Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments (Page 4,512)

Showing posts 90,221 - 90,240 of128,544
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94266
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Not fooled wrote:
<quoted text>The bible was never in public schools. At least not legit.
The "schools" before the 1940's where all private schools, poor people's children worked in sweat shops for 12 hours a day and did not learn to read or write (those are christian values, we put a stop to it with child labor laws)
Then you would be Wrong.... For many years after the Constitution was ratified several states such as Massachusetts and Connecticut had Public Schools that Completely Religious Based and taught scripture.. They continued to do so until State Constitutions were amended to disallow such biblical based public schools.... It wasn't until 1833 that all states had disestablished religion from public schools as it was understood that the 1st amendment only applied to Federal Government being limited and did not limit the states ability to have State religious affiliation...

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94267
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Not fooled wrote:
<quoted text>The bible was never in public schools. At least not legit.
The "schools" before the 1940's where all private schools, poor people's children worked in sweat shops for 12 hours a day and did not learn to read or write (those are christian values, we put a stop to it with child labor laws)
Paw beat my arse with a switch and made me go to school. I would be screamin', don't beat me Paw I don't need no book larnin', I wanna be like you when I grow up.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94268
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Not fooled wrote:
<quoted text>Let us hope so.
In FL the Gov. just signed a law that lets any religion pray at outside events like football games. A group of Satanist showed their support for this as we will be there to pray to Satan within the law
I know. I think the satanists ought to demand to be able to wear their jewelry in school, too.

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94269
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you would be Wrong.... For many years after the Constitution was ratified several states such as Massachusetts and Connecticut had Public Schools that Completely Religious Based and taught scripture.. They continued to do so until State Constitutions were amended to disallow such biblical based public schools.... It wasn't until 1833 that all states had disestablished religion from public schools as it was understood that the 1st amendment only applied to Federal Government being limited and did not limit the states ability to have State religious affiliation...
Nope. You're wrong. These were not public schools at all. You've been misinformed.
ViceVersa

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94270
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

ViceVersa wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how I'm making a "BIGGER" difference on this thread, I'm a Christian and that makes me a Master Bater. See, that's why I laughed at you, debater, God and I are in "TOUCH" with our Members and with "MINOR" Members.
I knew you were a Christian.
ViceVersa

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94271
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
All members Large or Small "NEED" Touching. Praise the LORD for YOU and the Master Bater "SKILLS" we Christians have... Hallelujah its raining MENS... And I likes IT... And "YOU"....
Christian and homosexual. See, it is possible.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94272
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

nancy29346 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope. You're wrong. These were not public schools at all. You've been misinformed.
Nope... from the period of the ratification of the Constitution until 1933 there was no concept of separation between schools and legislature and religious controls... Even the Concept of Separation of Church and State (An Extra Constitutional Construct) was not known until Jefferson's letter to the Baptists of Danbury,Ct in 1802.. But even then he was addressing the Federal Governments input on the Issue and did not speak to Local and State controls which was settled in 1833... And Yes those schools were Public Paid schools systems where the lands and teachers were paid by the local governments and all local citizens could send their children too.. Schools in Many states taught directly from biblical texts and taught biblical scripture from those texts as part of the class room teaching programs...

Today we have changed the concept of Public due to converting our Federal Government into a National Government so that Public means that Federal Funding determines Public but that was not the Intent of the Constitution... The Debate of having a National Governance versus a Federal Governance was had during the 1st Congress and the Federalists Won that debate... But Nationalist never gave up and slowly via Extra Constitutional and UN-Constitutional methods have today it can be argued altered the basic construct of a Federal Government into a National Government... Then since the 30's have slowly added a Socialist aspect so we are today very close to a National Socialist Government... The Next Step is to transfer power from the National Socialist Government into the hands of a Single person... Then History Repeats itself....
ChromiuMan

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94273
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is obvious. First, a thousand years is but a day to Yahweh. Second, as many spiritual beings have posted on this thread, all religions pretty much contain the same wisdom. Third, in Taoism, "Inaction is a form of action."
So for the last couple days God has been meditating in what Quantumist would call, "And now for a moment of zen."
See? When you have convoluted, err.. pondered it correctly, God is perfect.
Yahweh. LOL

Glad you're on a first name basis with your "imaginary" god.

"Hello, Yahweh."
"Good morning, Turd."
Satanic Priest

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94274
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

nancy29346 wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. I think the satanists ought to demand to be able to wear their jewelry in school, too.
Chester wears his jewel encrusted pentagrams, a headband with little red horns, a Hello Kitty brooch embellished with a snazzy cubic zirconia and bone 666, and a big button that says I <3 satan.
He proudly carries his keychain that says "HORNY."

He's a true representative of satanism.
separation church n state

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94277
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The answer is obvious. First, a thousand years is but a day to Yahweh. Second, as many spiritual beings have posted on this thread, all religions pretty much contain the same wisdom. Third, in Taoism, "Inaction is a form of action."
So for the last couple days God has been meditating in what Quantumist would call, "And now for a moment of zen."
See? When you have convoluted, err.. pondered it correctly, God is perfect.
Oh my, maybe Kim Schwab and jeff Schwab of Campbellsville KY have more than stills underground, but a methamphetimine laboratory as well. No wonder pee paws alpacas were chewing the bark off trees and trying to mate the peacocks mamaw has. I hear that meth stuff is brewed with rye whiskey stills. People, customers, beware!
Grey Boxer

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94278
Jan 22, 2013
 

Judged:

2

Well I thought I would throw my two pennies in even tho I'm sure this has been covered in one of the thousands posts.

