Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
90,201 - 90,220 of 130,460 Comments Last updated 38 min ago
Not fooled

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

lover girl 2010 wrote:
You know it takes how many to go against me and what I have been telling you, You know thats the way they done "JESUS", they was all against him, but he forgave them and loved them and died for Us ..I don't know how any of you all can deny the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost! And as for Knowledge, history, theories and science..thats all well and good as long as it doesn't go against the Bible..Keep on believing in your god Satan or a non-believer and we will see in the end who wins!!!!
It is not that "it takes that many of us against you" It is that christians are a small minority of the population now that all christians are outnumbered by 5 to 1 .
Maqybe it is time for US to burn YOU at the stake, treating you freaks like you treated us. Than you can find out that your god does not exist.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

lover girl 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
No matter if he was backed by the Catholic church, He didn't know GODS word the Bible. The Catholic Church is a religion like all religions have their faults. All have failed at one time or another but the "Bible" GODS word has been here since the beginning of time! These men that use the church or their belief to justified their Terrible Acts of Violence, GOD has no part of them...
How do you know this to be true?

Also, the Bible is not 13.5 billion years old therefore it has not been here since the beginning of time. It is a few thousand years old.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

lover girl 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
All have failed at one time or another but the "Bible" GODS word has been here since the beginning of time!
"The beginning of time?" Really?

You DO know that the "bible" was assembled around 300 CE, right?
That it didn't just drop from "heaven" printed in English and leather-bound?
That Saul/Paul hijacked the old Hebrew deity called Yahweh when he created a new religion called Christianity?

"The beginning of time?" When do you think that was...really?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

lover girl 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
I just know someone that kills innocence people has no heart and has no love, that is what Jesus taught in his teachings was love...It might be fiction to you but not to me, and as for history I'm not as well read as some!
Not to be overtly cruel or anything, but you do realize that according to the Old Testament, a "lover girl" is an adulteress who is supposed to be stoned to death (preferably at her father's front door) and that according to most of the Xtian posters here Jesus did not repeal the commandments, so there is little reason to believe he repealed the punishments, either. Just a word to the wise, you might want to sneak in the back door of your folks house if you have any zealots infesting the 'hood.
ViceVersa

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

ViceVersa wrote:
<quoted text>
You are obviously stressing this situation! What you believe is being placed under the microscope! Scrutiny and criticism all combined with rational & logical thinking tears apart what you 'think' is true with reality. I'm sorry you are stuck in this corporeal reality. Do not threaten us with fear and damnation!
Are you still complaining about these badass Christians threatening you with Hell?
To even consider it a "threat," gives it a certain amount of validity.
And, telling them they threaten you with fear? Really? It makes you afraid?

You're a disgrace to Atheists.

Quit crying and fretting over the thought of Hell, put on your "jammies," clutch your teddy, and go to sleep.
Don't read the Bible before you go to sleep, either.
Your mom doesn't want to have to change the sheets.
ViceVersa

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

ViceVersa wrote:
<quoted text>
HERESY! OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!
Are you making a bigger difference on this thread, yet, debater?
ViceVersa

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

ViceVersa wrote:
<quoted text>
You should invest a personal belief to other ideologies and see where that lands you. Reality is a beautiful place once you escape the clutches of your Imagination. The brain is a powerful (very powerful) tool to use.
Ugly irony. Ugly.

You're telling people to invest "personal belief' after your big conniption over the word "belief" in which you frantically kept declaring that you don't believe in anything at all...
And, now you're telling people to "use their brains" after you said Topix rants are how YOU make a difference in the world, particularly to help resolve the AIDS crisis in Africa?

See, that's why I laughed at you, debater. You should expect ridicule.
LOL in a suit

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, your christian.
Tell us again how it feels when you're really trying to be witty and come up with a real zinger but just end up making a fool out of yourself by spelling like Rain Man.
Satanic Priest

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>
But if you really want me to pray to almighty Satan for you I will
You religious NUTS always dumping your unwanted prayers on people.
Satanic Priest

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>I ignore them because they are posted by christians and they are not factual. The christian cult makes these things up for fools to believe, "there is a sucker born every minute".
Am I saying that there are no Satanist ever to do these things? No, because there are. But not on the scale of the christian cult. Besides WE are not the ones trying to get close to children in schools.(we do not believe in brain washing children) Have you ever wondered why they want to get close to children so much?
Oh that's your lame excuse.... The satanic rape cases must be "made up" by Christians. LOL
That's how you religious nuts face facts now.
Just say a Christian made it up and you're off the hook.
satanists are the only nuts stupid enough to believe that.
How long have you been floating in DENIAL river?

Colin Batley, the satanic cult leader who raped so many kids made worldwide headlines as have many more of your "respected" leaders. Google it. See how many come up and disregard the Christian sites.

By the way you just made a claim that YOUR rapes are "not on the scale of the Christian cult."
You are obligated to support that claim with verifiable statistics now.
Show the "religies" and "non-believers" alike numbers that can be proven. You can't.

