringing our lives into agreement with God’s purposes is vital to our future, since with him is “the source of life.”(Psalm 36:9) So we should not become ensnared by philosophies that are contrary to reality. Romans 1:25 speaks of “those who exchanged the truth of God for the lie and venerated and rendered sacred service to the creation rather than the One who created.” As we have seen, the theory of evolution is contrary to reality, yes, effectively a “lie.” Exchanging the facts about the God of Creation for such a “lie” is, as Romans 1:20 states,“inexcusable” in view of the evidence.
Do not be surprised that the theory of evolution has become so widespread in modern times despite the evidence against it. The real message of this belief is that there is no God, that he is unnecessary. From where would such a monumental lie originate? Jesus identified the source when he said:“The Devil . . . is a liar and the father of the lie.”—John 8:44.
We need to face the fact that the theory of evolution serves the purposes of Satan. He wants people to imitate his course, and that of Adam and Eve, in rebelling against God. This is especially so now, since the Devil has only “a short period of time” left.(Revelation 12:9-12) Thus, believing in evolution would mean promoting his interests and blinding oneself to the wonderful purposes of the Creator. How, then, should we feel about this? We feel indignant toward those who try to defraud us of money, or even of a few material possessions. We should feel even stronger indignation toward the doctrine of evolution and its originator, since the intent is to defraud us of eternal life.—1 Peter 5:8.
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

#94423 Jan 26, 2013
"GWB",
I hope I have answered your two questions on Abortion and Evolution by giving you an answer based on God's Word the Bible.
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94425 Jan 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
No Collider required... No one needed to build anything... Conversion of Energy into Matter and Matter into Energy happens every split second of every moment of every day Naturally.... It's only a matter of scale...
Again the Evidence is massive, there are Reams of data collected for hundreds of years in dusty old books that has been painstakingly saved by millions of people in many fields... Evidence in the form of data collected from observation, experimentation, testing and evaluations.... Much of which later is used to Make Theory, Opinion and Physical Laws... Just because you don't study and learn what each little bit of evidence means and how it fits with other evidence and the linkage between the assorted fields of study is Your problem not the problem of the evidence not being there...
Myself I see no need for alternate universes or multi dimensional realms ... It seems Simple... All we observe in the Universe is Em waves connected to real single kind of physical particles moving in a inverse tensor quantum state... From there everything flows... No need for anyone or anything to direct it... No need for magic... Religion requires Magic be considered Real...
And Science doesn't?... Where did the Energy come from?
Everything breaks down... does NOT organize into something else!
Look at your house... Do you not have to paint it every year or so?
Or does it paint itself? NO!
God is real, and yes... it is Supernatural!
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94426 Jan 27, 2013
believer wrote:
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God!! This is the only thing that could possibly turn our state and country around!
Amen!
But it's too late... The end cometh!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94427 Jan 27, 2013
How stupid can you be wrote:
<quoted text>Amen!
But it's too late... The end cometh!
Really? You long for the end of the world? What a sick loser you are.
Please tell us when the end will come, because in the last hundred years it has been claimed to be coming hundreds of times
How stupid can you be

Stanton, KY

#94428 Jan 27, 2013
Thoughtful Observer wrote:
It case it has escaped anyone's notice: This is just a gossip forum, and nothing written here by anonymous strangers can hope to counter or contend with core beliefs and philosophies either instilled since childhood, or arrived at later in people's lives through real-life experiences. Words themselves are meaningless without a reputable or respected source to associate them with. No one here is likely to attain the clout of, say, a parent or other relative, or a known and respected minister, or a professor or scholar, or even a trusted friend.
Further: Those who truly believe that their god or faith or lack thereof is correct should have no need to defend it here. The very fact that some are compelled to do so and so adamantly just demonstrates their need to further convince not others, but themselves. I would think that true believers of any ethos wouldn't be so desperate for self-validation or the agreement of others, as has been showcased here.
None of you are doing any service to your viewpoints by participating in this spectacle.
Yer a bit wrong here...
I've already been convinced of God Existance...
He is REAL!
What I want, is for these/you to understand,
We ALL will die, We ALL will face Judgement!
You either are a Freind of God, or Not...
Our Choice!
After our last Breath... it's TOO Late!
Choose Wisely!

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94429 Jan 27, 2013
<quoted text>Yer a bit wrong here...
I've already been convinced of the Easter bunny's Existance...
He is REAL!
You either are a Freind of the bunny, or Not...
Our Choice!
Choose Wisely!
What about Santa Claus?