Jesus never gave one public prayer. He never made everyone shut up while he talked to God. His instructions where to pray in private, I think he even mentions going into a closet. That being said, no one can ever take prayer away from you. You can always pray but sometimes you just can't do it out loud and force your prayer on others.

Lets just say that God was put back in schools, what religion would you want some stranger teaching your child? If you were Catholic would you want a Baptist undermining your teachings? Could all you religious people agree on one teaching for all the different religions? Isn't there just some things that need to be left to the parents to teach?

Schools use to also be segregated, do we need to bring that back as well?
culture vulture

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94280
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Grey Boxer wrote:
Well I thought I would throw my two pennies in even tho I'm sure this has been covered in one of the thousands posts.
Jesus never gave one public prayer. He never made everyone shut up while he talked to God. His instructions where to pray in private, I think he even mentions going into a closet. That being said, no one can ever take prayer away from you. You can always pray but sometimes you just can't do it out loud and force your prayer on others.
Lets just say that God was put back in schools, what religion would you want some stranger teaching your child? If you were Catholic would you want a Baptist undermining your teachings? Could all you religious people agree on one teaching for all the different religions? Isn't there just some things that need to be left to the parents to teach?
Schools use to also be segregated, do we need to bring that back as well?
Most intelligent post on here in a long while. Thank you.
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94282
Jan 23, 2013
 
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
The Next Step is to transfer power from the National Socialist Government into the hands of a Single person... Then History Repeats itself....
Will it be an Atheist or a religious one?
Known Fact

Cocoa Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94284
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Grey Boxer wrote:
Well I thought I would throw my two pennies in even tho I'm sure this has been covered in one of the thousands posts.
Jesus never gave one public prayer. He never made everyone shut up while he talked to God. His instructions where to pray in private, I think he even mentions going into a closet. That being said, no one can ever take prayer away from you. You can always pray but sometimes you just can't do it out loud and force your prayer on others.
Lets just say that God was put back in schools, what religion would you want some stranger teaching your child? If you were Catholic would you want a Baptist undermining your teachings? Could all you religious people agree on one teaching for all the different religions? Isn't there just some things that need to be left to the parents to teach?
Schools use to also be segregated, do we need to bring that back as well?
If you are agreeing that religion should be left out of public school I agree with you 100% and at the same time leave out the religion of Evolution. Why can I call Evolution a religion is because it takes a lot more faith to believe than it does to believe creation.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.panoramio.com/user/

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94285
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

GWB wrote:
<quoted text>
Will it be an Atheist or a religious one?
As Clinton said about the 4 dead Americans in Bengazi... "At this point what does it matter"

“I Luv Carbon Dioxide”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94286
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Satanic Priest wrote:
If you look at the ACTIONS of all the christians and catholics through history you will see they lie when they claim to be good, unless you think burning people alive is good. Or a catholic priest raping children is good, or a baptist youth minister raping little girls is good, or beating a child to death for god is good, or gossiping is good etc...
My user name shows that I am against all of that so it is a good user name.
And calling some one whom lies a liar is not bad, it is just honest.
No, I am subservant to no one or anything
Like making history into gossip; at least the Catholics and Christians face their history. Like hospitals, universities and worship centers; what have you done?
Grey Boxer

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94287
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are agreeing that religion should be left out of public school I agree with you 100% and at the same time leave out the religion of Evolution. Why can I call Evolution a religion is because it takes a lot more faith to believe than it does to believe creation.
I'm saying teach facts in school, not faith. Sorry but the Evolution theory makes way more sense than the talking snake theory.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94288
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are agreeing that religion should be left out of public school I agree with you 100% and at the same time leave out the religion of Evolution. Why can I call Evolution a religion is because it takes a lot more faith to believe than it does to believe creation.
Speaking of 3 steps from Crazyville....

You should have by now been grappling to understand that there is no such thing as the "religion of Evolution." That boogeyman is merely your inability to imagine cognition which isn't homogeneously pervaded with a superstitious belief system. I realize it is probably an intrinsic component of your psyche, and for that you have my sympathy.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94289
Jan 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brian_G wrote:
<quoted text>Like making history into gossip; at least the Catholics and Christians face their history. Like hospitals, universities and worship centers; what have you done?
"Catholics and Christians..."?
LOL! Who doesn't find it gloriously ironic when Bible thumpers allege a distinction between the AUTHORS OF THE BIBLE and their own pious sanctity?

ROFL! FACE YOUR HISTORY, Bubba!
GWB

Rancho Cordova, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#94290
Jan 23, 2013
 
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
As Clinton said about the 4 dead Americans in Bengazi... "At this point what does it matter"
Many more civilians and troops were killed under Bush and Reagan watch. I think that any type of dictatorship would be religious in nature.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 90,221 - 90,240 of128,544
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

83 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Any couples into SCAT??? 3 min Jason lake 2
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 10 min Dodedo 146,085
Orange water 32 min jack 3
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Throne 81,564
legalize marijuana 3 hr ole hippy 4
Ky Biscuit Company 4 hr same here 13
GRUBB TRUCKING NEW Post 4 hr Just Watching 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••