Either way, though, child molestation is the same no matter which of you religious NUTS are the perpetrators. Your comment suggests that because satanists rape "less," then that's a lot better. LOL
Wrong, Chester. You rapists should be put to death. All of you. You, specifically, should be at the head of the line with your wife.

Ever hear about those men who go berserk and kill their family and then themselves? Think about it, Chester. Do it in the name of your god.
Satanic Priest

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>My religion does not dictate harming children, I am not a christian.
And since when does pointing out criminal activity indicate an obsession? Am I to ignore these crimes?
Look what you just said.
Your religion does not dictate harming kids?
But, you're aware that some satanic NUTS still do. Why is that. Chester?
I'll answer for you, since you're scared.
They do it because they have their own evil agenda, their own twisting and manipulating of doctrine.
You should be intelligent enough to realize that heinous acts are committed by evil people who sometimes hide behind the facade or guise of religion... but you're not.

Looking at Christianity, child molestation is not written as part of their practicing doctrine instructing Christian believers to rape kids either.
Yet, some religious NUTS still rape kids.

You don't want to be judged based on the activity of the nuts in your silly religion who do rape kids. Yet, you readily judge all Christians for the acts committed by the select perverts claiming Christianity.
(Hypocrisy)

Explain that with logic. Better yet, I'll do it for you.
You just hate Christians and Christianity. That's all.
However, being biased means your logic is flawed.
Flawed logic and hypocrisy means you have no credibility.
No credibility means you are worthless.
Worthless people should die.
LOL in a suit

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2013

Judged:

LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>Good come back, christian.
Her comeback was almost as funny as yours... "your" a Christian.
I laughed.

I laughed boisterously, Christie!

Raucous laughter...

Could be considered a guffaw.

In fact, had old Quanty attempted that level of laughter, he would've soiled his sheets.

“It was only just a song”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Good Day all, hope yall are warm and cozy on this cold , cold day...
A good day is one , where we forgot what we recalled and a bad one is where we recall what we should have forgot.
ViceVersa

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

ViceVersa wrote:
<quoted text>
HERESY! OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!
Notice how I'm making a "BIGGER" difference on this thread, I'm a Christian and that makes me a Master Bater. See, that's why I laughed at you, debater, God and I are in "TOUCH" with our Members and with "MINOR" Members.
Yes and Amen

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

ViceVersa wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice how I'm making a "BIGGER" difference on this thread, I'm a Christian and that makes me a Master Bater. See, that's why I laughed at you, debater, God and I are in "TOUCH" with our Members and with "MINOR" Members.
All members Large or Small "NEED" Touching. Praise the LORD for YOU and the Master Bater "SKILLS" we Christians have... Hallelujah its raining MENS... And I likes IT... And "YOU"....
this worl

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

They Took the Bible out of the schools Now the kids kill . Mabe that should tell yo somethng. This world is smessd up from pople thiking God is not and important part of our lfe.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

this worl wrote:
They Took the Bible out of the schools Now the kids kill . Mabe that should tell yo somethng. This world is smessd up from pople thiking God is not and important part of our lfe.
Damned cutbacks. They took spelling out of school, too.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

this worl wrote:
I think with a little bit of research you'll find that the reasons for insane violence are far more complex. The Bible still exists. 80+% of Americans are Christians. Violence still happens. If God is real, and if he cares about kids being killed, then why does he watch it happen and not lift a finger to stop it?

In other words, why does the God of the Bible behave exactly as if he does not exist at all?

Ponder it.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I think with a little bit of research you'll find that the reasons for insane violence are far more complex. The Bible still exists. 80+% of Americans are Christians. Violence still happens. If God is real, and if he cares about kids being killed, then why does he watch it happen and not lift a finger to stop it?
In other words, why does the God of the Bible behave exactly as if he does not exist at all?
Ponder it.
The answer is obvious. First, a thousand years is but a day to Yahweh. Second, as many spiritual beings have posted on this thread, all religions pretty much contain the same wisdom. Third, in Taoism, "Inaction is a form of action."
So for the last couple days God has been meditating in what Quantumist would call, "And now for a moment of zen."
See? When you have convoluted, err.. pondered it correctly, God is perfect.
Not fooled

Fort Myers, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 22, 2013

Judged:

this worl wrote:
The bible was never in public schools. At least not legit.
The "schools" before the 1940's where all private schools, poor people's children worked in sweat shops for 12 hours a day and did not learn to read or write (those are christian values, we put a stop to it with child labor laws)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Secret Mitch McConnell Recording 2 min John 2
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min DITCH MITCH 151,035
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 13 min 5utu 1,093
Tommy golden 3 hr one who knows 29
Travis slushpup 6 hr Beenthere 1
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 7 hr yourmommm 1,048
Mayor West Sunday Campaining Respect the Sabbath 9 hr yep 15
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••