“There is no god”

War, WV

#94430 Jan 27, 2013
<quoted text>Yer a bit wrong here...
I've already been convinced of the tooth fairy Existance...
He is REAL!
You either are a Freind of the tooth fairy, or Not...
Our Choice!
Choose Wisely!
While the burden of proof is on the claimant, there is ample proof that the christian cult was made up in the third century CE.
The christian cult rides piggy back on the Jewish beliefs, except they have made a "new" god, one that is loving and forgiving rather than the hate filled violent god of the Jewish people. The new christian religion picks and chooses from the old jewish religion, taking that which justifies themselves and ignoring the inconvenient parts.
The fact that the christian cult can claim some parts of the religion they piggy back on and disclaim other parts is evident that the whole christian cult was fabricated.
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94431 Jan 27, 2013
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously? In a time when government can and has allowed Fraud, Theft and transfer of 1000's of fire arms into the hands of drug cartels, at a period of History where corruption rules the day in many segments of local, state and national venues you ask "How can officials knowingly allow fraud and yet not be held accountable to a court of law if proof exists as you say?" I guess my posts over time about science and the concept of what Constitutes Proof versus Evidence must have slipped by you.... Here I do it one more time... Now Pay Attention...;)...
The term Proof/Proven is Subjective... One person or Group of people can see 2000 individual pieces of evidence and conclude a claim is Not Proven... One person or a Group of people can see 1 Piece , 1 shred of Evidence and conclude that what is claimed is Proven...
I see through a scientific eye and when I see 120% of registered voters vote for a candidate, or 52 districts voting 100% for a candidate.... I tend to view that as Evidence of Fraud... When I see a candidate win by say 400 votes and later I see documentation that there were 500 Convicted Felons who voted for that candidate I consider that Evidence of Fraud... When I add that Evidence with NGO's that have had over 20 individuals convicted of voter fraud, and then that NGO banned from receiving funding due to fraud allegations.... That bolsters my view that the Evidence of other Frauds are Valid....
Now when I see Federal Law Enforcement member getting transferred to better jobs and none of them being held to account after allowing the transfer of 1000's of firearms into the hands of drug cartels then some of those firearms killing 1000's of Mexican nationals and at least 4 US agents and citizens I tend to loose some faith in those Federal Law Enforcement Agencies ability to investigate Politically Motivated Fraud... When I have seen several of those FLEA's not arrest an Individual when he was in the open and wait until he was home with a 100 other people there before ordering the compound to be stormed and it ending in over 80 dead men, women and children I tend to not give them the benefit of the doubt in all cases....
I could go on and on, give links to many, many examples where the Government, under Both Parties, have side step even attempting to investigate much less prosecute it's own people misdeeds but spending a bit of time on other informational resources than MSNBC, though I would never tell you not to watch their versions of truths, you may find that over a long History Our Government has allowed Fraud to go unchecked....
O.K. I see the points you're making.

Now for a moment of zen

East Bernstadt, KY

#94432 Jan 27, 2013
<quoted text>And Science doesn't?... Where did the Energy come from?
Everything breaks down... does NOT organize into something else!
Look at your house... Do you not have to paint it every year or so?
Or does it paint itself? NO!
God is real, and yes... it is Supernatural!
Your are showing your lack of education about the Universe around you... No Everything does Not Break Down... In Earth where wind, rain and assorted processes stuff seems to break down in the very short time frame humans perceive.... But in the Universe Things Self Organize... particles are attracted to other particles via gravitational influences, those more complex groupings of particles from dusts and gases... Those form small rocks and so forth until enough matter is gravitationally compacted that it starts to fuse and a star is born, and nuclear fusion converts its mass into assorted materials it burns it's fuel and collapses tossing ever more complex materials that continue to self assemble Until today...

I'm am always amazed with all the knowledge man has acquired over the millennia that there are still those that never bother to study any of it....
GWB

Roseville, CA

#94433 Jan 27, 2013
Known Fact wrote:
"GWB",
I hope I have answered your two questions on Abortion and Evolution by giving you an answer based on God's Word the Bible.
That said, if you and your church members have voted, you could of have laws made that favor what you believe, but since you did not vote, the out come of the election went to Obama. Would you rather that Mitt had won instead of Obama?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
teena Marie mills 4 min infoman 7
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 50 min Darren 226
food stamp office 52 min Darren 16
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 1 hr Just a fact 22
jason hughes 3 hr sky 10
jessica napier 12 hr hmm 1
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 14 hr _Zoey_ 3,608
praying it's all a lie 22 hr Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating